Vanilla Townie
, was lynched D3.
Malakittens,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed N3.
tAJUN,
Vanilla Townie
[/color[, was lynched D4

Spoiler: Rules (Stolen from Rhinox with modifications who stole from Faraday with some modifications who stole them from Hoopla with some modifications):
> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Voidedmafia
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The vote tags are also appropriate for voting.
5a) Broken bold tags won't count. Mispellings or shortened names are ok as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you're voting, it won't count.
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.
6) Unvotes aren't necessary before placing a new vote. However, unvotes are necessary if you want to completely remove your vote. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes - a majority (for example, if there's 5 people left, there needs to be 3 votes to lynch someone; if there's 4 left, there still needs to be 3). When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If at least 50% of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch (if there are 5 people left in the game, 3 need to vote for a no-lynch; if 4 are left, 2 need to).
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. You are allowed one more post WITHOUT information in it. Something like saying "Darn, I was NKed!" is fine.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 72 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you (up to 3-4 times) I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too if they haven't posted within 48 hours. I'm human and I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
13) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks, except day 1 which will have a 3 week deadline.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
15) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. The night scene may not exactly be up after 72 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.

> Other Information

17)
These are my colours and font I will use for modly purposes. All other colors except that used by my co-mod (if there is one) are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself, just don't post a rainbow.

18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully once a page on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will end your existence. Yes that means modkill.
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
21) No cryptography., not even for injokes. Do it once, and you'll get an in-thread warning. Do it twice, and it's instant mod-killing.
22)
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO SEE (V/LAs, VC or replacement requests), BOLD IT!

23) For Hydras: I expect you to post in your hydra account AT ALL POSSIBLE TIMES. I understand that there will be slip-ups and you'll post outside of it, but I expect that such instances to be EBWOP'ed into the hydra ASAP. If one side of a hydra posts outside of the hydra for a sufficient amount of posts/time without any prior reasoning, that head will be force-replaced without question.
24) (This is for replacements)
IF YOU ARE REPLACING SOMEONE, DO NOT POST IN THREAD UNTIL I HAVE RECIEVED YOUR CONFIRMATION PM AND HAVE CONFIRMED IN-THREAD THAT YOU HAVE REPLACED IN! This will not only cut down on any potential confusion, but will also help me keep things running smoothly.
25) Have fun
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14 am, edited 15 times in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

This Open game is called Switch mafia, based on the criteria described in this wiki link.

Notable rules involving this theme:
This game has a nightstart.
Mafia have specific switches for specific roles. A Mafia doc Switch can only switch the Doctor on and off, same with the cop and vig.
If the doc, vig, or cop are switched "on", they may use their ability that night. if they are switched "off", they may not use their ability at night (if applicable, you will get no result).
The SK may choose one of NK immunity (unable to be killed by the Factional NK) or Vig/Cop immunity (cannot be killed by the vig or investigated by the cop).
The SK also may switch any of the town PRs. This also means that he may switch as many or as little as he likes--as much as all three PRs or as little as none, or a mix of one or two of them. Note that the SK's switch occurs AFTER the Mafia switch (if it is applied).
Any Mafia cannot both submit the factional NK and their switch on the same night.

These are all the base Role PMs that will be sent out. Other than certain inclusions of my own (such as my own confirmation requirement), these will be sent out effectively as is (any extra tags for color and bold omitted):

Spoiler: Role PMs

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Confirm via PM by restating your role.

Town Cop
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Cop.

Abilities:
Each night, you may attempt to investigate a player in the game. It's possible that you will not receive a result if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vigilante
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Vigilante.

Abilities:
Each night, you may to kill a player in the game. It's possible that your attempt will fail if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:

Town Doctor
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Doctor.

Abilities:
Each night, you may attempt to protect a player in the game. It's possible your protection will fail if you have been deactivated.

Win condition:

Mafia Cop Switch
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Cop Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Cop Switch: You may use the Cop Switch to deactivate the Cop. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:
You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Doctor Switch
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Doctor Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Doctor Switch: You may use the Doctor Switch to deactivate the Doctor. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:
You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Vig Switch
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Mafia Vig Switch, alon g with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Vig Switch: You may use the Vig Switch to deactivate the Vig. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Win condition:

Confirm via PM by restating your role

Serial Killer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Serial Killer.

Abilities:
Pregame you must choose to be either immune to the Mafia Nightkill OR be immune to Vig/Cop.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of any switch. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch.

Win condition:
You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Role PMs have been sent out! Night 0 will begin when 11-12/14 have confirmred!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

12/14 have confirmed, so night 0 has begun!

All actions must be sent in (expired on 2012-10-05 14:01:01), or by 1:00 PM on Octobor 4th.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Now, let's see who's...switches have been flipped.

Shamrock,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed N0.

Paschendale,
Town Doctor
, was killed N0.

Day 1 begins
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.00:

Not Voting - havingfitz, greygnarl, Potatouhou, malpascp, KrazyEyeKilla7, Siveure DtTrikyp, Tajun, andrew94, Malakittens, Daumis123, CarbonFiber, Hyperion

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no-lynch.

The deadline is in (expired on 2012-10-26 14:43:35), or by 1:45 PM on October 26th, 2012.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

Vote: Potatouhou

>.>
Daumis123
Daumis123
Goon
Daumis123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Daumis123 »

Well that's sad, doctor would have been great help.

Vote: Siveure DtTrikyp
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Tajun »

VOTE: Daumis123

Not buying the sadness.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Daumis123
Daumis123
Goon
Daumis123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 am

Post by Daumis123 »

No need to buy it, this day will end with my lynched, but I hope it will give information for townies.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 am

Post by Shamrock »

Whatttttttttttt :(

I guess I should feel flattered?
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

VOTE: Daumis123
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 am

Post by malpascp »

Ooh damn. I'm not sure if Daumis' lame posts are scummish or really just noob. Either way, some pressure is never bad

Vote: Daumis123
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:22 am

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: malpascp
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 am

Post by Potatouhou »

I think I'm getting the jist of this RVS.

VOTE: havingfitz
Daumis123
Daumis123
Goon
Daumis123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Daumis123 »

In post 12, malpascp wrote:Ooh damn. I'm not sure if Daumis' lame posts are scummish or really just noob. Either way, some pressure is never bad

Neither it's called sincerity.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 7, Daumis123 wrote:Well that's sad, doctor would have been great help.

Vote: Siveure DtTrikyp

obviouslly everyone who is town thinks this way, so this is just worthless.

Daumis123 wrote:No need to buy it, this day will end with my lynched, but I hope it will give information for townies.

So freaking dramatic. And also, the "I'ma townie" thing again.

I tell you, no normal player posts like this.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Malakittens »

What kind of RVS is this game elHydra?

---

@Daum:
It really depends on how someone looks at it. Yes, it's considered sincerity, but it can also be considered as scum-faking to look sad over the loss of the doctor. It's just it needs to be figured out why.

May I also ask what was the point of post #9? It feels as if you are trying to gain sympathy points with it. Doesn't sit well with me.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

HELL MAL. GTFO of my head. thanks.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 18, Malakittens wrote:HELL MAL. GTFO of my head. thanks.

Not so fast muhahaha. I'ma ninja now.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 17, Malakittens wrote:elHydra?

@all, do we have any hydras...or alts?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Potatouhou
Potatouhou
Goon
Potatouhou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Potatouhou »

I am a hydra.

@Mala: I meant it as a joke because for a moment there we were just voting whoever was above us.
Daumis123
Daumis123
Goon
Daumis123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Daumis123 »

So give some answers, i am the type of player that looks scum like no matter what( still don't know why it turns out like). And if I was a mafia, people, do you really I would be so dramatic? It puts to much attention to my so it wouldn't very smart.
KrazyEyeKilla7
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
KrazyEyeKilla7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am

Post by KrazyEyeKilla7 »

I haven't seen scummy behavior from you, daumis. So why bring up your scumread-meta when nobody has said you're being incredibly scummy?

VOTE: Daumis
Daumis123
Daumis123
Goon
Daumis123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Daumis123 »

So it would be clear when my role will be shown and you shall understand what have you done(tun tun tun taaaaan).

Return to “Completed Open Games”