The Setup

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... Idea_Mafia

:!:
Game Rules
(stolen from davesaz)

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) We, as Your Moderators, have final say in everything. If we make a mistake, please send us a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Please only PM us on our hydra, not the heads.
4) Anything in the thread that should draw our attention should be bolded, thus:
@Mod
, blah blah blah.
5) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
6)
#FF4000
will be our mod color. Do not use it, under penalty of impersonating the mod (which is a modkillable offense; so yeah, let's not do that). Posting in other colors is fine.
7) Do not quote any PM from us. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. Remember that others may be using a different skin than you are, and respect their wishes if they ask for different color usage.
9) We will post vote counts no more often than once per page, usually at the top of the page if we can.We might be slow in updating the VC sometimes. If you feel there are not enough VC's for whatever reason, please feel free to PM us.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled with no remorse.
11) If this game has flavor, flavor is flavor. Parts is parts. Nothing in the flavor reflects actual game mechanics. You are free to ignore any flavor the game may have.

Player Activity

12) We will try our best top keep on top of prodding. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will be sent after 48 hours of inactivity.
13) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 48 hours or you will be replaced. If you require a second prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before a replacement is searched for. If we need to prod you for a third time, we will begin searching for a replacement immediately.
14) Do not post consistently with CAPSLOCK on.
15) Votes MUST be bolded
Vote: Aristodog
or VOTE: Aristodog
16) We prefer to have your vote on one line, but it is not necessary.
17) If we think it's a vote, it's a vote. Be very clear of your intentions.

Deadlines and actions and such

18) Days will have a two week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.
19) If activity severely lags, we may or may not institute a shorter Day deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.
20) Night deadlines will be 48 hours.

Death and other matters

21) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
22) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
23) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
24) Once a lynch has been reached and it is Twilight, everyone may talk until we post the death scene and lock the thread.
25) If you are night-killed no further posting is allowed. So no 'Bah!' post!

Miscellaneous

26) We reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
27) Remember to have fun. After all, that's why we're here, isn't it?

Details about how this game will run

1. There is absolutely no guarantee that this game will have normalcy and balance. Proceed with caution.

2. However, the game will not be utterly broken. At least 50% of the game will need to be pro-town aligned in order to continue.
3. You will each be PM'd 2 roles on the master list of 151. You will whisper me which role you wish to discard, and which role you wish to keep. The role you wish to keep will be your role and alignment at the beginning of the game.
4. Your alignment can easily change at the turn of a dime. You will receive a private message should your alignment change.
5. Natural action resolution will be in effect. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... Resolution
6. Lovers and masons without another lover/mason will be considered named townies.
7. You will begin the game as one of 9 alignments. Here they are:

Spoiler: Possible alignments
Pro-Town

A pro-town player does not know who is in their faction, but they need to figure that out. A pro-town player wins the game when all threats to the town (mafia, werewolves, serial killers, aliens, cults) are eliminated and at least one town member is alive.

Pro-Mafia

A pro-mafia player knows everyone in their faction. Every mafia has a factional night kill. When they acquire 50% or more of the player list, and nothing can stop them from taking the majority.

Pro-Werewolf

A pro-werewolf player is a separate mafia faction. They know each other and win with 50% or more of their faction in the player list and nothing being able to stop them.

Pro-Serial Killer

A pro-Serial Killer is a player who makes one kill each night. They are third party, so hard to be tracked by investigative roles. If there are multiple serial killers in the game, you work independently. As you are solo, and your wincon is a lot harder, if you are one of two people standing, you are instantly the winner.

Pro-Alien

A pro-alien is another scum faction. They have a PT they can talk to each other with, however, they have a total of only ONE factional kill. Since an alien's wincon is tough, they instantly get a win if it's a draw.

Pro-Survivor

A pro-Survivor player does not explicitly care which faction wins. They just need to survive til one of the other factions achieves their wincon.

Pro-Lyncher

A pro-lyncher player is assigned one target. Their mission? Get them lynched. Should their target get night killed, the lyncher instantly becomes a Survivor. Lyncher does not threaten anyone's wincon so if all threats to a certain faction are eliminated, and a lyncher remains, then the lyncher loses. If the lyncher gets their target lynched, they exit the game and win.

Pro-Jester

A pro-Jester player's mission is to get lynched. If they get night killed, they lose. If another faction eliminates all threats to them, and they're still alive, they lose. If a Jester gets lynched, they win and exit the game.

Pro-Cult

A pro-Cult player is a faction that share a PT together. They know who each other are, but they do not have a factional kill. Some cult members have the power to recruit other members. Should a cult recruit a mafia, werewolf, or alien player, the recruiting will fail. If any player targets someone with the "Black Goo" function, they will become a cult member. A pro-Cult player wins when their faction accumulates 50% or more of the player list and nothing can stop it from being that way.
Last edited by Aristodog on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Hydra of Aristophanes and Transcend!
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Aristodog »

Everything is good to go as far as I, Transcend, know. Just need to wait for Aris' A-OK then we can send the first (and hopefully last) set of roles!

While you wait for your first set of roles to go out, please make sure that you read everything very carefully marked with an exclamation point
icon.

Update: Aris has work and will review everything when he gets back. Apologies for the wait, but good things come to those who are patient.
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Aristodog »

Role PMs have been sent out!

Game begins when all 12 confirm.

You have 48 hours to pick up your role PM and decide which role you want to keep.

(expired on 2017-01-21 22:00:00)

Last edited by Aristodog on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Aristodog »

Searching for a DiamondSentinel replacement.
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Aristodog »

Vaxkiller replaces DiamondSentinel thanks buddy!
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Aristodog »

KainTepes did not pick up his role PM and will promptly be replaced.
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Aristodog »

RadiantCowbells replaces KainTepes and we can confirm with absolute certainty that at least 50% of this game will begin the game
town-aligned.
With that said, we will be sending out official role PM's and beginning the game when such occurs. Any and all PT's will be open throughout the course of day.
Aristodog
Aristodog
Townie
Aristodog
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Aristodog »

Let the games begin!

VC 1.0
Not Voting
(12): alban, bangthemafia, Charloux, culted, davesaz, -Grey-, Kop, Not_Mafia, RadiantCowbells, Secret Agent Jin, Spade_Ace, Vaxkiller

With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The day will end on February 5th, 2017 at 12 AM EST.
(expired on 2017-02-04 22:00:00)
Last edited by Aristodog on Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Let's get this party started!

I'm Masons with RadiantCowbells and Lovers with Not_Mafia.

Crazy, I know.

VOTE: culted
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by culted »

Hi grey
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by -Grey- »

G'day, mate.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by alban »

Hi mod, VLA till 24th.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: Alban

Scum pretending to be on v/la for tactical advantage.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: RC

Why turn down such a fun role?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 8, -Grey- wrote:Let's get this party started!

Crazy, I know.

Why the fuck would you say that? Or is this a joke?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:15 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Crazy, I know.

WTF.

If you are a town, you have exposed not 1 but 3 power roles. Also you hav indicated that there are only 1 extra lover and only 1 extra mason assuming that mason PT and lovers PM will tell the list of all members.

So @Radiant and @Not_Mafia, if you are town and know Grey is lying, expose him.

On the contrary, since there are multuple factions likely, each faction would be more interested to take out others before taking out townies. So scums are likely to claim citizens quite early. For now i hav eyes on you.

And for using a possible genuine reason as an excuse to make the RVS sound more like a serious vote,

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:20 am

Get your filthy vote off me you disgusting fishmonger.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why did you RVS in this set-up RC?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:37 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 15, bangthemafia wrote:

Crazy, I know.

WTF.

If you are a town, you have exposed not 1 but 3 power roles. Also you hav indicated that there are only 1 extra lover and only 1 extra mason assuming that mason PT and lovers PM will tell the list of all members.

So @Radiant and @Not_Mafia, if you are town and know Grey is lying, expose him.

On the contrary, since there are multuple factions likely, each faction would be more interested to take out others before taking out townies. So scums are likely to claim citizens quite early. For now i hav eyes on you.

And for using a possible genuine reason as an excuse to make the RVS sound more like a serious vote,

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
So you scold me for roleclaiming on the grounds that it outs three (presumably town) power roles... in a role madness game, no less... then illustrate why my claim doesn't prove alignment at all
in the same post.

VOTE: bangthemafia
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:39 am

Post by -Grey- »

I'm neither Masons with RC nor Lovers with NM, btw.

Thanks for the latitude, fellas.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:41 am

VOTE: Not_Mafia

Keep the change you filthy animal.

I almost think that NM is jester who thinks that if he pushes on me long enough I'll get pissy and lynch him.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Are you going to answer my question?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 19, -Grey- wrote:I'm neither Masons with RC nor Lovers with NM, btw.

What you posted was patently impossible given the setup. I was interested to see who might bite on it though. :lol:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 22, davesaz wrote:
In post 19, -Grey- wrote:I'm neither Masons with RC nor Lovers with NM, btw.

What you posted was patently impossible given the setup. I was interested to see who might bite on it though. :lol:
Wrong!

Mason Lover is on the list of possible roles.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Page
---

Return to “Completed Open Games”