Designated Driver (Open Flavor Discussion)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Designated Driver (Open Flavor Discussion)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ever since the days of the depression, mafia and alcohol have gone hand in hand. I said I would never run a Udrink or other related mafia drunk game in the main forums on this site. I've changed my mind and started work on a 9 player micro version of Designated Driver. I have not yet decided what roles will or will not be in the game. As the game is a semi open setup, I have only decided what roles 'could' be in the game. For the possible roles in the game, I have started working on appropriate alcohol related flavor. I don't believe myself to be the best flavor writer. This is where 'you' come in. I'm gonna post the flavor's I have written so far. You have the opportunity to suggest better alcohol related flavor for each role. No role posted here is guaranteed to be in the game so you posting flavor suggestions should not discredit you from playing in the game once I find time to run it. Here are the example roles I got so far:

The game is a kingmaker where the king or designated driver must take one player home from the bar each day

You are the
Bar Tender (Kingmaker).
During each night and at the start of the game, you need to select a designated driver. That player can't be yourself. That player is encouraged NOT to drunk post or claim drunken ignorance during that particular game day. They are also the only person that can vote or remove any other player from the bar that day. Select the drivers carefully or you could have a horrible accident on your hands. Hopefully you will be able to serve the patrons well, or you could loose your job. At the start of every game day all patrons/players can vote to fire the current bar tender and hire a new one via voting in thread. If the current bar tender dies during the night, then a new one must be hired the next day. The player that starts the game as the Bar Tender is guaranteed to be town. The same can not be said of all other patrons/players that take on this role. They might not serve you as well...

You are a
Mere Alcoholic (Peasant)
. You can't vote but maybe the bar tender will make you the designated driver for the day. You win when all threats to the town Pub are eliminated.

You are a member of the
Wait Staff (Vanilla Cop)
. You get tips off the various patrons at the bar and are allowed to card patrons should they look suspicious. But your powers are limited, you are only told your target is a mere alcoholic or not. Let me see some id before I serve you. You can't vote but maybe the bar tender will make you the designated driver for the day.
This role can be town or scum

You are the
Town Drunk (Hero)
. If the Designated Driver tries to take you home from the bar, he will be banned from the Establishment for being such a buzzkill. Seriously who does that guy think he is trying to take away the life of the party away? You can't vote but maybe the bar tender will make you the designated driver for the day. You win when all threats to the town Pub are eliminated.

You are an
Underage Patron (Godfather)
. How the hell did you get in? Seriously who made your id? Its so good it fools every member of the wait staff into thinking you are just another Mere Alcoholic. You win when your side occupies the majority of the bar, or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening. Good luck

The following roles have not yet had flavor written for them at all. Feel free to make an appropriate suggestion

You are an assassin (Goon). You can't vote but maybe you will be made king by the kingmaker. You win when your side occupies the majority of the bar, or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening. Good luck

You are a serial killer. Driven by a compulsion to kill you may chose 1 person each night to eliminate. You can't vote but maybe you will be made king by the kingmaker. That would be great for upping that bodycount. The first X nightkills attempted on you will fail. You win when you eliminate everyone from the game or nothing can done to prevent this from happening. (You also win in a tie with any other anti-town elements.)

You are a X-Shot Vigilante. X times during the night you may chose a player to kill. They will die immediately. You can't vote but maybe the kingmaker will make you king for a day. You win when you eliminate all threats to the town.

You are a X shot doctor. X times in the game you may chose to protect someone during the night. You can't vote but maybe the kingmaker will make you king for a day.
This role can be town or scum

Mafia, Serial killer and Vigilante kill flavor is the same. It will always say "player has been killed". X can be any number 1-infinite for the roles it applies to.

Tell me what you think
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 0, PokerFace wrote:You are an assassin (Mafia). You can't vote but maybe you will be made king by the kingmaker. You win when your side occupies the majority of the bar, or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening. Good luck

how about making it mafia trouble maker or smthing? :P
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Skybird »

For flavor, here's a couple of things I thought of.

Fighting Drunk: could be the vigilante if you wanted. As fighting drunk, the player must make reference to fighting 3 times each game day.
Flirty Drunk: could be the doctor. Player must flirt with X number of players each game day.
Crying Drunk: player must cry/act sad X number of times each game day.
Falling Down Drunk: this player stumbles around bumping into people. He could have an ability that if he bumped into a player during the day, he can roleblock that player the next night. He could also be a role cop and be able to choose from the players he bumped in to and find out their role.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like flirty and fighting drunk. But using them may require me to change the name of the hero role since its "Town Drunk"
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Skybird »

You could call the town drunk the life of the party drunk if you think that works better with the other two drunk names.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”