Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Confirm.
drmyshotty is scum, calling it now.
With a win record of 0-1, I'm officially the worst player on here.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Sternly glare: ConfidAnon

I'm not too sure if you were joking.

Oh, yabba? I wouldn't exactly go for that. That just gives me a bad impression right there. Why are you voting on an incredibly random hunch? Random lynching right off the bat is kind of a scumtell. At least, for me. Then there's the fact that ConfidAnon could also be lynching for the sole purpose of getting rid of people. And then there's brokenscraps voting for the absolute newguy, which is probably wrong.

FoS: Everyone who just voted (yabbaguy, brokenscraps, ConfidAnon)

(If it isn't clear to anyone, I'm new to this game. Not that new, but not that experienced.)
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

*sigh*

This blame game is hard. Also, I'm not scum. You can go ahead and lynch me if you want, townies, but that's exactly what the mafia want.

What sucks for me is that I haven't exactly browsed some of the other games you guys are in, so I can't see any of your strategies. Oh well.

Anyway, I noticed the whole Cheese wagon (GET YOUR PROVOLONE HERE!), and...well, I'm not too shocked. Again, I'm rather new to this game. The only reason I really had some suspicion to the first voters is due to...well, I dunno, voting right off the gate? I mean, what if they're wrong? But of course, that could also be a sign of scum (although I'm sure most who play as scum don't succumb to that so easily). So what other knowledge did I have? As of then, absolutely nothing.

Yes, I guess you could say I slipped up by overreacting. You could also say that it makes for a wonderful alibi for any scumtells. But here's the problem: As stated by brokenscraps, I'm not that cunning. I'm not masterful. I'm not that great. I wish I was, but I'm not. And then there's the fact that that's my
first post
. Sure, I may (and I probably did) garner your suspicion towards me. But did I really deserve all those votes? I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to have looked at someone weirdly for randomly voting barely after the game started. And why would I defend something that doesn't exist (i.e. scummy behavior)? I barely said anything.

And let me ask you this: Did I vote? At all? No. All I did was look at someone and tell them they're acting suspicious. However, that seems to be grounds for lynching. But let me tell you this: You wanna know why I haven't voted? You wanna know why I'm not pulling all the OMGUS crap out right now? Because I'm being cautious, or at least trying to be. Because I'm a townie. Do you really think that someone who says RLing day 1 is bad would be scum? Do you?

For personal opinions and to further the game, I suspect shotty. Honestly, "I'm voting X because X is scum" isn't exactly a good reason. If you wanted to randomly vote, just say so. What you just did looks really bad. And as broken said, a mislynch ends up in a dead townie and no scum. If that doesn't matter to you, you're either a bad goon or a horrible town. I will now go butt into other conversations.

@whatami

Sure, joking around and not telling anyone so is bad, but he did say he was (albeit not in the way one would like). Why are you getting so worked up over a joke, anyway?

@ConfidAnon and Da_Mafia_Godfather

I'm not that great. Sorry. I don't know what you were expecting, but I'm not a mastermind. *shrugs*

@yabbaguy
yabbaguy wrote:It's not trying to get anyone to believe that I was actually trying to create insight and seriously put a case on shotty. Yeah, I thought that anyone who thought I was more popular as a result of this would be a bonus, but not at all in the gameplay sense of it.
Then why joke around?

@drmyshottyizsik

Yeah, again, your voting skills are awful. (No offense.) Let me go further into why I say so.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
vote
cheese

he is scum
How would you know? There's no cops. Why vote? Was it my post? If so, what part? You've neglected to mention this.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I already know he is scum
and now aren't I at L-1 page 2?
...again, how would you know whether or not I am?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:it doesn't matter who we lynch guys unless they are scum they won't die. We are simply choosing who the scum will night kill.
It matters. A lot. The only difference is instead of getting two dead townies, we only get one. And losing a townie is still bad, no matter how you look at it. So how does it not affect things?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:oh it does, that's why I'm voting scum
Okay, so you're voting me because:
1) You want to hit scum.
2) In your unexpressed logic, I'm scum.

It would be perfectly fine if you actually supplied a reason for this.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:eh oh well, Cheese is scum
Again, how am I scum? Either you're not good at debating or you're in a rush. I hope it's the latter.

Don't treat this as an OMGUS post. You can if you want, but it's not that. I'm just wondering why someone voted me
for absolutely no reason

GFFoS: drmyshottyizsik
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

brokenscraps wrote:Consistent.

Horrible, but definitely consistent.
I concur.

DMA, I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say we get it. But seriously, I can't say anything else. I'm just not as great as you suspect. I don't know what else to do. I've pretty much run out of options. And your relentless "Cheese is scum, he's manipulating our perspective" isn't helping anyone's case. Some part of me wants to just say "Okay, you've got me, I'm scum," just so we can get this over with. But again, I'm town, and that wouldn't result in anything good.

shotty, enough. Can you actually give us something other than constant "cheese is scum, just because" messages? I'd actually like to see your reasoning behind this. As my freshman English teacher once said, "You can't just go running around giving evidence in a debate without backing up your proof. Here's a question you should ask yourself: 'Sure, I've got the evidence. So what?'"
...except you don't actually have any evidence.

And yes, we have two mislynches. But I, for one, don't want to use them all up right now.

Vote: Nobody
because I can't do
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

CheeseDeluxe wrote:
Vote: Nobody
because I can't do
Derp. Meant to say "because I can't read anyone".
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
unvote

I really don't know if cheese is scum, that was all just rvs bull shit
*facepalm*
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

@yabbaguy
Well, fine then.

Vote: whatami
because he can't focus on any one person. At all. What I see is a person trying to undermine everyone else in the game.
Everyone
. Except for DMA, who I also suspect.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

whatami wrote:cheese your opportunism dissapoints me.
...'kay.
whatami wrote:I see no reason to focus on when person when any or many of the few that I am looking at currently may be scum.
And yet you kept on tunneling yabba.
whatami wrote:Yabba, your relentless arguing has stopped I take it? Enough people have been acting scummy in addition to my read on yabba that I am beginning to doubt myself.
Just because other people have been acting scummy doesn't mean that the one person you kept tunneling isn't scum. I'm not saying that yabba is or isn't scum, I'm saying that you're not too consistent.
whatami wrote:Thus I look for other targets.
That would be the very definition of opportunism, hypocrite.

My vote stands at the moment.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

What...?

I demand explanations. >:C
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Okay, I guess I was stretching it in hindsight.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

@what

What did I do in those posts, exactly?
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:What is a newbie. Cheese is scum.
Oh good lord. It's probably the other way around.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Yes, its not like I've just expressed a town read on What, did I? Sotty's wagon is probably a wagon on town too
No, but what does that have to do with anything?
And shotty hasn't said anything other than "Cheese is scum" and "DISREGARD THAT I SUCK POPSICLES"; the latter being the most recent comment.
whatami wrote:disagree, stalling creates deadlines to scum advantage. If I vote shotty day ends , I dont think we want to do that yet or I would've. Another point against yabba from my pov. wagoning is of course a scumtell. Are you nuts?
Who the hell said I was stalling? Voting nobody in a game with no VT lynching is essentially abstaining (until three others do it as well (which won't happen)). And so long as there is CONTENT-FULL discussion, deadlines won't happen in a while. Sure, a deadline will eventually come. The key part of that, though, is that it will
eventually
come. It's not like it's around the corner. It's like saying one should yell at me because I'm not getting fireworks for Fourth of July.
Wagoning is NOT a scumtell. Like someone else said, it's a requirement of the game.

Like before, my vote stands.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

whatami wrote:wagoning is most definitely a scum tell, your ridiculous. unvoting is fine, voting nobody is not.
WAGONING IS HOW YOU GET SOMEBODY LYNCHED! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME!!

I'm sorry, but come on. If there weren't any wagons, how in the hell will lynches happen? Answer: They won't.

Oh, and one more thing? You've JOINED a wagon. The Cheese wagon. That would make you a giant hypocrite and a scum from your logic.

It would also make you hungry, since some butthead took the last cube.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Broken argued that I was ignoring everyone but you. That was clearly false.

Oh yeah, Cheese totally broke character in his last post (proving that it was an act).
...character? I'm not playing along with anything. I don't get it. Seriously, just bold or highlight what contradictions I've made. OH WAIT, I HAVEN'T.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:ya so cheese and what are scum, end of story
YOU'VE BEEN OVER THIS.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Am I the only one who has just noticed that What is at three votes?
Sotty, since I've called you town what do you think of joining me on Cheese?
So you're pretty much bribing him, then. Trying to point out that shotty is town, then asking him to vote me? That's...well, quite scummy. Or just plain wrong, but who really cares about what I have to say anymore?
brokenscraps wrote:
whatami wrote:please explain to me how I joined this wagon on cheese?
When you... well you didn't, Cheese please explain.

[stuff about wagoning here]
Well...okay, that might have--no, that WAS poorly worded. Should've said "about to join the cheese wagon". You keep going on about how I'm using opportunism, wagoning, and about how those are both scumtells. Then you go on to say that I'm scum for doing that.

You're still wrong about the wagoning.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm up for a cheese lynch
No, really? Gee, wouldn't have guessed from the posts that you've made.

tl;dr: GOOD SHOW MOD. CAN I LEAVE NOW
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

brokenscraps wrote:WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?
Mostly EXTREME AMOUNTS OF STRESS. Most of the time, I use allcaps for YELLING instead of emphasis. For instance,
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:
CheeseDeluxe wrote:
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Broken argued that I was ignoring everyone but you. That was clearly false.

Oh yeah, Cheese totally broke character in his last post (proving that it was an act)
...character? I'm not playing along with anything. I don't get it. Seriously, just bold or highlight what contradictions I've made. OH WAIT, I HAVEN'T.
Seriously, just bold or highlight what accusations of contradiction I've made. OH WAIT, I HAVEN'T.
RIGHT FUCKING THERE
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

...Hammered?
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Honestly? Fuck this. DMG is pushing a case on someone he calls "really really scummy because he's trying to trick us". I'm fucking serious, I don't know what the shit you were expecting, but it's obviously a lot better than who I am. If he's town, he's doing a really bad job. If he's scum (and I'm beginning to see more of this), he's...well, still doing a bad job.

I will begin the railroading now. I suggest you duck...or jump. Yeah, jumping would probably be better.

First off, DMG, I'd like you to explain your constant friendliness with shotty. For this moment, let's say I'm not holding anything against shotty (which I do, but only because of unreasoned railroading). The only thing he's ever posted was "CHEESE IS SCUM VOTE HIM". Funny how that's also the only thing YOU'VE ever posted. Why do you constantly railroad me based off of what you call a "derpy durr" comment?

And then there's the whole fact that barely anyone knows what you're talking about. Not that this is a huge scumtell bluh bluh I'm dumb, but can I actually see an in-depth analysis of one of my longer posts by you? I don't think that's ever happened. Ever.

Another question. Why was what "obviously town"? He was kinda an opportunist. Odd, seeing as how that didn't set you off on the least. Or is it because he never voted you? This helps my "you're not helping anyone" point - If you're town, you're really, REALLY biased. If you're scum, you're using a town death to lynch me.
DMG, every single time wrote:Cheese is clearly trying to trick us into underestimating him. Therefore he's probably scum.
Well, fuck. I've been found out. I'm such a clever bastard, yet I can't get out of this one.

You think I'm that great? Why don't you fucking prove it, you smug asshole.
brokenscraps wrote:"since I've called you town" = here is a town read
"what do you think of joining me on Cheese?" = now you vote for who I want

Town read offered for voting who you want.
I thought I just said that a while ago.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:[quotewall goes here]

Every single long post Cheese has been a bunch of AtE. Also, this post is evidince of "but can I actually see an in-depth analysis of one of my longer posts by you? I don't think that's ever happened. Ever." being a complete lie.
One: Not all of it has been "a bunch of AtE". It's
just defense.

Two: You know what I see? Certainly not the in-depth analysis I asked for. All I see is a break-up of one of my longer posts marked by numbers and "happy with my vote". That's it. So "'I haven't seen you give anyone an in-depth analysis of my longer posts' being a complete lie" is a lie. For those of you who just lost interest halfway into that sentence (and by no means do I blame you), I'm saying that he never really
did
give a reason.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:[whatami] was "obviously town" because newbies should be read as newbies. He was clearly newbie-town just as you are clearly experienced-scum.
H...what? This is my first game here. If I'm right, this should also be whatami's first game here. So, let me get this straight. According to you:
1) whatami is a newbie-town.
2) I'm an experienced scum, so I should be lynched,
even though this game is
both of our firsts
? How does that work? And when I said I have experience in playing Mafia, I didn't say I was a goon. I was always picked for town, strange enough. So how could I have experience in something
I've never even done
!? And that's beside the point, too. When I say I'm not that great, I'm being arrogant.

Okay, you know what? Fine. I'm scum. Lynch me. Paint a giant target on my forehead and use a giant nuclear warhead on me. Just...just stop with the insistent idiocy. I've had it with your bullshit and I'm not standing for it anymore. Sorry to everyone else who wants to play, but SOMEBODY DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO FUCKING STOP.

Good fuck, man. You better be fucking scum, or I will go track you down and I will personally vig you.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:37 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Oh hey, DMG actually picked apart one of my posts and added words to them. Let's go take a look, kids. (Change of mood? Change of mood. I'm feeling a little better.)
CheeseDeluxe wrote:
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:[quotewall goes here]

Every single long post Cheese has been a bunch of AtE. Also, this post is evidince of "but can I actually see an in-depth analysis of one of my longer posts by you? I don't think that's ever happened. Ever." being a complete lie.
One: Not all of it has been "a bunch of AtE". It's
just defense.
No its a "bunch of AtE".
...so, it's not "a bunch of AtE", it's a "bunch of AtE"? Your quotation marks tell me so. [/stupidjokes]

Two: You know what I see? Certainly not the in-depth analysis I asked for. All I see is a break-up of one of my longer posts marked by numbers and "happy with my vote". That's it. So "'I haven't seen you give anyone an in-depth analysis of my longer posts' being a complete lie" is a lie. For those of you who just lost interest halfway into that sentence (and by no means do I blame you), I'm saying that he never really
did
give a reason.
I gave four reasons just in that post I gave you. I don't think the points need explaining.
...you stated the evidence as reasoning. Evidence does NOT equal reasoning. Try again, and with a little more passion this time.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:[whatami] was "obviously town" because newbies should be read as newbies. He was clearly newbie-town just as you are clearly experienced-scum.
H...what? This is my first game here. If I'm right, this should also be whatami's first game here. So, let me get this straight. According to you:
1) whatami is a newbie-town.
Do you disagree?
It's a little hard to tell, really. How would anyone know right off the start? Unless the mod gave you some info on the side, that is. And sure, I think he's a newbie town, but only because his death actually read newbie.
((Sorry, what.))
2) I'm an experienced scum, so I should be lynched,
even though this game is
both of our firsts
?
Its
your
first on
this site
Yeah, and what could play at other places too.
I didn't say I was a goon. I was always picked for town, strange enough.
Oh that's a load of bull.
It can happen! I understand your unbelief, so I don't blame you for this one.
And that's beside the point, too. When I say I'm not that great, I'm being arrogant.
AtE
Fair enough. Although I really am not that great, so whatever.
Okay, you know what? Fine. I'm scum. Lynch me. Paint a giant target on my forehead and use a giant nuclear warhead on me.
AtE
Hell, probably. I need to stop taking this so personally.
Just...just stop with the insistent idiocy. I've had it with your bullshit and I'm not standing for it anymore. Sorry to everyone else who wants to play, but SOMEBODY DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO FUCKING STOP.
Ad Hom.
Dude, that applies to your
entire
case. I counter with hypocrisy. Ball's in your court. ;)
Good fuck, man. You better be fucking scum, or I will go track you down and I will personally vig you.
This is clearly false feelings.
...and how do you know what I'm feeling? What I'm feeling right now is that some weird guy is trying to lynch me on just AtE. And he keeps making a case out of it, just beating me up more and more. And I'm getting really irritated. Clearly someone
else
has no feelings at all.

...I'm taking this waaaaay too seriously, aren't I?
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Also, CA or Shotty unless you're pretty convinced of my being scum would you mind unvoting so the "newbie" doesn't quick hammer considerring he'd be able to get rid of the player who is suspicious of him while noty getting looked at for it (because he's a "newbie").
...I don't hammer unless I have a good point. Which I really don't. (Can you consider "This guy's making a distraction out of something pointless! GO LYNCH HIM" a point? I think not.) And it's
four
to lynch, not three. You have TWO votes placed on you: brokenscraps and drshottyizsik (the latter for reasons I don't know). CA voted for shotty (and again I don't know why, so don't point at me and say that I have the answer).

Sure, I hold grudges. But unlike you, I
don't
get rid of those that keep bitching about me. I get rid of those who are the most suspicious. Yes, my metaphorical rocket launcher IS aimed at you. But I'm not pulling the trigger.

Not yet, anyways. Let's see how this plays out.

By the way, nice quote marks. At this point, I'm gonna stop saying that I'm a newb because everyone but you seems to get the point.
CheeseDeluxe wrote:Honestly? Fuck this. DMG is pushing a case on someone he calls "really really scummy because he's trying to trick us". I'm fucking serious, I don't know what the shit you were expecting, but it's obviously a lot better than who I am. If he's town, he's doing a really bad job. If he's scum (and I'm beginning to see more of this), he's...well, still doing a bad job.
First off, DMG, I'd like you to explain your constant friendliness with shotty. For this moment, let's say I'm not holding anything against shotty (which I do, but only because of unreasoned railroading). The only thing he's ever posted was "CHEESE IS SCUM VOTE HIM". Funny how that's also the only thing YOU'VE ever posted. Why do you constantly railroad me based off of what you call a "derpy durr" comment?
Can you respond to the both of these? Or are you trying to defend yourself and your slightly baseless argument that I'm scum based on AtE? I left two paragraphs here, ripe for you, but you just leave it there.

If you don't get to it soon, it'll spooiiiiillllll~
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Hey, mod. Quick question. Can I post in a spoiler if I have a massive quotewall? I don't wanna bother anyone.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

MASSIVE QUOTEWALL ALERT. THANKS, DMG. SPOILERED FOR EVERYONE ELSE'S SCROLLING CONVENIENCE

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I fail to see how I've insulted you. It seems to me that I'm the only one to credit you with any intelligence.
...who said anything about insults? [baseless] And for the other half, are you insulting everyone else, perhaps? HMMMMM? [/baseless]
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:I don't know what you want me to reply to the first one but I guess I'll say... Ad Hom and AtE?
Ad hominem? Maybe. But not AtE.
Quick question: Have the other scumtell tools in your toolbox rusted or something? Because AtE and Ad hom have been the only two reasons you wish to lynch me.
I'd like you to explain your constant friendliness with shotty.
What friendlines? He's clearly town and I'm treating him as such.
So a person who agrees with you is automatically a townie?
Great Scott, everyone, I know how to fix this!

The only thing he's ever posted was "CHEESE IS SCUM VOTE HIM".
Almost as if he isn't concerned with self-survival but just lynching scum.
Uh, even if I
was
scum, that's a stupid strategy. One must keep alive
to
lynch scum.
Why do you constantly railroad me based off of what you call a "derpy durr" comment?
I don't. You have absolutely committed the highest number of scum tells in this game (even if we pretended you weren't experienced).
Because you absolutely don't pay attention to any other people EVER.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:What happens when I point out somebody is using an awful, awful lot of AtE.

1. Nothing - Neither pro-town or Anti-Town.
2. Cheese stops making every other sentance an appeal to emotion - Pro Town
3. People realize that Cheese is Scummy Mc Scum - Pro Town

I don't see a scum motivation for calling out AtE.
1. Nothing? As the first step? I don't think "nothing" qualifies as a step unless you're referring to waiting.
2. It has come to my attention that if I don't get to the facts, you start bitching. I've been trying to keep it at a minimum, but apparently my attempts have beeen futile. And how is it Pro-Town? Getting one to shut up ≠ Town benefit.
3. ...I honestly don't know what to say. Just because Person A shuts their trap doesn't make Person B think Person A is scum.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Yabba, was it me or Cheese who demanded a response to essentially every paragraph they made (or at least the ones I didn't respond to)? (Hint: Its Cheese)
(Don't bring other people into this. And don't you say I did, because you and I both know I haven't.)
Well, gee. You think a request for a detailed response going to someone who only provided "evidence" would be the standard, but apparently it isn't.

And now for the part where DMG tries to bring yabba into this.

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Also, yabba, who is the one who posts stuff like "...so, it's not "a bunch of AtE", it's a "bunch of AtE"? Your quotation marks tell me so. [/stupidjokes]" which only serves the purpose of being "pointless squawking" and contribute to "quotewalls"?
Good fuck. I try to give everyone a chuckle and you go off on how it's pointless. I've seen that somewhere.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Secondly, do you agree that Cheese is using AtE and Ad Hom. Or in other words do you agree that Cheese is clearly " is deliberately trying to ignite" my emotions.
He said that
you
were trying to ignite
my
emotions. Out-of-context quoting much?
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Thirdly, do you agree that "AtE" is not an argument that can really be rebutted in that simplicity and could if being used against a member of the town be an easy way to stop "quote wars".
...are you trying to say that AtE can't be simply rebutted and is a good way to stop quote wars against fellow town?
The AtE argument doesn't stop quote wars. In fact, it just causes them to go longer. So stop.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Fourthly, do you agree that for the most part my posts responding to Cheese are not asking from a response from Cheese. Or at least not of the size that Cheese responds with?
I like to be thorough, unlike you. I've addressed every part of your arguments, but all you have to say is 'AtE! AtE! AtE! AtE! GET'M MA!"
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Fifthly, do you agree that your being tricked by Cheese makes your reads on myself and Shotty extremely suspect when it comes to accuracy OR to put it less accurately, if Cheese flipped scum and myself and Shotty still lived would your read on us have changed?
You sound like a tabloid reporter. Who's to say that he's been "tricked"? And I don't think you're considering the chance that I'm town. It MAY make him look a little bad, but I don't think you've pointed out that yabb and I have barely interacted. (For the record, that's another example of your not being thorough.)
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Sixthly, if you are of the view that obly one of me are Shotty are scum that scum would equally as likely attack Cheese Day 1 as scum.
...not to be rude, but could you please rephrase that? I got a question as a statement, which read "You think that shotty and I are one-or-the-other-scum and scum would attack Cheese just as likely as another scum?"
Doesn't make sense.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Seventlhly, if you said yes to the first point, do you agree that your reads on players haven't been great thus far (see: What for further information). And as such you should wait for flips rather than presuming your substandard reads are accurate?
Oh, funny. Me doing that warrants a vote from you, but his doing that warrants you being a dickbag to him? That's not fair. (Mostly the whole "YOU'RE A DUMBASS" part. I'm pretty sure he doesn't deserve that.)

yabbaguy wrote:
BBQ FallacyUsing a buzzword or a string of meaningless letters (e.g. OMGUS) in an attempt to explain everything about someone's argument, when in fact it serves no purpose.
hehehe
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

The mostly useless portion of Cheese's mentally-deficient post.

yabbaguy wrote:Spoilering is worse, Cheese. Get off your debate podium and actually stick your head in the game.
Wait, mafiascum runs on phpBB3, right? In the forum I came from (which
also
ran on phpBB3), the spoilers were tucked in hammerspace, which would open if somebody clicked "show spoiler". So why are the spoilers different here?

(...says the idiot who didn't click "preview".)

Anyway, I apologize for the recent quotewalls. They were as hell for me to write as they were for you to read, believe you me.
yabbaguy wrote:AtE blah blah blah adding fuel to his already berserk emotional state.
yabbaguy wrote:berserk emotional state.
Can I start believing I have a mental condition?

That was half a joke and half a request.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I realized that cheese was only scummy because I wanted him to be and I was looking for things to make him scum
Alas, shotty, this world sucks. There's a can of Pepsi on my table, but I wanted it to be a can of Coke. So I looked for things that might make it Coke. But anyway you look at it, it started as Pepsi and it will be drunk as Pepsi.

I'm pretty much done being useless now. So without further ado, the not-so-useless part of Cheese's mentally-deficient post.

brokenscraps wrote:[DMG's] interactions with shotty are getting weirder and weirder each post.
yabbaguy wrote:This argument's hit a brickwall.
Amen.
Shameless wagon hopping, do you mind saying which parts of his post you agree with or if you have anything new to bring to the table?
Other than the bare basics of you being scum I don't remember agreeing with him about anything.
Any reason for switching votes besides the fact that nobody was buying you scummy and horrible case on cheese?
You're both equally scum so I decided to hop on the scum player with another vote.[/quote]
And mind telling us why you're so confidant shotty is town?
His posts aren't written with a scum motivation (just like What's and unlike Cheese's)[/quote]

1 - ...but that's WHY he's nailing you. From his perspective, you're voting him based on nothing but another person's vote. It raises eyebrows.
2 - Uh, what? Nobody switches cases like that. And "pressuring a scumbag"? What was that all about? What told you that he's a scumbag?
3 - Okay, how would you even know that what and shotty are BOTH town-motivated in the first place? And how would you know that mine are written with a scum motivation? shotty just RVS'd me for the most part of Day 1 without any explanation, and what kept wagonhopping. Sure, my first few posts weren't exactly convincing (hell, I'd argue that they were my worst posts of the game), but you're telling me you had
no suspicion of them whatsoever
?
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I realized that cheese was only scummy because I wanted him to be and I was looking for things to make him scum
That's not how it works.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Good fuck, and you expect me NOT to make a quotewall out of this, DMG? Hypocrite. Since I actually decided to preview what my post looks like clean and free (and it looks huge), I'm just gonna spoiler it.

With the right tags this time. *facepalm*

Spoiler: Part One
CheeseDeluxe wrote:1 - ...but that's WHY he's nailing you. From his perspective, you're voting him based on nothing but another person's vote. It raises eyebrows.
I've made my suspicion of BS perfectly clear all day.
Not really.
CheeseDeluxe wrote:2 - Uh, what? Nobody switches cases like that.
Yes they do. Town want to lynch scum. You and BS wouldn't switch cases like that due to your focus on looking good rather than lynching scum. I'm happy with either of you two dying.
Town lynches scum by forming a constant bandwagon, not by switching cases randomly.
CheeseDeluxe wrote:And "pressuring a scumbag"? What was that all about? What told you that he's a scumbag?
Yabba, Shotty and CA. I would like you to pay especial attention to the wording of that question. Its not a "why" (why do you think he's scummy) its a "how" (How did you find us out.)
You didn't answer the question. Also, it was "how" as in "how would you know", not "how did you find us out".
CheeseDeluxe wrote: 3 - Okay, how would you even know that what and shotty are BOTH town-motivated in the first place?
Well What flipped town and I've already told you why I consider Shotty's play coming from town.

yabba: Notice how he makes an insincere apology for the quote wars but then just repeats himself in order to create one.
Yes, what flipped town, but he
was
pretty suspicious. And shotty doesn't exactly seem motivated at all.

I wouldn't resort to quotewalling if you didn't keep bringing them up.
CheeseDeluxe wrote: And how would you know that mine are written with a scum motivation?
You have not scumhunted all day. Pick whatever definition of scumhunted you want. You haven't done it. (Nor attempted it.) All you've done is make big posts that only amount to sitting on the fence.
I haven't scumhunted because you keep getting in the way with your massive quotewalls.

Spoiler: Part Two
CheeseDeluxe wrote:
That's not how it works.
Yabba: What do you think of this untruth that Cheese is trying to peddle? (presumbly to try and get CA to return to Shotty.)
No, seeing someone as scummy because
you want them to be
and then trying to find evidence that supports it isn't how you play the game. (Coincidentally, that's how you've been playing too.) You play Mafia the other way around: You find evidence FIRST.
And why do you constantly keep asking yabba qusetions? If you two are a scumpair (which I really in all honesty don't see happening), you're pretty much blowing his cover. Thank god he's perfectly rational.
ConfidAnon wrote: rational thinking blah blah because all it's been so far is bad arguments from DMG and frustration from Cheese.
No! FFS, that's what Cheese wants you to think.
It's what I want you to think because that's exactly what's been happening.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Cheese: DMG, reply to me!
DMG: Reply
Cheese: Oh poor frustrated me. Give me your pity.
Trying to answer this without making it look like what you call Ad hom is pretty hard. I'll give it a shot, though.
Cheese: DMG, reply plz.
DMG: Bad unrelated argument.
Cheese: Goddamn it, answer the question.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Actually, CA maybe you're right. Are you (CA) able to produce a quote where Cheese makes a proper scumhunting stand?
Again with bringing other people into this. You ought to stop doing that.

There, nice and neat.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Hey, mod? Something minor, but...

Spoiler: something minor
TheButtonmen wrote:
Alive
(7)
:

Da_Mafia_Godfather
drmyshottyizsik
CheeseDeluxe
yabbaguy
ConfidAnon
brokenscraps

Dead
(0)
:

whatami
shot N1.

MUST NOT RESPOND TO USELESSNESS
...FAILURE.
ConfidAnon wrote:Unless I'm overlooking a buried shining piece of logic, I've seen nothing from you that's not under one of the following two categories:

1. The fact that he could possibly have a master plan to disguise himself as a newbie (and your evidence for this is that he displayed common sense, which is not directly related to experience level).
2. Any statement made that you have tried to force underneath that premise.
OK how about his attempts get pity, his common sense in one post contradicting his utter lack of it ("Vote: Nobody", if you were curious) in another, his refusal to take stands, his purposeful hurting of the town (his quotewars), his utter lack of any scumhunting of any sort.
I can respond to all of these:
"Attempts for pity": Honestly, I don't need anyone's pity. What makes you think I do?
Common sense or something: Well, gee. I thought I said that "Voting nobody to me is pretty much abstaining", but I think you deliberately skim over those quotes.
Refusal to take stands: How can I when no one else is talking?
"Purposeful hurting of the town" (the quotewars): You COULD just stop talking, you know. And quotewars aren't "hurting" the town, they're just irritating the town.
Utter lack of scumhunting: Again, no one else is talking. I'd go scumhunt if you weren't always in my damn face.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

ConfidAnon wrote:10 oz. filet mignon seasoned with the house variety of spices and served with au jus, horseradish, and steak sauce on the side. Pick two sides of your liking. Specially made to order every time.
Alright, sounds like a plan. So...
*points at shotty*
shotty, what have you to say about all this business? I'm genuinely interested in your opinion, seeing as how the only reason you've ever given in this game is "RVS bullshit". A penny for your thoughts?
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

ConfidAnon wrote:Remind me to follow you into another game . . . . you have good one liners. ;)
Aww, thanks.
yabbaguy wrote:
Cheese wrote:Utter lack of scumhunting: Again, no one else is talking. I'd go scumhunt if you weren't always in my damn face.
Why not? I don't see how this somehow magically absolves you of anything.
Admittedly, it doesn't. But I can see DMG making a big fuss over how "I'm not answering his questions --> I'm hiding something ∴ I'm scum", and I really don't want to have do deal with that. Unless, of course, plain ignoring people until they bring up something new isn't frowned upon here.
yabbaguy wrote:I still think DMG's opportunism outweighs the Cheese problem. Voting brokenscraps only after Confid hopped on board, there's a lot of scum gain in just shoving the wagon along. He's going to contest it was simple Town wagonning trying to acheive a lynch, but I think it was more like scum seeing an escape path. Note how he's pressed already, if he is scum, that's an escape path he's carving out.
Why does scum-DMG have to wait for CA to change his vote? Why didn't he vote Shotty?
Because the hypothetical scumDMG wants a little safety with voting brokenscraps. Mayhaps it would bring a big argument if he was the first to vote him. And why didn't scumDMG vote shotty? Because scumDMG is still trying to sheep shotty.
brokenscraps wrote:1. Not able to come up with a convincing case so forced to jump onto other people's wagons.
2. Not prepared to bus your partner.
Also good reasons. (I'm still not commenting on brokenscraps. I've not seen enough yet.)
It's a matter of "what caused him to suddenly snap and want to end the Day" being the magic question.
Or you could ask the more accurate question then has relevance to the thread: "What caused him to snap and suddenly want to put worthwhile pressure on scum" and the answer to that is: That's an awful question, he's been doing that all game its just not it was more effective by joining forces with CA.
Oh, bullshitbullshitbullshit. Accurate question? More like incredibly biased. Try what yabba said first. And that's also an incredibly biased answer. One, you've not been putting pressure on scum, you've been irritating a slice of cheese. Two, it was NOT more effective by joining forces with CA. It's done nothing.
yabbaguy wrote:That's such a load of bullshit. Can someone please throw a hammer?
Hold on, I'm not quite convinced/infuriated enough.
Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Town Motivation: Increased chance of lynching scum.
Scum Motivation: I'm at a lost. Would you mind filling it in? Especially considering (unless you think I'm shamelessly leaping in bed with my scum buddy) you think we're scum together.
Town Motivation: NOTHING.
Scum Motivation: Getting another possible townie lynched. Has anybody gotten a read on brokenscraps
who isn't you
? Sure, CA, but he has a legitimate reason. You, on the other hand, are just hopping on a wagon on someone you call scum for no reason.
brokenscraps wrote:
DMG wrote:Why does scum-DMG have to wait for CA to change his vote? Why didn't he vote Shotty?
1. Not able to come up with a convincing case so forced to jump onto other people's wagons.
This is utter nonsense and scum saying whatever looks goods (admittedly a wise move considering the laziness found in this town).
That is NOT utter nonsense. And "laziness of town"? That's insulting.
yabbaguy wrote:Can someone please throw a hammer?
I thought this would never happen.

Hey, DMG? I think I speak for everyone when I say...
STOP. HAMMERTIME.

HAMMER: DMG

Let's just hope he's scum.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

/:|
Do I really have to adhere to voting standards? Or is button away? Either way, VOTE: DMG.

Again, let's hope for the best here.

Tuesday and Wednesdays are busy for your mod sorry.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Mod: Oddly enough, I'm currently in the same status as brokenscraps. Weird, huh?

brokenscraps wrote:As for who is scum, I'm still most confidant in a shotty lynch especially due to his dramatic drop in post-count and interest in the game (for anyone who has played with him before this isn't typical).
Okay, call it an extreme change of heart, but I'm not so much for lynching anyone right now. It's LyLo and I don't really feel like losing here. I've no evidence, nor does anyone else. So far, the only lynches have been on those who look like idiots. And unfortunately, they were both town.
(Wait, what?)
brokenscraps wrote:Part of the reason I was suspicious though was due to his interactions with DMG
I guess, but it was mostly DMG trying to sheep shotty. I wouldn't exactly blame him.

My butt hurts.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

yabbaguy wrote:I've been lurking due to exam studying which I'm still procrastinating on. I'm still thinking about #2, but again, can we
please
dispense with shotty today? Please?
A little quick with this, aren't you? As if you were trying to get rid of everyone?
FoS: yabb

brokenscraps wrote:Yeah, looking back at it most of the scummy content was coming from DMG, who was town... go figure.
A real kick in the pants.
brokenscraps wrote:But looking back at it the thing that strikes me most is the relative little amount of post he has made since day 2 compared to his usual play. Shotty as town normally looks scummy but he normally get much more involved in the game. This game isn't like that at all, it's like he's trying to slip into the background.
I tend to ignore how people play in other games. He
could
be trying out a new strategy for all we know.

But yeah, good point.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

yabbaguy wrote:
A little quick with this, aren't you? As if you were trying to get rid of everyone? FoS: yabb
WHAT?

WHAT?

WHAT?

That is a
terrible
FoS. That's seriously a grasp at a case on me.
Not really. I just felt like pointing that out =P
yabbaguy wrote:But please, I would love to have shotty dispensed with, and somehow it keeps getting derailed. Can people please tell me a) that they agree me or b) why they're not planning on voting shotty anytime soon? The fact that this wagon has gone nowhere repeatedly has driven me up a wall.
I'm not voting for shotty anytime soon because he hasn't really done much other than constant tunneling on me (and it's been a while). While I AM all up for lynching him, I don't want to do it because I don't wanna risk losing another townie. I'm not saying he is, but it could happen. Hell, it happened TWICE. IN A ROW.
brokenscraps wrote:Cheese: If you had to pick a most scummy player who would it be? You seem to be avoiding saying much about your suspicions.
Mmm, I...really can't. shotty hasn't done ANYTHING, you and ConfidAnon have constantly been quarreling for what seems like no reason (
I could be wrong I could be wrong I could be wrong
), and yabb just really,
really
wants to lynch shotty. Equally scummy. And yet...not very much.

No further comments.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

...well, damn. I guess I just ended the game. GG, guys. Let's hope, like with DMG, that he
was
scum.
VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

((shotty, have I told you how hard it is to type your WHOLE screenname?))
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

yabbaguy wrote:
YES!
:twisted:
yabbaguy wrote::twisted:
God.
DAMN.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Sorry guys. Ugh. Alright, where are the resignation forms?
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

My horrid logic says it's ConfidAnon.

Sorry, brokenscraps and shotty. *facepalms*
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Hmm. In hindsight, I was kinda rushing there.

Well, that's what I get. Onto new games~
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

yabbaguy wrote:Yeah Cheese, remember one thing. It is a game about lynching people, and you can't really get away with the sentiment of "I don't really feel like getting anyone lynched right now". You're allowed to be unsure, but at some point in the game, you really have to decisively take a stance. Not doing so could be seen as not scumhunting, which is scummy.

Also, make sure your emotions don't blast off like they did this game. You got so hung up trying to combat DMG that you ended up getting completely detracted from the scumhunting goal.

You can get a lot more useful tips if you play in the Newbie queue, which I think should've been your first stop. Hey, who knows, I may be your IC. Maybe as the same alignment no less. :D
All great tips.
yabbaguy wrote:And again, DMG = Empking?
With that weird comment Empy made, it sure seems like it.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:21 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

...I feel weird now.
CheeseDeluxe
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
CheeseDeluxe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 am

Post by CheeseDeluxe »

Yes: This should really be used in Newbie games. No, just newbie games. Of course, that won't prepare them for any "real" games.

Return to “Completed Open Games”