False Positives - Bastard or not?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well for the purposes of normal games the Vanilla Cop only does have a single definition, as does the godfather. Variants are actually being named to prevent confusion.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 25, Zachrulez wrote:Well for the purposes of normal games the Vanilla Cop only does have a single definition, as does the godfather. Variants are actually being named to prevent confusion.
Oh. Never mind then. I missed that part.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm more sure about the vanilla cop anyway. (Mostly because I have argued the 'variant' should actually be the original role.) The variant is called a neopolitan.

I've seen the nightkill variant of the godfather referred to as a mafia tough guy on the wiki. I'm not sure if that one is being actively enforced or used in the normal queue. I mostly find it odd the role has survived the normalcy definition while all other roles that lead to misleading info have been purged.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:34 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

The Wiki didn't seem very clear on whether it is common to name variants. The Normal guidelines were also at the bottom of the article (which made me overlook them). Would it not make more sense to make the Normal definition the primary definition on the Wiki and move the variations to a subsection at the bottom instead?
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well the primary definition does more or less match what's in the normal guideline section.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

OP reminded me of this game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9454

Everyone had a useless power but it took us a while to realize it. I was a nurse just waiting for the doc to die so I could take over and of course there was no doc. So it was effectively an all vanilla game. I thought it was fun.

Also, this Godfather discussion is REEEEEEALLY showing who has been around a while and who hasn't. The idea that Godfather makes the kill is an old one and I didn't know it was still around. I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong) that immunity to investigation and NKs were both added later.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 30, Kmd4390 wrote:OP reminded me of this game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9454

Everyone had a useless power but it took us a while to realize it. I was a nurse just waiting for the doc to die so I could take over and of course there was no doc. So it was effectively an all vanilla game. I thought it was fun.

Also, this Godfather discussion is REEEEEEALLY showing who has been around a while and who hasn't. The idea that Godfather makes the kill is an old one and I didn't know it was still around. I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong) that immunity to investigation and NKs were both added later.

That game, though. xD
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

As scum no
As town sort of

Return to “Mafia Discussion”