Pronoun: He/Him

Open 527 - Hard Boiled: Dixon Hill's Maudlin Madness

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

Open 527 - Hard Boiled:
Dixon Hill's Maudlin Madness

Player List:

1. Trolling Fairy (Nachomamma8/Cabd)
2. Sound of Silence (fferyllt/GuyInFreezer)
3. Cephrir
4. Violent Saxophone (Mara/Majiffy)
5. Natirasha
6. Bert
Shodan (Xegarus/Bert)

7. BROseidon
8. SalmonellaDoctor (SalmonellaDreams/DoctorPepper)
9. TheIrishPope
10. notscience
11. 1baldeagle1
12. Cait Sith (Tammy/Malakittens)
13. Mac

Alive:

Spoiler:
3. Cephrir
4. Violent Saxophone
12. Cait Sith

Dead:

Spoiler:
10. notscience -
Vanilla Townie
-
Lynched Day 1!

11. 1baldeagle1 -
Town Psychologist
-
Killed Night 1!

13. Mac -
Town Hider
-
Killed Night 1!

5. Natirasha -
Mafia Goon
-
Lynched Day 2!

7. BROseidon -
Town Tracker
-
Killed Night 2!

1. Trolling Fairy -
Mafia Goon
-
Lynched Day 3!

2. Sound of Silence -
Vanilla Townie
-
Killed Night 3!

8. SalmonellaDoctor -
Vanilla Townie
-
Lynched Day 4!

6. Bert -
Vanilla Townie
-
Killed Night 4!

9. TheIrishPope -
Vanilla Townie
-
Killed Night 5!

Modkilled:

Spoiler:

Events:

Day 1 Begins
Votecount 1.2
Votecount 1.3
Votecount 1.4
Votecount 1.5
Votecount 1.6
Day 1 Lynch
Day 2 Begins
Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Begins
Votecount Shoodly Doodly
Votecount Oddsbodikins
Votecount Child,
Please

End of Day 3
Start of Day 4
Votecount Bob
Start of Day 5
Start of Day 6
Last edited by Syryana on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 am, edited 24 times in total.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Syryana »

Rules
(adapted from borkjerfkin, adapted from Quadz08)

General
  1. Site-wide rules, as always, apply here.
  2. I reserve the right to change any of the following rules at any time. I will also inform the players in thread and via PM in the unlikely scenario in which this is required.
  3. This list is not necessarily all-inclusive. If you're unsure whether or not something is allowed, please PM me about it.
  4. Disregarding the rules may result in consequences up to and including modkill and/or force-replacement.
  5. If you need to talk to me in thread,
    please use bold.
    Additionally, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
  6. Please do not use hidden or encrypted text.
  7. Play to win.
  8. Please treat your fellow players with respect. At the same time, please try not to take comments personally whenever possible.
  9. Please allow for your fellow players to go V/LA.
  10. Please keep me in the loop about your own V/LA status.
  11. Blue is my color. Please do not use blue.

12. Have Fun!
Gameplay
  1. The following vote formats are the de-facto standard on the site (aka votes should be enclosed with vote tags or bold tags. I don't care about caps/spelling/etc.)
    • VOTE: Syrlacious
    • Vote: Syrlacious
  2. Unvotes are
    not
    required.
  3. If it appears to be a vote for a player, I will treat it as a vote for a player. Please don't attempt to fool me or other players with regard to fake votes. Do not put votes in spoiler tags.
  4. A lynch is achieved when half plus one of the current number of living players are voting for the same player. If this does not occur by deadline, a No Lynch will occur -- there is no plurality lynch in this game.
  5. Twilight is the time between the 'hammer' vote being cast and the beginning of the night phase. All living players, including the most recent lynchee, may talk during this time.
  6. Players' alignments will be revealed on death.
  7. When killed, a player may make one informationless 'bah' post at the beginning of the next day phase and must be silent thereon until the conclusion of the game.
  8. Please submit all night actions either via <b> tags in your quicktopic if you have one, or by PM if you do not.
  9. If you have a night action and do not submit one, you will not take an action. I will not resolve your action on a random person.
  10. Role distribution is guaranteed to be random, determined with the aid of random.org
Deadlines
  1. Days will be exactly two weeks long. Extensions may be granted at my discretion for what I feel are extenuating circumstances.
  2. Nights will be exactly two days (48 hours) long.
  3. Players will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity during the day, excepting V/LA circumstances.
  4. Failure to pick up a prod in 24 hours will result in replacement. Asking for replacement will result in replacement.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Syryana »

Setup:

Hard Boiled
  • 3 Mafia Goons
  • 7 Vanilla Townies
  • 1 Tracker/Vigilante
  • 1 Hider
  • 1 Detective OR Psychologist (determined randomly)
The tracker/vigilante will decide which role he/she wants during the confirmation phase. Detective and Psychologist will be randomized before PMs are sent out.

Mafia

Welcome, X. You are a Mafia goon, along with Y and Z. You have the following abilities:

-Factional communication: You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.

-Factional kill: Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.

Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM by stating your role.

Townie

Welcome, X. You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities.

Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Tracker/Vigilante

Welcome, X. You are the Tracker/Vigilante. You have the following abilities:

-Decision: on night one, you must choose whether you want to be a tracker or a vigilante. You will remain this role for the duration of the game.

-Tracker: if you choose tracker on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me the name of someone who you want to track. I will return a PM telling you who that person targeted that night, or that they targeted no one.

-Vigilante: if you choose vigilante on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me a name of someone who you want to kill. That person will die, unless in some way protected.

Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Hider

Welcome, X. You are the hider. You have the following abilities:

-Hide: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or the vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or vigilante that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

Detective

Welcome, X. You are the detective. You have the following abilities:

-Investigation: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has killed another player at night on any night, including the night that your action was submitted.

Psychologist

Welcome, X. You are the psychologist. You have the following abilities:

-Diagnosis: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to diagnose. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has the capability to kill another player at night. If they have already killed another player, or kill another player on the night you diagnose them, they will lie to you so you will be told that they do not have the capability to kill.

Last edited by Syryana on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

A few pre-game announcements:
  • Nacho and Cabd have confirmed their hydra name, Trolling Fairy.
  • Bert has been replaced by Shodan, a hydra of Bert and Xegarus.
  • The pirate mollie half of macmollie has /outed, Mac is playing alone.
  • Role PMs will be going out shortly.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Syryana »

Cue mood musi-

Err...

Cue mood music~

"Are you sure you won't need your communicator, sir?" Will Riker asked.

"No, Number One, I'm getting the hell away from that... err... the inestimable Ms. Troi," Captain Picard muttered. "You of all people should understand I don't want her to have any way of tracking where I am. The world of Dixon Hill is the perfect place to escape to, and I even have Beverly and Mr. Data to accompany me. Take care of the ship while I'm gone."

"I'll do my best, sir. I'll have a chat with Deanna to see if we can get her mother off your back." Will smiled.

Captain Picard gave Riker a disgusted look and set off inside the holodeck without a further word. The doorway to the world of Dixon Hill opened with a hiss, and Captain Picard (now known as Detective Dixon Hill, Dix, and some other less complimentary names) entered San Francisco as it was in 1941.

"Hay Dix," Madeleine called as he stepped through the door. "Bout time you got back to the office. You've had quite a few callers. In fact, there's a couple in your office right now. Strange looking couple too; the lady's a lovely one and that fella said he was a South American, but I ain't never seen a South American lookin like that!"

"Quite all right Madeleine, I've been expecting them," Dixon Hill smiled.

"Whateva you say Dix. You should probably change outta that bellboy suit before you meet em, though. You been moonlighting again?"

Dixon gave a start; he'd been so intent on escaping Lwaxana he'd completely forgotten to change out of his StarFleet uniform before arriving in the holodeck. Fortunately he'd kept an extra suit and hat in the program ever since his first embarrassing entrance into his office. "Thank you Madeleine, I completely forgot to change out of this before coming in. I'll go get changed and then meet the clients in my office."

Moments later Dixon stood in his office, smiling at the occupants: Beverly Crusher and Commander Data. Both were, fortunately, dressed in the proper attire.

Image Image

"Beverly, you look lovely. Data, good of you to come, thank you."

"Not a problem Captain," Data said. "It is a most educational experience, coming to the holodeck and reliving these ancient times. In fact, the last occasion I employed the holodeck I recreated the-"

"Yes, thank you Data," Dixon cut him off. He had a case to solve, not sit here listening to Data prattle on all day. He'd take Troi over that. "And my name's Dixon Hill here. Remember it."

"Dixon, what's the agenda for this little outing today?" Beverly queried.

Dixon's eyes brightened, "Well, as to that, we're going to-" Hill cut short as a massive explosion rocked the building. Beverly fell to the floor with a cry as Data leapt to Dixon's side, preventing him from falling.

"What the devil was that?" Dixon demanded. "Computer, what was the source of that explosion just now? Computer? COMPUTER!" Dixon strode to the door, shouting "Arch! Exit! Open, damn you!" The wall remained ominously blank.

"Oh, don't tell me we're trapped in here again," Beverly wailed. "And I can't seem to get up, I don't know HOW people actually walked around in these wretched shoes!" She kicked off the high heels and got to her feet. "Much better. What's happening, Jean-Luc?"

"Damned if I have any idea! Does it look like I know any more than you, Beverly?!"

"Now now, don't shout at the ladies, Mr. Hill." Dixon whipped about at the sound of the all too familiar voice.

"James Moriarty! Is this your doing?" Hill demanded.

Moriarty buffed his fingernails on his vest. "If you mean the explosion, no. If you are referring to the chaos that is about to ensue, then yes." Moriarty smirked. "I do not believe you will be leaving this madhouse any time soon, Mr. Hill. You might wish you elsewhere, however." The smirk broadened to a malicious grin. "In fact, I guarantee it."

"You let us out of here this instant, Moriarty!" Hill raged. "Or so help me, you're never getting out of this simulation!"

"I see no reason to do any such thing, Mr. Hill. You see, you decided to leave me in here for eons, trapped in this neverending nightmare of a holodeck. I am about to give you a taste of my hell. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have; you will be here for a long, long time. In fact, I am going to enjoy every second of your anguish, every moment of your misery, every ASFVJZSDFMADHFAYHDNF" Moriarty's sentence became unintelligible as his image started to flicker, much like a viewer screen as it loses a signal. In moments Moriarty vanished, replaced by an extraordinarily oddly dressed man holding a scepter.

"Who the hell are you? Where did Moriarty go?"

"Why, he's right in front of you, you gorgeous gorgeous man. Jim Moriarty at your service. But you can call me Jim. I DO like you."

Data was the first to recover. "Why are you here, Jim? Where did Professor Moriarty go?"

The new Moriarty looked him up and down. "You're a rather odd looking one, but once you see past the green you're a knockout too. Oh, James always brings me the NICEST things! As for James, well, he realized that once you two got over your initial shock you might try to chase him down. He doesn't like being chased by men. Lucky for him, I do!" Moriarty let out an obscene giggle.

"Why would we chase you?" Data asked.

"Well, that might be a good reason," Jim pointed behind them at Beverly. What was left of Beverly. No words could precisely describe what had happened to her, but the end result was a lump of meat and viscera that looked as if it had been stuck in a blender. "Did I mention I don't like women that much?"

Dixon Hill lunged for the man, inarticulate with rage. Jim vanished as Hill's hands started to close about his neck. A whisper sounded in his ears: "Much as I like it rough, big boy, I like to play with my food before I eat it. Have fun in hell..."

Dixon stood, trembling head to toe. That bastard was going to pay for what he had done. Both of them would.

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:59 am

Post by Syryana »

Votecount 1.1Not Voting: ( 13 ): Trolling Fairy, Sound of Silence, Cephrir, Violent Saxophone, Natirasha, Shodan, BROseidon, SalmonellaDoctor, TheIrishPope, notscience, 1baldeagle1, Cait Sith, Mac

It is now Day 1.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-09-15 11:24:00)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: SD
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:03 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

I'm claiming now
I'm a VT
Anyone else who claims VT is added to my townblock
I love this playerlist
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:08 am

Post by notscience »

I claim VT

TIP SD is scum vote them with me
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:10 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

VOTE: salmonelladoctor
just the tIP
- Varsoon
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 am

Post by notscience »

In other news light townread on TIP
SalmonellaDoctor
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:12 am

Post by SalmonellaDoctor »

Aww, youre just mad cause I asked to hydra with SD Before you said yes to being Taskmaster again in a hard boiled :P

Okay, what does this do: I'm a VT.

VOTE: TIP

- DP
SalmonellaDoctor
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:13 am

ITT notscience continues his "tunnel DP" attitude which has only worked for him once
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 am

Post by notscience »

No I'm not mad

TIP vote is bad

And who knows, I might not tunnel you this game
SalmonellaDoctor
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:16 am

Its called a joke -__-
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:16 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

UNVOTE:
just the tIP
- Varsoon
SalmonellaDoctor
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
SalmonellaDoctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Why is my TIP vote bad?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Post by notscience »

THERE ARE NO JOKES IN MAFIA

Pedit

Because TIP is obvtown
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Sound of Silence »

hi guys
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

VOTE: TIP

Claiming already, eh?
You can find my meta on my wiki.
Shodan
Shodan
Townie
Shodan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Shodan »

WHY HELLO THERE LOVELIES

LET'S KICK SOME BIG BOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<33333333333333
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:18 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

Oh my god, this game is gonna be very active.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Bert <3
just the tIP
- Varsoon
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:20 am

Post by notscience »

Bert TIP is obvtown

Help get SD
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

Seriously considering a policy lynch on all hydras.

NS and TIP, why the early VT claim?

Return to “Completed Open Games”