Theme Help

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Theme Help

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by TriforceP »

Hey guys. I know that I'm far from active here (and this may actually be my first post... registering for this place did me some good, eh?), but I've decided to come by and ask for some help.
I'm considering running an Improbable game on another site, and need some help with the theme. It's a long while off, so I have plenty of time, but I'm just having a hard time with it. So, just throw out some random characters and roles (preferably, but not necessarily, together), and I'll see what clicks. And just so you all know, this will be the third game I mod, so you don't have to find easy ones.
Thanks in advance, and maybe I'll take the time to get some activity on here soon.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by eyestott »

Lokir from rorikstead (the prisoner who tries to run but gets shot from the start of skyrim): town, will die when jailed.
Green (the colour): town, will get a 1-shot poisoner abilility if all of his posts on that day have synonyms of green in them.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by TriforceP »

I'm iffy on Green, but I think I'll take Lokir.
Of course, then we need a jailor. Maybe Warden Norton (Shawshank Redemption). He has a 50/50 chance of converting jailed neutrals, but commits suicide if within one vote of a hammer. Sound good to you guys?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by eyestott »

By neutral, do you mean town or third party?
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by TriforceP »

Third party. I was thinking that he'd be town. But it could be interesting for that to be a cult leader-type role too.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by eyestott »

How big are you planning for the game to be? Because, third party roles generally dont constitute more than 10% of the group. If its only a 50% chance of converting, youd be lucky to get any conversions. Plus, probabilities generally arent a good idea.
Also, would it change them to a Vanilla town, or just change the wincon to removing the scum? So a serial killer would become a vigilante, and such?
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by TriforceP »

True... I was planning on it being a medium-to-large game (if I can get enough roles), but yeah. Maybe a good idea to stay out of probabilities. Maybe just make it so he does...?
And vanilla town. Don't wanna make those townies too overpowered.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by eyestott »

Okay. Thats good. If you switch them to VT, then you need to make it so their original roles wont give them information that is gamewinning for the town when they reveal it, such as a survivor who knows the identity of one scum from the get go, etc
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by TriforceP »

Yeah. Wasn't planning on giving thirds anything like that anyways.
Guess I'll throw any other ideas I have up here and see what sticks. Same is still open if anyone else wants to help. And thanks for the help so far, Stott.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by TriforceP »

Here's another one:
Signing Frued is a Post-Restricted Psychologist. He can reform any non-mafia killing role into a VT. Divots protect against him. He must make at least one reference to a phallic object every game day. Also, when he affects someone, he places a currently-undecided "wonder drug" *coughcocainecough* effect onto them. Ideas on role and effect?
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by TriforceP »

It may not actually be a good idea to have multiple "change to VT" roles though. Which should I keep, of either or both?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”