Open 416: SCIENCE - Experiment Complete.

Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Quinter »

Alright hi. My internet was down for a bit and I'm currently very busy. I'll try to post by the end of today.
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Quinter »

Alright, I read the thread (12 minutes, timed it).

I'm not going to give a big summary so I'll just give posts that I thought were interesting.

- This case focuses on Elmo's early posts. It's exaggerated and the best "scumtell" from it is avoiding the question, which really isn't even accurate based on the posts. Early FOS goes on O2tN.

- Scigatt doesn't like 55, FOSes him, O2tN replies with another "avoiding the question" FOS, which leads to a Scigatt vote and subsequent wagon. TheShadow, who had been (word meaning not very interactive with other players) to this point, pops in and votes Scigatt because he "had a large scum-vibe". This is putting Scigatt at L-1 with an unexplained vote on the largest wagon. FOS

- I liked Voided's reaction and the fact that he admits that he still suspected Scigatt at that time but didn't want to put him at L-1. Townread.

- Don't normally like quiet people chiming in just to vote, but I feel like he has the same thought process I do about Shadow.

- Shadow siteflakes, probably not game related. SOAD's posts are much better as they are much more in depth and explain stuff. Slot isn't as much of a FOS.

- Bad post, after rereading his ISO, he only asks questions and applies pressure without any analysis of his own. My vote is on BS, and I like it there. This guy needs pressure because he's been going through this day without much any.

Summary
FOS on O2tN
FOS on Shadow
Townread on VM
FOS BS2000
SOAD's posts are a lot better than Shadow's
Scigatt is probably town based on interaction with my scumreads

I originally had O2tN and Shadow as a team, but after ISOing O2tN, he's been townreading SOAD heavily, which I doubt would be a scum-scum interaction. No way they buddy that hard d1. I'm thinking O2tN and BS2000 now.

Reminding people my vote is on BS2000 and would be if it wasn't already
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Quinter »

In post 211, Om of the Nom wrote:So why am I scum?
I mean, you only say the bad stuff I did, but where's the explanation as to why it's bad?
Is exaggerating the case really that bad at that early in the game? What did you think of Elmo's reaction to the case?

Exaggerating is blowing up things out of proportion and making them seem more "scummy" than they actually are. Yeah Elmo wasn't the most explicative but they were half-assed reads anyways. Elmo obviously didn't care much about this game or was too busy to focus on them.
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Quinter »

Scigatt should claim
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Quinter »

Ok, I'm going to vote O2tN or GNR if they don't claim masons.
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Quinter »

yeah nice try

Vote: Om of the Nom
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 am

Post by Quinter »

Probably shouldn't have hammered that quick but I don't want you to change your mind and it should be obvious that me and OftN are not the scumteam
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Quinter »

In post 266, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
In post 264, Quinter wrote:Probably shouldn't have hammered that quick but I don't want you to change your mind and it should be obvious that me and OftN are not the scumteam

???
Then who is it. I'm town, and we have the 2 masons who claimed.

Also, Om
I was lynched D1 in OvTvS and lynched D2 in O391
Tell me, how does going to endgame make me scum, my record indicates that I never do

Implying I'm an idiot who can't use process of elimination

Also, using your record as meta is laughably fake, considering the size and length of this game.

Om of the Nom wrote:Actually I'll be nice and give you guys a hint.
The last scum was on my wagon :V
Oh wait, logical thinking will produce the same conclusion.

Oh well.

WIFOM, as your entire play today has been. You knew you were going to die when a mason voted you so you attacked your partner with extremely shitty evidence, "Everytime I completely forget that GNR was even in the game, he always ends up scum", (direct quote btw).
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 am

Post by Quinter »

In post 274, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
In post 263, Quinter wrote:yeah nice try

Vote: Om of the Nom

In post 264, Quinter wrote:Probably shouldn't have hammered that quick but I don't want you to change your mind and it should be obvious that me and OftN are not the scumteam

1. Look at this. Admits to hammering fast, and then tries to disatnce himself from Om

Quinter wrote:WIFOM, as your entire play today has been. You knew you were going to die when a mason voted you so you attacked your partner with extremely shitty evidence, "Everytime I completely forget that GNR was even in the game, he always ends up scum", (direct quote btw).

2. Yeah, it was shitty evidence to vote me, but why would he vote his partner this late in the game? Of course he would vote me there, he didn't want everyone (the masons) know that you guys were the scum team.

3. If you still don't know what to think, I can you give you a link too my previous scum games. My playstyle throughout them is very similar.

1. Process of elimination. I had you and Om as confirmed scum from my point view the second neither of you counterclaimed. I saw the opportunity to hammer and did it before Om could switch the vote. I had previously stated I would hammer as soon as possible. Bad case

2. The mafia were forced to bus or at least pretend to bus because there were 2 scum in a pool of 3. Given that a clear was voting OotN on lylo and that I had him as confirmed scum, OotN KNEW that I would be hammering once I posted. The GnR vote was useless and an attempt to create WIFOM about me vs GnR or subtly bus him.

3. What has your playstyle this game been? Inactivity and hastily made posts? I'll go through them all.

- Random vote on flipped scum, no real danger to OotN, so probably a distancing attempt for later.
irrelevant
- Votes Shadow for voting Scigatt. I had the same thought process about Shadow, so this vote wasn't exactly poorly reasoned, but it's interesting that he shows up just to vote.
- Townreads both Elmo and Scigatt after being questioned by OotN. Scigatt can be explained by the Shadow vote, but he hadn't previously mentioned Elmo and Elmo had little to no interaction with Scigatt/Shadow.

Om of the Nom ISO:
Just kidding, this post sums it up nicely.
- Not to mention he flip flops between Elmo/me, voided, and Scigatt the entire day, changes to Scigatt under the excuse of "deadline approaching", and takes the time to pressure Elmo and question him before moving to Scigatt.

Vote: Guy_Named_Riggs
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Quinter »

Oh well. Sorry for the quick lynching day 2 Om, but Malakittens was sure about you and I had to play the part. Elmo played horribly and would have been better off just lurking or replacing out faster. It's surprising there wasn't a bigger wagon on him when I arrived. I knew we were in deep shit once VM flipped VT instead of mason and our only chance was to get GnR lynched. I picked SoaD over Malak because I hoped someone would pick up on SoaD's stance on me (townread) vs GnR. Question to all: Do you think scum would have fared better if they had counterclaimed the mason team?
Malakittens wrote:
VOTE:QUINTER

I was getting feelings from Elmo on possible scum vibe. Felt like Ootn last few posts on GNR was to put off the wrong track when it was flipped.

If I pick wrong.. I'm sorry :/

Interesting how OotN's bus on Elmo was ignored while a more forced "bus" on GnR was used. What made you think OotN's wall on Elmo was a bus?

Yeah mod was pretty much perfect for this game, thanks for modding bro.
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 am

Post by Quinter »

6. Mafia Encryptor (giving Mafia daytalk) is heavily dependent on what the scumteam is. If they're good at using the QT, it's absolutely devastating. If not, then it's nigh-useless.
It doesn't matter who the Encryptor is compared to the goon, since if either of the scum dies, they lose QT chat anyways.
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am

Post by Quinter »

In post 298, Om of the Nom wrote:Yeah, that's exactly why I was not afraid to bus Elmo in the early game.

You should have bussed his ass to no end

Return to “Completed Open Games”