CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by CB »

In post 698, Heartless wrote:
In post 695, CB wrote:Typically the way I read hydras is on how they interact with each. Mafia hydras are more likely to agree with each other since they know everyone's alignment and they both know who they need to push on for mislynches.
While town hydras there will be more conflict on who to push on since it is very rare for two town to have reads that line up.

So they both push on Wanderer. Wanderer comes up with a towny post and then they both back off right away. When one makes a push the other calls that push really well done.

fact check: they did not both push wanderer.
(as an aside: part of having good chemistry in a hydra is knowing when to trust each other)

Clarifing and defending a push is pretty much the same as pushing in my eyes.
In post 260, Heartless wrote:totally not tth's issue. she has a problem with your reads. not... whatever you're talking about something about figuring out how to play the game.

In post 317, Heartless wrote:
she's already been over this... the logic chain isn't particularly hard to follow either.

wanderer takes up a lot of space w/ theory and the reads are superficially OK looking but they're limited to the ppl most talked about and they're limited to only 2 ppl. and it's not like wanderer is a completely clueless newb either.

wanderer CAN scumhunt but won't scumhunt. why? tth is saying it's b/c wanderer is scum and she might be right.

----------------------------------------------------------------

In post 702, Heartless wrote:
Side note to CB: I'm going to go ahead and brag
a little bit
OK, I'm going to brag a lot and say you don't get a record like ours by being hopelessly dissonant. Click into our wiki sometime to see what I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartless Couldn't find it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In post 708, RedCoyote wrote:
To expound a bit, we'll quite probably be losing pablito at some point (if we don't, he'll definitely get a scummy nomination from me).

Town slip maybe? I feel mafia would be more aware of vengefuls and their role.

----------------------------------------------------------------

In post 792, pablito wrote:I'm going to try to ask some questions and put forth some ideas for discussion soon. In the meanwhile, everyone please post your 2-4 strongest town reads right now with reasons why. Most people have done so, but not everyone. These lists may have changed as well over time. Based on these lists of town-reads, I'll expand my "will not shoot D3" list to coincide with my own choices for town reads as well.

I have likes Wanderer for a while. Her posting seems honest to me. She is willing to admit to things scum normally wouldn't. I feel her reconsideration of Enomis is towny I don't think scum would do that I feel like they would just keep pushing.
I like West9 as well almost everyone of his posts has been pushes to determine people's alignment. I really like his push on Vonflare it made a lot of sense to me. He is actually scumhunting in a game were most people are too lazy to.

--------------------------------------------------------------
In post 795, pablito wrote:

Referenda 2.1

That those listed as likely to be town by Nachomomma8 (due to searching of town tells), should not be shot. These players include: CB, pablito, wanderer-nl, Heartless, RedCoyote. Furthermore, RC asks for those on the list to pledge to not shoot the others on the list as well.
YEA: RedCoyote, Heartless, wanderer-nl(?), West9
NAY: MaxwellPuckett (not the ppl listed at least)
Deferred: CB, Flubbernugget, julienvonflare, Jeanne11, Perpetual Nonsense*
Ignored: millar13, Lucky2u, enomis, Feirei, vonflare

*Deferred being players who made some type of mention of stating they did not have the time to post or acknowledged the subject but did not vote.
**Ignored being players who completely did not make any type of comment on the post, but still posted something that wasn't a prodge.

So I have never played with Nacho so I do not know his ability and I am not going to blindly trust a player that I have never played with before. Right now the only person who has spoken for his ability is RC who if scum has a lot of motivation to push for it. I am just not seeing the difference between Nacho's do not shoot list and the do not shoot list of every gun bearer who will be a confirmed town that comes after him. So I right now I am saying
NAY
. It is a winning strategy but it is predicated on if Nacho is right on the other three people and I don't think I am willing to commit to that.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 799, Flubbernugget wrote:@pablito I like the idea but when we start hitting vengeful townies there's a problem with it

A good, near-confirmed town in exchange for a vengeful is a necessary sacrifice to make. If the game is now 9 vs. 3 (with 4 neutral-consequence shots), then let's keep making that risk.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 5:04 am

Post by pablito »

Please keep answering any back-logged questions I have for you guys.

I am announcing that the following are being taken off my list and I will probably not shoot them during this day phase.

CB, wanderer-nl, Heartless, RedCoyote - For this DP, I'm honoring the compact and I would only shoot one of them if two vengeful are gone. I'm not guaranteeing that they're all town though. I just don't think the focus should be there.

jeanne11, julienvonwolfe - If there's a replacement, I don't think it's smart to make a shot until everything settles.

Those that I am still considering to shoot:
enomis, Feirei, Flubbernugget, Lucky2u, MaxwellPuckett, millar13, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare, West9

Everyone please nominate 1-3 people I should add to my shortlist. I plan on releasing a shortlist of 2-4 in the next few days. So if you have a strong case on someone that I might have been blind to, please let me know right now.

Also for those that have not given me their top town choices, please do so now.

Also for those that have not answered Referendum 2.1, please do so.

That those listed as likely to be town by Nachomomma8 (due to searching of town tells), should not be shot. These players include: CB, pablito, wanderer-nl, Heartless, RedCoyote. Furthermore, RC asks for those on the list to pledge to not shoot the others on the list as well.
YEA: RedCoyote, Heartless, wanderer-nl(?), West9
NAY: MaxwellPuckett, CB (not the ppl listed at least)
Deferred: Flubbernugget, julienvonflare, Jeanne11, Perpetual Nonsense*
Ignored: millar13, Lucky2u, ENOMIS, Feirei, vonflare

*Deferred being players who made some type of mention of stating they did not have the time to post or acknowledged the subject but did not vote.
**Ignored being players who completely did not make any type of comment on the post, but still posted something that wasn't a prodge.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 5:05 am

Post by pablito »

In post 801, CB wrote:
In post 702, Heartless wrote:
Side note to CB: I'm going to go ahead and brag
a little bit
OK, I'm going to brag a lot and say you don't get a record like ours by being hopelessly dissonant. Click into our wiki sometime to see what I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartless Couldn't find it.

There's a mafiascum wiki. Here's Heartless http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Heartless
Sup, later.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 6:04 am

Post by enomis »

^^ I don't know what u want. But if you ask me to pick 3 person from your list, i will pick Nonsense, millar and Lucky to shoot.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 8:20 am

Post by West9 »

Quick post to answer pablito's questions:

I know that I have boring townreads, but I've gotten the most genuine scumhunt-y feeling from CB, RC, and Heartless. Like I said, I wouldn't shoot them.

Top scumreads are Vonflare and PN.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I'm like on everyone's list and can't get shot. What's the deal folks?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 803, pablito wrote:Those that I am still considering to shoot:
enomis, Feirei, Flubbernugget, Lucky2u, MaxwellPuckett, millar13, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare, West9

Everyone please nominate 1-3 people I should add to my shortlist. I plan on releasing a shortlist of 2-4 in the next few days. So if you have a strong case on someone that I might have been blind to, please let me know right now.

Nominate people to add, specifically? Well, the only person I would add is julien. I don't see how a replacement will get me to change my mind about that slot. Heck, you've got 50+% of the player list up there, yeah? Do you want me to help narrow it down for you with my top three?

Flubber, julien and PN would be my top three. Nothing I've seen has really moved me off of that. I'm satisfied with any of those people in your list getting shot, however.

Actually, scratch that, I'd probably take Max out. I think he's been very consistent over the course of this game, whereas I think as scum he may mold his opinion to fit with whichever person held the gun at the time. Max's consistency tells me he's genuinely interested in finding new information to help him scumhunt more accurately. I'd also probably take Lucky out. Hell, Lucky and millar both sound like they're just biding their time until they can get the gun. I personally wouldn't take the chance on those two (plus Jeanne).
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm not opposed to pablito's actions right now but I do want to note that the emphasis on town reads makes it feel like obvscum is flying under the radar
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Heartless »

Such as?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Heartless »

I think the best shots are Perpetual Nonsense and julien.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by West9 »

In post 787, Flubbernugget wrote:Yes even the mafia, even if its less so than the town. Making the mafia vote like pablito was pushing for made them act in a pro-town manner because it gave town more information to find them with.

Sorry to respond to a question with a question, but: You mean the way he's making them vote as gunbearer?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 808, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 803, pablito wrote:Those that I am still considering to shoot:

Nominate people to add, specifically? Well, the only person I would add is julien. I don't see how a replacement will get me to change my mind about that slot. Heck, you've got 50+% of the player list up there, yeah? Do you want me to help narrow it down for you with my top three?

Flubber, julien and PN would be my top three. Nothing I've seen has really moved me off of that. I'm satisfied with any of those people in your list getting shot, however.

Actually, scratch that, I'd probably take Max out. I think he's been very consistent over the course of this game, whereas I think as scum he may mold his opinion to fit with whichever person held the gun at the time. Max's consistency tells me he's genuinely interested in finding new information to help him scumhunt more accurately. I'd also probably take Lucky out. Hell, Lucky and millar both sound like they're just biding their time until they can get the gun. I personally wouldn't take the chance on those two (plus Jeanne).

Nah, I'm not shooting julien. Take that one out and you have nominated 2 people. I'm saying of the list of 9 players, whom you would want on my shortlist. So Right now, I'm assuming you want Flubber and PN.

Also @Heartless, I'm not shooting julien. So right now that means you're only nominating PN to be shot. You okay with that or would you rather give an extra name as well?

@enomis you answered the question correctly. Did you want to give any reasons?

@Lucky2u - can you contribute something that is not about you? I'm ready to shoot you right now for that exact reason.
Sup, later.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 810, Heartless wrote:Such as?

I'm floored that vonflare hasn't been shot yet
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Vonflare and PN are good shots, as has been said ad nauseam. I don't think West should be in that list though, same with Enomis.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay well something wrong if good shots haven't been shot yet.

Part of me says lets try to break the game and part of me says fucking shoot obvscum
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 814, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 810, Heartless wrote:Such as?

I'm floored that vonflare hasn't been shot yet

y u gotta be liek that
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Because of posts like that
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 812, West9 wrote:
In post 787, Flubbernugget wrote:Yes even the mafia, even if its less so than the town. Making the mafia vote like pablito was pushing for made them act in a pro-town manner because it gave town more information to find them with.

Sorry to respond to a question with a question, but: You mean the way he's making them vote as gunbearer?

Even before he was a gunbearer
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 8:16 am

Post by enomis »

You can say gut for PN and millar.

But i do think Lucky is a goon though. For the reason i stated before.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Suzune replaces julienvonwolfe. Please welcome her!!!

Jeanne11 have been force replaced. Looking for her replacement!!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:31 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Welcome to the game, Suzune!

Welcome to the game, person who will eventually replace Jeanne!
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 813, pablito wrote:So Right now, I'm assuming you want Flubber and PN.

Yeah.

Welcome, Suzune! :]

Good news: I think you are replacing into a town slot!
Bad news: I'm probably the only one that thinks so, lol.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Suzune »

/confirm

Okay, let me catch up on the game, and then I will help out :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”