Newbie 705 - Oh God, My Newbies! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Newbie 705 - Oh God, My Newbies! (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:56 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Welcome to your little corner of the universe, where the mafia have invaded this small town. Its up to you to stop them, before you're all so much dead meat!

Alive: (bold is confirmed)
Santos
replaced ThaCoolness D2, who replaced BSG D2, who replaced mrfixij N1, who replaced dreambri23 D1
Spolium
replaced Mango D1
Fenchurch
replaced LifeStandsStill D1
Signal
replaced mr. chompy! D1
The World No.1 Noob

My Milked Eek
replaced JordanA24 D1
Rishi

Dead:
Slicey
replaced fleurdelys D1 -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day One

Hoopla
replaced gtosdad D1 -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night One

Game Over! See Post 461 for the results!

Setup:

This game uses the 9-player setup called F11, which consists of four possibilities:
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

One of these was chosen totally at random, as were all role assignments.

Roles are going out now. Please confirm in thread when you have recieved and read your role!
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:42 am, edited 22 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Here are the role PMs used in this game:

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
OR
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
Even though many games start with Night, Newbie Games begin with Day once everyone has confirmed that they understand their role. Scum are allowed to talk by PM in the pre-game stage, but no other "night actions" may be taken.

Rules (Stolen from Mr. Flay and slightly edited):
  • Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:
    Vote: OhGodMyLife
    . Unvotes should also be bolded (
    Unvote: OGML
    ) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required. Votes may specify a full username, or a shortened version, so long as its reasonably clear who is intended.
  • A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a lynch and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered.
  • Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
  • Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over.
  • Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
  • Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
  • If you see something you don't understand,
    ASK!
    Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
  • Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends),
    let us know
    . I will replace severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
  • Any action which would be illegal to
    actually do
    is also illegal to
    fake
    (for example, posting a
    made-up
    PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
  • Robust cryptographyand steganography are not allowed in my games.
  • Have fun; don't be an ass;
    participate
    !
LifeStandsStill
LifeStandsStill
Townie
LifeStandsStill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:45 am

Post by LifeStandsStill »

/confirm
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:11 am

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

/confirm Hi guys, my second time play, though my first time was like 6 months ago
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
dreambri23
dreambri23
Townie
dreambri23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 am

Post by dreambri23 »

/confirm
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:56 am

Post by fleurdelys »

/confirm
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

I am posting to confirm my role! Hopefully this will be a good and exciting game. I have never played Mafia before so I am already very excited!
Chomp Chomp!!!
I'm Chompy the dinosaur! If you want to eat lettuce with me, all you have to do is ask and I will share some of my lettuce with you! I also love Sonic the Hedgehog, did you know that there were over 1.78 million differen
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

Just a question to the moderator. Are we supposed to roleplay our roles in the thread? I have never played Mafia before but I play a lot of Live Action Role Playing Games (LARPG for short-hand) and I was wondering if Mafia here worked the same way. I could not find anything on the Mafia Scum Wiki website about role playing but I just want to make sure before we start the game. I really do not want to do anything wrong! Mafia looks like a lot of fun and I just want to do it right. Thank you for your time!
Chomp Chomp!!!
I'm Chompy the dinosaur! If you want to eat lettuce with me, all you have to do is ask and I will share some of my lettuce with you! I also love Sonic the Hedgehog, did you know that there were over 1.78 million differen
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Rishi »

/confirm
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

mr. chompy! wrote:Just a question to the moderator. Are we supposed to roleplay our roles in the thread? I have never played Mafia before but I play a lot of Live Action Role Playing Games (LARPG for short-hand) and I was wondering if Mafia here worked the same way. I could not find anything on the Mafia Scum Wiki website about role playing but I just want to make sure before we start the game. I really do not want to do anything wrong! Mafia looks like a lot of fun and I just want to do it right. Thank you for your time!
Generally normal and newbie games don't involve role playing, though it is not disallowed. You may find theme games that lend themselves more to that type of play. However, I suggest you get used to the normal mafia mechanics before jumping into the theme queues.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:31 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mango has picked up her role PM, leaving gtosdad as the only no show. I don't want to hold up the party for one person, so the game starts now, and if there is still no sign from gto by Monday I'll get a replacement then.

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

Not Voting: 9 (dreambri23, Mango, gtosdad, fleurdelys, LifeStandsStill, mr. chompy!, The World No.1 Noob, JordanA24, Rishi)
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Rishi »

Vote: The World No. 1 Noob

Hi guys. I'm an IC, an experienced player who is here to help you learn to play. Feel free to ask any questions.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:34 am

Post by fleurdelys »

vote: mr. chompy
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:23 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Random Vote: LifeStandsStill

I'm also an IC, so I can answer any questions you may have too.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
LifeStandsStill
LifeStandsStill
Townie
LifeStandsStill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:34 am

Post by LifeStandsStill »

Vote : dreambri23
Mango
Mango
Townie
Mango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Mango »

/confirm <3

Random vote: LifeStandsStill
Yay.
Mango
Mango
Townie
Mango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Mango »

.. Oops, forgot to bold that. <3;

Random vote:
LifeStandsStill
Yay.
dreambri23
dreambri23
Townie
dreambri23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 am

Post by dreambri23 »

Vote: Rishi
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

Okay so my first question would be, what kind of behavior are we looking for from the Mafia? Are they more likely to vote a certain way? I read the wiki but it seemed really vague. What if a player votes for themself? I read somewhere that the third voter on a person is always a Mafia but I don't see how that would translate, what if a town member was the third voter? Also can't the Mafia just lie about who they are and what their role is? How do we know someone is telling the truth? People lie to me all the time, one time someone lied to me about meeting him at 4:00 but he didn't show up. I usually can't tell when they lie either. Also what if it is a good player? I bet all the experienced players are really good liars so maybe we should put our cop on them. By the way what does IC stand for? In my role playing group it means "In Character" but I thought we weren't roleplaying.

Why are you all voting without reasoning too? Isn't that dangerous? What if the Mafia decides to all vote someone and get them killed early? Then we're down a town member.
Chomp Chomp!!!
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:59 am

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

aaalallalalalala

??? at Mango's dp

vote:
mango
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
dreambri23
dreambri23
Townie
dreambri23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by dreambri23 »

Everyone has seemed to of vanished ????? :cry:
purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn
Ninja
purpleunicorn
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by purpleunicorn »

hey I'm new at this. I don't know what to do AT ALL..any help would be appreciated
Mango
Mango
Townie
Mango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Mango »

You can go to the wiki for basic playing rules.
Yay.
Mango
Mango
Townie
Mango
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Mango »

.. and what's 'dp' o__O
Yay.
The World No.1 Noob