List Mod Responsiveness? (Split from Micro Queue)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I thought there has been more time between the List Mod posts but it is has 2-3 days. While it is acceptable, it is hugely suboptimal. Quadz, you really need to step it up dude. It feels like it is taking forever for you to announce filled games after they've been filled and while I understand that you are in a voluntary position and no one pays you to do anything, you signed up for this job and waiting three days after the game is filled to start signups just blows. Please do pay more attention to the thread that you have volunteered to moderate.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:11 pm

I mean a good Listmod will have games up and ready to go within hours of being filled at the latest. While technically people promise to check in 24-48 hours, you really should be checking mafiascum everytime you get a break or find some free time. It is the responsible thing to do.

Anyways, I'll probably just create an MD thread on it rather than post here.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Dude.

Seriously?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Flames682 »

In post 787, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:you really should be checking mafiascum everytime you get a break or find some free time. It is the responsible thing to do.

Are you kidding me
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Flames682 »

In post 786, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:and waiting three days after the game is filled to start signups just blows

It's been 1 day, 9 hours, and 29 minutes, not 3 days lmao.

Stop complaining.
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by The Bulge »

quadz updates the queue on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Also this is by far the fastest moving queue.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 pm

In post 788, Nobody Special wrote:Dude.

Seriously?

I
am
serious. I'll use my game as an example even though it is not that I'm complaining about any one specific game but activity levels of Listmods in general.

1) Signups were announced Monday December 29th at 6:02 AM as of
2) The game filled Tuesday December 30th at 8:38 PM as of
3) A player outed January 1st at 11:36 PM as of
4) Quadz checked back in on January 2nd at 8:44 AM which is (2 days, 3 nights after a game filled)
5) The game filled again a few hours after Quadz's post on January 2nd, 10:38 AM as of
6) It is now January 3rd past 8PM and there has been no list mod activity since.

Quadz has been plenty active on the site since then.

Between the game filling the first time i.e. between (2) and (4), Quadz has made 17 posts onsite.
Since the game filled for the second time, he's made two posts elsewhere.

Yes, people have lives outside mafiascum. I understand that. But where there is a will, there is a way. And if someone truly cares about expediency in running games, they will be able to MAKE time to see that it happens. I'm not asking him to refresh the Queue page every five minutes. I'm asking him to
want
to run the Micro queue, to have the passion for it.

In post 790, Flames682 wrote:Stop complaining.

Being dismissive is unhelpful. It is not you I was calling out.

In post 791, The Bulge wrote:quadz updates the queue on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Also this is by far the fastest moving queue.

Good to know. I disagree that it is a sufficient or appropriate level of activity for a listmod. I never implied Quadz is worse than any other Listmod.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

Quadz has explained somewhere when he updates the queue and why he doesn't do it immediately.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 787, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:create an MD thread on it rather than post here.

where is this MD thread?

I would like to show my support for quadz
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm

In post 793, Tammy wrote:Quadz has explained somewhere when he updates the queue and why he doesn't do it immediately.
In post 794, FakeGod wrote:
In post 787, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:create an MD thread on it rather than post here.

where is this MD thread?

Thank you for these very helpful posts. [/sarcasm] I'll create a thread when I want to, not for you to troll in. In any case, I'm not particularly interested in hearing your love for Quadz or even continuing to engage random people on this thread.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

It's okay. You're free to be a complete douche /not sarcasm...not troll.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

In any case, I was pointing out to you that quadz has addressed this very issue, it's up to you if you're inclined to actually look for the posts in question, not act like some super important douchebag.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Your response was unnecessary and pointless. I don't think you understand how you come across so maybe it was unintentional. Suffice to say that sometimes when you have nothing productive to say, it is better just to not say anything.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:05 pm

In post 797, Tammy wrote:In any case, I was pointing out to you that quadz has addressed this very issue, it's up to you if you're inclined to actually look for the posts in question, not act like some super important douchebag.

If you genuinely wanted to be helpful, you would have linked those posts.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 798, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Your response was unnecessary and pointless. I don't think you understand how you come across so maybe it was unintentional. Suffice to say that sometimes when you have nothing productive to say, it is better just to not say anything.

I'm sorry if me pointing out that quadz has addressed your concerns beforehand insulted you in some little way. Just so you know, your entire complaint was entirely pointless and nonproductive, but then most of what you say is, so I'll stop this.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 799, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 797, Tammy wrote:In any case, I was pointing out to you that quadz has addressed this very issue, it's up to you if you're inclined to actually look for the posts in question, not act like some super important douchebag.

If you genuinely wanted to be helpful, you would have linked those posts.

Whatever.

Continue being a douche.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:09 pm

@ Tammy, I don't know where you get off of pointless being condescending for no reason at all.

@ Other people, I'm just going to stop clogging the queue now. I asked Quadz to step up his activity because I felt it wasn't sufficient. I'm interested in hearing nobody else's opinion on this matter considering the quality of responses so far. Please don't engage me and let's not have this argument here. If you feel that you can have a productive discussion, PM me.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

yeahhhh, I bitched out quadz for something too, once

once

in b4 all this shit gets deleted
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 795, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 793, Tammy wrote:Quadz has explained somewhere when he updates the queue and why he doesn't do it immediately.
In post 794, FakeGod wrote:

where is this MD thread?

Thank you for these very helpful posts. [/sarcasm] I'll create a thread when I want to, not for you to troll in. In any case, I'm not particularly interested in hearing your love for Quadz or even continuing to engage random people on this thread.

I was simply let you know that quadz addressed this issue somewhere. (Quite frankly, I don't remember where, it might be in this thread, it might be elsewhere. I was just letting you know that quadz had addressed this. If it's important to you, I'm sure you could do a search to find out what it was.)

This was the response to me letting you know that quadz had addressed this somewhere, so you don't get to call me condescending, unhelpful, whatever.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:14 pm

In post 800, Tammy wrote:
In post 798, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Your response was unnecessary and pointless. I don't think you understand how you come across so maybe it was unintentional. Suffice to say that sometimes when you have nothing productive to say, it is better just to not say anything.

I'm sorry if me pointing out that quadz has addressed your concerns beforehand insulted you in some little way. Just so you know, your entire complaint was entirely pointless and nonproductive, but then most of what you say is, so I'll stop this.

I don't like your tone. I brought up a legitimate issue. If you wanted to productively discuss it, you would not have posted in the way that you have. You are being beyond insulting. I can't treat someone seriously if they claim that most of what I say is entirely pointless and unproductive.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 805, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I don't like your tone. I brought up a legitimate issue. If you wanted to productively discuss it, you would not have posted in the way that you have. You are being beyond insulting. I can't treat someone seriously if they claim that most of what I say is entirely pointless and unproductive.

I can't help it if you have something personal against me that makes you read a really neutral post the way you did. All I did was tell you that quadz had addressed your complaints somewhere.

I couldn't give a fuck if you don't like my tone in response to your tone to me.

The only thing I was saying was that quadz has addressed this very issue. If you are so inclined, you can search his response to when he updates his queue and why.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 805, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Understand you mean to bring up an issue. This should probably go to an MD forum as that is not the purpose of the queue, and this has gone way beyond a simple question. If you start a topic on MD, I'll contribute my opinion.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:24 pm

And I couldn't give a fuck whether or not you care. Your posts come across as arguing just to argue. Perhaps you enjoy insulting people for no reason at all, I don't know and I don't care. I could maybe think you misinterpreted my first post to you about the love of Quadz. I was talking to Fakegod, not you. I have nothing personal against you. I pointed out my issues with Quadz. I don't need you to come defend him and tell me my issue is nonsensical. You are not being helpful, you are being dismissive. A helpful post would maybe be actually engaging the issue in a thoughtful way, not spewing insults.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
In post 12, quadz08 wrote:I update the queue (about 95% of the time, I'll push it back or forward a day occasionally due to my commitments) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do this for a couple of reasons:
1- I'm about 400% more likely to remember to update the queue if I have a schedule for doing so. I tried the "update when things are full" method and I was not successful. Doing it every day is also not something I'm interested in.
2 - I do like to keep a bit of a queue in the thread. I appreciate the point made about "5 running games is better than 5 games in a queue," but I don't think that's actually correct, to be quite honest. There have been numerous occasions where a mod signs up, then either changes their setup or drops the game out of the queue entirely due to time restrictions they didn't take into account when they originally signed up. Having a list of upcoming games also allows players to better plan which games they actually want to play in (choice is good!). Finally, I don't want those extra 5 games running at the same time because that means more games will go into signups and then not fill. Right now, that occurs very rarely, and I'd like to keep it that way. (This is also part of why I'm leaving signups to two games at once.)

Yes, this does leave games sitting for a day or two at times. I don't personally think waiting for 2 days for your next game to start is a big deal, and if waiting for two days for something is a big deal, you're probably playing mafia on the wrong website, what with our 2-week deadlines and all.

In post 325, quadz08 wrote:yayyyyyyyyyyyy

Also, looks like the micro queue levels are dropping. I wonder how much of that is affected by my intentional bottlenecking of the queue. (I only update 3 times a week, which makes a max of 6 new Micros per week. If I were to update every day, for example, I fully expect that number would jump to at least 9 Micros per week.)

In post 327, quadz08 wrote:It was at first, and I suspect if I switched to "update queue every time a game fills" that we'd run out of mods within 2 weeks. At the moment, we keep a queue of about 5-8 games, which means you /in to mod and your game goes into signups about a week and a half later. I do it now partially to avoid draining the mod queue and partially to keep me sane. I like schedules.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

Return to “Mafia Discussion”