Role suggestions for upcoming madness game.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Role suggestions for upcoming madness game.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:24 am

Post by istott »

Hey everyone! As soon as I'm eligible, I plan on running a role madness game called "Absorber Mafia".
As the game currently stands, the rules are the following:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1209 ... cslist_api
As you can see, it's only an 11 player game, with one mafia. This is because I originally designed this game for a smaller site.
However, for Mafiascum, I would like to expand the game to allow for more players and a second mafia.
This second mafia would be an "absorber in training", who becomes an absorber once the original absorber dies. The new absorber will start from fresh, however.
I would like to make this game into a 16 player game with 2 mafia, but to do so, I need a few more roles. I was thinking of having a possible role pool of 21 roles, of which five random roles are not included. I only have 15 roles at the moment though, so I need some help creating the new roles. That's where you guys come in!
So far The rules for the roles are as follows:
The role may not kill, modify the effectiveness of the absorbers absorbed action, prevent a kill, or change or determine alignment.
Thanks for the help!
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60156
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

While I haven't looked, role madness games should not be open. (unless they're smalltown, but you wouldn't want that)
As such since you've publicly posted all that information, this one would be no good.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:03 am

Post by istott »

It's only semi open. At the moment, there are 15 roles, but only 11 players. The only person who knows which roles are not included is the absorber.
"istott should be known as the guy who modded a marathon game with no scum and randomised night actions"
-Mathdino
istott
istott
Goon
istott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by istott »

For everyone's information, here is the Serial Killer Absorber's abilities:
1:The Serial Killer Absorber’s kill will also cause the Serial Killer Absorber to gain the role of whoever the victim was. In each night, the Serial Killer Absorber may use any or all of their actions. Unlike the Town, the Serial Killer Absorber may choose not to use an ability.
2:The Serial Killer Absorber’s kill (and any abilities they absorb throughout the course of the game) is undetectable by the Watcher, the Forensic Investigator, the Copycat, the Worditor, or any other role that may be able to detect other roles.
3:The Serial Killer Absorber’s kill (and any abilities they absorb throughout the course of the game) is unpreventable, and cannot be affected by the Roleblocker, the Blocktor, the Motivator, the Copycat, the Worditor, Schrodinger’s Cat, or any other role that may be able to affect the effectiveness of roles.
4:The Serial Killer Absorber (as a role) cannot be targeted by the Roletracker, the Rolewatcher, or the Captain. Any roles targeting the Serial Killer Absorber (as a player) will ignore the fact that said player is the Serial Killer Absorber , and will instead treat the Serial Killer Absorber as if they were a Town-Aligned player only possessing the Town role they started off with.
5:Upon being killed by the Serial Killer Absorber, Role of the victim will only be partially revealed, as Informative, Manipulative, or Miscellaneous.

Here are the Town Roles ( the ones I need a few more of [The Serial Killer Absorber starts off with a random one of these powers. Ten of the remaining 14 abilities are given to the town. The four left over are removed from the game, and the Serial Killer Absorber is informed which 4 they were.]):

Rolecop: The Rolecop must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. They will then receive that target's role PM. If the Rolecop targets the Serial Killer Absorber, the Rolecop will only recieve information about the Town role that the Serial Killer Absorber started off with.

Roletracker: The Roletracker must PM the GM the name of one role (except the Absorber) at the start of each night. They will then find out who that role targeted. If the Rolecop targets a role that was not in the possession of a player at the start of the game, or a role that has been absorbed by the Serial Killer Absorber, they will fail their action.

Watcher: The Watcher must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. They will then find out who targeted that player with their night action that night.

Rolewatcher: The Rolewatcher must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. They will then find out what roles targeted that player.

Forensic Investigator: The Forensic Investigator must PM the GM the name of one dead player and one night in which they were alive or killed, at the start of each night. They will then find out what actions were performed on them that night, and who they targeted that night.

Roleblocker: The Roleblocker must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. That person will fail their night action that night.

Blocktor: The Blocktor must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. All night actions directed at that player (Except for a kill) will fail.

Motivator: The Motivator must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. On the next night, that person will be able to use their night action twice.

Lawyer: The Lawyer must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. That person will either receive -1 voting power or +1 voting power, at the Lawyer's discretion.

Overloader: The Overloader must PM the GM the name of one player at the start of each night. Should that player be killed by the Serial Killer Absorber that night, the Serial Killer Absorber will not recieve a power that night

Copycat: The Copycat must PM the GM the names of two players at the start of each night. They will then use player 1's night action on player 2. The copycat only shows up as visiting player 2.

Neighboriser: The Neighboriser must PM the GM the name of one Role at the start of each night. A quicktopic will then be set up allowing the two players to communicate forthat night only. They may not hint at who they are.

Seance: The seance must PM the GM the name of one dead player, and may communicate with them that night. Their restrictions will be made known to them when they recieve their role.

Worditor: The Worditor starts with a list of word-ventions. Each night, the Worditor must PM the GM one of the words on the word-ventions list. Each word-vention has a specific effect associated with it, which is known to the Worditor. The word-vention will be triggered by the first player to say that word. The Worditor may also PM the GM the name of one player. The word-vention will then only have an effect if triggered by that player, but the associated effect will be stronger. The word-vention will malfunction if the Worditor uses blatant strategies to force specific people to trigger a word-vention (such as "Hey Steve! Say the word that's the opposite of live!")

Innocent Child: If the innocent child is in the game, everyone will be informed of who the innocent child is. The Serial Killer Absorber cannot have this role.
-Mathdino
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Aronis »

What about a normal tracker and a doublevoter?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 4, Aronis wrote:What about a normal tracker and a doublevoter?

Other suggestions: Commuter, Bus Driver, Treestump.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:10 am

Post by wgeurts »

also this isn't mafia, there isn't and informed minority
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 6, wgeurts wrote:also this isn't mafia, there isn't and informed minority

Well, there is. The mafia knows who all the town are, and also knows what roles are in the game.
If you're saying its not mafia because there's one anti town, what about Dethy?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 5, Aronis wrote:

Other suggestions: Commuter, Bus Driver, Treestump.

Those are good, but they might be OP in the hands of the Absorber. Commuters and Bus drivers would be quite overpowered for the Absorber. I'll add the Tracker, and DV, and possibly Treestump, though. Thanks!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3, istott wrote:Neighboriser: The Neighboriser must PM the GM the name of one Role at the start of each night. A quicktopic will then be set up allowing the two players to communicate forthat night only. They may not hint at who they are.

Any restrictions involving claiming makes for a bad role madness game.

The Worditor has similar problems; it has a very iffy definition of what's valid to do to get players to say words.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by eyestott »

I meant that in the quick topic, it's supposed to be anonymous. I guess I see where you're coming from, and I'll edit those rules out.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 7, eyestott wrote:
In post 6, wgeurts wrote:also this isn't mafia, there isn't and informed minority

Well, there is. The mafia knows who all the town are, and also knows what roles are in the game.
If you're saying its not mafia because there's one anti town, what about Dethy?

Dethy is a logic puzzle. It's not mafia.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 am

Post by eyestott »

Regardless, I plan on making this a multiple mafia game, which IS an informed minority.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:42 am

Post by ZZZX »

Is it bastard? if ti is i can help you come up with a countless number of roles ;)
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Mathdino »

You should include 1 VT just for shits and giggles.

Or Chocolate Townie.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 am

Post by ika »

make it a "named townie"
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 13, ZZZX wrote:Is it bastard? if ti is i can help you come up with a countless number of roles ;)

To some extent. What did you have in mind XD
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 14, Mathdino wrote:You should include 1 VT just for shits and giggles.

Or Chocolate Townie.

Wouldn't it suck for the person getting VT?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Chocolate Townie is a badass role, screw you.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:07 am

Post by eyestott »

What's chocolate townie?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:07 am

Post by eyestott »

Is there a strawberry townie?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 am

Post by ika »

chocolate townie is like VT just choclate named....
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by eyestott »

Oh. Okay?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”