Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Open 402 -- Hard Boiled (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Chimera »

Welcome to Open 402 -- Hard Boiled! My first modding experience here so hopefully I don't make a hash of it...

Alive

Spoiler:
andrew94
TeCHNoWC
LlamaFluff
Venmar
drmyshotgun
Jackal711 *
LowMan

* = prod

Dead

Spoiler:
BwBurke,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
Arugula,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1
raspberrylicious,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 2
DLCXVI
The1fifi *
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3
BK201,
Hider
, killed Night 3
Nachomamma8 **,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 4
Kassadin *,
Tracker
, killed Night 4
Thomith *,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 5

Modkilled

Spoiler:
No one! Let's keep it that way...

Votecount Log

Spoiler: Day 2

Spoiler: Day 3

Spoiler: Day 4

Spoiler: Day 5
Last edited by Chimera on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 61 times in total.
Show
Some people are like slinkies--not good for much but always bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

If you see me joining a large game, please smack me repeatedly.

Just slightly V/LA now.

Open 402 -- Hard Boiled Game over, 53 pages: 0 replacements needed.
Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Chimera »

Setup Information

Roles:

7 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons
1 Hider
1 Tracker/Vigilante (chosen by player)
1 Detective/Psychologist (determined randomly pre-game)

1. This game is daystart
2. The Tracker/Vigilante chooses on
Night 1
which role they would like to be.
3. The Hider dies if it hides with a Mafia Goon or a Vigilante, or if the person it hides behind dies.
4. The Detective targets a player and finds out if that player has killed another player or not.
5. The Psychologist targets a player and finds out if they have the potential to kill, but if the player has already killed, the psychologist will get a negative result.

Sample PMs

Vanilla Townie

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no powers other than your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Game thread can be found here.

Win Condition: You win when all anti-town powers are dead.

Please confirm by quoting your rolename in a reply PM to me.

Mafia Goon

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX.

You are a Mafia Goon. Your partners are YYYYY and ZZZZZ. Your powers are:
Factional Communication: You can speak with your partners during the nightphase and pre-game in a quicktopic
here
. You may not privately communicate with them elsewhere or during the day.
Factional Kill: Each night one of you may submit a target to be killed. This can be done in the quicktopic or by PM. If no kill target is submitted before the night deadline no kill will be performed. If no killer is specified it will be assumed the one submitting the message containing the target is the killer.

Win Condition: You win when all town aligned players are dead with at least one mafia remaining, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Hider

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX

You are the Hider. Your power is:
Hide: Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia, the vigilante, or a player who dies that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill but you hide behind someone else, you will not die.

Tracker/Vigilante

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX

You are the Tracker/Vigilante. You must decide Night 1 which you want to be. Your powers are:

As Tracker:
Track: Each night (including night 1) you may PM me the name of a player you wish to track. I will PM you telling you who they targeted or that they targeted no one.
As Vigilante:
Nightkill: Each night (including night 1) you may PM me the name of a player you wish to nightkill.

Detective

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX

You are the Detective. You power is:
Investigation: Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. I will return a result to indicate if that player has killed another player on any night, including the night you submit the action.

Psychologist

Spoiler:
Welcome, XXXXX

You are the Psychologist. Your power is:
Diagnosis: Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to diagnose. I will return a result to indicate if that player has the ability to kill or not. However, if they have already killed another player, including kills submitted on the night you diagnose them, the result will be that they do not have the ability to kill.

Show
Some people are like slinkies--not good for much but always bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

Just slightly V/LA now.

Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Chimera »

Rules

Rule 0: Site-wide rules all apply. This is a game, personal attacks and things of that nature are not part of the game.

1: Unless specifically stated otherwise, do not discuss this game outside of this thread.
2: Do note directly quote any private communications with me, the mod. You may paraphrase things I have sent you, such as role titles, abilities, or results.
3: Votes must be
bold
or in vote tags VOTE: Chimera. If your vote does not use those tags it will not count.
4: Votes should be the player's whole name unless they have a commonly used nickname.
5: Unvotes are not necessary but appreciated.
6: A lynch occurs at a majority of votes on one player (50%+1). Once this is reached further votes/unvotes will not count.
7: After a lynch it is twilight. Players, including the lynchee, may continue to talk until I lock the thread. However, once I have declared you dead, by lynch or nightkill, you may not post. You are truly dead.
8: No lynches are allowed and voted for like so: VOTE: No Lynch. The tally for a no lynch vote works exactly the same as the tally for players. Once a no lynch is reached further votes/unvotes will not count.
9: If you do not post for 48 hours you will be prodded. If you do not reply to your prod in the thread within 48 hours you will be replaced. After three prods, the next time you are due for a prod you will be replaced instead of being prodded.
10: If you will not be able to post within the prod timer, please let myself and/or the thread know before hand. If you must be absent for an extended period of time you may be replaced.
11: Day 1 will have a three week deadline, with every day after that being 120 hours shorter (five days) until the day length reaches six days. If there is no majority vote at the end of a day no lynch will occur.
12: Nights will have 72 hour deadlines. Failure to submit a night action within this time will be taken as a “no action”.
13: Deadline extensions will be given at my discretion (i.e. in the event of a replacement).
14: As usual, no small/invisible text, no cryptography, no coding, etc. Breadcrumbing is allowed. Basically, use your head and play to the spirit of the game.
15: DARK BLUE (#000080) is my colour. Do not use it. You may use other colours if you wish. As a courtesy to other players I would ask that you avoid using bright colours (although there is no direct rule against this).
16: Do not deliberately try to exploit loopholes within these rules. Further rules may be added; if this occurs I will notify all players both in thread and by private message. Rules regarding mod action may be bent according to situation. If this needs to happen you will all be notified in thread.
Show

Just slightly V/LA now.

Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Chimera »

Current status:
Role PMs sent. You have 48 hours to confirm.

Game started! Remaining players have until 20:40 EDT on May 19th to confirm.
Last edited by Chimera on Fri May 18, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Just slightly V/LA now.

Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Chimera »

Hsssssssssss

Something isn't right. You don't know what, or why you know, but something is very wrong.

You tried to gather your thoughts, but they were lost in the sleepy fog shrouding your brain.

THINK! Something isn't right, I know it. But what?

Pinching yourself in an effort to wake up, you sat up in your open stasis cell, glancing around the chamber. Suddenly, a lightbulb flashes on in your head.

Why is no one else awake? They said we'd wake simultaneously...

As the room slowly begins to come into focus, dozens of small faintly flashing lights become visible on the consoles of each of the stasis cells. Still fighting through the haziness in your brain, you stumble out of your cell and make your way towards the nearest cell with the gait of a drunk.

Slowly, the meaning of the blinking lights dawns on you.

Critical error? How? The system was designed so that we would be alerted before...

Your thoughts trail off as you hear a door behind you whirr open. A yell.

“There's another one down here!”

Footsteps move towards you. Desperately trying to put the scattered memories of all your training together, you turn around, slightly, if even that, prepared to face what was coming.

In front of you is another figure, looking only a little less bewildered than you feel yourself. They begin to speak again.

“Do...do you know what is going on?”

You shake your head no. The other looks slightly disappointed.

“Follow me. You're the thirteenth one we've found awake. The rest of the cells have...failed. And there's one more thing. Come with me.”

Unsure whether to trust this person, you warily follow them up out of the cell chamber into a central corridor.

“Yours was the last chamber in the hall. Most of these had no one left.”

Most of these? Only thirteen of us? But there were hundreds to begin with!

As you walked through the corridor you began to remember the floor plan of the craft. It soon became clear where your guide was taking you; the bridge. Upon arrival, you see eleven others standing gravely around the main console, all intently staring at something, quietly murmuring to each other.

That one looks important...but why? It'll come, I'm sure. The rest seem like regular crew...like myself. Those two there seem...

Your guide spoke again, breaking into your thoughts.

“We, well, the first one here, found this. Or rather, him.”

Stepping up to the bridge, you are startled by the sight that greets you and recoil backwards, nearly tripping down the stairs. A figure, dressed in the unmistakable colours of a top officer, lay motionless on the floor

Chimera,
neutral survivor
, was killed Night 0.

“None of the airlocks have been opened, nor have any of the escape pods been used. Whoever is responsible for this is still on board. And is likely the one to have overridden the stasis cells,” said one of the people. “How they initially got out we may never know. We have searched the ship. I was the third one to arrive here, and since then we have been methodically seeking out other survivors. We have been through every stasis chamber and now all open cells are accounted for here. Fourteen open, thirteen of us alive and one not quite so alive. Again, we don't know how, but we do know that he, she, or they, are among us.”

Day 1 has started!
Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-08 14:40:00)

Votecount 1.1

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Not voting--raspberrylicious, Arugula, andrew94, TeCHNoWC, BwBurke, LlamaFluff, Venmar, BK201, Kassadin, The1fifi, LowMan, Thomith, Nachomamma8
Last edited by Chimera on Fri May 18, 2012 7:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Show

Just slightly V/LA now.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Venmar »

Since the thread is unlocked and Chimera above announced the game started and gave us some flavor, i will start off?

Okay, so welcome to the game everyone!
Pleasure to be playing with y’all and i hope to have a great game.

To start things off, i will just present you all with a small array of questions. It is not mandatory for you to answer them, but it is something to get us started i suppose? Again, you do not have to answer these, but they are something to start off with.

1) Do you prefer playing as town, scum or third party?
2) How many games have you played so far on this site?
3) How do you feel about lurking, active lurking, and lying? Assume you don’t know the reason for any of these.
4) What role do you like to or want to play as the most?
5) Coke or Pepsi?
6) DC Comics or Marvel?

-----
Here are my answers.

1) I like third party, but i have never played as such yet. Until i do i prefer to play as town.
2) I have 1 finished through getting lynch, playing in two others including this one.
3) I do not support any of the three. I feel like they withhold information from the town and generally are fairly anti-town. Lying however can prove to be good as long the user of this tactic is town and the towns benefit is in their best interest.
4) Serial Killer. Sounds much more fun to be a lone wolf trying to blend in as a town while secretly wanting to kill off both sides. Regardless of how hard it is to win as one.
5) Coke, of course.
6) DC Comics

-----

Heres my first vote.
Vote: BK-201

Because i can. Friend.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Thomith »

VOTE: rasp
you are obviously scum as you think you are superior by being on the top of the list.

scum, prefer being the informed minority

i'm not counting, about maybe 20 though

3) How do you feel about lurking, active lurking, and lying? Assume you don’t know the reason for any of these.
lurking i don't find scummy, active lurking on the other hand i do find scummy, and lying is just ugh if i don't know the reason

i like any kind of investigative role town or scum

5) Coke or Pepsi?
coke...

6) DC Comics or Marvel?
Marvel...

any reasons for the last two questions? if you want everyone to answer first i understand as long as you answer eventually.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Venmar »

No reason. Just some random questions i came up on the spot on the end.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am

Post by Thomith »

hm, was thinking you were reaction testing but i guess i was wrong then.

Chimera
Chimera
Goon
Chimera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am

Post by Chimera »

Votecount 1.2

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-08 14:40:00)

BK201 (1) -- Venmar
raspberrylicous (1) -- Thomith

Not voting--raspberrylicious, Arugula, andrew94, TeCHNoWC, BwBurke, LlamaFluff, BK201, Kassadin, The1fifi, LowMan, Nachomamma8
Last edited by Chimera on Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Just slightly V/LA now.

LowMan
LowMan
Townie
LowMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 am

Post by LowMan »

VOTE: BwBurke
For not confirming yet.

5) Coke or Pepsi?
6) DC Comics or Marvel?

1) Town
2) None yet on this name. Five completed games, plus a few I replaced out of, on a different ID here on MS.
3) Lurking is okay until it gets to the point where it's hurting scumhunting. I've seen scum win games by lurking. Lying is a different and more complex issue...
4) Town Cop
5) Both, depends on my mood at the time.
6) DC, my favorites growing up were Superman and Batman
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 am

Post by BK201 »

1) Do you prefer playing as town, scum or third party? Third party.
2) How many games have you played so far on this site? 1 completed game.
3) How do you feel about lurking, active lurking, and lying? Assume you don’t know the reason for any of these. lurking is annoying, active lurking is scummy, and I am fond of "lynch all liars".
4) What role do you like to or want to play as the most? VT, takes the most skill, and provides the best challenge.
5) Coke or Pepsi? Water
6) DC Comics or Marvel? Marvel I guess.

VOTE: Kassadin yup.
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 am

Post by BK201 »

oh forgot about SK. SK is my favorite :)
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
raspberrylicious
raspberrylicious
Townie
raspberrylicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:04 am

Post by raspberrylicious »

In post 5, Venmar wrote:1) Do you prefer playing as town, scum or third party?
5) Coke or Pepsi?
6) DC Comics or Marvel?

1. Third party is a treat, but scum is my favorite.
2. Open 392, Open 397, Open 400.1
3. Lying is inexcusable. Active lurking is acceptable, but could be scummy depending on the person's track record.
4. Serial killer (vigilante). A night one.
5. Pepsi
6. Marvel, easily.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Venmar

Not random.

Not answering questions.

Tracker/Vig you should be taking tracker tonight, I know that what im taking if I got it. Vig has a extremely high chance of killing hider. I mean really, assume VT lynch for simplicity and vig kills VT, hider dies behind all scum, vig, and both NKs for six of eleven possible targets resulting in death. Besides, tracker is useful for partial confirms.

Venmar wagon should happen now.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:27 am

Post by BK201 »

also, as the vig you may confuse our detective/psychologist. Tracker is a great role anyways.
LowMan
LowMan
Townie
LowMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 am

Post by LowMan »

Unvote, Vote: LlamaFluff

PL time.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Venmar »

Your justification for a wagon on me is because i made two non mafia related questions? I honestly did make those at random. I find your argument invalid for a wagon.

I agree however with the tracker/vigilante choosing this night. Tracker will benefit the town much more as the Vig has too much risk of killing friendlies, as well as the hider.

Unvote

Vote: LlamaFluff [/]

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Venmar »

Ughh...

Vote: LlamaFluff

BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 am

Post by BK201 »

In post 16, LowMan wrote:
Unvote, Vote: LlamaFluff

PL time.
if we're PLing anyone it's Kassadin for his 'no talk' meta.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am

Post by Thomith »

i don't see how llama not answer questions = instant policy, is it really that much of a scumtell if the questions really aren't game related and have no reason to be there?

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 17, Venmar wrote:Your justification for a wagon on me is because i made two non mafia related questions? I honestly did make those at random. I find your argument invalid for a wagon.

Well lets break it down

1) Adds nothing but possibly WIFOM to the game
2) Somewhat useful but is not really indicative of skill, there are raw newbies who I see as better than some vets
3) Only benifits scum since they know how everyone responds to lurkers/etc
4) Useless and possibly WIFOM again
5) Useless
6) Useless

So you asked questions that add noise, WIFOM and actually aid scum. So yes its where I want a wagon going right now. RQS is scummy to anti-town always because it adds nothing but potential for noise, slipping info and getting into theory debates but one of your questions actively aids scum if it gets answered.
Co-host of The USL Show
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 am

Post by BK201 »

In post 21, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 17, Venmar wrote:Your justification for a wagon on me is because i made two non mafia related questions? I honestly did make those at random. I find your argument invalid for a wagon.

Well lets break it down

Agree with point 3, but still not lynch worthy.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:52 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 22, BK201 wrote:
In post 21, LlamaFluff wrote:

Well lets break it down

Agree with point 3, but still not lynch worthy.

If you agree why did you answer it?
Co-host of The USL Show
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 am

Post by BK201 »

back to Tracker>Vigilante in this set-up; you can also conf scum when person they visit turns up dead, and conf town on the two pwr roles when people don't end up dead.

P-Edit: b/c I didn't think about it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”