Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 431 - Sword Swallowing - Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by saulres »

Game Rules

(stolen with permission from Tierce who shamelessly stole from Magua. Then I changed them quite a bit, so I'm not giving them credit.

Oh wait.)

General Rules

1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them and then do not break them. Some of them are so important they're listed here as well, because redundancy is your friend. Redundancy is your friend.
  2. Play to win. Players want to win legitimately, don't ruin their enjoyment by playing against your wincon.
  3. If you can, do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, ask me in the thread to fix it for you.
  4. Do not quote in the game thread any PMs between you and me (including role PMs), or quicktopics, or anything else that originated outside of the game thread. This includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
  5. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or anything like that.
  6. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator. The shade of purple known as #8000BF is my color. Don't use it or anything close to it.
  7. Unless the moderator has specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until I have announced that the game is over.
  8. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
  9. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  10. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
  11. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil.
  12. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day.
  13. I reserve the right to change the rules. Rule changes will be updated here as well as posted in thread.
  14. If I happen to not be online but you know the game is over (for example, if scum get a quicklynch in during LyLo), please let me post the final scene before revealing the ending or otherwise discussing the game.

Activity Rules

1. If a player goes 72 real life hours without posting, I will prod them. Prods will be announced in thread. You can ask for a prod if you want but odds are I'll have beaten you to it.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, or is prodded three times in total within the game, I will seek a replacement. If the player comes back before a replacement is found I may allow them to continue. If it is night and there is only one scum left in the game, I
    will
    extend the deadline until a replacement is found and can be given time to catch up (usually 24 hours). Other extensions will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
  3. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread. Don't PM me, don't post in the V/LA thread, post in this thread.

Deadlines

1. Each game day will have a deadline of
    fourteen
    real life days.
  2. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, a No Lynch occurs.

3. Each night will have a deadline of
    two
    real life days. I reserve the right to end night early if I receive actions or "end night" PMs from all players before the deadline.
  4. If a player has a night action, or a group has a group action, but the player or group does not submit a choice before deadline, they will perform no action.

Voting

1. Votes must be bolded, and in the format of
    VOTE: Player
    , using either the bold or the vote tags. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. Unvoting is nice, but is not necessary.
  3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched.
  4. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  5. If you are dead, that is it. Do not post. Not even a "Bah" post.

Setup-Specific Rules

1. Any time a Vanilla Townie would be lynched instead a No Lynch occurs.

Players
(bold means confirmed, *=prod)
Siveure DtTrikyp

IceGuy
repl. Xalxe* repl. Amrun*

Scigatt

Om of the Nom

Thomas

funkybike1
repl.
splitfarvle**

TheShadow

Spoiler: Still living and performing
Scigatt
Om of the Nom

Spoiler: Throats sliced
Thomas killed N1
Siveure DtTrikyp killed N1
funkybike1
repl. splitfarvle**
endgamed
IceGuy
repl. Xalxe repl. Amrun*
endgamed
TheShadow endgamed

Important Events

Day 1 ends
Xalxe replaces Amrun
Day 2 ends
funkybike1 replaces splitfarvle
IceGuy replaces Xalxe
Day 3 ends
Last edited by saulres on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am, edited 31 times in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by saulres »

Setup

2 Mafia Goons
5 Vanilla Townies

Mechanics

Any time a Vanilla Townie would be lynched instead a No Lynch occurs.

Role PMs

Mafia Goon

Welcome, <Player>. You are a
Mafia goon
, along with <Player>.

Abilities:

-Factional communication: During pre-game, and during the night phase, you may talk with your partner
here

-Factional kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill by posting
Kill: Player
in your QT. [Note: Whoever submitted the kill will carry it out unless otherwise specified]

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM.
[/area]

Townie

Welcome, <Player>, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm via PM.
[/area]

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by saulres »

The invitation came directly to your house. You almost threw it away with the junk mail but fortunately, the words on the outside of the envelope were in bright red on yellow, so they caught your eye.

"First Annual Central Park Sword Swallowers Convention! YOU are invited to attend! Details inside."

You quickly tore open the envelope and devoured the contents. Well, not literally, because you don't eat paper, you don't have pica. But you get the idea. The chance to display your craft to your peers is something you don't normally get, as the circuses always seem to be travelling at the same time.

You quickly made arrangements and left for the hotel the convention was to take place in. You checked into your room, relaxed for a bit, then headed to Conference Room A for the dinner reception.

Arriving, you quickly found your placecard for seating, and as other filled in you sized them up. None of them looked nearly as talented as you. You felt very superior to them all (as you are, but let's keep that between you and me).

Eventually all seats were filled except one. Then in walked the most dashingly handsome man you've ever seen. If you're female you wanted him, if you're male you wanted to be him. He walked to the podium and began to speak.

"Welcome one and all to the First Annual Central Park Sword Swallowers Convention!" He waited for applause but you were too in awe of him to bring your hands together. "I'm your host, saulres, and I'd like to say a few words."

So distracted by his beauty were you that only some of the words came through. He talked about the history of sword swallowing, sword swallowing in Europe today, etc. When he was done you were left with a vague impression that each day of the convention, you would choose one and only one of you to demonstrate their craft that day.

For today, though, he would demonstrate. Pulling out a sharp curved sword, he expertly opened his mouth and took it all the way in. Now the men among you wanted him too. You went back to your individual rooms to, um, sleep.

When you gathered for breakfast this morning, saulres once again wasn't there. You pined to see him again, but your desires were quashed when the hotel manager came in. He told you that saulres was found dead in his room, his throat slit. The police were going to investigate but in the meantime (he shouted above your wails of despair) the contract was still firm, and you needed to perform as you had been instructed.

The day has just begun. Who will be performing?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.0

L-4 Siveure DtTrikyp:
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 Thomas:
L-4 splitfarvle:
L-4 TheShadow:

Not voting: Siveure DtTrikyp, Amrun, Scigatt, Om of the Nom, Thomas, splitfarvle, TheShadow

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline (expired on 2012-08-09 00:26:14) - the day has ended, this is left for reference
Last edited by saulres on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 4, Thomas wrote:Happy birthday saulres!

Not birthday -- scumday. And thanks :D
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.1

L-2 Om of the Nom: Siveure DtTrikyp, TheShadow
L-3 Siveure DtTrikyp: Amrun
L-3 Scigatt: Thomas
L-3 splitfarvle: Scigatt
L-3 Amrun: Om of the Nom
L-3 Thomas: splitfarvle
L-4 TheShadow:

Not Voting:

Deadline (expired on 2012-08-09 00:26:14) - the day has ended, this is left for reference
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.2

L-1
Thomas: splitfarvle, Om of the Nom, Siveure DtTrikyp
L-3 Om of the Nom: TheShadow
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 TheShadow:

Not Voting:

splitfarvle is V/LA until Monday
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:29 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 1.3

LYNCHED
Thomas: splitfarvle, Om of the Nom, Siveure DtTrikyp, TheShadow
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 TheShadow:

Not Voting:

splitfarvle is V/LA until Monday
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 am

Post by saulres »

After last night's tragedy, the day was a challenge to get through. You started off slowly, recovering, but then you each began processing saulres' death in you own way. Tempers started flaring as the different methods came into conflict, but as they say, the show must go on.

While the police investigated saulres' room looking for clues (yes, it took all day, he had some very interesting things and they got distracted. You would too if you looked at his stuff. So don't judge.), you spent the day trying to decide who would follow up his phenomenal last performance. For some reason none of you seemed anxious to perform, it's like you thought it would be
bad
to be selected. Weird.

After much -- okay, let's be real here, after not so much -- discussion, you selected Thomas to perform. On stage that evening, he produced his favorite sword, a long, straight katana. Striking a dramatic pose, he carefully placed the tip in his mouth, and then, with a quick, sharp thrust, the sword disappeared down his throat until only the handle was visible. He turned 360 degrees to prove there was no trick, and then expertly removed it. To wild applause, he, and you, returned to your rooms to do whatever it is you do when you sleep. I wouldn't know, I don't have cameras in your rooms.

No really.

Thomas was lynched. He was a
townie
and so does not die.

Night begins now, and will end in (expired on 2012-07-30 14:32:45).
Last edited by saulres on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:33 am

Post by saulres »

You didn't sleep well. Not surprising, as the new love of your life and object of your desire, who you first met the other night, was killed the night you met him.

But morning came, as it inevitably will (at least until the heat death of the universe, but there's still some time before that happens) and you realized you still had to fulfill that stupid contract. So you gathered again at breakfast to discuss the plans. Two of you were running really late, though, and just as you started to get annoyed, in came the police investigators.

You eagerly turned your full attention to them, waiting for the news of what they discovered in their investigation of saulres' (sigh) death. Alas, that wasn't what they were here to talk about. They told you that they found another body, sliced through the throat in the same way saulres was. They told you it belonged to
Thomas (townie)

Oddly, you didn't seem too surprised by that. You were definitely more interested in the results of their investigations. You sickos. But when you asked them, their reply was, "Why ask us? We're just flavor cops. You want someone with real investigative abilities, go play a different setup." This made no sense to you, but whatever. The show must go on!

Oh, but what about the other person who was late for breakfast, Scigatt? The manager came in and explained that. Seems like there's a problem with the plumbing in his room, and without going into the details (it
is
breakfast time, after all), Scigatt's going to be V/LA until Friday, so he may or may not be joining you later today, depending on how many days it takes for today to end.

As this makes just about as much sense as what the cops said, you sniff your coffee, but nope, no scent of drugs. Better focus on something less bizarre.

Like, shoving a very sharp blade down your trachea.

So, who's going to be performing today?

Vote Count 2.0

L-4 Siveure DtTrikyp:
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 splitfarvle:
L-4 TheShadow:

Not voting: Siveure DtTrikyp, Amrun, Scigatt, Om of the Nom, splitfarvle, TheShadow

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Scigatt is V/LA until Friday
Deadline (expired on 2012-08-13 14:33:08)
Last edited by saulres on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 2.1

L-2 TheShadow: Siveure DtTrikyp, Om of the Nom
L-2 Siveure DtTrikyp: Amrun, TheShadow
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 splitfarvle:

Not voting: Scigatt, splitfarvle

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 am

Post by saulres »

In post 94, TheShadow wrote:@Mod: Can you PLEASE not hide the flips behind spoiler text? The device I'm using to read the thread 99% of the time has no means of text selection, meaning I can't read what it says. I did not know until a few minutes ago that Thomas flipped town and was the nightkill.

This makes me sad. But okay, I'll change it to the more common method.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 2.2

L-1
Siveure DtTrikyp: Amrun, TheShadow, splitfarvle
L-2 TheShadow: Siveure DtTrikyp, Scigatt,
L-4 Amrun:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 splitfarvle:

Not voting: Om of the Nom

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by saulres »

It was quite the surprise to hear Scigatt's voice earlier in the day, as the manager hadn't yet said the plumbing emergency was over, but then you realized it was coming from the conference phone on your table (what, didn't I mention that before)? I won't describe the other noises which came over the phone, for those of the delicate persuasion.

You were happy to see Scigatt return, because your seemed a bit lost on how to select a performer tonight. The manager offered to use electric prods on you, but you quickly declined the offer, and got back to the serious business at hand.

Unfortunately, that was the moment when Siveure DtTrikyp realized he might be having a plumbing emergency of his own any minute.

Flavor: It's not just for important events any more!
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:57 am

Post by saulres »

Prodding splitfarvle
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Post by saulres »

Neither of them are within prod range. I will probably lower it from 72 to 48 hours though, for Day 3 and on
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by saulres »

Prodding Amrun. A little early, but I expect to be unavailable when her time comes due. If she posts before then I won't count it against her.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by saulres »

Suddenly, the hotel manager storms in. "You!" he shouts, pointing at Amrun. "You! Hey you!"

Amrun just kind of sits there, with her head on the table, completely ignoring the manager. That doesn't stop him from talking to her.

"Didn't you read the clause in the invitation which said "No narcoleptic sword swallowers need respond? It's clearly there, sort of towards the bottom, mixed in with the -- well never mind. Point is, we can't risk a disaster if you should fall asleep during a performance. So..."

He snaps his fingers twice, causing a bellhop to hurry over with a luggage cart. Unceremoniously dumping Amrun on the cart, he quickly whisks her away.

"Time to call up a stand-by. He'll be here shortly. Fellow by the name of Xalxe. Rumor has it he's good at this sort of thing. I'll tell him to meet you here."

With that, he departs. You anxiously await Xalxe's arrival. But don't let that stop you from figuring out who's going to be performing tonight!
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 2.3

L-1
Siveure DtTrikyp: Xalxe, TheShadow, splitfarvle
L-2 TheShadow: Siveure DtTrikyp, Scigatt,
L-4 Xalxe:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 splitfarvle:

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:10 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 2.4

LYNCHED
Siveure DtTrikyp: Xalxe, TheShadow, splitfarvle, Siveure DtTrikyp
L-3 TheShadow: Scigatt,
L-4 Xalxe:
L-4 Scigatt:
L-4 Om of the Nom:
L-4 splitfarvle:

Deadline (expired on 2012-08-13 14:33:08) - the day has ended, this is left for reference
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 am

Post by saulres »

Following your pattern of not wanting to spend a lot of time figuring who's going to perform, and partly due to his own enthusiasm, you quickly decide that Siveure DtTrikyp should perform today. That agreed on, you return to your rooms to await tonight's performance, ignoring as best you can the odors coming from Scigatt's room. (Sorry about that. I really thought the manager said that was fixed, but sometimes he doesn't keep me in the loop.)

Evening comes, as it is wont to do, and after a hearty dinner you watch as Siveure DtTrikyp pulls out a serrated sword from its elegantly carved scabbard. Assuming the traditional position <mod reminder: insert Animal House youtube link here> he expertly inserts the oh-so-sharp knife into his mouth, then with one -- quick -- thrust! He shoves it in, so you can only see the tip of the pommel.

Then he juggles. I don't know why he does that, that wasn't on the program, but there you go.

( :eek: That line was written before this thread started. No, seriously. Why would I make up something like that?)

Finally, he withdraws the sword with a flourish. You all go back to your rooms, wondering again (but not too hard) what that smell is in Scigatt's room.

Siveure DtTrikyp was lynched. He was a
townie
and so does not die.

Night begins now, and will end in (expired on 2012-08-08 10:13:41).
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:21 am

Post by saulres »

A new day dawns. After the events of the previous two nights you sleep with one eye open. Unfortunately for one of you, that still means you were sleeping.

So when that one fails to show up for breakfast, you predict what will happen: The investigators will come in, say something non-sensical, and tell you that they found the body of
Siveure DtTrikyp (townie)
, killed the same was as Thomas and saulres. You'll weep anew at the news of saulres' death. The cops will say something unintelligible and leave.

Then the hotel manager will come in and tell you that he's relieved that the people who have been killed have at least fulfilled their parts of the contract, so you're not collectively defaulting on your contract.

Then you'll sit around for a very short period of time and choose someone else to perform.

Just as you finish making these predictions, the investigators come in, say something non-sensical, and tell you that they found the body of
Siveure DtTrikyp (townie)
, killed the same was as Thomas and saulres. You weep anew at the news of saulres' death. The cops say something unintelligible and leave.

Then the hotel manager comes in and tells you that he's relieved that the people who have been killed have at least fulfilled their parts of the contract, so you're not collectively defaulting on your contract.

Will your third prediction come true as well? Only you can say! So, get saying!

Vote Count 3.0

L-3 Xalxe:
L-3 Scigatt:
L-3 Om of the Nom:
L-3 splitfarvle:
L-3 TheShadow:

Not voting: Xalxe, Scigatt, Om of the Nom, splitfarvle, TheShadow

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline (expired on 2012-08-22 10:21:06)
Last edited by saulres on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 am

Post by saulres »

Please note that starting today, prods will be issued after 48 hours of no in-thread activity. Weekends will count as 24 hours, not 48.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 3.1

L-2 splitfarvle: The Shadow
L-3 Xalxe:
L-3 Scigatt:
L-3 Om of the Nom:
L-3 TheShadow:

Not voting: Xalxe, Scigatt, Om of the Nom, splitfarvle

On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by saulres »

The manager comes in to see how the deliberations are going, as is surprised to find splitfarvle fast asleep. He tries to rouse him, but fails. "Huh," he says, "I didn't realize narcolepsy was catching." He looks at the clock. "Well, it's not 'official' time to see if we can get him replaced, but the hotel owner said whatever it takes to keep the customers entertained..." He goes off to search for a replacement for splitfarvle.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by saulres »

The bellhop comes in with a wicked look in his eyes. It's almost like he enjoys taking inert bodies and dumping them onto his cart. As he rolls away with splitfarvle, the manager comes in. "Great news! A bike-riding sword swallower was just waiting for his chance to perform! He'll be here any minute. Goes by the name of funkybike1. Make sure to make him feel welcome!"
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by saulres »

Xalxe has contacted me privately about a temporary V/LA. He expects to be back and posting tomorrow.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 192, saulres wrote:
Xalxe has contacted me privately about a temporary V/LA. He expects to be back and posting tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of flavor here, I don't have much time and I think I'm not going to be on much more until tomorrow morning or possibly later in the day.

Xalxe hasn't responded to prods today even though I've seen him posting elsewhere. I'm going to post for his replacement with the caveat that if Xalxe posts, I'll keep any replacement on file just in case.

UPDATED QUICK-AND-DIRTY VOTE COUNT:
No one's voting for anybody. It takes 3 to lynch. Deadline (expired on 2012-08-22 10:21:06)
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 am

Post by saulres »

The manager comes in to check on how the replacements are doing. "I've been searching online and at least one site
something with a 4
confirms that narcolepsy is catching by sitting in the same chair as--" The color drains from his face as he notices Xalxe fast asleep. "Good thing I have more professional backups to contact! IceGuy will be here shortly. Make sure he doesn't sit there." He indicates Xalxe's chair and goes to make a call.

Meanwhile, the bellhop, thrilled at the additional screentime he's getting (which he really didn't expect), joyfully dumps Xalxe's body on his cart, and leaves with him. But every so often he glances back at The Shadow, a look of anticipation in his eyes...
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 3.2

LYNCHED
funkybike1: The Shadow, Om of the Nom, Scigatt
L-3 IceGuy:
L-3 Scigatt:
L-3 Om of the Nom:
L-3 TheShadow:

Not voting: IceGuy, funkybike1

The manager comes in, angrily pointing at a line in the contract. Line #14. But, the show must go on!

You watch as funkybike1 takes the stage. You didn't know he was British, but he pulls out a double-edged sword that's generally on display at the British Museum. In, out, you know the drill. Except he keeps going in and out, in and out... It's like he's thinking of something else.

Anyway, he eventually reaches the clima-- the high poin-- the highlight -- of his act, where he swallows the hilt as well. And then, once again, to wild applause, you retire to your rooms, expecting
funkybike1
to be dead in the morning, 'cause he sure ain't dead now.

Too bad for you, you don't see the morning to know. Well, three of you don't. Two of you, though, do see the next morning -- from the safety of a quick ride as far from the hotel as you can get.

And you're so grateful that you weren't chosen to perform, aren't you,
Scigatt and Om of the Nom?
After all, you're
Jealous Incompetents (mafia)
. If you had to perform, the flavor text would have been repulsive, as you sliced your own necks open -- from the inside!

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, it's pandemonium. Housecleaning's bitching about all the blood stains. The bellhop's looking around desperately for just one more moment to shine! And the manager and the cops are arguing with each other. The manager's trying to get the cops to go after the scum who got away, but the cops are ignoring him, looking at each other, and thinking they have their
own
problems...

Coming soon to a Micro Queue near you: Precinct Madness!
Last edited by saulres on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 am

Post by saulres »

QTs

Spoiler-free dead thread
Spoilered dead thread
Mafia QT

Night actions were pretty obvious.

Commentary coming later today.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 am

Post by saulres »

@Om

In post 0, saulres wrote:If I happen to not be online but you know the game is over (for example, if scum get a quicklynch in during LyLo), please let me post the final scene before revealing the ending or otherwise discussing the game.

In scum QT 15, saulres wrote:Please do keep up the act. I put it in as one of my rules that I would like to reveal the ending when it happens. Thanks.

*shakes his fist at Om of the Nom*

I'll reveal your scumslip after I see
IceGuy
's reason for having you on the team -- I want to see if he picked up on it or had some other reason, since you were basically a townread for everyone all game long.

@TheShadow

In post 94, TheShadow wrote:You're lucky we have a newbie mod. Most games, claiming scum with someone even as a joke would be an instant modkill.

I don't know where you usually play, but that's not what I've seen here. Yes, I was all ready to modkill him (or force replace him and reboot the game, it was early enough) when I read the first line, then I read the second, laughed, and said "Obvious jokepost is jokepost". I did run it by Hoopla just to be sure and she agreed with me.

I think you lost the game for town pretty solidly. The quickhammer day 1 and quickvote Day 3 were both horrible plays.

@The replacements

Thank you so much for replacing in! I didn't expect to need replacements in such a small game, but your quick joining certainly made my life easier.

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to contribute more due to the game ending so quickly.

@Everyone

Any feedback for me? As this was my first modded game, I'm particularly interested in what you did/did not like.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:11 am

Post by saulres »

Okay, what I thought was a scumslip was 142.

In that post, he said "Kill it", referring to Siveure DtTrikyp. The post right above that was a VC, showing Siveure DtTrikyp at L-1. But Om wasn't on the wagon!

I couldn't come up with any reason for a townie saying "Kill this scum" but not hammering. But scum? Sure, they want to kill a townie but don't want the suspicion which comes with the hammer.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 am

Post by saulres »

BTW, Om if you were ever lynched, I was going to use your potatoness. Your sword-swallowing failure flavor would have been that you julienned yourself, and the next morning everyone would have had hash browns with their breakfast...
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 am

Post by saulres »

In post 241, TheShadow wrote:Siv's self-hammer Day 2 was also bad.

Agreed, but you can see in the spoilered dead thread that he didn't think he was actually doing it, because the hammer didn't follow the vote structure as outlined in the rules. Still, it looked like a vote to me, so it counted.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Open Games”