Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICEninja wrote:
I'm not a fan of random voting so instead I'd like to ask everyone what their timezone is, to give people an idea of when you're most likely to be posting.
Why not a fan of the RVS?

vote: fallen angel

Clearly used to be Ice mafia, then fell from heaven to become Fire mafia.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

RayFrost wrote:I'm also not going to post a lot... I think. Not sure on that. Depends on how I feel.
Why say this? Sounds like you are setting this up as an excuse for inactivity later.

I am from NY.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

pwnman wrote:
Well, the date next to my name says August 2009 so I'll go with that.
pwnman's argument sucks.
unvote
Vote:pwnman
My arguement aswell as SK's is this
pwnman wrote:
Pwn's vote is now hiding in all these posts and nobody took the opportunity to ask for his reason. Pwn, can you state it?
My reasons was for Mindgamer's first post.
Vote ICE

Obvouisly Fire Mafia
You just saying my arguement "sucks" makes an even worse arguement against me.

unvote

vote XScorpion
for the OMGUS vote
[/quote]

And you piggybacking off someone's argument, who barely explained it is not good. You are either being VI or scum with that and blatant OMGUS

ICE- With the explanation, I am a little less concerned about it, but will keep an eye on the activity level for him.

Unvote
Vote: pwnman
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Deer wrote:well, I don't know if pwnman is scum or not, but I'm willing to bet a good amount of money there's an opportunistic scum on his wagon.
This is an empty statement. Any wagon is probably going to have scum on it especially in a 2 scum group game.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICEninja wrote:And then 8 posts in a row? Really? That is not at all necessary.
Why not? Besides the last 3 jawing with the mod, he was catching up and provided good content. Are you discouraging people from posting?
Fixed quote tags. ~Nik
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICE wrote the above quote not DT, quoting fail.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICEninja wrote:

However, I feel extremely confident that there is at least one mafia group in the 4 of pwnman, Crazy, Kerrigan, and DT. People are pushing so hard, and
I don't think anyone in this game could possibly know who is on scum except for their one scum buddy, and I really don't expect to see any busing on day 1. There's really no reason for anyone to be pushing for a lynch on page 4 without a very seriously damning piece of evidence.
There is some hypocrisy and odd arguments flying around, but I'm going to be intensely suspicious of any bandwagon bigger than the 4 votes that fell on pwnman until there is some more substantial evidence.

I don't like the bandwagon against pwnman, but as I already said earlier I don't feel very good about pwnman either so for the time being I'm not going to call the wagon scummy.
This is a game of incomplete information and it's page 4. Of course the evidence on someone is not going to be very strong. Honestly the wagon on pwnman was a pretty good avenue to get out of the RVS.

I also hate lists or as I previously mentioned the comment "SOMEONE IS SCUM ON THIS WAGON" Saying that, "I think one of these 4 people is scum!" is an incredibly useless statement. These are the kind of statements I see as someone trying to appear as if they are scumhunting and offering insight, but really aren't.

Unvote
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

DTMaster wrote:
Mod: Prod fallenangel and Scott
Jeez holding me to an 24 hour limit before prodding. Time for you to read closer. :shock:

SK: You FoS all the lurkers in this game, are you willing to lynch one D1?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ISO Mindgamer

9- Likes RVS
48- Basically parrots my post about pwn being VI
79- Finds the pwn BW "interesting"
115- Votes for Crazy for the reason on "bandwagon go!"
147- Perhaps some content?!

So I fail to see how you can attempt to call me out for lack of participation when you have barely done so yourself. Your 2 non-RVS votes have lacked reason.
Mindgamer wrote:
Interesting. Bandwagoning is pro-town imo, so I don't see what's your point here. Lurking is... sucky. I agree. But is that enough to rise 'very high' in one's scumlist? Why don't the other lurkers rise very high in your scumlist then? To me it seems like you are just picking on a bad poster. Scumpoints for you.
Pretty hypocritical since apparently I'm worthy of a vote yet you say lurking is not enough to rise someone to very high on one's scumlist.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICEninja wrote:[However I'd be willing to switch to pwnman if he gives me more reason to believe he is scum instead of incompetent.
Where do you draw the line? At what point does he become scum? Clearly he is not going to change his useless one-liners.
pwnman wrote:Right now I actually think the people not lurking are mafia so they can mislynch and/or use the lurking to their advantage
So why not follow up with this claim with changing your vote? Why leave your vote on someone who has been less active than others if you truly believe the above?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

DarkLightA wrote:
Vote: Mindgamer

Just starting somewhere.
Mindgamer wrote: Ah, what ever...

unvote

There are better candidates of being scum.

--------

So, it's on to the next one:

Vote: StK
This rubs me the wrong way. It looks like you are just throwing your vote around in an attempt to see if a BW will stick. There is no reasoning behind it.

Vote: DarkLightA
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

DTMaster wrote:@Scott
Wait. What? Isn't your argument more applicable to Mindgamer then Dark given with what you quoted.?
Both are scummy to me. However, voting Mindgamer would not be taken seriously from me as everyone would have just assumed it was OMGUS. Also I feel more confident about my vote thanks to this gem.
DarkLightA wrote:Okay, that vote was meant for me to be a base in scum hunting,
but as you guys seem to not like it
:
Why do you want our approval to make votes? This furthers my idea that you are just trying to make a BW stick throwing your vote around.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

DTMaster wrote:@Scott
1. So in your argument you were referring to both players then?
No I quote failed in that post. Although it could be applied in retrospect.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

DTMaster wrote:
@Scott
Hold on, it's a quoting error that you didn't EBWOP? Why didn't you? Why didn't you say this when I attacked you for said quote initially
I didn't notice it the first time.

As for mindgamer's question, I would probably investigate DTMaster, as he has been participating the most and investigating a talkative player is better than taking a shot in the dark with a lurker.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Sorry I went on a day trip that turned into a 3 day trip, will catch up tonight (maybe tomorrow since it is St. Patty's Day)
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I do not think if Deer is not the doc, that the real doc should counter-claim at this time. The claim is obviously quite convenient and with only one PR, it makes it even more unlikely that it is true. I am still confused whether mafia can cross kill. I see the indigo font in DT's 402, but want to confirm that this is true. Regardless, lynching Deer today is a bad idea

I have played in a few games (Mafia 103, another game I can't remember) where danakillsu replaced in with a similar playstyle. He/she has always proved to be relatively useless, was town both times. So I don't think lynching him/her would be helpful or give us any information. I am fine with my vote where it is.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

What is a claim going to do? Are you going to believe him if he counterclaims doctor? Are you going to believe him if he claims VT?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

LL and everyone: Do you feel that if Deer is scum that the real doc should CC? Given that 2 scum were killed yesterday, that would leave us with only 1 scum group, and only 1 kill per night if we lynch Deer after a CC(barring a fake-CC by scum)
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

RedCoyote wrote:
DTM 440 wrote:@Red
If you think Fire bussed themselves, who do you think bussed?
I guess they had to, I mean, unless it's Scott. I don't know, I still feel good about Scott. I suspect it is either Locke or Mindgamer, but I like them both, too. Hm. You also had a good point about Mindgamer being voted by both sides.

---
XScorp 442 wrote:Why not? Is it simply because you think Scott is town, or because you don't want people to suspect you?
The former. I mean, it's possible he's not, but I get town vibes from him.

Anyways, I'm leaning toward a Locke lynch at the moment. Although I like his contributions, I think a case could be made for him playing to both wagons. There are few people here I truly think could be fire
or
ice mafia, and he's one of them.

Vote: Locke Lamora
RedCoyote wrote:
Whoever is the other fire mafia is making it very difficult for me.
To be honest though, I'm going to have to go back on what I said in the opening of the game. Based on everything that happened, Scott really is the most likely to be fire scum. BH is definitely out in my mind as he was the hammer. Locke replaced pwnman, so he's out. Nacho turned up the heat on dana at a pivotal moment in the game. Mindgamer had the opportunity similar to BH's to push the lynch away from dana without any real repercussions. XScorp started and remained on the wagon the entire time, never really attempting to move his vote at any time.

I would say it would have to be either Scott or DTM, and DTM gets points for being aggressive against SK earlier in the game. Scott gets no such points for this.

Unvote; vote: Scott Brosius
This is quite a change of heart in a small amount of time. First you place a vote on LL who you feel could be either mafia group. But then you vote me, who you believe most likely can only be fire. I really don't like that you originally cast a vote for someone who could be either group, then change to someone you feel can only be part of a certain scumgroup. This feels like deflection (as you being Fire) or selective scum-hunting. Why the change of heart in such a short time?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

About the reads you present about who is "probably" not fire/ice mafia. I see everyone is "probably not fire" besides me. Is there more substance to it besides they were all on dana's wagon?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Nachomamma8 wrote: He let the town push and create the wagon for him, and he was a really big reason as to why I didn't like the DLA wagon in the first place and why I was convinced ICE was scum...
It's interesting that you bring this up now conveniently. Why didn't you say how you felt about me D1?
Nachomamma8 wrote:
DT Master wrote: Also 370 is a bad scum slip. It reads as scum coordinating other scum in their NKs (given that they can't NK each other)
Ummm... please explain? Where does it say that scum can't NK each other? Please, stop strawmanning me. It's pitiful.

@All on DLA's Wagon:

danakillsu wrote:I don't understand why everyone's saying I need to post NOW or anything, but I certainly think it's time to
unvote
. I'll have to iso DarklightA to see whether I find him scummy enough to lynch even near a deadline.
Post made at 10:37 AM.
danakillsu wrote:He's definitely worth lyching. His vote jumps around a lot with no apparent reasoning behind it at all, he gets off topic a lot, and he tries to lynch someone he doesn't find scummy at all, and in fact finds pro-town simply because it's near the deadline. I'll
vote: DarkLightA
Post made at 10:42 AM.

Look at how long it took Dana to make his grand decision... THIS is the type of company you're sharing on your stupid, meaningless, mislynch wagon.
This is the only post I found concerning why you didn't like the wagon because of a certain person. Yet there is no reference that you have an issue with me on the wagon, only dana. But apparently now I'm a "big reason" you didn't like this wagon.

Basically you are full of it, or you were hiding your sentiments from the town D1, which is suspicious.

Regarding my defense of dana, you can look at those games I cite. Both games saw similar useless behavior from dana and both times he flipped town.

Mafia 103 viewtopic.php?t=12609&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
Open 175 viewtopic.php?t=12488&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

RedCoyote wrote:
I would be willing to lynch dana, but then again I'm pretty much willing to lynch most of the players (with varying degrees of enthusiasm, of course) at this point.
But you didn't support a dana lynch in the end. I actually find this more suspicious than if you never brought it up at all. If you are actually a townie, you are only armed with your vote. You had plenty of time vote or hammer dana but you never did. Actions speak louder than words to me.

Anyway, you deflect attention off dana more than once D1.
These are the quotes D1 where I feel you were softly defending SK/dana.
RedCoyote wrote:
If you don't like him for a lynch, then say so. You prefer dana, right? I guess I wouldn't be heartbroken if dana was the lynch today. Then again, especially on D1, my tolerance threshold is fairly low. Most players are good lynches on the first day since it's fairly random regardless.
Wishy-washy about dana.
RedCoyote wrote: I guess we disagree here. I liked that. I think SK was trying to take an active, aggressive approach to calling out scum.
Defending SK/dana
RedCoyote wrote:
---
Nacho 399 wrote:Look at how long it took Dana to make his grand decision... THIS is the type of company you're sharing on your stupid, meaningless, mislynch wagon.
I agree that that makes dana look bad, but you claiming to know that DLA is town doesn't make you look very good either.
Deflection from dana to DLA and Nacho.
RedCoyote wrote:I'm not going to sit here and say dana is our MVP, but DLA has been been making it up as he goes along. His excuse for all of this is by saying something along the lines of trying to break his meta or that he is scared of being lynched on the first day.
More deflection from dana to DLA.

Vote: Red Coyote
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
@All on DLA's Wagon:

THIS is the type of company you're sharing on your stupid, meaningless, mislynch wagon.
When you appear to be addressing the rest of the wagon besides dana, no it does not seem like this is addressing more than one person. It still makes no sense that you did not list us three as the reason, only dana and now conveniently add me to the reasons you didn't like the wagon.

Anyway, we are lacking content from half the game again. Thoughts anyone?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mindgamer wrote:
I see a heated discussion between RedCoyote and Scott Brosius. RedCoyote makes an attack, and all Scott Brosius has posted since then is defending himself and counterattacking, including OMGUS vote.
Hardly an OMGUS vote. The case is very clear. RC at the beginning of the day said he didn't think fire scum was on DLA wagon. A short time later, he points to DTMaster and myself as the only potential fire targets. I was on DLA's wagon, the he did not think fire scum was on. Instant change of heart as others have noticed.

My opinions about who to lynch have not changed. I will look through DLA interactions D1 and see what I find.

In terms of voting, there isn't too much overlap. Both jumped on the Deer wagon, who has essentially been cleared since there has not been a CC. The only other commonality I found is Mindgamer. SK/dana had a vote for Mindgamer for a large portion of D1, vote count 11 and 12 DLA also voted for Mindgamer. Town points to Mindgamer since both factions went after him in some capacity.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

No-lynch seems foolish to me. Lynching scum will not take us further from victory. I think you are valuing the doctor too much, in this setup with no other PRs, the doctor's main function at the moment is a confirmed member of the town and maybe if he gets lucky, protecting a townie who scum attempts to kill at night. Doctor could incorrectly protect scum who the other scum group attempts to kill at night.

If we lynch scum today, we only have to deal with one NK a night. That gives us a few chances to mislynch.

If we no-lynch, there are 6 townies, doctor, F-Mafia, I-Mafia at night. Best case is cross-kill which would be unlikely. Worst case is we are down to 4 townies, doctor (or 5 townies no doctor)and 2 mafia groups. That is a much worse situation than 6 townies and 1 mafia.

I would rather reduce the NKs by 1 per night and sacrifice the PR than take our chances getting lucky with the scum kills.

kthx- There is no cop in this game. I don't know if you are being serious about it or not, the only PR in this game is you.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

TheLoneWolf wrote:
I don't like this RC wagon at all. I think the people on it are going to be very good candidates for Ice tomorrow. The reason that people are voting RC is because he's likely fire scum while HES LOOKING FOR FIRE? Anyone have a meta on RC as being a crazy WIFOM type scum?

RC voters, tell me how that makes sense. My read right now is Ice mafia "pushing the RC wagon, as he is the more pro-town candidate for Fire, and shooting Scott at night for the real fire candidate."
Speculating NKs is a giant batch of WIFOM and not helpful.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

TheLoneWolf wrote:
I'm not seeing the case on RC, I re-read from pages 15-Hammer. If there are posts before that... Oh I see now. Scott's #465 hashes them all out... very poorly. #465 makes me very happy with my vote on Scotty, all those posts he linked of RC' seemed to have been twisted in his favor.
Any actual information to show how "poorly" i hashed them out? Throwing around opinions without any substance to back it up is not helping.
Fixed quote tags. ~Nik
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

EBWODP

TheLoneWolf wrote:
I'm not seeing the case on RC, I re-read from pages 15-Hammer. If there are posts before that... Oh I see now. Scott's #465 hashes them all out... very poorly. #465 makes me very happy with my vote on Scotty, all those posts he linked of RC' seemed to have been twisted in his favor.
Any actual information to show how "poorly" i hashed them out? Throwing around opinions without any substance to back it up is not helping.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mindgamer wrote:Ok, what I see is that RedCoyote started some kind of RedCoyote vs Scott Brosius duel. I don't see why RedCoyote-scum would put himself in such a position. Also, the summary you guys gave me doesn't convince me at all. RedCoyote changed his mind so he is scum?
Changing his mind isn't a big deal, it's the distancing and deflecting comments about dana D1, and the attempt today to say he would have been fine lynching dana, even though there is little D1 that actually shows that.

TLW I'm still waiting on my "poorly hashed out" 465. Details not just empty comments.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

RedCoyote wrote:
Nacho 545 wrote:@Everyone: Top fire read, top two Ice reads. I've already given mine.
Scott is definitely fire.

Locke and Mindgamer are probably my biggest ice reads.
In a game of incomplete information, I am "definitely" fire. Strong words.

WHY are they your top ice reads? Listing doesn't help.

I think we all know my top fire suspect at this point.

In terms of Ice, the pwnman/LL slot was very lurky/unhelpful at the beginning, very active toward deadline, then back to mild lurking today.
Locke Lamora wrote:I'm not voting you, DLA. I think I comprehend your position better now; the fact remains that we have yet to see much output from your scumhunting techniques. This worries me. I'm still deciding whether I'd rather see you or Dana lynched.
Not a fan of this post, almost seems like coaching to me. And as somebody already mentioned, in his vote on Dana he chastises DLA, but puts the vote on Dana. Possibly another case of my scumpartner X is bad, but player Y is scummier!

Other than that I am not completely sure. Out of everyone remaining, i am most confident that Mindgamer is town, not very confident in another ice read though.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I think I can hear my own echo. Let's try and stimulate participation.

Unvote
Vote: LL
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

With LL replacing out I will unvote

Unvote
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Nachomamma8 wrote:...and I become more confident in my vote. See who doesn't read the thread, instead opts to lynch someone suspicious of him.
I'm pretty sure he reads the thread, whether he forms unique opinions or just parrots other people is doubtful. This is the third time (my vote of LL, unvote of LL, DT's vote of Nacho) in a short period that he has done this.

Vote: XScorpion
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

RedCoyote wrote:
Alright, do you care to make a case for someone as fire besides me?
At this point no, I am going for the scummiest all around player. My case on you has been outlined ad nauseum but my vote is served better on someone who is scummier than you. Your extreme baseless confidence is peculiar.
RedCoyote wrote:
Yeah. I don't really get the XScorp hate. I realize he is bandwagon hopping, but this isn't much better than his D1 play.
Because it isnt much better than his D1 play doesn't make it excusable. With a reread I'm getting the feeling XScorp is more of a lazy townie than scum

I really don't like this comment
Nachomamma8 wrote:...and I become more confident in my vote. See who doesn't read the thread, instead opts to lynch someone suspicious of him.
You are at L-2, this seems like an overreaction.

Interested to hear what the replacement has to say.

Unvote
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Scott Brosius wrote:
With a reread I'm getting the feeling XScorp is more of a lazy townie than scum
^^ Reason for my unvote. I always keep my votes at the end of my post.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Fishythefish wrote:
@Scott: thanks for clarification. Who do you think is scum?
Given the slip-up alone on Nacho, I wasn't prepared to vote since it was his first post and I felt that was an adequate defense. However with XScorp's recent post showing that Nacho clearly held this feeling throughout D1, I think we got him.

RC and LL (you) were my other 2 main suspects. It would be a strange play if RC was fire to start this me v.s. him situation, but people do strange things. I agree with you that I do not like his offer of trading his life for mine, does not seem genuine. LL (you) did not really do much D2 until you replaced, outlined my feelings on him earlier, not as strong of a scum read.

Vote: Nacho
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

This is why I get uncomfortable when someone (such as RC, Nacho in his twilight post) get so confident in someone's specific role. We got pretty lucky, as if TLW didn't get killed, either I or RC would have probably been strung up today.

LL/Fishy was my top Ice read. This has not changed, but we are barely 12 hours into this day and I'm not going to put him at L-1.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mindgamer wrote:
That's it for now, my time is up. But I would like to ask Parama to start scumhunting and stop clearing people based on votes and scumlists Day 1. Bio Hazard hammered his buddy, do you need any more proof that your strategy is invalid? Also, reasoning like '100% townwagon on Nachomamma8 is impossible!' is just wrong. Mafia games are not that simple.

Vote: XScorpion
Just because someone did something out of the ordinary does not make his scumhunting invalid. I agree with Parama that you are making this more complex than it is.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote: fishy
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I'm going to ISO DarkLightA in a bit but I wanted to post this first. My main suspect is Red at this point. Both scum groups went after Mindgamer and XScorp was attacked by DLA D1. Leaving RC.

RC's play, especially D2 as it wore on makes no sense for Fire Mafia. He would know as the last Fire Mafia, that once I die and flip VT, he would be next. This is a really stupid position to put oneself in (which I cannot put it past people to do stupid things) but it really made no sense.

In retrospect, it makes a lot of sense as Ice. D2 he was only Fire-hunting. If he was so certain that I would flip scum, it looks great for him. He cruises into D3 as the only scum remaining and gaining town points for himself. He has somehow avoided Ice suspicion because he was on DLA's wagon. I do not see that as an adequate defense. Onto the ISO....
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I wrote out the whole ISO of DLA, but honestly there is so much crap and fluff that I'm going to bold only important posts.

ISO: DarkLightA

26- RVS me, asks questions of everyone, following are questions asked to people still in the game

XScorpion: How long have you been here for?
Scott Brosius: Where are you from?
Mindgamer: What would you do if I voted you right now?
Crazy: Do you prefer townie or doc?

28- Banter with RayFrost
32- Defends his asking random questions to start discussion
58- Addresses the answers to his random questions. Votes XScorp because he doesn't like the pwnman (Fishythefish) wagon and XScorp started it.
60- Mentions that SK (danakillsu) and pwnman (Fishythefish) seem un-scummish
99- Says the pwnman (Fishythefish) wagon is bad
114- Doesn't like DTMaster's vote on SK(danakillsu) , so he votes him.
122- Heavy defense of Mindgamer who voted someone in RVS claiming they were fire

140- Tells DT why he doesn't like his vote
160- Simply unvotes
169- Votes XScorp

187- Nacho called out DLA for his vote, admits that he thinks XScorp is just stupid and likes to lynch stupid players and unvotes
190- Addressed below

191- Votes Mindgamer

193- Answers some questions from IceNinja
199- Claims that mafia would not be so stupid to act like XScorp

216- Chides Mindgamer about putting words in his mouth, then unvotes him and votes SK (danakillsu)
225- Unvotes when town doesn't like his vote
229- Answers a ? from Crazy, says Mindgamer is not scummy
242- Answers DT questions, analyzes SK, votes SK/replacement
263- More defending of pwnman (Fishythefish)
278- Defends himself against Red Coyote
283- Tells XScorp that he changes votes quickly as a tool for scum-hunting
312- Plants a seed to be on Deer's wagon at deadline if need be.
316- Wants me Ice and Deer to explain the cases on him
331- Defends why he cares so much about what others think, continues to go back and forth with LL (Fishythefish) for the next few posts.
357- DLA votes Deer
He does a lot of useless defending after this and eventually votes dana

Votes on DLA
174- XScorp votes him claiming OMGUS
201- XScorp unvotes, votes pwnman (Fishythefish)
218- I vote DLA claiming he is throwing vote around to see if a wagon will stick

236- Deer (Parama) votes DLA claiming the same that I did.
285- Iceninja votes DLA
341- Mindgamer says he is NOT willing to lynch DLA

348- DTMaster votes DLA
355- DT unvotes, votes Deer
360- ICE unvotes, votes Deer
375- RedCoyote votes DLA

376- ICE votes DLA
385- dana votes DLA
401- Mindgamer has a strong feeling that a DLA lynch will result in town.

DarkLightA wrote:Okay, so here's my read on everyone so far:

Crazy:
Putting pressure on the pwnman wagon. Seems weird however that he can't see that pwnman misunderstood a joke, and that this is what lead to the situation. Slight scum read.
Crazy wrote:I believe I've said before that the "piggybacking" isn't scummy in isolation; it's only scummy when you combine it with the fact that PWNMAN DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE CASE!
Mindgamer:
Seems unserious about the whole deal. Just playing along. Scum read.

Scott Brosius:
Seems to just ride along with the others. Slight scum read.

XScorpion:
... No contribution. Just seems like an annoying character. Scum read. But as you say, it wouldn't be how a mafia would act.. Either way I find it scummy -.- This is just stupid.

TOWN

DTMaster
pwnman
RayFrost
SLIGHT TOWN

Deer
NEUTRAL

Nachomamma
NEUTRAL

Crazy
ICEninja
SLIGHTLY SCUM

Mindgamer
SaintKerrigan
XScorpion
SCUM

NO READ

Sanhora
Reading through, Mindgamer defends DLA on multiple occasions very blatantly too. RC's vote comes when Deer claimed, and I believe there were 2 votes on each person. I like my RC theory and it makes sense but there is blatant defending of DLA by Mindgamer D1. Since we are in LYLO, I will hold off on voting, but after that reread my preference is Mindgamer.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

No lynch is a decent idea at this point.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

The only reservations I have about Mindgamer is that his defense of DLA D1 is almost too blatant. But that's just out-thinking myself. I want to hear from Mind before voting.

Or we could annoy everyone and vote No-lynch again :P
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Fair enough

Vote: Mindgamer

I'm town so I have no idea if we won or not.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Ah shit, thought I was the hammer. Well played.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

None of the remaining options were great to me, Mindgamer was the best of the 3 options.

One issue I had with this game was the pinning of RC v.s. me. Someone mentioned it in game that it would be stupid for RC to start this battle with me if he was actually fire-scum. After awhile, I knew he wasn't firescum, but I couldn't really say anything about it. If I did, I was more likely to be lynched and possibly RC the next day.

Basically, is it worthwhile to do what I did (when I started changing my vote, realize that RC was not firescum, but not say it outwardly) or be completely honest and risk myself being lynched and then possibly RC depending on night actions. Also concerning that, I fail to see how RC could have been so confident I was fire-scum. I understand that the situation I was in didn't help my case. Offering your own life for mine spoke volumes on how certain you were.

Thanks to Nik for modding and finding the endless replacements.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3

Return to “Completed Open Games”