hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Thu May 03, 2012 7:43 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Amrun, not for the back and forth (WTF?) but because of two town reads early in the game.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

Hard to read the game with the Amrun/Chrimi argument, but will try some ISO's on different people to get things developping. Will be back later tonight to do so.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

@Sotty
In post 93, Sotty7 wrote:No Hero and hops.

I find the opening exchange between the two interesting but no one else seems to care.
I'm not sure what "exchange" you can speak of. I only made an RVS vote. Not sure what you are hoping to infer from that. As for Hero's reply, I just take that as a new player who logs on to his first game, sees a vote on him and doesn't understand it. Null-tell IMO. So, could you explain what is interesting about it? And Chrimi's #120 doesn't cut it. I RVS-voted Hero in my first post, and then put a more reasoned, though still early, vote on Amrun for something I dislike early on (early town reads). No quickvoting and no wagon hopping.

In fact, regarding early town reads, I have trouble believing them, since it's so early in the game. I can get behind suspicion of some players, but to generally write-off players as town early in the game (not confirmed town, but still skewing the reading of the game for a player) I don't find is helpful. Not that's it scummy, just meaningless.

In post 105, Amrun wrote:
This is a terrible, terrible post.
So, bad, in fact ...
VOTE: hoops
How can you use a half a page exchange as an excuse not to read the game? This is classic scum stalling.
It isn't so much not reading the game, as having trouble getting early reads. The exchange itself may have been half a page, but there was a whole other page with many posts talking about that exchange. Makes it hard to jump into for me. Also, not an excuse, so don't make it out to be an excuse. I take responsibility for not being active early on.

@drmyshotgun
In post 115, drmyshotgun wrote:...Wrong answer Hoops, wrong answer.
VOTE: hero_bash
What are you referring to?

@Chrimi
In post 121, Chrimi wrote:
I don't like what Hoops is doing though....
What am I doing exactly?

Finally, I don't like Elmo's quick vote change. From post 107 to 114, (span of 8 minutes, with 1 other post in between) went from a Hero vote (easy target) to me. Seems opportunistic. Also, don't like the early moves of keeping thoughts or suspicions to himself (Posts 46, 55, 65 and 72).
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elmo
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by hoopsmcgee »

@amrun, I'm not saying that early game conversation is useless. It's just not conducive to get good reads early on in the game. In later days, the conversation can be enlightening with flips and all, but to have good reads on many different players early on is rather bogus. However, it is totally inaccurate to state I didn't try to determine anyone else's alignment. I responded to some accusations and asked questions of my own to get further content from players. I also placed a vote on elmo with reasons. But nice try with that misrepresentation. And now that I'm more in the flow of the game, you will see worthwhile content from me, don't worry.

@drmyshotgun, still see no link between me and your comments as well as justification. I've re-read that whole section a few times and it ain't getting clearer. Did you mean to say "Wrong answer Hero"? Otherwise, it makes no sense.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by hoopsmcgee »

@Sotty, are you confusing me and hero? Because I wrote 130, not Hero.

@Splitfarvle, with not much to go on, my vote was more to get a reaction that to lynch scum. As our votes are our main tool in the game as town, I feel we should use them to put weight to what we say. In early game, it's not so much for scum-lynching, but more for the game to progress (beyond RVS).

@Elmo, I see what you are doing with my vote on you, and it's rather manipulative. For one, calling the vote an OMGUS doesn't make it so. Especially when you don't even take the time to look at it properly. Also, you misrepresented my other point. I didn't say you switched votes a lot. I said that I didn't like how you quickly changed your vote. Really not the same thing, but I guess you wouldn't notice the difference if you just skimmed it. Defend yourself or ignore it if you want. But there's no need to reinvent what I said, especially with your poor attempt at it.

@Amrun, I accept that I hadn't really posted any content until today. But having spent a lot more time reading the thread, and with the increase in posts lately, I will be more active and you will see much more content from me.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

@Sotty, I say that hero's reaction to my RVS is a null-tell because I don't want to jump to conclusions. Saying it's townie or scummy would be more in line with what you were accusing me of. I take it is a new player suprised at an early vote. Doesn't make him town or scum, I just don't think his reaction can be interpreted to gain insight on his alignment.

@Chrimi, it would be beneficial to all if you could back up your statements. Why exactly am I "flying off the scumcharts"? I back up any accusations or suspicions I have and I admit that my first posts were devoid of any content. I am to blame for not putting effort early on to really get things going in this game. How is that indicative of scum? Is it scummier than throwing out baseless or unfounded accusations?

@all, there's no rush to lynch anyone right now. We still have 8 days. If people want to see me lynched, please build some kind of case so that others can judge the merits of it and I can defend myself. Also, for those pushing for Hero's lynch, he's currently playing like a VI/SI. I propose he be our fall-back lynch if there is no one better as although he doesn't read obvscum to me, it doesn't seem like he'll be helpful either.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Tue May 08, 2012 8:27 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

I'm being honest about why I had difficulty getting into this game. If my goal was to lurk, I definitely wouldn't be posting like this with larger posts that invite scrutiny. If you are concerned about lurking, I suggest you check in on glowball (who's about ready for a prod) and splitfarvle. Or you can look towards Elmo for cruising (mostly fluff content).
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

Come on Elmo, you know you've been cruising. Check your iso, there isn't much substance in there. Except if you count your "hunches" and "reasons" that you can't/won't share with everyone for unspecified reasons.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by hoopsmcgee »

For the last time, I wasn't active in the game until recently. Call it cruising, lurking, scummy or whatever else you want, but I admit to it and will take whatever heat I deserve. However, I am admitting that that was how I started the game, but that I am more involved now. And that is saying alot more than other players who are still at this moment, lurking/cruising and yet being overlooked. As for amrun's questions about going on hunches, you were making a reference to my accusation on Elmo. My problem isn't so much elmo's hunches, but rather his shadyness in hiding the motivation for his hunches, letting us know there's a reason for his suspicions but not wishing to share them. That to me is scummier and hence my vote and pressure on him. And my case isn't hypocritical because I have moved on from that. If elmo did some actual scumhunting in this game, I would further my read on him by taking into account his posts, not just keep pursuing an old line of attack regardless of new developments.

@Chrimi, following your 125, who do you suspect most of being scum on his wagon?

@splitfarvle, what are your views on amrun? You have placed two votes so far, and, interestingly enough, in both of them you were defensive of amrun.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Wed May 09, 2012 7:13 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

@Elmo, can you elaborate on your vote? Your previous post is a perfect example of why I feel you are cruising in this game. Even if it's your meta, it doesn't make it pro-town.

@Chrimi, I am asking who you think is the scummiest from that wagon. Even if you didn't look into it then, I would like you to do so now to get your thoughts on these people.
hoopsmcgee
hoopsmcgee
Townie
hoopsmcgee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #11) » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 am

Post by hoopsmcgee »

Sorry for the absence. Didn't plan on being away for so long. Will catch up and post this evening.

Return to “Completed Open Games”