Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also there is literally no reason to sheep nacho on heartless if you can make a scum case on them
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Heartless »

can anybody justify the "lurker" status PN seems to be enjoying right now? at 37 posts, they're the 5th (NUMBER FIVE) most active poster. that's the TOP HALF OF THIS GAME IN TERMS OF ACTIVITY, for those who are mathematically challenged.

bert's not lurking gaiden-style, just not here. he's here and posting. he's ACTIVE LURKING, which has a LOT more scum motivation. to look like he's participating when he's doing all of jack and shit and making crappy dappy passive-aggressive pot shots from the sidelines.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 576, Flubbernugget wrote:Also there is literally no reason to sheep nacho on heartless if you can make a scum case on them

you talk a big game.
but you seem to have trouble walking the walk.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

Beetlejuice
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:52 am

Post by vonflare »

Beetlejuice
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Heartless »

beetlejuice
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Heartless »

i'm pretty sure that's what you do to make michael keeton show up to punch bert in the face
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:57 am

Post by vonflare »

ITS SHOWTIME!
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Heartless »

new reads schematic for people who don't read paragraphs

town: deep-city-lights, Wanderer-nl, CB, pablito, West9
grey area conditional on julien flip / other stuff: vonflare [p. close to scummy], flubbernugget, enomis, redcoyote, maxwell
scummy: lucky, millar13

shoot pool (in order): Perpetual Nonsense, julien, Jeanne11
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

WE do hope that the person you want to be shot is on the left.
WE already know who WE will shoot if WE get the gun.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Heartless »

i call your bluff
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 11:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The gunbearer is dead. Long live the gunbearer.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by enomis »

@Wanderer:

I rethought my view on you. Plus nacho's townread on you. Plus my early townread on you.
In post 182, enomis wrote:Town:
(=ↀωↀ=)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The cat is you btw.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 576, Flubbernugget wrote:Also there is literally no reason to sheep nacho on heartless if you can make a scum case on them

Lolwut?

This really reads scum to me, Flubber. You want to try making your point again? This time, pretend to not gloss over the fundamental differences in the mechanics between this game and traditional Mafia.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Victor, I hope we get more from you. I see glimmers of good stuff, but I hope you plan on taking more of a leadership role.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by millar13 »

nacho did well for team green.
welp
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by CB »

Nachomamma8, gun-bearer, shot himself on Day1

:(

So, what about Wanderer's idea that all players should make their own referendum?

That probably wouldn't work. Scum have an easier time ignoring the person without the gun. Although I think her point about hiding stuff in walls has merit. If you suspect someone it would make sense to have it in a separate post. It would have more impact that way.

I pledge, here and now, that I won't shoot anyone on this list should I have the gun. I encourage the others on this list to do the same. Anyone on this list can quote me on that.

Nacho seems like a strong player but his reads were made without any flips. I don't think it is good town play to not reconsider at all as the game goes on. Nachos reads seemed to change quite a lot in a couple of pages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scum:Enomis, Vonflare, Jeanne, Julien
Town:Wanderer, Pablito

-I have removed Perpetual Nonsense from my town list. I gave them a weak town read on their posting style but I don't think I can keep that read at this stage of the game. They need to start providing serious content.
-I have added Jeanne too much lurking and the posts she had made seem a bit off to me.
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.
-I have added Pablito to my town list. He has pushed on people who he would never have pushed on if he were scum. (sheeping Nacho some here)
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Feirei replaces deep-city-lights. this is effective immediate
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Welcome, Feirei. Looking forward to hearing your take on the game so far.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Feirei »

Hi. Give me a bit to finish watching this baseball game and I'll catch up~
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Feirei »

Oh. Victor's here? Hope his shot hits right.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by pablito »

Welcome to the game Feirei!

I'm disappointed that Nacho didn't stick to his guns (pun not intended) and go for one of his two top prime targets. We didn't get much information beforehand on views on Victor except for a small few. That is after the moment when momentum on Lucky/RC started to wane. I intend to look at that information right now. I doubt it's going to give much. Unless Lucky or RedCoyote is a vengeful, there's likely not much action from mafia distracting from making those shots. As such, I don't think that looking at the counter-wagons is going to give us much information. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucky or RC is a goon, but ah well.

That being said, I'm not disappointed that Victor is the GB now. I think Victor can lead us to something good. Victor, please make your case known on how you would like your stint to go down. Let us know if you want votes, referenda, and/or discussion. Please let us know later on if you have a shortlist you'd like us to discuss. You don't have to reveal the names yet. I don't think it's a good idea if you do.

Regarding the referenda, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a concerted effort in the mafia thread to dethrone the referenda as a predominant force in this game. It's a bitch to enforce, a bitch to read through, and a bitch to participate in. But at the same time, it gives very little space for mafia to hide in, if town is participating in it. Defeatist players coming into D2 look scummy to me. This is why Heartless is getting a semi-town read coming into D2. Heartless was the most excited seeing a flip and took it and ran with it. I see it as Heartless either trying to take advantage and derail town, or using the time for legitimate scumhunting. I lean toward scumhunting. My two strongest town reads are Heartless and CB. No one else yet in my eyes is near confirmed town.

Victor in 508 wrote:@Pablito - So far you have described Lucky as super lurky and unhelpful. So why do you think Lucky is town?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucky is town. I don't think Lucky is town. I was really lazy and just going off of what Nacho said mostly, if I remember correctly. I don't have much of a read on Lucky. All I know is I asked Lucky a question a long time ago, but I never got a response. At this point, Lucky is not in my town-reads. Also, I don't remember saying Lucky was super lurky, but sure, sounds like something I would've said.

VOTE: enomis

In post 514, enomis wrote:Yea red i get you. I didn't expect this game to have no votes. I thought it would be voting in addition to gun. So it's like 2 person off every.
Now it's 18 person, 2 week deadline, no lynching, it just sucks. I am pretty much waiting for my gunbearer turn, if i get it.

I just saw the Victor's 455. Let's shoot Victor.
1) I don't mind the shot. Null read on him. I prefer Vic.
2) I think victor is scum, maxwell and wanderer is town. Red should be town too.

I think your readlist makes sense. Seems good.

enomis, start voting. It doesn't lead to a lynch, but I'd like to see your votes. If more people do it, it may start to mean something. I'm voting you to pressure you to vote. Honestly, if you don't start voting, I'd propose to never shooting you just to torture you in this game for not having anything to do. Eventually you'll have to do something to entertain yourself. I'm also voting you because in retrospect your post is the first to really start the wagon on Victor. RC started the vote, but you joined on, and 455 doesn't look like a bad post in retrospect. I'm noting right now, that if you are a goon, I wouldn't be surprised if your post points to Red, Maxwell or wanderer being a vengeful. Therefore, shooting enomis could give us information on Red and/or Maxwell.

In #519 Maxwell advocates for a vonflare shot instead of a Lucky shot. If Lucky flips goon, this could point to Maxwell being mafia as well.

In fact, re-reading pages 20 to end of D1, there's a lot of intentional distracting from the Lucky/RC pair being the main shots.

The third post advocating for a Victor gunshot is julien. This one comes out of nowhere as well. I am all for everyone piling on julien and seeing what we get.
FoS: julienvonwolfe

In post 566, RedCoyote wrote:
Nacho 547 wrote:People who I wouldn't shoot ever and strongly urge not to shoot ever:
CB, Pablito, Heartless, Wanderer, RedCoyote
(aka if 4 of these players never hold a gun you will win the game)

I pledge, here and now, that I won't shoot anyone on this list should I have the gun. I encourage the others on this list to do the same. Anyone on this list can quote me on that.

I can't make the full pledge at this point. I will say that as long as more than one vengeful exist, I can feel comfortable pledging to not shoot anyone on the above list. I'm still sussing out my full town-reads and yes you four are high up there, but I'm not betting the game on it yet. If there's only one vengeful left, I'm not pledging nothing - at that point the most towny-looking person could be the most likely vengeful alive. If I ever get the gun though, I'd doubt it'd be with only one vengeful left alive.

In post 567, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Not quoting because mobile and lazy but, RC, do you think Heartless is scum or not? In that post above, you say "when I thought you were scum" to Heartless, meaning you don't think he's scum. Then you pointed to one of Heartless' post and said that this was textbook scum behavior, to the point that you would use it as an example. And then you said you would never, ever shoot anyone on Nacho's list.

What I'm getting from this is that you are still scumreading Heartless, but have decided to trust Nacho's reads completely. Doesn't that ring badly to you?

Nacho was already wrong once. While that doesn't mean all of his reads are wrong, far from it, it does make me wonder why you are trusting him so much. You've been doing it all game and I honestly still don't understand.

Maxwell, that post reeks of full scumminess. You have been my #1 target to this point, and this point confirms it. I'm not ready for you to be shot yet though, because I don't think it's the right move at this time. You are trying to get us to disbelieve a dead gunbearer just because he made
one
wrong shot after he was lead off his own reads by others? To me, it wasn't necessarily a shot that was made to be certain that he was going to get a 99% mafia goon, it was a shot that was made with his best information at the time the gun was shot that would give us the best position moving into D2. I don't see RC as fully trusting Nacho. However, Nacho has made a potentially game-breaking strategy and I see RC as respecting a strategy that could potentially get us very far in the game. I see you as trying to reduce that strategy. Of course, I'd be biased about that strategy though because I'm on the list and you aren't.

I would like to nominate enomis, julien, lucky, and vonflare as potential shots for today.

I see millar and jeanne as potentially bored scum who have completely given up. But, if the name of the game is only getting rid of the vengeful and we don't have to worry about the overall number of mafia, then I don't think there's any downside to keeping them around and letting them lurk for the rest of the game, provided that they're not vengeful mafia. I don't see either of them as vengeful though. And they can always be a deadline-shot if needed. Having lurking scum gives us a better laser focus on the rest of the field. Too many players at this point anyway.

I would like to see a shot that would give us more information. I think after a second shot, there should be some real good scum reads afterward.
Sup, later.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

In post 532, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
@Julienvonwolfe
- So instead of trying to justify your Wanderer scumread your just going to sheep Nacho. That's weaksauce.

I can back a Julien shot as well at this point.

I did justify my Wanderer scumread. You're welcome to look it up.

Regarding Victor, since multiple people have commented - I read his 455 as a scumslip because only scum would die if they were shot, but I had skimmed past it previously. Ahem.

Pablito, if you think Max is your #1 scum target, why don't you want him shot? I don't understand.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

I'm still busy house hunting so I'm not necessarily going to be around to lead discussion.

Even if I wasn't, I'm not exactly the type of player who wears his reads on his sleeve, so your best off telling me who you think is scum (or catch them) rather than waiting for me to tell you who I think is scum, and getting referendums going like Nacho. I have a shot in mind but I want to wait a bit before shooting. Rest assured I'd prefer to take my shot long before the two weeks are up.

Return to “Completed Open Games”