Newbie 1686 ~ Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Newbie 1686 ~ Endgame

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:00 am

Post by KittyMo »

Backup Mod: Cheery Dog

Player list

Ice³ **
BlueTrin
species *

Nahdia
Bitten10minutesago
KainTepes *
Clumsy
PhantomCobalt (SE) ***
Dwlee99 (SE) *
Drixx (IC)

* = prod

Spoiler: Alive
Nahdia, Mafia Goon, Won
Drixx, Mafia Goon, Won

Spoiler: Dead
PhantomCobalt, Vanilla Townie, was Lynched Day 1
Bitten10minutesago, Vanilla Townie, was Killed Night 1
BlueTrin, Vanilla Townie, was Lynched Day 2
Clumsy, Town Jailkeeper, was Killed Night 2
Ice³, Vanilla Townie, was Lynched Day 3
KainTepes, Vanilla Townie, was Endgamed Day 3
Dwlee99, Vanilla Townie, was Endgamed Day 3

Game Links

Rules | Setup Info | Confirmation | Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch
Last edited by KittyMo on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

[Adapted from N, Vel-Rahn Koon, Zaicon & Zorblag]

Adhere to the site-wide rules as well as the following rules.
If you are ever unsure if something is against the rules, please ask beforehand.

General Gameplay Rules
  1. You may not quote Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. The only places outside of this thread you are permitted to talk about this game are in Mod-provided private topics and private messages to the Mod. Note that the mafia team may privately communicate with one another during both the Day and Night phases.
  3. Once your death scene has been posted by the Mod you may no longer post. The dead in this game are silent.
  4. Do not make posts that look like mod communication.
    Indigo
    is reserved for the Mod.
  5. Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode. Spoiler tags are fine.
  6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.

Game Timeline & Activity Rules
  1. Game Days will last at most two weeks. An extension may be granted if a replacement is required within the last 72 hours of a game day.
  2. Game Nights will last 48 hours.
  3. If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  4. If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post or risks replacement.
  5. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a V/LA notice in the thread in advance.

Lynching & Voting Rules
  1. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    or VOTE: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
  2. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  3. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur.
  4. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  5. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch. No Lynch will also occur if no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline.

Etiquette Guidelines
  1. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  2. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  3. Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
  4. Always play to your win condition.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 am

Post by KittyMo »

This game uses the semi-open Matrix6 setup, created by Cogito Ergo Scum. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Spoiler: In Other Words
[Setup A]
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 1 Town One-Shot Bulletproof, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup B]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
[Setup C]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 1]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 2]
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 3]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town One-Shot Bulletproof, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies

Please note:

• The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Cop

Abilities

• During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [
    Mafia
    /
    Town
    ].
    If you did not successfully investigate someone because you were roleblocked, you will receive
    No Result

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Doctor

Abilities

• During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities

• During the Night, you may place one player in jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You will not be informed as to the result of your ability. You may not target yourself.

Win Condition

You are a
Town Tracker

Abilities

• During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You tracked [target] to [their target]'s house
    , or
    [Target] stayed home.

Win Condition

You are a
Town One-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities

• You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

You are a
Mafia Goon
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker
.)

Abilities

• You may talk to your partner during both the Day and the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon
.)

Abilities

• Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • You may talk to your partner during both the Day and the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:25 am

Post by KittyMo »

Role PMs have been sent out in the order of the playerlist. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to the Role PM with your role name. Once at least 8 out of 9 players have confirmed, the game will start and the thread will be unlocked. I'll send out a game start PM.

While you can always find the link to the game thread from your Role PM or from the Road to Rome subforum, you may want to use the Bookmark topic feature (scroll to the bottom of the page) so that you can access the thread from your Bookmarks (the link below the Logout button.) You may also bookmark private topics, if applicable.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

8 players have /confirmed, so let's get started. I will allow Bitten10minutesago 36 hours to confirm from when Role PMs were sent out before I start a replacement search.

[9] Not Voting ~ Bitten10minutesago, Clumsy, Drixx, Dwlee99, Ice³, KainTepes, Nahdia, PhantomCobalt, species

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-03-05 19:30:00).

"plz don't swear" -- N
Ice³
Ice³
Townie
Ice³
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Ice³ »

VOTE: Clumsy
for being clumsy
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

VOTE: Ice

Don't vote my scumbuddy
Speed don't lie.
CC
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Hello all!

VOTE: Kain

Kain was a lame wrestler.

P-edit: PC! Already man? Jeez
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Vote: Nahdia

Am I doing this right?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

VOTE: Nahdia - You're supposed to randomly vote for someone else. Are new to the game?

IC Introduction:
Hello everyone. My name is Drixx and I am your IC for this game. IC is a bit of humor, standing for Inexperience Challenged. The IC is a volunteer position served by experienced players who wish to help newer folks have an enjoyable experience in their first games, and to help teach some of the basics of the game and answer any questions of mafia game theory which may arise. There are also SE players in the game, which means that they have played a certain number of games including at least one outside of the Road to Rome. SEs are not obligated to answer questions, nor are they obligated to answer honestly should they choose to answer any questions.

The IC position is not at all indicative of role or alignment, so anything I say using this color should not be used to judge my alignment. This also means that you can trust me to always be honest with you concerning questions of mafia theory, as I understand it, when I speak in this color as the game's IC. Some areas of theory are always evolving or have several viewpoints, and while I will do my best to be thorough, I also will try not to leave you with novels to read. If there are differing views, I will explain the ones I am familiar with and which particular part I agree with.

Please be aware that while I shall not lie to you in my role as IC, you should consider me just as likely as any other player in the game to be on the scum team. The roles are assigned randomly. This also means that while I will always be honest and helpful with my posts and answers about the game, you should be careful as sometimes an honest answer can be very misleading. Mafia is a game with many facets, and deception is one of the most valuable; especially for the scum team. As the game's IC, I have a private topic where I can post thoughts about the game as it progresses, and should there be any time where I choose to play differently than I would otherwise play, because I am the game's IC, I will make a note of it there so you can see after the game.

As a start: Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player. As the days move onward, the number of votes required lessens and placing a vote is something you will want to think about carefully. You can always state that you suspect someone. Generally this is done by using the acronym FoS, which means "Finger of Suspicion". If you place a vote that puts someone one vote away from being lynched, it is generally considered good form to put a bold warning that the player is at L-1 (Locking Votes minus 1). If a player is already at L-1, generally you should state an intent to vote and allow them time to give a final defense, reads, or make a claim.

Finally, there is plenty of time in each day phase, so be sure to discuss things with the rest of the players, ask questions, respond to questions from others, and check back in as often as you have the time. An active game is a great deal more fun than an inactive one.

Please do remember to keep things civil. A little humor never hurts, so long as it isn't in the form of a personal attack against other players. Mafia is a game that can sometimes inspire emotion, and if you get frustrated with another player, remember to attack the play and not the player. That's about it for my introductory post. If you have any questions for me, please bold them and put them on a new line starting with @Drixx or @IC to make sure that I see them, and I'll do my very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

I work as a professor in real life, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like; I really don't mind answering them.

Let's have a great game guys!
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by KainTepes »

VOTE: DRIXX

GET THE EVIL
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 am

Post by KainTepes »

I thought IC stand for Innocent Child, how come it means two things?????

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 am

Post by KainTepes »

Why are people so quiet?????

species
species
Goon
species
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:00 am

Post by species »

Why are
you
so
loud
??

VOTE: KainTepes because it's weekend and some people are trying to sleep late.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 9, Drixx wrote:VOTE: Nahdia - You're supposed to randomly vote for someone else. Are new to the game?
Dang dude I screwed up already? Thank you kind IC.
VOTE: KainTepes
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Nahdia »

Oh and no I'm not entirely new to the game. Very inexperienced in forum mafia in particular but I know the mechanics and such.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:20 am

Post by KainTepes »

Nadhia is bad, there is no need to post a picture of a number generator, what are you trying to prove by doing that,, looks scummy to me,,

VOTE: Nahdia

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Phantom
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:50 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

RNG = scum tell

VOTE: rahdia
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

VOTE: nahdia
Speed don't lie.
CC
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Since when is it a scum tell?
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:13 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 20, Dwlee99 wrote:Since when is it a scum tell?

ive been using it as a tell since 2012
Speed don't lie.
CC
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 21, PhantomCobalt wrote:

Seems legit
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:16 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 22, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 21, PhantomCobalt wrote:

Seems legit

you're a SE. can you start playing the game please?
Speed don't lie.
CC
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:18 am