Question about people you just played with for the 1st time

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Question about people you just played with for the 1st time

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Vampirate »

Do you silently
stalk
watch other people play other games while you have just finished your first game with them?

After your first or 2nd game with them does your curiosity get the best of you so you watch how they do in other games?
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Yes.i do that
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

yes. and if i enjoyed playing with them i might replace into some of those other games they’re in.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 0, Vampirate wrote:Do you silently
stalk
watch other people play other games while you have just finished your first game with them?

After your first or 2nd game with them does your curiosity get the best of you so you watch how they do in other games?

Somehow with these questions, you've taken something that I would consider to be quite normal behaviour and made it sound very creepy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 2, Plotinus wrote:yes. and if i enjoyed playing with them i might replace into some of those other games they’re in.
This. Mods too. It's a good way to find second and third games onsite.

(then you find out that good modding doesn't necessarily equal enjoyable to play with)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 4, Vi wrote:
In post 2, Plotinus wrote:yes. and if i enjoyed playing with them i might replace into some of those other games they’re in.
This. Mods too. It's a good way to find second and third games onsite.

(then you find out that good modding doesn't necessarily equal enjoyable to play with)

Vi the destroyer of all naive hopes and dreams.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:41 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 0, Vampirate wrote:Do you silently
stalk

Somehow with these questions, you've taken something that I would consider to be quite normal behaviour and made it sound very creepy.

fenny just has this way of putting things
whew!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Sometimes. I may get bored and look at what they are doing. About replacing in or joining a game with them, I remember joining Dark Side of the moon simply because I wanted to play with a town Thor665, who I wrongly read as scum in my first game on the site. Sadly, he turned out to be scum in Dark Side of the Moon. It sucks to join when you join and then you both are not the same alignment. It breaks my heart. First your heart is broken because you are grieving for them when they die wrongly as town, then to redeem yourself and offer a truce to create a bond of the heavens, you join with them to only be saddened even more to the point of depression by their scumbag backstabberry. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think I ever did it after, but o recall stalking while my first game was ongoing.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I was a
notorious
stalker back in the day. I mod-stalked iamausername and OhGodMyLife for their newbies, and there are certain players I still owe some payback for. (In particular, I'm still waiting for that day...which will come along SOME day...when Alduskkel has been around, playing a game, and suddenly needs a replacement. Been waiting nearly seven years for it...always a near-miss, never getting it...)

Pine, AngryPidgeon, zMuffinman, Nachomamma8, players like that. I'd actively track down their games to do battle with them, but that stopped...oh, somewhere around 2012 I think, for the most part. Mainly because I was in so dang many games that I couldn't keep the habit up. I had to stop reading, sad as that was, and let go. Nowadays, I find it easier to let people stalk me. Half the work, half the commitment, just as much fun times. (Works pretty well, too.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”