Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

Fakinha, why is white your favorite color? You realize that mafias typically are portrayed as wearing white button-down shirts, correct?

I would like to note to everyone that my color test has only failed me once. So you all should be very careful with how you answer it!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the First

LyingBrian (1): sorgster
duckhunter4242 (2): Zemelo-Franko, DaLetterEl
Painkiller (1): Shinki
Shinki (1): Fakinha
Not Voting (4): Painkiller, Duckhunter4242, tim_hill1990, LyingBrian

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, October 23.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 21, DaLetterEl wrote:I must say that that was the most dry pregame I have ever been to during my entire time in college.

Anyway hi peoples!!!!!!

So I read a little bit of games before, and usually it seems that someone asks a series of random questions to get people talking? Forgive me if i am doing this too soon, if you
really
want to get a random vote out there.

1. U MAF?????
2. ASL?????? (honestly, location is probably the only important thing so that we can sort of have an idea of when people will post, but I'd like to get to know who I'm playing with, too. Maybe we can become friends!)
3. What is your first language?
4. What is your previous mafia experience?
5a. How would you describe your mafia play style? Do you like making long posts or short ones? Do you consider yourself aggressive or passive? Stuff like that.
5b. Barring knowing about a typical play-style, what kind of personality are you? Saying your myers-briggs or something could be cool, iunno.
6. What is your favorite color?
7. If you had to make a semi-random pick for who would be lynched today simply from their username, who would it be?
8. Favorite Sport, and favorite team in said sport? If you dislike sports, then...um...what is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
9. What is something cool about yourself that the above questions did not address?

1.maf?
2.Age-between one and 1000. Gender-either male or female. Location-EST earth
3.I'm using english right now
4.I've played a few games on this website and some offsite before.
5a.I make short posts. I tend to defend myself a lot.
5b.Don't have one
6.Blue
7.DaLetterEl
8.Soccer-Barcalona
9.Not saying.

Not voting is at l-1 guys. This isn't good.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by DaLetterEl »

You're no fun :(

But why is blue your favorite color? You do realize that when a mafia chokes someone out, their face turns blue, correct?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Shinki »

1. Nope. :wink:
2. 19/F/Secret.
4. I played some games in another forum, but here it's a totally different level.
5a. Haha, I'm not sure, gotta get used to the games here before choosing how my play-style will be. Short ones I guess, at least for now. Not passive.
5b. I'd say [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTP_(personality_type)]ISTP[/url].
6. Purple.
7. Painkiller. All killers must die :/
8. I'm not into sports... In my spare time I usually just relax from college, going out or doing stuff on my pc.
9. That I'm Aquarius. And being aquarius is really cool, imo.

Btw, DaLetterEl (Can we call you DLE or some other abbreviation?), could you tell us about your favorite color red too? After all, red is the color of blood !
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 29, Shinki wrote:1. Nope. :wink:
2. 19/F/Secret.
4. I played some games in another forum, but here it's a totally different level.
5a. Haha, I'm not sure, gotta get used to the games here before choosing how my play-style will be. Short ones I guess, at least for now. Not passive.
5b. I'd say ISTP.
6. Purple.
7. Painkiller. All killers must die :/
8. I'm not into sports... In my spare time I usually just relax from college, going out or doing stuff on my pc.
9. That I'm Aquarius. And being aquarius is really cool, imo.

Btw, DaLetterEl (Can we call you DLE or some other abbreviation?), could you tell us about your favorite color red too? After all, red is the color of blood !

fix'd
tim_hill1990
tim_hill1990
Goon
tim_hill1990
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by tim_hill1990 »

DaLetterEl wrote:1. U MAF?????
2. ASL?????? (honestly, location is probably the only important thing so that we can sort of have an idea of when people will post, but I'd like to get to know who I'm playing with, too. Maybe we can become friends!)
3. What is your first language?
4. What is your previous mafia experience?
5a. How would you describe your mafia play style? Do you like making long posts or short ones? Do you consider yourself aggressive or passive? Stuff like that.
5b. Barring knowing about a typical play-style, what kind of personality are you? Saying your myers-briggs or something could be cool, iunno.
6. What is your favorite color?
7. If you had to make a semi-random pick for who would be lynched today simply from their username, who would it be?
8. Favorite Sport, and favorite team in said sport? If you dislike sports, then...um...what is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
9. What is something cool about yourself that the above questions did not address?

1. No
2. NZST
3. Anglais
4. A handful of newb games prob about 5-6
5a. Depends how much time i've got and how much is going on in the game, usually a waller if I have time
5b. Happy
6. Red
7. Da letter E, because awesome name is awesome
8. Rugby union> Go the All Blacks!
9. I'm a kiwi, that's bad ass

Also VOTE: Da letter E for the rationale, see above
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Fakinha »

In post 25, DaLetterEl wrote:Fakinha, why is white your favorite color? You realize that mafias typically are portrayed as wearing white button-down shirts, correct?

I would like to note to everyone that my color test has only failed me once. So you all should be very careful with how you answer it!

White is peace, red is blood. I see a scum trying to manipulate information.
UNVOTE: Shinki
VOTE: Letter
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Shinki »

Not really for manipulating.. I would vote him for trying to see who's worth killing in the night based on our answers and personalities.
Zemelo-Franko
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Zemelo-Franko »

In post 21, DaLetterEl wrote:
quiz

1. Nope
2. UK
3. English.
4. Played some real-time games, but this is the first forum-based one for me.
5a. I try to make every post count.
5b. I don't put much credence in 'personality types', especially not anything deriving from Jung theores.
6. Orange.
7. I've already made my fully-random pick.
8. Football and West Ham.
9. I am a less famous set of set axioms than the celebrated Zermelo-Frankel axioms. Due to a series of poorly-thought-out decisions and typos in the manuscript, determining if an object is an element of a set is an undecidable problem.

--

In post 32, Fakinha wrote:
In post 25, DaLetterEl wrote:Fakinha, why is white your favorite color? You realize that mafias typically are portrayed as wearing white button-down shirts, correct?

Unvote: Shinki
Vote: Letter

Voting based on colour picks is flimsy, but it's better than random voting at least. I think DaLetterEl is just enthusiastic to root out the scum, which is laudable. I'd much rather look at posting and voting patterns, but since we're only 24 hours in to the game there's not much information to go on yet; further, lynching the foremost scumhunter seems like a just plain bad idea.
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

1. NOPE
2.19/m/ia
3. English
4. Played on yu gi oh forums (stop judging me)
5a. Bond. James Bond.
5b. Bond. James Bond.
6. Orange
7. Dat Letter
8. Football and Packers
9.I have been to 5 continents
League of Legends Professional- add me Bubba Larson
CoD Professional XBL- gamertag xMrBigHossx
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:35 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

Vote: Zemelo

no one likes herps
Zemelo-Franko
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Zemelo-Franko »

Having eaten some dinner, this post sticks out more and more. Going on the defensive at a slight prod, and then voting for the questioner? That smells of over-reaction and panic, of scum trying to keep all suspicion off themselves.

UNVOTE: duckhunter4242
VOTE: Fakinha
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:46 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

In post 37, Zemelo-Franko wrote:

Having eaten some dinner, this post sticks out more and more. Going on the defensive at a slight prod, and then voting for the questioner? That smells of over-reaction and panic, of scum trying to keep all suspicion off themselves.

UNVOTE: duckhunter4242
VOTE: Fakinha

I was thinking the exact same thing after looking at the thread longer
Unvote
Vote Fakinha
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:10 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote
Vote DuckHunter

Sheeping mainly. Also I find it strange that a question about someone's favourite colour is helping someone find scum.

2 more questions
How would you play as town?
How would you play as scum?
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:25 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

Town- Bond
Scum- James Bond
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

@Shinki If I were to answer my own question, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using it to develop tells? I think that using the uncertainty of how to "correctly" answer the question is more important than my answer to the question, especially considering I am the one who proposed the question in the first place. What purpose does it serve for me to answer the question to my very own test? I've already set the rules to that game, so my answer should be meaningless to you, not to mention that my answer to said question would obviously fit under something that I consider to be a "pro-town" answer due to it being my test. Why are you so curious as to how I answer the question? Are you afraid that you will answer my question "incorrectly" and want a model answer to copy? Perhaps you are afraid of the knowledge that Barney the Dinosaur killed my innocent childhood in a similar fashion to the mafia killing innocent civilians? Why is it that you like the color purple?

@tim_hill1990 Why is red your favorite color? I am sure you realize that red is the color most commonly associated with mafia. Also thanks for saying my name was cool, and then proceeding to get my name wrong D: However, I'm not sure if I should be thankful for that seeming compliment, upset at getting my name wrong, or perhaps there is something more malicious...perhaps you are trying to suck up to me?

@Zemelo-Franko While I would love to get into a debate over the merit of Jungian theories, I merely used it as a popularly used framework for people to refer to to summarize how some model may predict how they act, and to possibly develop some tells when a person seems to veer in a very significant way from how they act. In addition, I thought it would be interesting to get to know some people. And while personal experience may mean nothing, I do find it largely true to my own personal experiences. Anyway, this is neither the time nor place to debate the merit of Myers-Briggs.

Why is orange your favorite color? I am sure that you realize that hardly anything rhymes with orange, just as hardly anything rhymes with mafia.

@duckhunter4242 Why are you so quick to jump on the Fakinha wagon? Do you not trust my color test? I have only just begin said test. Are you afraid of the test and trying to push a lynch before I can complete it? In addition, you seem to sheep behind what Zemelo-Franko has to say, not only in terms of a vote, but also in terms of your favorite color. Do you enjoy following Zemelo-Franko? Perhaps you follow him because you know he is town? Or perhaps you follow him because you trust your mafia partner's judgment? Why do you like the color orange?

@Fakinha Why are you being so defensive about what your favorite color is? If people were truly mafia by what color they liked, by your logic, I would be mafia every game, as would tim hill, which would be quite silly! I am going to assume that white is your favorite color simply because "white = peace and i like peace." Is this a fair assumption? And as others have mentioned, why do you seem so afraid of my color test? Do you know that I am town and are afraid that there may be some merit to my test? Why are you so afraid of a little bit of poking and prodding?
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

Oh also, my posting is going to be a little bit limited for a couple days, since last night I dropped my laptop and broke my laptop charger, so I'm going to need to get that fixed or replaced at Best Buy, which is pretty far from campus. Luckily, I do have a back-up laptop, but that one is hilariously busted up, so it won't be TOO limited, but I won't be surfing the net for 6-9 hours a day as I usually do.

Just a heads-up.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 am

Post by LyingBrian »

vote: DaLetterEl

DaLetterEl, i am curious about one thing. what is your favorite color? i would like to know so i can use it make a soft claim that you are mafia. my time online for pleasure is somewhat limited, so forgive me, but i'm not going to complete your little quiz. the only important thing that it will reveal is that i am town. Surprising, huh?

FOS: duckhunter4242

for post #38. early jump on a bandwagon w/o any real input. i personally don't see Fakinha's response as that defensive, just calling out a flawed system for finding mafia.
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Fakinha »

I like peace and peacefull things but that's not why white is my favourite color. I just like thing that makes me feel relaxed like white or the light blue, lol. But red is violence and... ok, why are we arguing abou colors again?
We are still on RVS, so whatever, just be carefull so no one gets on L-1 too early.

@sorgsters
Town - Lynch scums
Scum - Kill townies

Rather complex, I'd say.
Painkiller
Painkiller
Townie
Painkiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Painkiller »

1.Townie.
2. M/17/São Paulo, Brazil. (GMT-3)
3. PT-BR
4. Same as Fakinha...But I'm a newbie, only played twice.
5a. Short posts, I guess...
5b. I'm a INFP person...So I try to conciliate logic with intuiton.
6. Blue.
7. Duckhunter4242.
8. Volleyball...But I don't do sports, I read mangas and listen to music.
9. ?

Seems you are taking the color test a bit too far. lol
Zemelo-Franko
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Zemelo-Franko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Zemelo-Franko »

In post 39, sorgster wrote:
Unvote
Vote DuckHunter

Sheeping mainly. Also I find it strange that a question about someone's favourite colour is helping someone find scum.

2 more questions
How would you play as town?
How would you play as scum?

Oh god, more questions. As town, scum have to be identified (positively or negatively) and lynched. As scum, the town's identification must be frustrated and misled. All we can do is hope the power roles do their job and the scum do scummy things and get noticed and lynched.

--

In post 41, DaLetterEl wrote:Why is orange your favorite color? I am sure that you realize that hardly anything rhymes with orange, just as hardly anything rhymes with mafia.

Don't laugh at me: when I was little, I decided to make the ultimate colour by mixing up a lot of play-dough (because many colours together are better than one, right?). It came out a lovely orangey-brown, which I then took as my emblematic colour.

--

In post 44, Fakinha wrote:I like peace and peacefull things but that's not why white is my favourite color. I just like thing that makes me feel relaxed like white or the light blue, lol. But red is violence and... ok, why are we arguing abou colors again?
We are still on RVS, so whatever, just be carefull so no one gets on L-1 too early.

@sorgsters
Town - Lynch scums
Scum - Kill townies

Rather complex, I'd say.

Is your vote for DaLetterEl random? If it is, why did you random vote twice? If not, we're long out of RVS. (My vote is definitely non-arbitrary.) Can you explain why a simple, silly question made you change your vote to the player who took up the mantle of scumhunting? Do you think he's scum? If not, why did you vote for him?
duckhunter4242
duckhunter4242
Townie
duckhunter4242
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 am

Post by duckhunter4242 »

my room is orange, so yes its my favorite color
Fakinha
Fakinha
Townie
Fakinha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Fakinha »

Y u so fixed on 2nd page votes, Zemelo?
DaLetterEl
DaLetterEl
Townie
DaLetterEl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post by DaLetterEl »

==lyingbrian - I already answered that my favorite color is red, and already explained why my answering said question is stupid in my response to shinki; I have already set the terms of said test, so my answering it makes little sense, especially when it may foster people trying to answer the question in a way that seems to copy my answer. However, if you and or others give me a good reason to consider saying why red is my favorite color, I will do so, but I simply don't see the point. As my chemistry teacher once said to me after i asked him how hard his test would be, 'It is pretty easy. after all, I got an A on it.'

I also find it curious that you think that I am finding scum based on what color someone chooses. I have already pointed out that such a system of logic is stupid, so I think that we are two ships passing in the night here. That is quite clearly not the purpose of the color test. 'Orange = scum,' or 'Blue = town' would be a pretty terrible test. I am willing to excuse your current vote as merely glossing over this thread due to being busy, but I fail to see how asking questions like that is necessarily deserving of a vote.

Luckily, the only directly functional question that I asked was the question about time zones and first language, both of which are answered in your location to a large extent, since sometimes arguments can be over just a misunderstanding in what someone is saying, and it's also useful to know around when most people here are posting, so that people with no life like me know when to possibly come in and check the thread and expect to see a certain person post. Most of the others were there just to get to know people, since IMO it's more fun to play against people that you have some sort of knowledge of, instead of them being just some robots on the internet who occasionally post things to analyze and such. Besides, when else this game are we ever going to get to know who we are playing against? I respect and understand being busy, though, but it's no excuse to hide from the power that is the color test. I still would like to know: what your favorite color is and why it is your favorite color?

Also, you seem a bit defensive of fakinha. What in particular of fakinha's post do you agree with in terms to my color test?

ps the soft-claim thing you allude to, if i am interpreting that correctly, seems to be taking a jab at my questions after the color test. the little 'barney is purple and killed my innocence' thing is just me having fun, if that wasn't painfully obvious. it's just what i've always done with the color test; call it tradition.

finally, as an ic, what information that isn't present in a beginner guide would you find particularly useful to us?

==fakinha - see; it wasn't so painful to say what your favorite color was. thank you for answering =]. i would like more people to answer my questions, whether they are the initial ones or my extrapolation on the color question!

in addition, what was it that i did that prompted a vote from you? was it simply the fact that i like the color red?

==sorgster - i would try to play as similarly as humanly possible in terms of posting habits regardless of my alignment, since i'm pretty sure that that's how you're supposed to play. you play to win, regardless of being town or scum. so as scum, you have an incentive to survive, similar to the town one. and as town, the way that is most visible is to directly to find and lynch the scum and to keep yourself from being lynched, as you are usually the only person you know is town. as such, to win as scum, it stands to reason that you would have to at least attempt to try to find and lynch scum, so as not to be lynched yourself. as such, my play as town vs my play as scum should be as similar as possible, since if i were scum and i were to survive by lynching the scummy people who aren't me, then i win, and as town, if i lynch the scummy people who aren't me and/or i have outside reasons to suspect are mafia via some role, then i have the best chance of winning.

you also have not answered my question on why your favorite color was whatever it was. iirc it was blue. why are you so hesitant to answer my question? i am certain you must have seen the question, as i've been asking everyone the same question.

==Painkiller - oh, i haven't taken it too far. i'm just getting started =o. why is blue your favorite color? did you know that the word "blue" can be found in the word "bludgeon," which is something that a mafia might do?

==Zemelo and duckhunter - thank you for answering =]

And i forgot to answer this before:

==Shinki - Calling me DLE is perfectly acceptable! I have been referred to as anything from any of DLE, TLT (The Letter The), Dale, El, and L. I honestly don't care what you call me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”