Open 219: Neighborhood Watch (Game Over)

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Primate »

Hey.

Vote Pomegranate

Note the short length of the deadline guys. After the long large themes I've been messing around with recently, a quick game should be nice.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Primate »

Chronopie wrote:O.O two week deadline. Does make a nice change.

RVS time.

Vote: Thief
I dislike scum, and with a name like that, is there any possibility of anything else?
Considering Thief's a role he's practically falseclaimed already.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Primate »

unvote

Vote Thief
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Primate »

I'm a one man bandwagon.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Primate »

Did anyone notice we've already lost a town powerole?
It's not really relevant to day play.
at some point before the end of the day our hider should claim. DO NOT CLAIM YET. it is my understanding of the role that hider dies if they hide behind scum, no? so better to be out in the open and verbalizing targets. agree/disagree?
No. Verbalises target, scum kill that guy hider gets twofer'd. Play is hider does what he wants for a bit and we potentially get windfall later potentially he dies. Watcher can prevent but we don't want watcher to prevent for various reasons. Strength of role is not in actual role ability but in rock solid claim itself, with benefits, .
who they are targeting then it prevents watcher confusion
Watcher confusion irrelevant. If watcher recieves result and target not dead, guy he has the result on is hider or target is hider. Former case is more likely, latter case creates much more confusion so should be avoided until late game and clear.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Primate »

Except that unless the hider says (or breadcrumbs, I guess), his role is not of any use. So if he doesn't say his target he may as well not hide, if he may.
This is an open setup and it's not a particularly powerful role. Treat it as a confirmed townie with swing potential is my feeling.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Primate »

Chrono, you said that we lose a Watcher, Hider, and VT. Where'd the VT come in? Also, it would be D3 by the time the watcher was killed.
Nightkilled hider target I assume.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Primate »

Pomegranate wrote:
Primate wrote:
Except that unless the hider says (or breadcrumbs, I guess), his role is not of any use. So if he doesn't say his target he may as well not hide, if he may.
This is an open setup and it's not a particularly powerful role. Treat it as a confirmed townie with swing potential is my feeling.
He's a weak doc, and can confirm townies.
I'm aware of what the role does. That not the same thing as how we treat the role. I don't see the benefit of any town interference against the way this would normally play out.

We treat the role as a role we can rely on as existing and being confirmable. We don't rely on it to do shit it is unreliable at doing by virtue of it's fundamental design.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Primate »

don_johnson wrote:mafia trades a goon on day 2 in order to take out the hider. watchers targets are narrowed down greatly. watchers don't need to claim to engineer a lynch if they are good at building cases and whatnot. we are in a low number game, using every resource available to us is an optimal strategy imo. a dead hider on day 2 does us no good without a claimed target or a watcher seeing it. with three goons there is a good potential for us to end up with a nk'd player and a dead hider and nothing to show for it, whereas if hider claims we most certainly reap benefits. if mafia chooses not to kill hider, then we have a confirmed townie. either way, it seems to swing the numbers in favor of town. also, an early claim becomes uncounterable late game. scum would be bold to counterclaim the hider on day 1, no?
No watcher is good enough to make a case against someone who they have not previously have suspected in a way serious enough to end in that guys lynch without it being obvious to the scum they are the watcher, sorry. Besides, if we're relying on hypothetical good play, then I'll have caught all the scum by the end of the today anyway, so what the watcher does isn't really relevant.

That's basically the root of my disagreement. I don't think it's possible to go through with an out the hider and watcher plan without publicising the watcher to any scum who's paying the slightest attention, and that pushes it into not worth it.

I also don't like claiming early with town power irregardless because that person is generally killed by endgame anyway, and all it means is that the scum have had more time to plan without having to account for surprises. A cast iron derailed lynch can really fuck up scum with a plan.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Primate »

Unvote

Vote: Pomegranate

D_J, I don't see anything objectionable about Guy. Don't think he's defending himself well though.

Thief, am neutral on opposed force. I can see possibilities there but he hasn't done enough yet, imho (And I don't think it's been long enough into the game for that to be in itself a factor). Agree with your assesment of D_J.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #10) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Primate »

Sleepless Assassin has done a couple of things so far that I'd call slight scum tells, but honestly I'm getting a pro-town vibe on that one. My one caveat here is that this is because of logical points in reasonable depth being a town tell, and there's nothing in his posts so far that a good player couldn't rattle off without too much of a challenge. See how his quality (and obviously the rest of his posting) holds up.

@Empking: With your vote on Guy and you fossing SA who just strongly attacked Guy, is the implication there that you believe that these two people are both scum?

@Guy: What's your opinion on Confidanon?

I don't think silence at -3 or competing bandwagons this early are good things.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Primate »

Right, that doesn't tally up with what I thought you were doing SA. Why are you suspicious of me then?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Primate »

why not?
Silence means not as many posts to analyse. Competing wagons make for slower games without the big single topic for everyone to debate about, and whilst they debatedly give more info I think the speed is more of an asset.

That said, though, it'd be more disruptive to place artificial constraints on any game, so it's not really something we should try an acheive as a set of players regardless.

2c

That said, I'm not sure why you consider the silence a good thing over activity, mind if I ask you why that is?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #13) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Primate »

What are your reasons for your vote on Guy, Emp?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #14) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by Primate »

d_j wrote:i think we disagree, but i don't think its relevant.
Yeah, I'll GD it after the game.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #15) » Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Primate »

You're dead wrong and going about it incorrectly but the balls are admirable.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Primate »

Update on my opinions. Happy with vote on pm atm, looking at BP with interest. Chronopie did something that i would normally consider a towntell (bandwagon pushing for claim implying confidence and willingness to deal with attention on self), but I don't really think that's the full story in terms of mindset there at all given other considerations.
Chrono wrote:This is a fairly common pressure vote reason. null-tell.
That seems to be the only reason you did it though. Do you frequently pressure vote to bring people to -1 and claim in the way you did or did you also have other reasons for voting guy? Seeing as how you refer to it as a pressure vote, do you consider that mentally distinct from a lynch vote?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #17) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Primate »

Sure.

Clarify "unhappy".
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #18) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Primate »

Would you mind at all going into what you saw as as relevant enough to the guy Iso that (and obviously enough clarify me if this is misrep, I don't think it is) that you were sure enough that he was hider or scum that you would follow through to a lynch if he didn't claim hider?

I saw a couple of indications at the time, and in retrospect there's more, but I still wouldn't be happy doing what you suggested you were doing with what's there.

The more specifics the better, obviously.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #19) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Primate »

I didn't say it was intentional. Bandwagonning recklessly with little reason is a town tell because it's so easy to get negative attention on you for little benefit that scum who know what they are generally avoid it. I don't remotely believe he did it as a signal, just that he did it and that's what I read into it. And it doesn't imply confidence in the vote, it implies confidence in your position in the game and willingness to defend yourself against arguments people may put on you for pressure votes and bandwagonning that is done with a town motive. Get what I mean there?

And yeah, I don't like how sure he's saying he was and the things he's saying he was sure about given context.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #20) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Primate »

guy0 wrote:
Primate wrote:I didn't say it was intentional. Bandwagonning recklessly with little reason is a town tell because it's so easy to get negative attention on you for little benefit that scum who know what they are generally avoid it. I don't remotely believe he did it as a signal, just that he did it and that's what I read into it. And it doesn't imply confidence in the vote, it implies confidence in your position in the game and willingness to defend yourself against arguments people may put on you for pressure votes and bandwagonning that is done with a town motive. Get what I mean there?

And yeah, I don't like how sure he's saying he was and the things he's saying he was sure about given context.
Yes, but this is also a huge WIFOM
No it isn't.

You can't ignore towntells just because the guy *might* have been faking them with no reasoning as to why you might think he would been doing so.

Wifoms just a joke anyway. Three levels is the most I've seen and that was a crazy game, one or no levels is most common, if you put the time in, that shits doable. All it is is trying to guess someones intentions when they made a post, it's no harder than reading a normal post. That is unless they phrase it in a way to invoke true wifom and no-one ever does that unless they're taking the piss or a real newb.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #21) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Primate »

*would be
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #22) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Primate »

Just meta'd Chrono. More in line with scum play than town. hm.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #23) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Primate »

@Opposed.
Yes, he could be Scum faking town confidence, but that doesn't mean that the tell is invalid, what it means is that I misread the smaller parts of the tell that tell me whether he is scum faking town or town.

Also, you need to reread me if you think at any point I have had a position other than "I am suspicious of Chrono but I have doubts".

Anyway, now we'll know.

PS: The site is horrible at the minute, isn't it?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #24) » Fri May 28, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Primate »

Yeah, sorry, I am aware of this, give me a few hours and I'll dive in. Bit hectic at work atm.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #25) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Primate »

I treally don't think SA is scum.

Vote BP

Pom needs to be meta'd by someone who knows what they're doing. I'll do it but I don't have time today.
Theif wrote:Primate+CA+NEEDMOARINFO
I naturally play pretty concisely, but I do respond to questions and am more than open to topical discussion.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Primate »

Sorry, it's been a while since I posted last. Trucking through that mass player opinion thing thief wanted to try and get my opinions in line. No need to prod me, though I don't mind if you consider me as being prodded.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Primate »

Right. Done. It's 3am right now, so I'll write them up and get them to you tomorrow when I get back from work.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Primate »

Right. Not done Thief,guy0 or me for obvious reasons. Not done don_johnson
because he's the only person I'm pretty much sure is town and considering no-one has asked me to my opinion on him and there isn't really much suspicion going that way there isn't much point posting my thoughts on him here.

These are unedited in current form, so I imagine you'll have questions or want me to expand on points, just ask.

Beloved Princess.

#44 Votes Guy0 when it looks like he was a promising wagon.
#72 Bit hypocritical given selfs lack of activity. Thief read similar to mine.
#102: Comments on speed of guy wagon, purposefully implying thoughtfulness without proving existence. Opinion on people not voting obvious and incorrect.
#182: Suspicion of SA unwarranted. Like the defense against CA's SA move. Dislike Apprehension of going against the towns majority. Also think the move against CA is odd.
#203: Not voting tell odd to rely on with one big wagon. Missing point of what tell could theoretically be there if at all exists. Speculation on guy wagon is chatter.
#206: Move in defense of Pom interesting because casual and no real reason for it.

Confidanon

#51: Makes sense. Legit but eh point on Guy, fine for early though.
#55: Like turn on guy.
#88: Good.
#98: Agree.
#139: Legitimate.
#161: Weak.
#180: Like Cheap Dig on Emp. SA Conduct Makes sense.
#183-187: Anoyance at unstated obviousness scummy.

Empking

#75: Was weird, suspecting a top two that are attacking each other.
#86: Answer doesn't really answer.
#94: Dislike it in retrospect because it's a gut opinion that was wrong.
#162: Interesting. Assuming lurkervote, moving lurker frustration onto runnoff lurkertarget, not remedying or apologising for lurkerproblem.
#210: Lazy and scummy. Moving in direction of general town mood with general non-specific reasons.
#221: Nonsensical.

Pom

#43: Interesting. Artificial responsibility.
#96 (Plum): Dislike Attitude to scenario, looking at what to do to minimise possible attacks.
#112: Note the fact that she assumed Guy0 was active lurking and wasn't voting him.
#143-145: In #11 Pom complains about chrono putting guy0 at -1 without reason then uses this as her only stated reason to put chrono at -1. Also emphasizes -1 status, divesting responsibility of lynch.
#168: Gut dislike of responding to nightkill targets in the morning, unsure why. Like Questioning Guy0 about targets, scum wouldn't be that obvious. Possibly trying to dissaude Guy0 from not hiding by not mentioning, but that's a slight stretch.

Sleeping Assassin

#66: Dislike always post smiley thing, feels bad-overdefensive. Like Hypo-call. Legit point against Pom for not voting me.
#89: Like his honesty in admitting he couldn't remember his point.
#114: Good Omgus Call. Hand of suspicion in particular.
#150: Legit partner points. Like watcher call. Chrono vote is tarded, but people do really stupid things around VT claims, so pinch of salt there.
#157: Like vote start into day.
#177. Don't like divestment of responsibility of chrono lynch, and that explanation feels really constructed. Rightfully swats down Pom-SA link. Something I'm missing about this post maybe. Sets my gut off.
#195: Dislike backing off on afterthought.
#219: Gut dislikes this one as well.

I'll digest this for a while then come back with a vote I can stand by with backup soon. Two minor things are that 3 of the above 5 need to be scum in my book, but I like to avoid acting on partnership tells in a meaningful way before have one because it's a really nasty way of getting on the wrong track.

Secondly and more importantly, unless we hit scum today, Guy0 shouldn't target anyone. This may be obvious, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Primate »

I just meant because if you target scum you die and we don't get a day 3 due to scum majority. Sorry for being patronising and assuming that you didn't get that though, my bad. There'd been some talk about who you should target and no-one had brought this up.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Primate »

Cheers Emp. I am here and won't be long.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Primate »

Pomegranate wrote:
Primate wrote:Right. Not done Thief,guy0 or me for obvious reasons.
I understand that you haven't done yourself, but I'd like to know how you feel your play is in this game, as well as how you're perceived, and why. It doesn't have to be a big long post or anything, but I want something clear.
My plays been fine with the exception of me being wrong about Chronopie and me not being as active as I could have been, which are both fair criticisms. I'm not going to pretend your inability to read me is my fault if you think I'm scummy.

Alright then Beloved Princess, I'll bite.

Confidanon has 4 votes currently, yours, Guys, Thiefs and SA's.

BP, the reasoning for yours is awful.
BP wrote:I'm going to take a stand as devil's advocate here and vote: ConfidAnon. I said yesterday that one of the people not voting at a certain time was scum. And since OF is dead, we know that person is ConfidAnon.
This is not true. This is a lie. That could be a plausible misunderstanding from a townie, but as a scumtell, this is absolutely not true. Scum don't hammer when someone is at -1 on day 1 because then they will just get run up day 2 for not even giving the guy a chance to claim before lynch, and it certainly isn't the no-brainer you fallaciously attribute it to being.

That's it, all you've stated in the thread. You've hopped on this wagon and ridden it, abusing the fact that everyone else isn't really explaining what they are doing as well, the only other thing you've brought up against him is his lurking, which is fair enough, and you can't really argue against, massively unreliable though it is.

Guy0's Rationale!
wow Thief I'm really glad I hid behind you. you have really embraced your confirmedness. For that reason:

Vote: Confidanon
Thats it! Nothing at all else in the game thread.

SA's Rationale!
SA wrote:Why ask permission.

Unvote, Vote Confid

See how easy that was?

You could have gained town points by bussing sooner ya' know.
Thats it! Nothing at all else in the game thread. They have an argument a bit earlier, but this is SAs only stated reason for voting.

Thiefs Rationale!
Confid, as confirmed town I command you to unvote Sleepless Assassin. I don't want someone at L-1 with so many V/LAs and people who haven't posted yet.

This bothers me. Trying to cast doubt on a cleared townie seems like a scummy action to take.
Is also a horrible reason to vote put someone at L-1.

You putting him at L-1 while saying "well I'll get to Primate later tonight" rings of distancing in my mind while trying to force another claim out of town.

Unvote:
Vote: ConfidAnon
Facetiousness aside this is fair. It was a poor reason to put him on -1. My rebuttal here, and that it's unlikely we'll get him back to confirm/deny it, but that's life, is that he had been voting and suspicious of SA the day before, so that reason he stated, whilst the only one in that post, it's wrong to assume it was the only one total. Night doesn't make you forget the suspicions from the previous day. Voting based on distancing before one of them comes up scum is a silly thing to rely on because it's incredibly hard to figure out (If you can't figure it out easily when on of them is dead why would be you be able to figure it out if they are both alive? )

PS: Also I am not scum and neithers Confidanon. I'm not arguing against this wagon properly because there's not really there that can be argued against. I've got nothing against gut play and concise posts, but I do think the town play suffers when everyone in the game is doing it.

BP Case Coming
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Primate »

BP's post history for reference. Going to ignore posts #15, #17, #111, #208 because they aren't game relevant. Don't mind debating if she disagrees.
All this talk about power roles is bad for the soul~.

Let's lynch scum instead.

Unvote, vote: guy0.
His talks of being thorough without doing any scumhunting do not make me believe he has honest intentions in this game.

Pomegranate, why you don't like me? Are you sure you don't want to get to know each other a little better before making a judgment like that?~
Beloved Princess wrote:
guy0 wrote:Perhaps the reason that I don't seem to be doing active scumhunting is because we're on page 2 with the bulk of posts being either about random voting, or what to do about the hider. What I'm trying to do is move the discussion forward so that scumhunting can actually begin
That's not an excuse~.
Pomegranate wrote:I meant to say that we should play some jump rope and hopscotch together.
I was thinking something along the lines of a candlelit dinner on the beach, with a mariachi playing just for us.
But if you want to play hopscotch, that's fun too.

That Thief guy sounds pretty cool~. He also sounds pretty town~.
Beloved Princess wrote:It's interesting how quickly this wagon has moved~

It seems as though one of the people not voting (ConfidAnon and OpposedForce) are scum.

Chronopie: What is your opinion on Guy0?

Unvote; Vote ConfidAnon
Beloved Princess wrote:
Chronopie wrote:
Unvote

[18:29~33] <KittyMo> It was the lack of content that made me push for a claim. Lurking is anti-town. etc. etc.
[18:29~33] <KittyMo> I find it incredibly interesting that you put someone to L-1 and asked for a claim
on Page 5
without even mentioning what you thought of guy0. Definitely would like to hear more about your thought process in as much detail as possible~
Beloved Princess wrote:Can we please go a little slower? The thread has been open for what, three days? And we have yet another person at L-1?
SA wrote:You think I've been bussing Pom for no reason?
This looks like a major scumslip.
Confid wrote:This bothers me. Trying to cast doubt on a cleared townie seems like a scummy action to take.
It's not.

I'm going to take a stand as devil's advocate here and
vote: ConfidAnon.
I said yesterday that one of the people not voting at a certain time was scum. And since OF is dead, we know that person is ConfidAnon.
Beloved Princess wrote:
Empking wrote:BP: Why do you want it slower?
Why did one of OF or CA have to be scum?
Yesterday ended sooner than I would've liked. I don't want a repeat~

I've found that not voting is a scumtell. I often see when there's only a couple people not voting, one is scum, but it's usually no more than one. That's what brought me to Confid, anyways. I'd really like more information out of him~

Thief & guy -- If you look back at the guy0 wagon, how many scum do you think were likely to be on that? There are only 2 potential scum (don_johnson & Empking.) My guess right now is probably one or none. Your thoughts?~
Beloved Princess wrote:Well ConfidAnon, I believe this is the part where we strangle you~.
Primate is looking really bad by lurking and coasting after that big post. He seems to have a town read on Confid, yet doesn't defend him or push for my lynch (since that's who he's voting). I'd say Primate has a good chance of being scum, especially if Confid flips town~.
Beloved Princess wrote:WHOA!
Now that's a good post. How many hours did you put into that post, ConfidAnon? <-- Serious question by the way.
Beloved Princess wrote:Basically, I really like the post that Plum made when she was pretending to be Pomegranate. I don't think that scum would make that post.

Or maybe I'm just confusing the warm and fuzzy feelings of love with the warm and fuzzy feelings of towniness.
Beloved Princess wrote:Well ConfidAnon, I believe this is the part where we strangle you~.
Primate is looking really bad by lurking and coasting after that big post. He seems to have a town read on Confid, yet doesn't defend him or push for my lynch (since that's who he's voting). I'd say Primate has a good chance of being scum, especially if Confid flips town~.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Primate »

Quick interjection here because I've just noticed something.
Beloved Princess wrote:It's interesting how quickly this wagon has moved~

It seems as though one of the people not voting (ConfidAnon and OpposedForce) are scum.

Chronopie: What is your opinion on Guy0?

Unvote; Vote ConfidAnon
This is absolute bollocks. They were both voting for Sleepless Assassin. Guy0 was the only one not voting.

I don't think it's a lie, neither scum nor town would try to pull off something this blatant. It must just be a retarded mistake. (One that invalidates BPs main reason to stay on the wagon maybe? Nah, she'll stay like a good scum.)
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Primate »

BP has made 14 posts this game. This is the lowest of any living player and beaten by dead players. With non game relevant's ignored that's 10.

In her first post on page 2, she votes for Guy0 for being thorough without doing scumhunting, for his actions in the first one and a half pages. Her reasons are interesting for two reasons, firstly that absolutely no one had done any scumhunting at that point, with the possible exceptions of Pom and Empking, and secondly because the topic being discussed had been discussed in more depth by other players, notably me and D_J, and Chrono and Pom had a least discussed it as much as Guy0. Which begs the question as to why he was picked from a crop of very similar players. Two obvious things are notable about Guy0 in this context. Firstly that Empking had just switched onto him, one of the first proper indicators of suspicion in the game so far, secondly that he has the lowest post count of any of the players there.

When Guy0 points out that there isn't really much to go on, again bearing in mind that at the time BP called him on it, there had only been a page and half of posts, including RVS, he gets not "thats no excuse" a pretty poor platitude if ever there was one.

Now, bear in mind that she is currently voting someone for not doing adequate scumhunting. The first two posts above are her only posts for a week.

When she comes back, she leaves the Guy0 wagon for unexplained reasons, and moves onto Confidanon on the logic that as Confidanon and Opposedforce are both not voting, one or the other must be scum. Now, aside from the fact that this is absolute bollocks and they are both in fact voting for SA at the time, which is such a retarded mistake I must assume it's genuine. And also aside from the fact that the reason itself is bollocks, and when called on it (later) she responds with nothing more than I've seen it before, without even trying to explain why it is a common behavior of scum.

Aside from those two things, the acknowledgment of the speed of the wagon and actions around it are interesting because it shows that she is aware that the wagon is 'interesting' without stating exactly why it is interesting. This could mean two things (again with the two), it implies that she is thinking about the game without actually saying what she is thinking about, thus being an incredibly easy thing for someone to say just to generate content to pad out a post in which someone she might be doing something she percieves as dangerous without stating reasoning somewhere else, the percieved demand of the reader for information as to why she is voting for Confidanon allayed slightly by the assurance she is thinking about it. The second thing, and I think the more likely one, is that the interesting comment is actually a synonym for dangerous here, and the speed of the wagon made BP uneasy, moving off it to someone who hadn't been incredibly active and no other players had really commented on (this was why I picked him when I asked guy that question).

Not really much to the next post. It pretty much parrots the opinion of thief but you emphasized a word.

Was completely inactive during the Chrono wagon so we don't know what she thought about it. This is obviously a real shame, but given her inactivity throughout the game it may be too cynical to look into this specifically as a bad time for her not to be here.

Day 2. She accuses SA of a major scumslip and doesn't really make a move against him. Fairly standard fueling the wagon of the bandwagon leader whilst not actually putting a vote on, putting something on the page that people will agree to without doing much to commit to it.

Also here she makes the comment "I'm going to take a stand as devil's advocate here". This shows the fact that apprehensive enough about moving against the percieved will of the town (confid had no votes, SA had loads), that she feels the need to explain away the fact that she is doing so instead of just doing it. This attempt to get 'ahead' of arguments against her also shows that she is aware that her argument may be percieved as weak, which obviously begs the question as to why she is making it in the first place.

Her next post explains the logic behind the not voting thing. I think its utter tripe and he explanations of it have been terrible, just saying "trust me, I've seen it before", not putting anything down in the post that anyone can disagree with at a proper level, only just agreeing to disagree because we don't have her experience in the games she's seen it, and of course, because she's an alt, we wont be able to ask her which games those are because she wont want to out games she's played in. (If I'm wrong about this I apologise, please do so if you want to.) It also mixes the message from the previous post, whilst before she knew that confide was scum, now she is awaiting more information from him.

Nothing particularly wrong with the next post. If BP comes up scum it incriminates Pom in a fairly obvious way, but deal with that if it happens. It's not even remotely subtle enough to be a legitimate tie, so it'll require some fairly good thinking through.

Next post is probably fair enough in context. Confidanon didn't deliver there.

And that last post of yours was the most obvious attempt to set up a second mislynch after the mislynch of Confidanon I have ever seen. Fuck that. If the town lynches me over you it's retarded.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Primate »

I'm done, emp, do whatever. I'd like BP to respond, your call.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Primate »

PS: We still have a couple of days before deadline. If you unvote now we aren't even remotely in a hurry to lynch and have plenty of time to run up BP, so don't feel rushed. You have my lynch me if I lie guarantee I will vote confid at deadline to ensure a lynch.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Primate »

Whilst your here, BP, care to explain why you lied to the town, ignoring the lie when it was brought up, to ensure confidanons lynch?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Primate »

Primate- tried to push a case on BP mentioed that he wou;d vote Confid but never did, hasn't done very much in general. scumbaaag.
In the case of a deadline. Not because I thought he was scum, but because not having a lynch at the end of a day is bad.

I didn't think Confid was scum, and I was wrong, yes. I went against the opinion of the grand majority of the town because I beleived it was a mislynch and I thought the wagon was gut based and flawed. I still think it was, but apparantly it was also right, so no fault there. The reason I defended Confid and attacked BP at as late a stage as I did was becuase I honestly thought it was a mislynch and I could go for BP yesterday and failing that, hit her today. It wasn't because I wanted to drag the wagon from a Confid, who was on the verge of being lynched by emp, to BP, who was being suspected by me and barely anyone else. I was responding because I thought BP as scum was trying to set me up as a mislynch once Confid turned up town.
BP wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what happened there. I think I'm going insane.
Do you feel that my "lie" had a malefic intent?
Not Really. I think you ignoring it once I brought it up was an attempt to sweep it under the rug because you knew that confid was scum and it would be a non-issue on the other side, any argument regardless of truth justifying itself because he was actually scum.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Primate »

On the second point, there, to clarify, I think the lie itself was an honest mistake regardless of alignment.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Primate »

I was trying to encourage people to go towards the BP wagon and preemptively preparing for the excuse 'but its only two days to the end of day and we dont have time'.

I thought it was pretty likely Confid was going to be lynched and BP wasn't. This was me trying to get support for running up BP and heading off a reasonable argument for not doing so by promising my vote in a deadline.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Primate »

I am awful at this game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”