Open 261: VasudeVa's Vengeful Villa (Town Win)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 am

Post by charter »

If scum get caught, they get lynched. No need to pussyfoot around just because they may have been caught on page three.

Andrew, have you played in a vengeful before?

Right now I'm pretty suspicious of Magna because his discussion points are actually just a bunch of muck that town is going to have to swim through (I realize that I fueled this a little bit, but I feel quite strongly his 1 is wrong). Not voting at this time, however.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 am

Post by charter »

That being said, it also looks like Magna is giving a serious reason for voting, and that reason is bad.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Far Cry

About 95% sure he's scum with the extreme passiveness in his posting so far. Pretty sure he's commented on everyone so far, but has avoided actually saying anything about everyone. Doing an inordinate amount of active lurking. I find it impossible to believe he's town and posted as much as he has and hasn't formed an opinion on anyone.

Amazingly, I find Andrew's hyperparanoia about being quickhammered null right now. On the one hand, he might freak out if he's the GF, on the other, he could be town who has his panties in a bunch. There isn't much pointing in one direction or another, but my gut says he's slightly town, since being at L-2 when you need all three townies to vote you if you're the GF isn't much of a reason to freak.

I'm also finding jmj suspicious, as his post said a bunch of nothing everyone didn't already know AND agreed with something Farcryscum said.

Magna, I question if you know anything about vengefuls. You say scum quickhammering would be suicidal, when scum quickhammering early in a game in just about any game (especially page one in vengefuls) is good play. Like 1000 times better strategy if the GF can get vengekilled and the goon has done even the slightest distancing. It would be unwinnable for town if goon was voting the GF, and GF quickhammered.

All this said, Magna is slightly scummy, mostly null to me right now. I disagree with a lot of what he's saying, but I feel that he believes what he's saying, and isn't trying to pull one over on us. Whether or not he believes that as scum or town, I'm not sure. But what I am sure on is Far Cry being scum.

Magna and Andrew, your read on Far Cry right now?

preview edit. His last post cements it. My vote is only going to move if I can determine the scumteam and who the GF is. At this point, not sure, but I am sure FarCry is scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by charter »

I know. I'm saying scum would most likely win if the GF gets vengekilled and the goon voted the GF or did some other kind of distancing.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by charter »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Charter
– If FarCry is scum, who do you think is likely to be his Partner?
At this point I'm leaning Jmj, with Jmj being goon and FarCry being GF with how Jmj tried to reinforce something FarCry said. Though still a bit early on this.
Magna wrote:Not anything remotely looking like questioning there and nothing in the way of an opinion on anyone’s alignment.
I don't disagree, but I don't think he's scum for it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:51 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, if I knew who FarCry's partner was for sure, I'd be pushing very hard for a hammer.

If he's the Goon, the GF should start bussing right about now. Wait, what the hell, our deadline is in less than a week, pretty ridiculous to have a deadline in a vengeful.
MOD request removing deadline
or at least extending it by a week or two.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:51 am

Post by charter »

Can we get some proddage?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 am

Post by charter »

Actually, I guess it doesn't matter if there's a deadline. There's no nights, so nothing would happen.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #35 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:42 am

Post by charter »

Actually, we probably wouldn't get a vengekill if a townie is lynched if it's 'technically' day two, so request removing deadline again.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #39 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by charter »

Good stuff, we got the Godfather.
Why is my indicisiveness scum and not town?
Scum wait until it's safe to act. Town has to be proactive and scumhunt. You fall under the first category.
Why do you accuse me of lurking? Why are you not accusing jmj of doing the same? Andrew, hasn't brought much to the table. Why can't he be considered lurking?
Active lurking. I don't care about lurkers.
And how does how many posts I've made correlate to my reads and opinions? The point is not how many posts I have made. Just because I have posted more doesn't mean I should have a read on someone.
Enough has happened that you should have reads on players. Everyone else does.
See, the problem with your argument is that's there's only a page and a half. If we were well into D1 with a couple pages of posts, it would be more fair to accuse me of sitting on the fence. Now, I believe it's way to early to have a good read on someone.
Page three is about when the scumteam gets officially nailed down in vengefuls, we're already well into day one.
How does that post show anything?
Playing Magna and Andrew off each other while saying nothing yourself.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #42 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by charter »

Someone should vote Farcry and we can see what happens. I bet he gets confirmed as mafia.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #45 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 am

Post by charter »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:You’ve pretty much tunnelled in on FarCry to the extent of ignoring any other players.
I am pretty sure I have commented on everyone and given reads on everyone, perhaps you should read my posts again. You seem to just be remembering my case against FarCry.

As far as the rest of your post, it's one giant contradiction. You go off on me for talking about Farcry being Godfather but then you vote Farcry. I don't really have any idea why, either. I think it might be because I asked someone to? If so, that's cool, I just want to make sure I'm understanding your reason.

And you also did yourself a big disfavor if Farcry flips goon, since your whole premise for voting him is I think he's the Godfather. So if he does flip goon, then you're getting yourself a bunch of suspicion as well, since what you just did was set up a mislynch on me using Farcry's goonflip as the case (which is weak and wouldn't work anyway, but it's what you did).

What kind of suspicion do I get if Farcry flips town? Why didn't you mention that possibility?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #47 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by charter »

Who are you talking about?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #57 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:58 am

Post by charter »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:You have given reads. The amount of your word-count associated with anyone but FarCry is pretty minimal. Look at your own ISO and tell me if you disagree.
Ok, then I haven't been ignoring the other players like you said. I don't think I've been giving Farcry the overwhelming majority of my attention, but that's neither here nor there, the fact is is that I think he's scum, so of course I am going to type more making a case and pushing it than I am trying to make sense with Andrew or trying to talk with a lurker. I could say you've done the same thing in regards to Andrew, but so what.

Hero's entrance (hello) doesn't do much to alleviate my suspicions that he is the goon to Farcry Godfather. 54 in particular looks like a longwinded way of say just that. I don't know why you (as town) had to specify that Farcry had to be town. I doubly don't see why you (as town) would present such obvious WIFOM like that.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #60 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by charter »

So you think Magna is scum? Who else?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #62 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by charter »

Andrew, who are your top two suspects?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #65 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by charter »

I think we should wait for Farcry to post again before hammering. I still think he's the GF, even moreso with how Hero is trying to play both sides of Farcry. Sometimes calling him suspect, then not really acting on it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #67 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by charter »

I can't understand any of your posts.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #71 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by charter »

Herodotus wrote:It's too early in the game to hammer, I think.

Besides, we should get far cry to post some more.

There is no deadline, remember?
See, that's why I think you're the goon and Farcry is the GF. You claim to be suspicious of him, but you want him to post more, which indicates that you don't want him dead anytime soon. You look like you're trying to buy time to figure out a way to deflate his wagon without making it obvious that's what you're doing.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #73 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by charter »

Herodotus wrote:Consider that:
(1) I know that if he's scum, either he's being bussed (and therefore isn't the GF,) or andrew is his scumbuddy, in which case, :shock:
(2) He hasn't posted since being put at L-1. A hammer is, IMO, very premature.
This fails to take into account the possibility that you're his buddy, which is extremely likely. Your number one in particular is you basically saying you aren't going to vote him, but you're suspicious of him, which once again, him GF, you goon...

After your recent posts, I'm fine with a hammer now if someone wants to. If you want to wait for Farcry to post again, that's fine too.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #76 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by charter »

Herodotus wrote:Every player in this game, other than far cry himself, has him as a suspect. That fact has me a little troubled, though like I said, he's my top candidate for goon.
That tells me we're probably right and his buddy is just trying to fit in.
Hypocritical much? Reread your post 65 and tell me how you're being consistent in post 71.
I just wanted him to post one more time, then hammer. Now I don't care if he gets another post in. I'm not looking for him to start posting again and contribute or whatever. Just wanted to see if he'd give up his buddy, but I feel you've already done that. I got the impression you wanted him to post and contribute some more and you might or might not vote him based off his posts. My mind is already made up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #77 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by charter »

Man, I'm done with this rinky dink arguing.

I vote hammer away, Andrew.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #78 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by charter »

And for the record.

Farcry - Godfather
jmj/Hero - Goon
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #82 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by charter »

Magna is GF and Farcry is goon.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #103 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 am

Post by charter »

Good work Andrew.

I think Magna's plan was good in theory, but I don't think it's practical to actually pull off (for the reason that happened here). Had we lynched Magna while he and I were voting Farcry, no chance at all of town winning this game, but luckily we didn't stand around scratching our butts while they set that up.

Thanks for modding VV.

Return to “Completed Open Games”