Texas Justice Alternatives

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Which one should PokerFace Mod

Wait Your Turn, Tex
No votes
Take Your Shot, Tex
75%
Get Your Own, Tex
No votes
Texas Injustice
25%

Total votes: 4

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Texas Justice Alternatives

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Texas Justice is a broken setup. Because of its brokeness Mr. Flay and Myself designed some alternatives to that game Texas Justice Alternatives

I have created this thread to allow any scummer the opportunity to poke holes in these setups. I have also created this thread to poll scummers on which one they think I should run in the non-marathon forums on this site. The game I run will be of micro size as I need to run one more micro on mafia scum in order to have the credentials to run any large or theme game on mafia scum in the future

Anyone that wants to read previous runnings of these games should go here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=16017
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... pree_Games

Let me know if any of these designs are flawed. Let me know which alternative sounds like a game you want to play. Let me know if you have an unbroken alternative of your own and feel free to add it to the wiki
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

only 1 person voted? I might not run any of these then. At least no one said any of these was not balanced

In texas outlaws if you give the player his shot back, they can always fire again so mafia has to keep blocking them future days. I've always found that aspect a bit dishearting. If you strip the user of their shot then you encourage them to hold fire. I feel thats the right call in this game type, but at the same time as no one, but only that player knows if they fired already or not, so the scum still kinda have to block that same player. As a result, I prefer that game the least and think it favors town most. And favoring town too much was why we wanted to fix the game in the first place

Mr. Flay's Wait, Your Turn Tex is likely the best designed MAFIA game as it most easily encourages/gaurantees waiting from the town's standpoint. And that encourages better scum play. Only problem with it, is fact it forces some players to wait

Take your shot does not encourage holding fire, it encourages choas! Players will enjoy it but it feels less like mafia and more like a killing spree

Get your own, I feel is best balance as it give people power to gambit and keep their shot equally. As a mod I enjoy emailing a player telling them they got their shot back but I imagine that frustrates any player that isn't gambiting
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”