Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:31 am

Post by halfasleep »

An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by halfasleep »

i assume we can't vote for fast night for maximum silliness?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

i have: truly no idea how to contribute to this game rn. this is way more disorientating than i expected.
In post 148, Cee Mirage wrote: who's the best Power Ranger?
i like onisister from donbrothers if anyone's wondering
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 194, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 187, Titus wrote: Hi. I have no clue what I am doing.
VOTE: Titus
hmm. is there a reason i get townread for confusedposting but titus gets a 'vote'?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by halfasleep »

i don't completely hate voting ming today (tomorrow?) since his are the only posts that have stood out to me as questionable.
that said, that does let the lurkers (myself, black ranger, titus) off a little easy. might be a good idea to poke there a little more before the night ends.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 am

Post by halfasleep »

VOTE: awesomeming327
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:25 am

Post by halfasleep »

(i voted awesomeming if we're claiming votes)
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:30 am

Post by halfasleep »

i don't see any reason to disbelieve light's claim here. i'm currently likely to vote for ming again if csf is nightkilled barring anything major changing my mind tonight.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 641, OopsieDaisy wrote: oh yea halfasleep exists, add her to the drew/experience group of people i should look at if ming is town (and maybe just look at regardless)
ama
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 689, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 596, halfasleep wrote: i don't see any reason to disbelieve light's claim here. i'm currently likely to vote for ming again if csf is nightkilled barring anything major changing my mind tonight.
Hi halfasleep, would you mind taking a quick skim of the posts again because it seems like the only things you remember from this game are the cop claim and me! :D
hi ming, who do you think would be a better second-choice lim over you here? the way i see it, i think you're most likely to flip red after csf. if you do flip green, i think the amount of the game that's centred on your potential elimination so far means that's a more informative flip than any other potential mislim right now. does the hypothetical town!you disagree with this?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:30 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 769, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 644, halfasleep wrote:
In post 641, OopsieDaisy wrote: oh yea halfasleep exists, add her to the drew/experience group of people i should look at if ming is town (and maybe just look at regardless)
ama
im late but hi

any potentional teams you see in the game right now?
i'm just gonna take it as read for now that csf is scum. if ming flips red i'm kinda the opposite of you in that that would put my attention on the most passive night 1 players. i say this because after a little bit of (potentially) RVS theater at 69 and 103, csf goes on to make a pretty half-hearted effort at best to move things away from ming and says as little as possible on the subject. i think as scum if a partner is getting correctly pushed early in the game you're likely to be pretty gunshy about being seen either bussing or defending them. i think the third partner in a csf/ming team would've stayed away entirely.

if ming is town, you'd probably be top of my list tbh. i think town!ming potentially makes a good point at 358. the use of noncommital language while being a driving force behind the ming push and the 'lying' narrative is pretty questionable. same goes for you possibly laying the groundwork for the next mislim at 636 and 641 if you already know ming is town. once i'm looking at you with scumread goggles on i'm starting to think a daisy/elements team could be plausible based on your night 1 interactions. i think there's a fairly unnatural progression from the bickering over spurious/jokey scumreads on each other to mutually townbinning and moving on. smacks of theatre to me.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

Post by halfasleep »

i'd also like to add that a ming red flip like 90% clears black in my eyes based on 37, 70 and 71 since i know cee mirage and myself are both town.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 798, light_ganski wrote:
In post 797, halfasleep wrote: i'd also like to add that a ming red flip like 90% clears black in my eyes based on 37, 70 and 71 since i know cee mirage and myself are both town.
Umm what

putting a pin in this for later
when's later? considering we've got just over a day left on this night phase and you've claimed cop, you should probably just say what you wanna say.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 802, light_ganski wrote:
In post 799, halfasleep wrote:
In post 798, light_ganski wrote:
In post 797, halfasleep wrote: i'd also like to add that a ming red flip like 90% clears black in my eyes based on 37, 70 and 71 since i know cee mirage and myself are both town.
Umm what

putting a pin in this for later
when's later? considering we've got just over a day left on this night phase and you've claimed cop, you should probably just say what you wanna say.
Later is "once I'm home from work" which I am now

And my elaboration is that I have absolutely no idea of how your premise (black = locktown) is supposed to follow from ming saying that her and two other players look towny, in the first couple of pages and with no elaboration. Why is it impossible or even unlikely for scum!ming to fake a TR on scum!black,
especially considering that so many people rely on who flipped scum distanced from in the first few pages to look for their buddies?
i think people do this because it's often right. speaking for myself, as scum my early posting isn't likely to have much strategy behind it. i'm finding something to say to look involved in the main thread while still getting my bearings and figuring things out in the PT. how often do you say anything about a partner before you've had time to clear it with them behind the scenes, especially when you're still finding your footing in how you're going to be working as a team? i think it's pretty reasonable early scumposting to give 'good vibes' style reads on townies, mostly as tentative hooks for future pocketing if the townie ends up being receptive (but nothing you need to commit to if they're not). it's the kind of thing that can superficially look good - since it's not in scum interest to make any townie too hard to lim - but doesn't marry you to anything solid. sure, scum!ming
could
throw a partner in there in hopes of producing exactly the read i'm making now, but i think it's less likely due to the early thread scum dynamics i was talking about and sometimes the simpler explanation just is the right one.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:52 am

Post by halfasleep »

halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 am

Post by halfasleep »

voted ming.
i think my preference here is a poe of daisy, elements, thomith, black. preferably in that order (maybe swap elements and thomith if daisy is town?). my gutread is that imaginality and experience are town.
not sure how to approach the 'vig or sk' question. i haven't played a game with a third-party in it yet so i don't have a good idea of what to look for.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #16) » Wed May 01, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 869, imaginality wrote: I'm interested in your townread on experience. You describe it as a gutread but how strong is it?
his iso just looks good to me. his thought progression in general looks uninformed in ways that are at least difficult to fake. for example, with his posts today, i think scum would be more cautious about openly jumping to the assumption that we have an SK over a vig.
i guess it's as strong a read as i've got in this game. which is to say, not nearly as solid as i'd like.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #17) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:17 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 901, OopsieDaisy wrote: i can see a world where halfasleep is teamed with the elements/enchant slot. points out the possibility el & i could be teamed but wants me out first specifically, then after that they can use my flip to lock el as town since i was vouching for the slot and the associative read is gone.
to be clear, this is not the case. you flipping town would only mean my ping on how you two were interacting was wrong, enchant's slot doesn't have any towncred in my eyes and i wouldn't take them out of my poe that easily. the most i said was that i might want to switch them with ketchup's slot in order of flip priority if you're green.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (isolation #18) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:49 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 868, imaginality wrote: So, my suggestion for today is we might as well assume we have a vig, and try to agree on two players we want to lim (in order, so if the vig shot gets blocked we know who to coalesce on for the vote).

And the vig can vig one and we lim the other.
if we're going to follow this plan, everyone should probably post their preferred poes so we can move towards a consensus for tonight.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #19) » Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am

Post by halfasleep »

this is my understanding: if we don't agree or even discuss who we're voting then scum (or in an edge case masons) are the only ones coordinating their votes. there's two so scum left so that's two votes that are potentially very strong in a silent voting scenario but useless for resisting an existing consensus vote. no agreement before the vote also probably makes it easier to lie next night phase.

-

oh imaginality posted while i was typing. posting anyway.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (isolation #20) » Fri May 03, 2024 11:32 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 925, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 924, halfasleep wrote: this is my understanding: if we don't agree or even discuss who we're voting then scum (or in an edge case masons) are the only ones coordinating their votes. there's two so scum left so that's two votes that are potentially very strong in a silent voting scenario but useless for resisting an existing consensus vote. no agreement before the vote also probably makes it easier to lie next night phase.

-

how confident are you that there are 2 scum left?
it's the most likely scenario. there is still one possible version of the setup where there's only one left, you're right.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #21) » Fri May 03, 2024 11:49 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 927, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 926, halfasleep wrote:
In post 924, halfasleep wrote: this is my understanding: if we don't agree or even discuss who we're voting then scum (or in an edge case masons) are the only ones coordinating their votes. there's two so scum left so that's two votes that are potentially very strong in a silent voting scenario but useless for resisting an existing consensus vote. no agreement before the vote also probably makes it easier to lie next night phase.

-

it's the most likely scenario. there is still one possible version of the setup where there's only one left, you're right.
Which version of the setup would you be referencing? And when I said scum did you take that as mafia or as mafia and SK combined? Because if we have 1 maf and 1 SK they can’t really coordinate their votes
TTTT on the setup rng. and yes i was meaning the red team not all anti-town roles combined. should've been clearer. and yeah, the scenario where there's only one mafia left has an SK so two scum by that definition.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #22) » Sat May 04, 2024 12:53 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 939, ketchup777 wrote: halfasleep, what do you prefer rolling, town or scum?
don't have enough experience to really say (this is my first town game lol). possibly i enjoy being scum a little more.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #23) » Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 952, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 951, halfasleep wrote:
In post 939, ketchup777 wrote: halfasleep, what do you prefer rolling, town or scum?
don't have enough experience to really say (this is my first town game lol). possibly i enjoy being scum a little more.
why has being town felt less enjoyable? if you think about it
i guess it feels a bit more fun to be in the informed faction. i also don't have a good sense of how to be doing a better job as town. not that i wasn't kinda inept as scum but the path to improving my game felt a little clearer than i feel here idk.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #24) » Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 960, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 959, halfasleep wrote:
In post 952, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 951, halfasleep wrote:
why has being town felt less enjoyable? if you think about it
i guess it feels a bit more fun to be in the informed faction. i also don't have a good sense of how to be doing a better job as town. not that i wasn't kinda inept as scum but the path to improving my game felt a little clearer than i feel here idk.
hmm ok
before seeing your role PM this game would you have liked to roll scum more than town?
don't think i'd really thought about it.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (isolation #25) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:58 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 978, Black wrote: Halfasleep/ketchup is my hero solve
wild
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #26) » Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 990, Black wrote:
In post 986, halfasleep wrote:
wild
Do you think it's wild to think you two are partnered or are you just saying this about me scumreading you?
that we're partnered. there's nothing strange about you scumreading me, i am aware that i haven't been playing a great towngame but this team would make no sense even if i didn't know i was town.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (isolation #27) » Sat May 04, 2024 6:36 am

Post by halfasleep »

i think i still want daisy + enchant flipped today, ideally.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (isolation #28) » Sat May 04, 2024 7:19 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1034, Black wrote:
In post 1032, halfasleep wrote:
wild
Do you think it's wild to think you two are partnered or are you just saying this about me scumreading you?
that we're partnered. there's nothing strange about you scumreading me, i am aware that i haven't been playing a great towngame but this team would make no sense even if i didn't know i was town.
Why doesn't it make sense?
if me/thomith was the team and i therefore knew for sure that daisy is town, i'd be straight-up throwing here.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (isolation #29) » Sat May 04, 2024 9:02 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1041, Black wrote:
In post 1035, halfasleep wrote:
In post 1034, Black wrote:
In post 1032, halfasleep wrote:
wild
Why doesn't it make sense?
if me/thomith was the team and i therefore knew for sure that daisy is town, i'd be straight-up throwing here.
That's not throwing. We fade town Daisy and go into a Day phase where two townies potentially die. That sets you up for a 2v3 ELO right? Doesn't seem that bad to me. Even if the SK/Vig hits you/Thomith then at least you tried to distance putting him in your PoE
wrong way around. we vote after seeing who the mafia and SK/vig kill. if my poe from that post was being followed exactly (yeah not likely, but if you suggest something you're inherently risking people agreeing with you) the vig or scumhunting SK shoots daisy, then thomith is limmed in the dayphase. i'm at 4v1 the following night phase and need to survive both the vig shot and the vote to win, relying on the premise that no one would call my bluff on a pretty clumsy bus. i don't think scum!me wins that scenario unless town massively trips over its own feet.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (isolation #30) » Sat May 04, 2024 11:11 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1043, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 929, halfasleep wrote:
In post 927, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 926, halfasleep wrote:

-

Which version of the setup would you be referencing? And when I said scum did you take that as mafia or as mafia and SK combined? Because if we have 1 maf and 1 SK they can’t really coordinate their votes
TTTT on the setup rng. and yes i was meaning the red team not all anti-town roles combined. should've been clearer. and yeah, the scenario where there's only one mafia left has an SK so two scum by that definition.
did you mean TTTTT
that does seem to be the one i meant, yes.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (isolation #31) » Sun May 05, 2024 2:01 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1071, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1067, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 911, halfasleep wrote:
In post 901, OopsieDaisy wrote: i can see a world where halfasleep is teamed with the elements/enchant slot. points out the possibility el & i could be teamed but wants me out first specifically, then after that they can use my flip to lock el as town since i was vouching for the slot and the associative read is gone.
to be clear, this is not the case. you flipping town would only mean my ping on how you two were interacting was wrong, enchant's slot doesn't have any towncred in my eyes and i wouldn't take them out of my poe that easily. the most i said was that i might want to switch them with ketchup's slot in order of flip priority if you're green.
you can say this but like, nothing you say here disproves my theory imo. like, an excuse to kick the death of your teammate down the road is worth taking, and the fact you wanted me out before em does mean something for how i'm gonna read associatives between you two. i think pulling off the progression of saying you were only gonna move them a lil bit down your readlist and then deciding a day after that wait daisy's death does rly point to el being town maybe we should look somewhere else would work and can easily be played as a natural progression. i can't just take your word you'd have stuck to that poe can i?
it also makes sense last night to position against me instead of ming since ming's lim was p much set on stone after the first couple days of discussion. you accused me of laying groundwork for tonight but that logic could v easily be applied to you too with the push on me right?
true enough. i still think it's worth trying to offer clarity about my thoughts even if i can't 'disprove' possible scum motivation behind them.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (isolation #32) » Sun May 05, 2024 2:06 am

Post by halfasleep »

i do agree that black looks questionable here. then again, if i didn't notice at the time she was calling me scum for agreeing with something she'd already agreed with earlier, there's no reason to be sure she hadn't just forgotten her earlier post and not even realised she'd changed her mind.

ketchup jumping on this like it's 100% caught scum is at the very least a weird look.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (isolation #33) » Sun May 05, 2024 3:48 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1091, Black wrote: VOTE: Enchant

Let's just turn this into a 1v1. If we are both town then we can throw the game together instead of you always having to do it by yourself
are you moving off me here because you think enchant is more likely to flip red or is this mainly tilt?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (isolation #34) » Sun May 05, 2024 4:42 am

Post by halfasleep »

i would want enchant over black here for sure. even aside from the daisy/elements read i floated earlier, elements would have been in my limpool just for a lack of reason to think she's town, and enchant's posting hasn't moved that needle for me.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (isolation #35) » Sun May 05, 2024 8:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1146, OopsieDaisy wrote: El/En slot kinda tr?
why?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (isolation #36) » Sun May 05, 2024 9:50 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1155, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1154, halfasleep wrote:
why?
do you not remember the read that started your associative read with me and that slot? el's sorting of me d1 is v townie to me. it's just that's all the slot has done that's townie to me and the longer the game goes on the more that read is waning.
i do remember. i was i guess mistakenly thinking that you meant it when you were floating me being the one partnered with them. i just thought it was notable that you seemed to have circled back around to townreading the slot after that and wanted to see if you had newer thoughts there.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (isolation #37) » Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1158, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1156, halfasleep wrote:
why?
do you not remember the read that started your associative read with me and that slot? el's sorting of me d1 is v townie to me. it's just that's all the slot has done that's townie to me and the longer the game goes on the more that read is waning.
i do remember. i was i guess mistakenly thinking that you meant it when you were floating me being the one partnered with them. i just thought it was notable that you seemed to have circled back around to townreading the slot after that and wanted to see if you had newer thoughts there.
i mean i do think the pairing i see between you and elements/enchant has a decent possibility of existing, hence why i pushed it, but there are so many pairings that can exist right now that's just one world of many. i wasn't being dishonest when i made the push but i'm not gonna tunnel in on one possibility when thinking broadly about the game.
fair enough. should i assume you're unwilling to lim enchant today?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (isolation #38) » Sun May 05, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1160, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1159, halfasleep wrote:
In post 1158, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1156, halfasleep wrote:
why?
i mean i do think the pairing i see between you and elements/enchant has a decent possibility of existing, hence why i pushed it, but there are so many pairings that can exist right now that's just one world of many. i wasn't being dishonest when i made the push but i'm not gonna tunnel in on one possibility when thinking broadly about the game.
fair enough. should i assume you're unwilling to lim enchant today?
it would take some convincing.
understandable one way or the other. do you have a first choice out of myself, ketchup and experience?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (isolation #39) » Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

hmm. if town (at least some of you are town) is determined to mislim me it's probably least bad for the vig/SK to shoot me so the vote has a chance of hitting scum (enchant, daisy, ketchup seem the most likely red flips to me). even if i end up somehow surviving tonight/today worst case scenario i probably end up the distraction that loses town a MeLo so this is the best time for me to go if enough people genuinely scumread me at this point.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (isolation #40) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

:/
if all i've succeeded in doing is dropping myself down in people's limpools, my post is really having the opposite effect of what i was asking for. like i said, i don't want to risk ending up the most scumread slot left tomorrow night. killing me now is the best thing for town.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (isolation #41) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:16 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1234, imaginality wrote: It's really not. For one thing, flips (of whatever alignment) might help shift people's reads on you.
ok, entertaining the worst case scenario, which two green flips do you think would have more people townreading me afterwards? i don't think that's a real possibility.
For another thing, it's better we lim someone who has a chance of being scum than you if you're telling the truth.
true, but it's not purely either/or since we have two flips (albeit one controlled my one player's fiat). my mislim is less harmful now than tomorrow and we still have a shot at hitting scum.
Also, again assuming you're town, I don't see that you flipping town earlier helps us lim better tomorrow than e.g. if experience or ketchup flips town.
well, if either (or both) flipped green tonight, i'd be in most remaining player's sights tomorrow night. again, i'd rather be taken out of the pool than be the reason we lose tomorrow if we fail to hit scum today.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (isolation #42) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:32 am

Post by halfasleep »

halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #43) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 am

Post by halfasleep »

voted experience to follow the majority. i want enchant or ketchup today. preference for enchant.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #44) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1266, Black wrote:
In post 1262, Enchant wrote: Because we decided to vote EXP.

If Experience was Mafia and Ketchup town, your vote allow scum to potentially outvote (and you knew without any punishment) and avoid being eliminated for day, even if it makes them obvious.

If experience is town (which happened), mafia will pile up here to secure lim.

So your vote only potentially leads to disaster.

I don't even fucking know if you are really can't comprehend how stupid it was.
Why are you assuming I'm a dumb townie and not scum? Didn't you say yesterday you thought I was scum?
because enchant is: in the mafia.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #45) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1261, ketchup777 wrote: I was thinking our PR(s) could claim in twilight tonight (after deadline before alianna locks the thread) so scum can’t nk but we won’t mislim
it's a good idea if it happened but it'd take said PRs being pretty on the ball with their timing lol
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (isolation #46) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 am

Post by halfasleep »

whether there's another PR or not, there's no possble setup left where there's only one mafia left if imag's claim is true (which i believe it is) meaning we're confirmed to be in MeLo, right?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (isolation #47) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 am

Post by halfasleep »

i still think the enchant/daisy team is pretty likely. i don't think my impression of daisy and elements looking partnered was wrong and enchant was borderline openwolfing yesternight. ketchup's post about black above is pretty wild (though the mechposting so far tonight looks fairly genuine) but if ketchup is scum i'm struggling to see him partnered with enchant, which would make me worried my townvibe on black is wrong and they're bussing.

i think it's probably just enchant/daisy, though. vote enchant imo.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (isolation #48) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:31 am

Post by halfasleep »

enchant flips scum > lim daisy
enchant flips town (lol) > lim ketchup

best i've got
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #49) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:33 am

Post by halfasleep »

below imaginality, above everyone else.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (isolation #50) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:36 am

Post by halfasleep »

i townread imaginality and experience more than black yesternight,
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (isolation #51) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1330, halfasleep wrote: enchant flips scum > lim daisy
enchant flips town (lol) > lim ketchup

best i've got
'if enchant flips town' you
just
said we're in MeLo, stoopid
yeah i think we've just gotta go enchant or daisy and pray it's not ketchup lol
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (isolation #52) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1341, Black wrote:
In post 1327, halfasleep wrote: i still think the enchant/daisy team is pretty likely. i don't think my impression of daisy and elements looking partnered was wrong and enchant was borderline openwolfing yesternight. ketchup's post about black above is pretty wild (though the mechposting so far tonight looks fairly genuine) but if ketchup is scum i'm struggling to see him partnered with enchant, which would make me worried my townvibe on black is wrong and they're bussing.

Would you be down to vote Daisy first?
probably, but why do you prefer daisy?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (isolation #53) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1350, Black wrote:
In post 1294, Black wrote:
In post 1291, halfasleep wrote: voted experience to follow the majority. i want enchant or ketchup today. preference for enchant.
In post 1292, halfasleep wrote:
In post 1266, Black wrote:
In post 1262, Enchant wrote: Because we decided to vote EXP.

If Experience was Mafia and Ketchup town, your vote allow scum to potentially outvote (and you knew without any punishment) and avoid being eliminated for day, even if it makes them obvious.

If experience is town (which happened), mafia will pile up here to secure lim.

So your vote only potentially leads to disaster.

I don't even fucking know if you are really can't comprehend how stupid it was.
Why are you assuming I'm a dumb townie and not scum? Didn't you say yesterday you thought I was scum?
because enchant is: in the mafia.
Can you go into some detail about your Enchant scumread
Halfasleep can you do this for me please
oh yeah hang on. i think it's mostly stuff i've said already but i'll try to consolidate my thoughts.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (isolation #54) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 772, halfasleep wrote: if ming is town, you'd probably be top of my list tbh. i think town!ming potentially makes a good point at 358. the use of noncommital language while being a driving force behind the ming push and the 'lying' narrative is pretty questionable. same goes for you possibly laying the groundwork for the next mislim at 636 and 641 if you already know ming is town. once i'm looking at you with scumread goggles on i'm starting to think a daisy/elements team could be plausible based on your night 1 interactions. i think there's a fairly unnatural progression from the bickering over spurious/jokey scumreads on each other to mutually townbinning and moving on. smacks of theatre to me.
so this was my original theory about daisy/elements. as the possibilities have narrowed down, i've become more convinced i was just right about this. i think daisy trying to push the idea that it's me partnered with enchant also reads as indication that she knows enchant is scum and is preparing to bus and associate her partner with a townie if she needs to.

then after enchant replaced in they just read as uninvested scum to me all of last night. first thing they do (902) is arbitrarily pick a townie to 'vote' then spends the whole night just going with the flow and saying they'll vote whoever (black, me, experience) with absolutely no sign of town thought process behind it. there's just nothing townie about them, which is the same as being scummy this far into the game.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (isolation #55) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1372, Black wrote:
In post 1291, halfasleep wrote: voted experience to follow the majority. i want enchant or ketchup today. preference for enchant.
In post 1327, halfasleep wrote: i still think the enchant/daisy team is pretty likely. i don't think my impression of daisy and elements looking partnered was wrong and enchant was borderline openwolfing yesternight. ketchup's post about black above is pretty wild (though the mechposting so far tonight looks fairly genuine) but if ketchup is scum i'm struggling to see him partnered with enchant, which would make me worried my townvibe on black is wrong and they're bussing.

There is a disconnect between these two posts
yeah kinda. first post is me posting before properly taking in that we were in MeLo. i was including ketchup as a possible scum who could be potentially limmed if i'm wrong about the enchant/daisy team (or a 'not the worst shot' if i couldn't get traction on enchant). i was also slightly dissociating my enchant sr from daisy since nobody's been on board with me on daisy until just now and i wanted to actually get the enchant lim through.

second post is after i realised i was being stupid and i should just be direct.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #56) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:50 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1358, Black wrote:
In post 1352, halfasleep wrote:

In post 1355, OopsieDaisy wrote:

wait wtf why?
I think you two are scum together
well we at the very least agree on one scum lol. we can sort out the rest after we survive MeLo.

VOTE: OopsieDaisy
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (isolation #57) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:52 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1391, Black wrote:
In post 1352, halfasleep wrote:

Considering you've been down to fade Daisy for most of the game, I'm kinda surprised I only got a "probably" here
yeah i mean i was a little thrown by you suddenly wanting daisy but it's unnecessary caution i think.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (isolation #58) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1413, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1411, Black wrote:
In post 1410, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1389, Black wrote:
In post 1386, OopsieDaisy wrote: i mean i guess i just gotta get to solving and hope you listen innit. i should sleep tho, come back after i've had a breather and see what i can do.
Show is better than tell! I'm curious why you don't really seem interested in changing halfasleep's mind
cause HA's been reading me evil for days now, I gave my counterpoints to HA and I know I can get tunneled on the person pushing me when put under pressure so I didn't push it any further.
That's fair. Considering she's been scumreading you for awhile how do you feel about him wanting to fade enchant over you?
*she's not he's.

i mean she doesn't want to fade enchant over me, i think pretty clearly now? the only reason she hasn't been more vocal about my read is because she didn't think others would go with it since i've been pretty widely townread across the game (seen in ). i think also fading enchant first helps argue against the enchant/ha world that has been discussed a lot, since she's preferring that lim over me.
i would still be happy to lim enchant first if that's where i could get a consensus. is there a world where you vote enchant over me?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (isolation #59) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1422, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1420, halfasleep wrote:
In post 1413, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1411, Black wrote:
In post 1410, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1389, Black wrote:
In post 1386, OopsieDaisy wrote: i mean i guess i just gotta get to solving and hope you listen innit. i should sleep tho, come back after i've had a breather and see what i can do.
Show is better than tell! I'm curious why you don't really seem interested in changing halfasleep's mind
cause HA's been reading me evil for days now, I gave my counterpoints to HA and I know I can get tunneled on the person pushing me when put under pressure so I didn't push it any further.
That's fair. Considering she's been scumreading you for awhile how do you feel about him wanting to fade enchant over you?
*she's not he's.

i mean she doesn't want to fade enchant over me, i think pretty clearly now? the only reason she hasn't been more vocal about my read is because she didn't think others would go with it since i've been pretty widely townread across the game (seen in ). i think also fading enchant first helps argue against the enchant/ha world that has been discussed a lot, since she's preferring that lim over me.
i would still be happy to lim enchant first if that's where i could get a consensus. is there a world where you vote enchant over me?
why would i do that lmao
i mean i know why you wouldn't lol. just thought it was worth checking.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #60) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1426, Enchant wrote: Black/HA suddenly don't want me dead for some reason.
i assure you i do.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (isolation #61) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1428, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1414, Black wrote: Aw crap I'm really sorry HA! Idk how that happened
if svs brilliant move
LMAO
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (isolation #62) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:39 am

Post by halfasleep »

prodge but i'll be reading and giving my thoughts tomorrow. unexpectedly busy weekend.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (isolation #63) » Mon May 13, 2024 11:51 am

Post by halfasleep »

catching up
In post 1450, ketchup777 wrote: I don’t think the team is Enchant/OD.

Elements scrutinising Daisy earlier doesn’t feel like something they would bus each other as friends if they rolled scum together. And Elements would probably have been more active here when rolling scum with her friend Daisy would be fun.
i don't think it was intended as a real bus since the whole sequence ends with them 'townreading' each other. i don't have the experience with either player to speculate based on their friendship, and elements wasn't particularly inactive early the thread. she seemed pretty engaged with the game during those (imo) svs interactions.
In post 1455, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 591, halfasleep wrote:

(i voted awesomeming if we're claiming votes)
heya can you remember if you’d read anything beyond the flips before posting this halfasleep?
i probably had read or at least skimmed the night's posts before posting, yes.
In post 1464, ketchup777 wrote: It’s a nice simple question for Black so hopefully she quickly comes to a nice simple answer. and we can force her into more lies and lies and eventually she might crack
i don't know what to make of the tone of this post. very over-the-top. urgh. please don't be scum after all ketchup because i have no idea who you might be partnered with.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1620 (isolation #64) » Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by halfasleep »

ok these pages of black and enchant switching up from target to target are wild. i thiiiiink i can buy black as a tilted townie but enchant is just openwolfing. feeling pretty solid reading this that there's no world where enchant is town. i don't think enchant is partnered with ketchup and it's fairly unlikely to be enchant/black either.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (isolation #65) » Mon May 13, 2024 12:14 pm

Post by halfasleep »

ok it's enchant 100%. daisy is their most likely partner even putting aside everything but process of elimination. i will be voting daisy and hoping i'm right unless any of you want to pivot from towngoggling enchant for no reason and consolidate on the obvscum.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (isolation #66) » Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 am

Post by halfasleep »

if this actually happened, i would only be willing to vote for enchant.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (isolation #67) » Wed May 15, 2024 1:10 am

Post by halfasleep »

halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1730 (isolation #68) » Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 am

Post by halfasleep »

gg

daisy i'm sorry :cry: you called the team so early lol
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (isolation #69) » Fri May 17, 2024 6:18 am

Post by halfasleep »

i feel like this format has some legs. the difference in voting dynamics is interesting for sure. possibly would benefit from slightly shorter phases?
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (isolation #70) » Fri May 17, 2024 6:40 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1739, Alianna wrote:
In post 1734, halfasleep wrote: i feel like this format has some legs. the difference in voting dynamics is interesting for sure. possibly would benefit from slightly shorter phases?
Like, 4-5 day nights? Maybe even 24-hour days? Most of the votes were submitted before the 24-hour mark iirc.
I could get behind shorter phases for this.
that sounds about right to me, yeah.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (isolation #71) » Fri May 17, 2024 6:42 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1736, Doctor Drew wrote: Ahh, so I was killed because scum thought if Black and I came together as town we could work well together
yeah that was basically what i was thinking.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1749 (isolation #72) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:52 am

Post by halfasleep »

it also might be worth trying this format with a setup that can't roll a second killer (vig or SK). i think having up to two deaths right before every vote affects the pacing and general shape of the game a lot (not necessarily for better or worse, but it's probably worth seeing how the format plays when that can't be the case).
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (isolation #73) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:56 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1745, OopsieDaisy wrote: anyone got any tips as to like, how i coulda played this game better? feels like i ended up in a situation where i coulda been partnered with most of the group and that made the final day super hard for me.
i think things would've been different if you'd hard pushed me as soon as you smelled a rat with my push on you. it felt like you kinda lost to inertia after i somehow wormed my way out of being the day 3 elimination.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”