ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I don't know what Noraa is talking about, implosion's logic is sound. Implosion's conclusion isn't "All three muses should claim right now", but "muses should claim if it benefits Town". In most situations, only one muse would have to claim, which isn't too awful.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:12 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 70, butterflies wrote:
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
This post also flagged to me so I'm supporting the vote.

We have 2 miselimimations, there's no wiggle room there.

Each game is different with different factors - the players being a big variable shift. Me, I can't guess guess crap. I'd have no chance so I would be pushing the primary goal, not the secondary.

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
I think you might have misunderstood furtive here. The "wiggle room" they've mentioned is about the Muses potentially giving clues about their identities in order to increase the Town's chance to catch scum. So defending against the primary goal in expense of the secondary, not the other way around.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:15 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

@titus, @gamma

furtive's intro was just a joke, right? What's so suspicious about it?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:00 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 85, butterflies wrote:
In post 82, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.

Each game is different with different factors - the players being a big variable shift. Me, I can't guess guess crap. I'd have no chance so I would be pushing the primary goal, not the secondary.

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
I think you might have misunderstood furtive here. The "wiggle room" they've mentioned is about the Muses potentially giving clues about their identities in order to increase the Town's chance to catch scum. So defending against the primary goal in expense of the secondary, not the other way around.
Did you read the OP? Assuming we kill all three scum, they can still win if they correctly identify all three Merlins.

~Nancyfly
Yes, that's their secondary win condition.

But to do that, they'd have to guess who the Muses are and their color. For most practical purposes, only one Muse would have to claim their role (not color). In a situation where it would make the difference between eliminating Mafia and mis-eliminate Town, then one Muse should definitely claim.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 91, butterflies wrote:

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
Absolutely freaking not. No chance nuh-uh OH HEEEEYLLLLL NAW.

no.

Muses do not out, muses do not hint. Muses know who they are as per the sample pms, Muses do what they gotta do. It's their job t make their cases, make their pushes, and if we fuck up and flip one of them we push their target.
Only alignments are revealed on flip, not their roles or colors. How would we know to push their targets?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 93, butterflies wrote:
[...]

Because the muses know the scumteam between them. They know their targets individually.
The reason they don't claim is they know their colour block. Red muse knows red block. so just as the scum are going to be watching carefully, town need to as well.

Honestly I would hope the muses don't just dive in headfirst on to their targets and frankly if any muse has already voted their target they're getting a post-game glare from me.

-ButterFlea
Ok, I'm convinced. It really would be best if the Muses stay hidden.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:51 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 89, Titus wrote:
In post 83, ProgoWoshua wrote:@titus, @gamma

His entrance didn't feel like a joke and he didn't claim it was.
Uhh...
In post 22, furtiveglance wrote:This is my first non-Newbie game, I think this setup is magic. To everyone claiming Merlin, I am not aMused.
Titus, jokingly, claimed Merlin. This game reflavors Merlins as Muses. The post ends with a pun on "Muse".

How is this not a joke?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:37 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 112, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: ProgoWoshua
I wanna go into that furtive defense a bit more. Regardless of furtive's alignment that feels very ulterior motive-y
Two people made a big deal of an obvious joke. This didn't sit well with me.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:53 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 130, butterflies wrote:
In post 127, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 112, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: ProgoWoshua
I wanna go into that furtive defense a bit more. Regardless of furtive's alignment that feels very ulterior motive-y
Two people made a big deal of an obvious joke. This didn't sit well with me.
In post 95, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 89, Titus wrote:

His entrance didn't feel like a joke and he didn't claim it was.
Uhh...
In post 22, furtiveglance wrote:This is my first non-Newbie game, I think this setup is magic. To everyone claiming Merlin, I am not aMused.
Titus, jokingly, claimed Merlin. This game reflavors Merlins as Muses. The post ends with a pun on "Muse".

How is this not a joke?

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
Why are you assuming is what people are concerned with and not ?
Isn't it? I assumed that's what Gamma was talking about.
In post 97, Gamma Emerald wrote:

The integration of game terminology felt ham-fisted
In post 98, Gamma Emerald wrote:Progo’s defense of furtive is pretty weirdChamp
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:11 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I admit that I have been scummy. Because of that, I find it suspicious how furtive is still on my side after all this time. Definitely feels like they have some ulterior motive.

I'm willing to sheep in the Dunn/Furtive theory.

VOTE: Dunnstral

If this is wrong, you might flashwagon me instead of Noraa, because I doubt my reputation would recover after that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”