ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: Da_Mafia_Godfather

There's no godfather in the setup. Obvious fakeclaim is obvious.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

CheeseDeluxe wrote:
Sternly glare: ConfidAnon

I'm not too sure if you were joking.

Oh, yabba? I wouldn't exactly go for that. That just gives me a bad impression right there. Why are you voting on an incredibly random hunch? Random lynching right off the bat is kind of a scumtell. At least, for me. Then there's the fact that ConfidAnon could also be lynching for the sole purpose of getting rid of people. And then there's brokenscraps voting for the absolute newguy, which is probably wrong.

FoS: Everyone who just voted (yabbaguy, brokenscraps, ConfidAnon)

(If it isn't clear to anyone, I'm new to this game. Not that new, but not that experienced.)
Most games on this site begin with an RVS (random voting stage). We basically screw around until someone says something meaningful enough to start discussion.

I now declare the RVS to be over, as I don't like your first post compulsively stated your newness in a kind-of-defensive manner.

Unvote, Vote: CheeseDeluxe
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:43 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Da_Mafia_Godfather wrote:Da Mafia Godfather also dislikes the way that Cheese
does something absolutely crazy
and then mentions (as a side note) that they're new as way of explanation. It feels like a trick.

Vote: Cheese

Da Mafia Godfather also does not like the way that CA declared the RVS over as such Da Mafia Godfather will
FOS: CA
I'm not entirely sure what you meant by the bolded.

Could you please explain?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

whatami wrote:lets try this, yabb just started us off with a bunch of techno babble, fractions, and percentages that are inclined to makes us trust him without actually providing anything useful to this game "he said so himself". However in saying so and in addition to the techno babble that sounds math like and "I'm informed hey trust me" look. He has attempted to divulge himself of all responsibility of posting in this fashion by admitting that the post was useless or a "random vote". The vote has nothing to do with this and rather the foundation he attempted to establish with the vote. Thus I am perfectly content to state that yabb is scum and that your better reason for not voting me is because your vote could be placed better elsewhere. without further ado
vote yabb
You realize that post was a joke, right?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:56 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
vote
cheese

he is scum

Unvote, Vote: drmyshottyizsik

That was L-1. On page 2.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

brokenscraps wrote:I'm curious as to what Confid and DMG (and perhaps shotty, it would be nice if we had some more explaining from him) saw in it that I may, apparently, be missing.
It was the random tagline saying he was new. Kind of setting up the "i'm new" defense without really needing to. I could see a new player, as scum (or as town, but to a lesser extent) wanting to guard their posts from suspicion.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

CheeseDeluxe wrote:Anyway, I noticed the whole Cheese wagon (GET YOUR PROVOLONE HERE!)
I LOL'd. Best quote of the game thus far.
CheeseDeluxe wrote:And let me ask you this: Did I vote? At all? No. All I did was look at someone and tell them they're acting suspicious. However, that seems to be grounds for lynching. But let me tell you this: You wanna know why I haven't voted? You wanna know why I'm not pulling all the OMGUS crap out right now? Because I'm being cautious, or at least trying to be. Because I'm a townie. Do you really think that someone who says RLing day 1 is bad would be scum? Do you?
No, I don't. I also don't like this defense. On this site, generally, cautiousness is more beneficial to scum than town. Now I'm not saying you should push delusional cases and whatnot, but scum have more to lose from putting their neck out there than town (the guillotine operator is town, after all).

However, I'm getting newtown vibes from this post. I have no idea where I could have gotten the idea that you were newer (=P), but my vote is staying on drmyshottyizsik.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:32 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabbaguy wrote:On the other hand, shotty, I demand rationale for your vote. You're not funny, you're not good, nothing. Just stop. This problem far outweighs the newbie/AtE headache that Cheese is offering.
QFT
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Unvote, Vote: whatami

You were very committal with the bad case on yabbaguy.

Yet you are uncommittal with Cheese, which has a much better case?
whatami wrote:cheese your opportunism dissapoints me. I see no reason to focus on when person when any or many of the few that I am looking at currently may be scum. Yabba, your relentless arguing has stopped I take it? Enough people have been acting scummy in addition to my read on yabba that I am beginning to doubt myself. Thus I look for other targets.
I find it interesting that you say there's no reason to focus on one person now, when you were just a few posts ago only focusing on yabba.

Also, your the one who ended the argument by not responding.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:49 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

whatami wrote:ok yabba I am suspicious of cause of his first post. Cheese I am suspicious of because of posts number's 53 and 63. Shotty I am suspicious of because of posts number's 33, 35, 37, and 50. Better reasons? and if I vote suspect number one he gets lynched and I don't think anyone is ready to end the day yet.
So shotty is your top suspect? Where do yabba and CHeese fall in line behind that?

Also, those aren't reasons. You need to explain why said posts are suspicious. You've already done so with yabba, I know, but not with Cheese and Shotty.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DId this game die?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:36 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

^ I love how the above says "four to lynch," then sends out four prods.

Lynching four would solve any replacement issue. :P
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabbaguy wrote:Baseless.

shotty, as usual, has nothing relevant to him, and I don't know why Confid swapped for what he felt was a better case. Yes shotty's said nothing scummy recently, probably because he's said nothing recently. Get the drift?
I don't want to waste day one. I agree, shotty is completely worthless. But Day 1 wouldn't get much done (or be exciting at all) if all we did was just wagon him to a lynch, ya know?

-------------------

DMG
- In any game, to lynch requires a majority of votes. In order to attain a majority of votes, you have to vote alongside others, also known as joining a wagon. Town need to get scum lynched to win. Therefore, the act of wagoning itself is not a scumtell. There's a difference between scummy wagoning and town wagoning, although I'm not experienced enough to have a good explanation of that difference for you.

Using common sense does not a break of chraracter make.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Cheese - not every game is like this on this site, FYI.

This game is just . . . yeah . . .
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

For now,
Vote: drmyshottyizsik

Will reread either later tonight or tomorrow night
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:19 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

ConfidAnon wrote:For now,
Vote: drmyshottyizsik

Will reread either later tonight or tomorrow night

You see, I totally forgot about this.

Will do it this morning.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Alright, the quote walls
are
annoying. Geez. I'll admit, I skimmed, but I'm fairly sure I have the gist of what's been going on. Really, there are only two conclusions I can draw from them:

brokenscraps/DMG is most likely not the scumpair.

Cheese/DMG is most likely not the scumpair.

yabba has been making sense all game, but its really not a tell of his alignment - just makes him stand out from the rest of the player list, who, for the most part, have not been making sense. However, my gut tells me town on him.

brokenscraps has also been making sense, but I'm not as confidence of his alignment as I am of yabba's. I do NOT like how broken treated whatami last round. Even though both of them were VI's, he attacked DMG a lot but only asked polite questions to whatami. And then there's this gem:
brokenscraps wrote:And if you actually think shotty is scum why are you trying to gauge others' opinions instead of actually voting yourself?
UNVOTE: shotty because my radar is tingling on what and I don't really see a what/shotty team. Not ready to quicklynch though.
Sets up suspicion of whatami and unvotes shotty. Yet he never votes for whatami. Instead, he just reverts to the DMG argument for his vote at the end of the day, and then continues to vote him today. What really strikes me as odd is how shotty plays into this. Shotty was broken's first serious vote, but it was mainly for the policy reasons that pretty much all of us have been voting shotty for. He didn't really add on anything to that, just left the vote there. Then he jumped off of shotty because of his suspicion of whatami, something else that he never acted upon.

I think this points to a broken/shotty scumteam fairly well. While I don't care which one goes first, I think our efforts are best focused on broken right now.
Unvote, Vote: brokenscraps
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

broken wrote:Shameless wagon hopping, do you mind saying which parts of his post you agree with or if you have anything new to bring to the table?

Any reason for switching votes besides the fact that nobody was buying you scummy and horrible case on cheese?

And mind telling us why you're so confidant shotty is town?
All of these are good questions. Answers please.
broken wrote:This is a misrepresentation of my posting yesterday, I asked questions in two posts (and not all of these could be considered polite) and yet was engaged with what considerably more, can you please explain why exactly you feel the need to exaggerate and lie?
I don't think you quite understand by point. Sure, I'll give you the exaggeration (done for conciseness/ease of understanding's sake), but there is no lie here. My point is that your behavior towards whatami felt more like that of an experienced vet mentoring a newer player, while your treatment of DMG felt more like a full on case. The two players had similarly erratic playstyles, so the differing treatments strike me as keeping pressure on one likely lynch while continuing to push your own case, giving you (if scum) the flexibility to maneuver your vote between the two cases as you see fit. What did happen was you keeping your vote on DMG and letting the whatami lynch happen.

Also, I find it interesting that you cherrypicked that portion of the case. No comment on the flatlining of both your whatami "radar tingling" and suspicion of shotty?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DMG - Do you know about confirmation bias?

It's a logical fallacy where you start with the conclusion (CheeseScum) and make the evidence fit that. I think you have a bad case of that here, and your reasoning for reaching the conclusion in the first place is terrible.

But everyone's already pointed that out. From here on out, I'll be ignoring the quote wall arguments. Someone tell me if something worthwhile is said - because all it's been so far is bad arguments from DMG and frustration from Cheese.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

In regards to 183, by DMG:

Is that something scum would write? Scum and town are both equally capable of producing quote walls. Town and scum are both capable of hypocritical statements as well. Just because you see hypocrisy doesn't mean it is indicative of a scum alignment.

And in regards to 181:

I'm not digging through all that. I also see no relation of your question to my post. Unless I'm overlooking a buried shining piece of logic, I've seen nothing from you that's not under one of the following two categories:

1. The fact that he could possibly have a master plan to disguise himself as a newbie (and your evidence for this is that he displayed common sense, which is not directly related to experience level).

2. Any statement made that you have tried to force underneath that premise.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

DMG wrote:OK how about his attempts get pity, his common sense in one post contradicting his utter lack of it ("Vote: Nobody", if you were curious) in another, his refusal to take stands, his purposeful hurting of the town (his quotewars), his utter lack of any scumhunting of any sort.

No seriously, CA find a single Cheese post where the motive is to lynch or find scum rather than to protect himself.
Cheese already answered some of this stuff, but I'll give you answers from a more unbiased viewpoint. The attempts at pity is a genuine point, albeit not a strong one. I interpret it as more of a playstyle thing than a tell. Yes, I know that was my reason for suspecting him early on, but in the beginning of the game any reasoning is better than random. The common sense, as I believe him when he says he explained, was him abstaining from voting rather than seriously pushing a no lynch. This is something I could easily believe, as many players, especially newer ones, like to withhold their vote until they are sold on something, regardless of alignment. The refusal to take stands and lack of scumhunting are decent points, but I'd like to point something out. These quotewars (which, to address that point, you are guilty of as well) obviously take some time to type up the posts. When you get to the thead and see that you have questions to answer, you answer tend to answer those questions first. When those questions number approximately 357182438201483, it takes a decent amount of time to answer said questions. I would argue that the quotewars kind of limit what the players involved can do to just the quote wars (I know, I've been in them before).

Honestly, I think that all's been said that needs to be said in the quotewars, based on how much of it there is alone. It's clear that you suspect Cheese (and that summary in your above post is a much more protown way to state it than quotewalls). It's clear that Cheese disagrees. Let the thread quiet down, and both of you send your efforts to the other four players, and see what comes up. Later, after the quotewars have died down, refusal to take stances/scumhunt becomes a much more valid point.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

CheeseDeluxe wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:10 oz. filet mignon seasoned with the house variety of spices and served with au jus, horseradish, and steak sauce on the side. Pick two sides of your liking. Specially made to order every time.
Alright, sounds like a plan. So...
*points at shotty*
shotty, what have you to say about all this business? I'm genuinely interested in your opinion, seeing as how the only reason you've ever given in this game is "RVS bullshit". A penny for your thoughts?
Remind me to follow you into another game . . . . you have good one liners. ;)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabbaguy wrote:Realizing it's consistent with the brokenscraps suspicions from earlier, I still think it's (old word resurfacing here) scumvenient more than anything.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. Are you saying DMG and brokenscraps are consistent as a scumpair? Because I don't see that at all.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Welcome to lylo.

yabba - why isn't brokenscraps scum? You made that comment at the end of the day, and I didn't get a chance to ask why.;
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Alright, sorry, we had a failure to communicate. Does the flip of DMG change anything about your read of BS?

Everyone Else
- Who are the scum pair? You all know how I feel on the matter.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Where'd everybody go?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabba - My suspects are still BS and shotty, as I stated during Day 2. Hence my line "you all know where I stand."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:29 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabbaguy wrote:Replacing out under pressure = scumtell, and a selfish play at that. Note how a quick glance at Show Recent Posts shows he didn't replace out in any of his other games.

But I suppose we probably should wait for the replacement.
Naw, I'm fine with voting him.

Vote: drmyshottizsik
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I rushed there as well.

I remember, at the beginning of the game, I thought "Wow, if Yabba and BS are scum, we're screwed."

But good job. :D
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

yabbaguy wrote:Saying "brokenscraps isn't scum" metaphorically to ConfidAnon's face was my most daring move of the game. I'm pleased I was able to do that.
That comment actually set off my scumdar a bit . . . but then apathy set in.

But I still failed, and you two still did great.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

This mechanic should be used in mountainous games, methinks.

Return to “Completed Open Games”