Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

The New Open 443 (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Maestro »

Open 443: Attack on the Ice Cream Convention!

In a bustling town on the coast of a far away country, a wondrous convention is being held! Every year, enthusiasts of every kind of icy, creamy dessert come from miles around just to participate in the town's Ice Cream Convention! The festivities are always a blast: from "Bobbing for Ice Cream Cones" to Ice Cream-themed game booths and rides, everybody always has the time of their lives! Many of the more enthusiastic participants even dress up in giant costumes mimicking their favorite variation of the illustrious "Dessert of Honor." It's always a happy, positive, fattening experience for all involved. Why, the last time anything even remotely unpleasant happened at this occasion of sugary goodness and kind-heartedness was when a European couple came dressed as a Gelato and a Sherbet...they were promptly thrown off a nearby cliff for what was seen by the town as sacrilegious lactose intolerance.

But all that is about to change. This year at the Ice Cream Convention, there's already been one murder and you know there will be more.

Maestro Mod - Melted Pregame

Several members of the European Mafia have come to the city and might be planning on exacting a bloody vengeance on the town for the murder of their Gelato-loving comrade and his wife. Meanwhile, the howls from a nearby forest alert the Townspeople gathered at the convention that an ancient sect of Ice Cream-loving Werewolves has also set its sights on the Convention, and might be closing in. In fear of these Werewolves, the Townspeople tried to lockdown the fairgrounds until the danger passed, but a few Werewolves and Mafiosi might've made it inside the perimeter, along with the Town Cop and a local Seer. Everybody's there, hiding right in the middle of an entire town full of innocent people. For the few people left at the Convention, a fearful Day dawns. All dressed in stark-white Vanilla Ice Cream costumes, they slowly begin to debate amongst themselves who must stay and who must go, as the sun climbs higher and higher into the sky...

Current Information:

Spoiler: Still at the Convention (Alive)
Whiskers
Siveure DtTrikyp
Om of the Nom

Spoiler: Thrown off the Nearby Cliff or Shot or Mauled to Death (Lynched/Killed)
Mehdi2277
Greywing
-
Mafia Goon
- lynched Day 1.
TeChNoWC -
Town Cop
- killed Night 1.
drmyshotgun -
Vanilla Townie
- lynched Day 2.
Eidolon
rapidcanyon
jamestfox
-
Town Seer
- killed Night 2.
Malakittens -
Vanilla Townie
- lynched Day 3.

Spoiler: Melted Instantaneously by the Sun (Modkilled)
Nobody here...for which you all are damn lucky and you know why. :evil:

This game uses the Carbon-14 Open Setup. Please refer to the link for any questions.

The Rules:

Adapted from Nobody Special.

General Rules

[1] This is a game on an internet forum; please treat it as such. Stay civil and refrain from (exceedingly) personal attacks on other players.
[2] I, as Mod, have final say on everything. Everything. But…if I make a mistake, please send me a PM. VoteCount mistakes can be pointed out in the thread.
[3] Anything in the thread that you wish to draw my attention to should be bolded, like so.
@Mod
or
@Maestro: blah blah blah
[4] You may not talk about this game outside of this thread except when and where your Role PM specifically allows you to do so.
[5] You may not talk about other ongoing games inside of this thread.
NO EXCEPTIONS
. I will enforce this rule after 1 warning for the entire playerlist. After this warning, perpetrators will be Melted (Modkilled).
[6]
Indigo
is my color. Do not use it, or it will considered impersonating the Mod. I will Melt you for this after 1 warning; yes I'm possessive of my color.
[6.5] Posting in other colors is encouraged. I like colorful games
but
not
too
col
or
ful

[7] Do not quote your Role PM or any other official communication from me.
[8] Do not post any tiny, invisible, or encrypted text. This includes font sizes too small to see with the naked eye and any kind of cipher. (PM me for any individual concerns with this and any other rules or post a question in-thread if you believe the entire player list would benefit from the answer.)
[9] I will post VC's no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity and I haven't posted a VC, feel free to send me a PM or a bolded post in-thread to request one.
[10] There is no rule 10. There was at one point, but it Melted. Let this be a warning to you all.
[11] If you somehow have the ability to edit your posts, don't do it. I will Melt you.

Player Activity

[12] Prods will be sent after 48 hours of inactivity. Weekends are counted as 24 hours for reasons that should be self-explanatory. If someone needs to be prodded and I have not notified the thread that this has occurred, you may double-check with me/request one by sending me a PM or a bolded post in-thread.
[12.5] Do not ask for prods before the official 48-hour mark if you do not want to receive an angry, in-thread reply post from me.
[13] If you require a 1st prod you must respond in-thread within 48 hours before I start searching for a replacement. If you require a 2nd prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before I start searching for a replacement. If you require a 3rd prod, I will start searching for replacement immediately.
[14] Votes
MUST
be tagged and
MUST
be at the beginning of the line. (This makes it easier for everybody, trust me.) I will send out reminders/warnings for votes that are not specifically tagged as such during Day 1, but I will not do so after that point. Any votes that are not specifically tagged after Night 1 will not be counted.

Deadlines

[15] Days will have a
3 WEEK
deadline. Extensions will only be granted in extreme circumstances. (See below.)
[16] If activity lags severely (e.g. mass prod of more than 4 people in 1 real-life day), I reserve the right to shorten the deadline for the current Day. I will not make this modified deadline sooner than 96 hours from when I notify players of this change, so you will have at least 4 real-life days in which to post from when I notify you of the modified deadline. (PM me for any individual concerns with this and any other rules or post a question in-thread if you believe the entire player list would benefit from the answer.)
[16.5] If the situation would require a 2nd deadline extension at any point in the game, I will automatically end the day with a No Lynch or a Lynch of the current player with the most Votes, depending on my mood. I will give all players a 24-hour warning by PM and post in-thread if this is ever imminent, but I expect it will not be.
[17] Night deadlines will be
EXACTLY
72 hours (3 real-life days). Do not ask for a shorter or longer night phase. All actions not submitted by this deadline will either be appropriately randomized or left unused, depending on my mood.

Lynching and Death

[18] No Lynch requires a majority vote from living players.
[19] Lynching requires a majority vote from living players. Every VC will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
[20] If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be No Lynch. This situation is differentiated from the situation in 16 and 16.5 in that activity has not lagged and there is no specific reason for a deadline extension - which there shouldn't be.
[21] Once a Lynch has been reached, the game moves to Twilight. All living players may talk until I post the death scene/Roleflip and lock the thread.
[22] If you are Night-Killed (NKed), you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post at the beginning of the next day. This post should not contain any game-related content, but you will receive bonus points if your post is creative and/or contains humorous images or videos.
Extra
bonus points for flavor-related "Bah!" posts.

Miscellaneous

[23] I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes will be clearly announced by a post in-thread and via PM.
[24] Do not admit to not having read The Rules. The Rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them. There will be a quiz later…
[25] Remember to have fun. I'm serious.
Have fun or be Melted.

I had to rewrite that whole post from scratch because I accidentally deleted my Post 0 from the other thread...kill me now...

SPECIAL NOTE: Several players have asked that the previous iteration of this game not be mentioned and that all content from it be disregarded. Because the Roles have been reset, I'm inclined to say that this should be common sense since nothing gleaned from the other thread could have any validity here except by coincidence. My final word on any and all subjects mentioned in or being part of the old thread is that you are free to decide for yourself what to do and what not to do in this game. I will inflict no punishments or take any such action for anything other than what is explicitly stated above. I apologize for any inconvenience or oversight; that is all I have to say about the matter.
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Maestro »

Reset Role PM's will be sent out momentarily.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

/confirm
Beating the mod again >:D

Huh?
Last edited by Maestro on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

/confirm
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Maestro »

You all know the drill, once we get 5/7 Day 1 will dawn...again...
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

/confirm

and still wanting no lynches, target directing and hypoclaims.
"TeCh was a textbook pro-town obv town all-around town townie.
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
"Techno played a hell of a scum game, one of my best newbie scum players" bv310
"Tech, you carried my fat ass, that Vig shot took more balls then I had" AP
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

/confirm
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Maestro »

Waiting for re-confirmation from jamestfox, Greywing, and/or Whiskers. I will start searching for a replacement for jamestfox.
The other two have (expired on 2012-08-21 15:00:00) to respond in-thread.
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Whiskers »

/confirm.
That makes five, which means
Vote: Malakittens
for inactivity last game.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Maestro »

I hate to have to do this since I know him IRL but...

jamestfox is hereby replaced by rapidcanyon effective immediately.
Welcome him to the dawning of a new Day 1!

Day 1 : Current VC #1.00

rapidcanyon [0]
Whiskers [0]
Greywing [0]
Om of the Nom [0]
Malakittens [1] Whiskers
drmyshotgun [0]
TeChNoWC [0]

Not voting: jamestfox, Greywing, Om of the Nom, Malakittens, drmyshotgun, TeChNoWC
With [7] alive it takes [4] to Lynch.
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

/confirm
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I'm sorry Whiskers, but RL comes before MS.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

A quick glance over the cancelled game shows that drmyshotgun ruined it - or at least that is the way it seems to me.

VOTE: Vote drmy for policy lynch.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Hmm, I thought that game was to be deleted.
If you are going to bring up that game, I'm going to get out of here.
And you calling me specifically as the person who ruined it is exceedingly bad taste of you on how to start this game.
My GTKAS!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Even as a joke, I'm taking it quite seriously and I doubt that you meant that as a joke.
If you are going to PL me, I'd rather get out of this game since all you have against me is my username.

Meanwhile:
VOTE: Malakittens
No RVS from you? Hodge-podge excuse making?
Apologetic when not required?
My GTKAS!
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Greywing »

/confirm

VOTE: rapidcanyon

The last game was ruined due to a combination of things, including things I did. Attempting to place the blame on one person is terrible, and your attempt at a policy lynch gives me scum vibes already.

Anyways, that game is deleted, and so this is the last time I'll mention it.
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

I have played a lot of mafia before and the one thing I hate more than anything else is when players try to break the game and do not play it in the spirit of the game. This is aggravating both for the players as well as the mod.

In the cancelled game, Maestro had clearly mentioned that he doesn't appreciate people using breaking strategies. Yet Drmy continued to use strategies to "mod-confirm" players and continued in that vein until the game had to end.

Also, I have a pet-peeve for people who troll mafia forums/don't intend to play seriously. That is why I suggested policy-lynching Drmy.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Huh, I was under the impression that you were joking about the policy lynch.
"Oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder," right? So let me respond to it now that I know your intentions:
No.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Obviously, some players are divided on exactly what caused the last game to fall apart. I didn't play the last game. My vote is more of a personality thing. If you are known for ruining mafia games, I will support your lynch regardless of your alignment because you are not a good addition to the game.

If the majority of the players are willing to play the game with Drmy, I guess we can allow him to play. It depends on how the others see it.

I'd like everyone to answer the following questions:

1) What was the reason for the previous game falling apart?

2) Who were the two players who were modkilled?

3) In your opinion, who was responsible for the state of that game?

Everything else I am willing to allow, but I would point out that these exact questions are things which have no relevance to this game. I have taken all blame for the situation that occurred in the last iteration of this game. Only I know the players that would've been Modkilled. Please do not continue this line of questioning, it is not "in the spirit of the game."

If we are all agreed that drmy is the one responsible for ruining the game as well as general troll-like behavior that he committed in that game, there is no reason to allow him to play another game and put up with such behavior (game breaking, trolling). At that point, I would suggest policy-lynching.

If everyone else agrees that drmy is a valuable contributor to this site and is in no way responsible for ruining the past game, I will withdraw my vote and settle for having minimal contact with the offender.
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

@Whiskers: Mala's reaction is scum, no?
My GTKAS!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

How is canyon rapid?
My GTKAS!
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

What is the deal with drmy? Is he a legit player or just someone who trolls this site?

"How is canyon rapid?" I don't even...

It is a screenname. They don't necessarily have to make grammatical sense.

I have a low tolerance to trolling and non-serious posts. I am half-considering replacing out but I don't want to since I just told Maestro I'll play this game and committed to it.

I'll wait to hear from the others about drmy.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Greywing »

Look, I don't like DMS either, I've made that clear. A policy lynch in a game involving 7 players is a terrible idea however, no matter how bad the player in question may be. So no, I am adamantly opposed to this.
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
: 0-0
Overall