Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 502 - Switch Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:34 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

W
elcome to
Open 502
an as yet untold tale of the hunt for evil and possibly androgynous big brother-esque
Switch Mafia
members in order to put an end to their dastardly ways in this imaginary futuristic dystopian reality...

…and an unmentioned third party member whom everyone is aware of yet choose not really to see mention-worthy within the title, due to the fact that the big brother-esque members continue unsuccessfully to cover up the existence of a former member turned rogue and the innocent survivors merely see such a member as another shade of evil not worth defining in more detail.

the hive mind
  1. Ankamius

2. Desperado
    MontyWhittaker

3. Dyslexicon

4. Elyse

5. enomis

6. Ms Marangal

7. mujie

8. mvmafia

9. notscience
    Kattaze

10. RachMarie

11. SafetyDance
    Mutleyddmc guille2015

12. TheIrishPope
    benhalkum

13. Wickedestjr
    MeowMix

14. yessiree
    Mac Viomi
(* = Prodded)
(Bolded = role confirmed)

survivors

Spoiler:
  1. Ankamius
  2. TheIrishPope
departed

Spoiler:
  1. Ms Marangal,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was killed Night 0
  2. mujie,
    Mafia Vigilante Switch
    , was killed Night 0
  3. mvmafia,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was lynched Day 1
  4. enomis,
    Town Doctor
    , was killed Night 1
  5. notscience,
    Serial Killer
    , was lynched Day 2
  6. Desperado,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was killed Night 2
  7. Dyslexicon,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was killed Night 2
  8. RachMarie,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was lynched Day 3
  9. Wickedestjr,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was killed Night 3
  10. Elyse,
    Mafia Cop Switch
    , was lynched Day 4
  11. yessiree,
    Town Cop
    , was killed Night 4
  12. SafetyDance,
    Mafia Doc Switch
    , was killed Night 4

events

Night 0
Day 1 begins : VC 1.1 : VC 1.2 : VC 1.3 : VC 1.4 : VC 1.5 : Mac replaces Viomi : VC 1.6 : VC 1.7 : game rules updated : VC 1.8 : VC 1.9 : VC 1.10 : VC 1.11 : VC 1.12 : VC 1.13 : Wickedestjr replaces MeowMix : VC 1.14 : VC 1.15 : VC 1.16 : deadline extension : VC 1.17 : VC 1.18 : VC 1.19 : VC 1.20 : Day 1 ends
Day 2 begins : VC 2.1 : VC 2.2 : VC 2.3 : VC 2.4 : Mutleyddmc replaces guille2015 : VC 2.5 : VC 2.6 : VC 2.7 : VC 2.8 : deadline suspended : VC 2.9 : notscience replaces Kattaze : VC 2.10 : deadline extension : VC 2.11 : Day 2 ends
Day 3 begins : VC 3.1 : SafetyDance replaces Mutleyddmc : VC 3.2 : VC 3.3 : VC 3.4 : VC 3.5 : yessiree replaces Mac : deadline extension : VC 3.6 : Day 3 ends
Day 4 begins : VC 4.1 : VC 4.2 : VC 4.3 : VC 4.4 : VC 4.5 : VC 4.6 : VC 4.7 : Day 4 ends
Endgame : awards/comments
Last edited by pieceofpecanpie on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:17 am, edited 108 times in total.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:35 am

here be the
rules
pilfered from Lord Mhork who begot them from Chevre and dastardly altered as is my wont

general stuff

Please, please,
please
follow this list. Any violation will be dealt with at my discretion, up to and including replacement or mod-kill.
- do not break any of the already established site-wide rules.
- do not have private conversations with other players, unless your Role allows you to. If you can, please post only in the provided QuickTopic, and nowhere else.
- do not post after your death, except for one allowed ‘Bah’ post which contains no game-related information (a nice idea may be a ‘Bah’ image to represent your in-game death-related feelings).
- do not post anything racist, inflammatory, hateful, etc. Be kind to your fellow players, attack the play not the person making it.
- do not post any small, invisible or encrypted text
- do not use
this color
(#FF8000), as it is what I’ll be using. Especially do not use it in an attempt to imitate me editing your post.
- on that note, don’t post anything I’ve privately sent you. That includes things that I didn’t really send you but you want it to look that way.
-
above all,
remember this is a game and have fun!

day

During the Day, all living players are allowed to discuss and vote. A Day may last no longer than 20 days. Day 1 will have the maximum length of time set while each subsequent Day will have a N+4 day deadline, where N is the number of players alive at the beginning of that Day. Extensions may be given if I find the circumstances to be reasonable.

voting

Votes are placed in the thread by posting a bolded “vote” followed by a username or by using VOTE: tags. The username need not be verbatim so long as it is clear which player you are voting for. You may remove your vote by posting a bolded “unvote” or by using UNVOTE: tags. You do not have to unvote before you vote for another player, but it is greatly appreciated. I will endeavour to regularly post a vote count, as I see fit.

lynches

When a majority of the living players vote for the same player – ie. half the playerlist (rounded down) plus 1 - that player is lynched, they will be eliminated from the game and their role will be revealed. If a majority is not reached by the deadline then there will be a no lynch that day.

twilight

The time between the casting of the lynching vote and the announcement of Night is known as Twilight. During this time, all living players may talk, even the one to be lynched, however no votes or unvotes will be counted.
Note:
Please do not reveal endgame before me, it’s bad etiquette.

no-lynch

One may also place a bolded “no lynch” vote. When a majority of the living players vote No Lynch the game will progress immediately to night. If a deadline is reached without a majority vote a No Lynch will also occur.

night

This game will begin at Night.
During the Night, any player who has a Night Action should send in their choice. If they fail to do so and their action is compulsory their choice will be randomised, otherwise it will be skipped. All nights will last approximately 48 hours.

activity

If you know of any upcoming times you will be unable to post then please either announce your V/LA in the thread or notify me via Private Message. Declared absences are okay, but if it’s longer than a week or affecting gameplay I will most likely replace you. If a player fails to post for 48 hours I will prod them via Private Message. If they fail to post in the 24 hours following their prod, they will be replaced. After the first prod, further prods will be issued every 24 hours and follow a ‘3 strikes and you’re out’ model.
Note:
The number of prods received will reset each Day, but the length of time between issuing further prods will be as I see fit.

here be the

I am your moderator. Feel free to contact me by in-thread post (@Mod) or PM if you have questions, comments, complaints or feedback. I reserve the right to modify these rules; however, if I do, I will notify you in thread.

Remember that I, albeit a delicious piece of pecan pie, am not infallible. If you spot an error in, say, a Vote Count, please contact me so that I can fix it.
Last edited by pieceofpecanpie on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:35 am

Roles
1 Mafia Cop Switch
1 Mafia Doc Switch
1 Mafia Vig Switch

1 Serial Killer (with Mafia NK Immunity OR Vig/Cop Immunity)

1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Vigilante
7 Vanilla Townies

For your considerationThis Open game follows the Switch set-up and criteria.

Take note, it is a Night start.

Each Night, the town powerroles are active pending a player "switching" them off eg. the Mafia Cop Switch may switch off the Cop

The Serial Killer may reverse the state of any combination of the switches.

An individual mafia member may not submit the factional kill AND deactivate a switch on the same night.

Spoiler: Role Samples
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the
Mafia Cop Switch
, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Cop Switch: You may use the Cop Switch to deactivate the Cop (it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision).
Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Mafia Doctor Switch
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Doctor Switch: You may use the Doctor Switch to deactivate the Doctor (it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision).
Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Mafia Vig Switch
Abilities:

Vig Switch: You may use the Vig Switch to deactivate the Vig (it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision).
Win condition:

Serial Killer
Abilities:

Pregame you must choose to be either immune to the Mafia Nightkill OR be immune to Vig/Cop.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of any switch. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch.
Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Welcome, [Player Name], you are the
Town Cop
Abilities:

Each night, you may attempt to investigate a player in the game. It's possible that you will not receive a result if you have been deactivated.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Town Doctor
Abilities:

Each night, you may attempt to protect a player in the game. It's possible your protection will fail if you have been deactivated.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Town Vigilante
Abilities:

Each night, you may kill a player in the game. It's possible that your attempt will fail if you have been deactivated.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
Vanilla Townie
Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:

Last edited by pieceofpecanpie on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:35 am

Night 0
I
t is the distant future, a dystopian and bleak looking future version of our planet. Just imagine you’re watching a Ridley Scott film (preferably Blade Runner) and I won’t have to labour over this smattering of flavour too heavily.

Having craved it for so long humans have finally evolved that extra sense we always dreamed about: telepathy. Unfortunately humans hadn’t taken the time to outgrow those slightly older traits like manipulation, deceptiveness and sociopathic lust for power and control. Thus unseen and powerful rulers gathered people together into small and manageable colonies – or hives – allowing them to harness these enslaved souls underdeveloped yet pure telepathic abilities to help them expand some sort of empire or trade spices or [insert necessary evil protagonist motivation here].

For the rulers to maintain a sense of control and order these hives were most likely arranged in large networked buildings, most likely painted a bright and sterile white, and removed from the dark fire-effect-ridden and flying-car beams through night sky stylisations (remember we’re channelling Blade Runner here) contained in the dysfunctional dystopian outer world. The members of these hives were also most likely shaved bald and dressed in uniform genderless clothing, perhaps the same sterile white as the building, or even a slightly flashy military grey. There would probably be more androgyny present than David Bowie in his heyday, or in George Lucas’ early film Thx 1138. Also present would be a number of androgynous evil henchme-uhhh-thingies, planted there by the ruler, as another means of maintaining control.

Although I’m sure there were several rulers present on our future planet, each vying for more greatness than the last, they would all understand one thing: telepathy was a powerful tool for gaining said power, yet the hive minds were only ever a short step away from reaching a level of self-awareness that would prove beyond their control. There was every chance the hives could prove to be a rulers undoing. Not to mention androgynous evil henchthingies going rogue whom we shan’t even mention.

Humans were still curious creatures at heart, no matter how minimally furnished or white their surroundings were, and knowledge was still power (especially when combined with extra sensory perception). There was every chance a hive mind could uncover the moles planted amongst them, overthrow them and from there, well… They’d probably show those uncouth and minimalist rulers a thing or two about warm colour palettes and spring fashion wear.

The deadline for Night 0 is June 7th at 22:00 GMT+10, which is in (expired on 2013-06-07 23:00:00)

mod notes

benhalkum and MontyWhittaker have 24 hours to confirm, or they will be force-replaced.

It's taken me this long to realise I wrote "Roll PM" instead of "Role PM"... :facepalm: I blame it being 5am when I wrote them

Searching for replacements for benhalkum and MontyWhittaker
It's a bit earlier than 24 hours, but I want any replacements to still have plenty of time to submit a night action, regardless of whether or not they have one.

Desperado replaces MontyWhittaker.
TheIrishPope replaces benhalkum.

Thank you very much to both these players.
Deadline remains unchanged thanks to the smooth replacement.

At this stage Day 1 will begin a bit before the deadline (by about 5 hours). Get excited!

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Day 1
H
aving established an iconic and extremely original futuristic concept, our story-telling camera now zooms itself through the catacombs of endless drab white corridors within one of these buildings. This is a building controlled by one of those previously mentioned spice-y empire-obsessed rulers and is indeed utilised for housing countless colonies of hive minds. Our camera - for convenient reasons - finally settles its view on a vast windowless blast door, which has large writing plastered across it stating: HIVE #502.

Behind this reinforced door lie a few interconnected rooms, minimally yet efficiently furnished, which represent the living, sleeping and entire livelihood for that matter of little over a dozen minds held captive in order to exploit their underdeveloped extra-sensory telekinetic powers. We already know that planted amongst these minds are a number of androgynous evil hench-thingies, put there to maintain control and order, and within HIVE #502 there’s even an androgynous evil henchthingy gone rogue whom we shan’t mention. Another thing unique to HIVE #502 is that control and order were fast beginning to slip from the hench-thingies clutches. The minds, perhaps as a result of being given flashy military grey genderless uniforms instead of sterile white, were beginning to ask questions. They were probing both outwards to seek knowledge and inwards to discover greater strength in their powers.

The androgynous hench-thingies were worried although, possibly through the help of botox injections, their faces still bore a largely neutral and slightly girl-boyish expression. However, they were collectively scheming ways to re-establish order. The ripples of inquisitiveness felt coming from the hive minds was extremely dangerous, HIVE #502 was nearing chaos, especially if these stronger minds were given a chance to organise themselves.

“No chances!” they screamed at one another that night. They were huddled over a tiny bench within the small kitchenette, which was separated from the sleeping quarters where the hive minds were – presumably - asleep.

“We must strike.”

Loosely summarised, their plan was to ‘cleanse’ key minds until order was regained. With any luck they’d also come across the former evil henchthingy gone rogue who had hidden his David Bowie-looking self somewhere amongst the hive mind and was probably doing some hideous thing, like making decisions and schemes completely independent of everyone else.

They were probably right.

Ms Marangal,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 0
mujie,
Mafia Vigilante Switch
, was killed Night 0
Last edited by pieceofpecanpie on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm

votecount 1.1Ankamius (0):
Desperado (0):
Dyslexicon (0):
Elyse (0):
enomis (0):
guille2015 (0):
Kattaze (0):
MeowMix (0):
mvmafia (0):
RachMarie (0):
TheIrishPope (0):
Viomi (0):

Not voting (12): Ankamius, Desperado, Dyslexicon, Elyse, enomis, guille2015, Kattaze, MeowMix, mvmafia, RachMarie, TheIrishPope, Viomi

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-27 18:00:00)

As far as dystopian future worlds, evil spice-y empire-obsessed rulers, androgyny or extra sensory telekinetic powers are concerned I'm happy to recommend the following:
- MOVIE:
Blade Runner
(1982) directed by Ridley Scott
- MUSIC:
Ziggy Stardust
(1972) by David Bowie

mod notes

I would like to change future Night deadlines from 72 hours to 48 hours, if anyone has objections to this please raise them in thread or PM me.
Otherwise at the end of Day 1 I will modify the rules to reflect this change.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Kattaze
Kattaze
Goon
Kattaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Kattaze »

Me first!

VOTE: Viomi

Their name is last in the alphabetized list which is clearly lurking!
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 6, Kattaze wrote:Me first!

VOTE: Viomi

Their name is last in the alphabetized list which is clearly lurking!
Hey cuntnugget, I'm the second poster, I wouldn't call that lurking.

VOTE: No-lynch
I don't know who's in this game cause I'm lazy -.-
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Post by enomis »

VOTE: mvmafia
Cuz mafia
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

WE GOT ONE
Hai hai
VOTE: RachMarie
I love RVS
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 am

Post by guille2015 »

Vote Desperado

Because I don't like Antonio Banderas.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 am

Post by enomis »

come to think of it. I hate lazy people.
VOTE: viomi
People sheep me. Lets get her out.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 am

Post by guille2015 »

I actually like this vote.

vote viomi
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Viomi »

God dammit all of you I was gonna be the sheep this game :<

VOTE: RachMarie
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Viomi »

And enomis HOW CAN YOU HATE LAZY PEOPLE AND THEN TELL PEOPLE TO SHEEP YOU?!
THAT'S LIKE

"I hate people who are racist, so only white people should help me out"
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:54 am

Post by Viomi »

Contradiction is a scum tell

VOTE: enomis

Go go go!
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 am

Post by enomis »

In post 15, Viomi wrote:Contradiction is a scum tell

Go go go!
Nope its not. I get you out first. Then i get the people who sheep me out. Its a way to find all the lazy people.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Desperado »

Vote: Viomi
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 16, enomis wrote:

Go go go!
Nope its not. I get you out first. Then i get the people who sheep me out. Its a way to find all the lazy people.
Well what's wrong with lazy people?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:34 am

Post by enomis »

In post 18, Viomi wrote:
In post 16, enomis wrote:

Go go go!
Well what's wrong with lazy people?
*Stumped* I got no answer. But we are still going through with the lynch. gogo. Four more votes.

MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 am

Post by MeowMix »

bienvenidos al juego! Estoy feliz de jugar

VOTE: Ankamus
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am

Post by enomis »

In post 20, MeowMix wrote:bienvenidos al juego! Estoy feliz de jugar

No foreign language is allowed. I can't understand it.

Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Viomi »

I was going to vote you, but then your name...
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 21, enomis wrote:

No foreign language is allowed. I can't understand it.
And mr. pedobear avatar, lazy people don't keep an eye on their kids ;) ;) ;)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: Desperado

Not random.

Return to “Completed Open Games”