ITT, acquire the mafia statistics you desire

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

ITT, acquire the mafia statistics you desire

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

We've had a lot of raw data go into this debate and I think its time we finally cleared it up. When it comes to important playstyle choices, its important to understand exactly what drives them so I have taken the liberty of compiling a ton of raw data that I scraped off the site recently, for the benefit of the site.

I've spoilered the graphs of the data because I want everyone to try and understand the significance of it all before simply looking at it and moving on. Its important to understand why we see the trends that we do instead of just admiring them and not glistening anything from it all. Now, I could make some commentary on what *I* think it all means, but that would largely be speculation so I encourage discussion here about it.

This is just a raw count of it all, gathered from various games on site.
Spoiler:
I think its interesting to note that Hat votes are relatively low in consistency but have unusual spikes of activity where they shoot up at semi-regular intervals. Clearly there is a fairly large hat community that lurks and shows up to vote en masse when called to arms on occasion. If I had to guess, I'd guess that Bella is the ringleader of the underground Hat movement.

Eggs have been relatively unpopular until recently. I think Egg's recent announcement of his upcoming marriage has given some recent steam to Egg votes in the past couple polls.

Spoiler:
I've colored Egg in orange and Hat in blue. We've only ever seen 3 large upsets where one of two has swept a poll in a landslide of >70% of the votes. Two of these 3 have been Hat sweeps which is direct evidence of an underground Hat cult that shows their hand on rare occasions. I think we haven't seen the end of this yet, I would expect another Hat upset in very recent times. 3rd party poll options have made occasional appearances when everyone is upset with both the Egg and Hat parties, but they haven't been a serious contender and are essentially joke poll options as far as the state of mafiascum.net is concerned.

Spoiler:
What does it all mean?

It should come as no surprise at this point that Hat votes lead the polls when looking at all the combined data. It should also come as no surprise that AP still hasn't figured out how to appropriately label axes from Google Docs. I expect to see the Law of Averages dictate a more stable future split of Egg/Hat votes, but until that moment comes, we will have to look inside and stare into our own souls to understand this discrepancy.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Muffin »

mother fucking hats for the win
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

"Percentage concentration" is my favorite part.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

I'm a centrist, I vote for each one equally.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

AP, I love you.
#greenshirtthursdays
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

but wat does it mean?

And how does this relate to the celebrants of eggnogfasmas vs those that know it is just stupid mafiascum normativity.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”