sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Newbie 1065 (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Welcome. Welcome to my fourth ever modding endeavor, a game which will test your wits and boggle the mind. Well, not really, because it's a newbie game setup, but still. Let's play (and mod) to the best of our abilities! Yes, I just copied this verbatim from my last newbie game's opening post. :D

It is now Day 3. The deadline for Day 3 is March 26, 2011 at 11:59 ET.

Day 1 Start | End of Day 1/Last Official Day 1 Vote Count

Day 2 Start | End of Day 2/Last Official Day 1 Vote Count

Those Still With Us (Alive):
  • TGGC
    lazt2know
    replaced by
    Klazam

Otolia
    replaced by
    Wizrak

Magnificate
    aaah400 (SE)
    Andrius (IC)
Those Who Have Passed (Dead):
  • TheJakalope,
    Mafia Roleblocker,
    Lynched Day 1.

KingTwelveSixteen,
    Vanilla Townie,
    shot Night 1.

silverbullet999 (SE),
    Vanilla Townie,
    Lynched Day 2.
SetupThis game uses the 9-player setup called F11, which consists of four possibilities:
  1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  3. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
Everything was chosen totally at random, from which of the four above setups was picked to the roles from each setup each player received.

/shame-less plug. If you're interested in some N64 LP action, visit http://www.youtube.com/fullgrowngaming.
Last edited by sorasgoof on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:41 am, edited 26 times in total.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:30 am

Post by sorasgoof »

1. Each day you may try to lynch somebody. A lynch requires a total number of votes that is more than half the people alive (e.g. if 9 people are alive, 5 votes are needed for a lynch). Unvoting or changing your vote after someone has already reached a majority number of votes will have no effect. Day phases will last three weeks. At the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched (regardless of whether or not they have a majority of the votes). If there is a tie at the deadline, a No Lynch will occur, so make all decisions wisely!

2. You may vote for a no lynch on any day. A no lynch requires that exactly half of the living players vote for it (e.g. if 8 people are alive, 4 votes are needed to no lynch). If an odd number of players are alive, a no lynch requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 5 players are alive, 3 votes are needed to no lynch).

3. Please bold your votes and unvotes as such
Vote: sorasgoof
. I would appreciate it if you include the name of any person you unvote, but it is not required. I would also prefer that you unvote before voting, but that is also not required.

4. There is no talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day. You may only talk to other people outside the thread at night if it is part of your role. This rule applies even if you are dead.

5. Do not use color or size tags to create barely readable secret messages. Anyone caught doing either one of these will receive a strike. Unlike baseball, it’s only two strikes and you’re out here.

6. Do not directly quote PMs from the mod. Do not falsely quote PM's from the mod. You are allowed to paraphrase a mod PM. You are allowed to quote or paraphrase anything a mod says in the thread.

7. Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "BAW!" post, but no game related content. Something like "It's obvious who should be lynched" or "You got me, but for the wrong reasons" is game related content, even if you don't include people's names.

8. Everyone may post during twilight EXCEPT for the person who was lynched that day.

9. Try to be relatively civil to each other. We know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother. Anyone who delves into the realm of flaming will receive a strike (obligatory reminder that two strikes and you’re out).

10. Just because I'm moderating this game doesn’t mean that I'm infallible. If you feel that a mistake was made, send a PM to me, explaining what is wrong. You may also address it in the thread like so:
@Mod: Vote totals are wrong.

11. I will try to have a vote count up every page or every twenty-four hours. If you feel that I have gone too long without putting up a vote count, please either ask for a vote count in thread or PM me to let me know. To ask for a vote count, please use this format:
@Mod: Vote totals, please.

12. Please let your fellow players and your mods know if you are going to be unable to post for a period of more than 48 hours. Please try to make at least one post per real-life day. Multiple posts in one day are even better.

13. If a person has gone 24 hours without posting in the thread, they are eligible for a user-requested prod, requested likeso: @Mod: Prod sorasgoof. Any user who goes over 48 hours without posting will be automatically prodded. Users who go 48 hours without responding to a prod will be replaced.

14. If you feel that this game is no longer fun, and is no longer something that you wish to be involved with, you may PM me asking to be replaced. All requests for replacement will be taken seriously, so do not jokingly send me a replacement request. If you are replaced, you are not allowed back into the game you have been dropped from, nor are you allowed to post in the game thread (until endgame).

15. Each game day will have last a maximum of 21 real days. If I feel the need to extend the deadline, I have the power to do so.

16. I reserve all other powers not explicitly stated here for use should the situation call for it.

17. Don't be afraid to ask questions about mafia via PM.

Note: In the event that a player receives two strikes, that player will be either force replaced or modkilled. We want to have fun here, people. Anyone that tries to ruin the game for everyone else does not deserve to be in the game any longer.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Possible Role PMs

Vanilla Townie
You are a
Vanilla Townie
, and you have no special powers at night. No investigations, no protection, nothing. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch mafia during the day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Please confirm via PM and send your role name with your confirmation so I know you read the PM.
Cop
You are a
Town Cop
, and you can tell good from bad. Each night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if they are a mafia member or a townie. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at night, and lynch well during the day.
You cannot investigate yourself.

Please confirm via PM and send your role name with your confirmation so I know you read the PM.
Doctor
You are a
Town Doctor
, and you can protect people from harm. Each nght, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the mafia, they will live. You win if the mafia is eliminated, so choose wisely at night, and try to lynch correctly during the day.
You may not protect yourself.

Mafia Goon
You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with your partner _________, who is a Mafia Roleblocker. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that there are equal numbers of town and mafia players or the mafia outnumbers the town; you win if either of these situations occur. During the day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner at night [QUICKTOPIC LINK HERE], and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Mafia Roleblocker
You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partner _________, who is a Mafia Goon. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that there are equal numbers of town and mafia players or the mafia outnumbers the town; you win if either of these situations occur. During the day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner at night [QUICKTOPIC LINK HERE], and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill. In addition, at night, you may choose one person and block them from using their ability. Doctors will not protect, and Cops will not receive an investigation. Use your power wisely.

Note: In the event that the Mafia Goon dies first, you have the ability to both kill and use your roleblocking ability.

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Role PMs are going out now. When 7/9 players have confirmed (please confirm via PM), Day 1 will start. All players with Quicktopics may converse until then.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

It is now Day 1. The deadline for Day 1 is March 12, 2011 at 11:59 ET.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Well, 9 people have confirmed, and one has already requested replacement. Continue on; it shouldn't take long to find a replacement for a game this short. :D
Fixari
Fixari
Townie
Fixari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Fixari »

...I have the feeling I'm the only one on right now. ^^; Yay?
Fixari, Jasen. A vampire OC used for various things. Yes, Twilight as well.
Twilight version sprited by SWSU-Master (on deviantArt), who also gets avatar creds.
---
Pineapple.
lazt2know
lazt2know
Townie
lazt2know
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by lazt2know »

Your feeling is incorrect.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

VOTE: fixari

We all know scum is the most excited to post first!
... People were right it seems....
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

silverbullet999 wrote:VOTE: fixari

We all know scum is the most excited to post first!
Can't argue with logic like that, VOTE: Fixari.
Fixari
Fixari
Townie
Fixari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Fixari »

O.o Actually, I waited a while to put that up. If I was excited, I would have posted it almost after she had unlocked the topic.

*goes to vote for self but is shot* >.< DAMN IT!

VOTE: Jackelope

No avatar? Suspicious! *shot again*
Twilight version sprited by SWSU-Master (on deviantArt), who also gets avatar creds.
---
Pineapple.
Fixari
Fixari
Townie
Fixari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Fixari »

*Actually that she was a guess. I'm not exactly sure which gender our mod is.
---
Pineapple.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

Really, my name is right to the side of my post. You can't spell it right? There's not even an avatar to get in the way of my easy to spell name. :D
Fixari
Fixari
Townie
Fixari
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Fixari »

It's recognisable...Recognizable... =/ Those words with 'Z's and 'S's always confuse me.
---
Pineapple.
lazt2know
lazt2know
Townie
lazt2know
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by lazt2know »

Vote Jackalope
just because I always wanted to hunt a Jacalope.
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

Ok, now people are spelling it wrong on purpose. You spelled it wrong twice. And it was a different spelling each time. Hahahaha
lazt2know
lazt2know
Townie
lazt2know
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by lazt2know »

actually that really wasn't intentional, i'll try to pay better attention.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

For the record, I'm a guy. :D

Otolia has been replaced by Wizrak. Everyone's in the game! Have fun.
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by aaah400 »

Hello guys/girls lets have a good game
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.
The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by aaah400 »

Vote:Jakalope
for not having avatar :P
wizrak
wizrak
Goon
wizrak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by wizrak »

Well since its a random vote stage and the first ID I saw was Fixary, might as well as just vote him
VOTE: Fixary
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Wait wait wait... aaah? in 2 of my games!?

oh thee joy!

VOTE: aaah

>:D
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Interestingly wiz brought fixary to L-2

*writes this down in his handy dandy notebook*
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by aaah400 »

silverbullet999 wrote:Wait wait wait... aaah? in 2 of my games!?

oh thee joy!

VOTE: aaah

>:D
LOL! Hi silver bullet :P
silverbullet999 wrote:Interestingly wiz brought fixary to L-2

*writes this down in his handy dandy notebook*
Lol? Blues Clues?
TGGC
TGGC
Goon
TGGC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by TGGC »

It is not completly random, we know the players experience. I vote for semi experienced.
Vote: aaah
scum-town ratio calculator - not playing until Evoke is over

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”