MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 am

Post by MattiLou »

@absta~~ And now an unreasonable vote flop. Any logic at all?
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 am

Post by MattiLou »

VOTE: Absta

I just dislike voting with no evidence. Though since it's day one, I get it's not like we have a choice. I guess voting for me because I irritated you is at least a reason of some kind. Better than jumping on the first person who's name catches your eye.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by MattiLou »

I did ask a while ago why absta voted for me, just nice to know. Also, could someone explain what "RVS" means? I've not played online before and the term is new to me.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by MattiLou »

Thanks Mala.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 am

Post by MattiLou »

Uct: Well, it's all random really. The vote on me wasn't that much of a surprise. What bothered me was that holding off on a vote pegged me as scum with no other reasoning. I know there isn't much to go on this early in the game. Previous games to give some insight, but I can't offer you any of those to reference in regards to my playing style. At least when someone admits that it's a gut feeling, they are acknowledging that the have no real evidence instead of pretending there is some. It also irked me that there was criticism for instant wagon voting and then I almost got drawn and quartered the same way with a wagon vote right after.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by MattiLou »

Max, if you'd like more, I can continue. Hard to read such back and forth arguments though. I abstained from more commenting to try and keep my post concise. I get the feeling from Absta that he could be one of those players who gets excessively angry and defensive when they feel cornered or close to being caught. I'm actually one of them when I play in person. I find Max reasonably trustworthy, but he has been flying under the radar a bit since most have marked him innocent. Uct is taking a lot of hits, making me think if he is scum, then his partner is bus throwing him. I don't quite know how to feel about Om, Mala or Sal yet.

And there you have it, A brief summary of the opinions of Mattie. I don't want to suggest a team yet though.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by MattiLou »

moving back in and adjusting to school classes the past couple of days myself. I feel like this is dragging on unnecessarily long for a first day lynch personally.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by MattiLou »

but how much can there really be to argue over? We don't actually KNOW anything yet
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by MattiLou »

In post 115, Maxous wrote:

In post 102, MattiLou wrote: I feel like this is dragging on unnecessarily long for a first day lynch personally.

I missed this the first time..can I have a summary of why you think/thought absta was the best lynch for the day?

I thought absta would be a good lynch because of his shifty actions and raging temper. To me he seemed like he was an ultra defensive scum. Even if he was town, I don't personally like playing with people who get overly aggravated and start swearing when they don't feel things are going their way.
I think RD is definitely town for breaking the game down like that, though I don't see the possible scum out option mentioned.
Om is quite vocal, but I feel the multiple posts and such don't add as much to the discussion as they seem to at first.
Maybe Mala and Sal are shifty as well? I'm still getting used to reading people over the computer. It is much easier to find liars when you can see their actions instead of text that they may have edited multiple times to prevent any clues from slipping.

unvote
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by MattiLou »

@ DoubleJD, I think posting strategies granting town an increased chance of winning is definitely a pro town move. It makes no sense to improve your opponents chances of winning a game.

@Max, I expressed surprise that a day one lynch was not achieved because this is my first online game. I did not realize it took so long to achieve a majority vote. Playing in person makes things go by very quickly on the first day of a game. I won't push anyone and rush through what may be a well thought out strategy of prolonged analysis. As for my lack of responses, I don't quite follow all the written strategies yet. For example, while analyzing past games may be of some help, the ability to reread and proof posts makes it much easier for scum to edit and standardize methods of play no matter what their role.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:15 am

Post by MattiLou »

Alright, several of you want to get a read on me, where do you want to start?
Also, to RD's questions,
1)No objections
2)Mala
3)Uct and Om
4)RD or DJD, I'm not sure which yet.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by MattiLou »

@ RBD~ the main problem with this plan, is that it doesn't work past an ideal situation. You have to somehow convince people to voluntarily sign up to die at night when they could just as easily commute and dodge. It seems like a great plan, if necessary, I'd consider it. My question is, how do you plan to ensure others do?

@ Uct~ You're jumping on me for saying that day one is taking to long? Call me scum if you want, but if you're going to pretend to have a reason, please come up with a better one.
In post 172, uctriton00 wrote:
Matti could be playing the newbie card. I too have a "gut" feeling about one post though. The post about "day 1 is taking too long" type thing. How could a pure newbie know that? He's my scum candidate.

Vote: Matti

Just because I'm new? Are new people not allowed to think a day is dragging? Sorry, but that's not a good reason in my book. First day should be the quickest and we're already at almost 180 posts.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:06 am

Post by MattiLou »

In post 197, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 196, Maxous wrote:a lot of confidence in matt-scum for a gut feeling on one post eh?

Gonna go with my gut.

Eight pages of posts discussing play and you go with your gut feeling on one post. Kudos on the confidence though.

RD, I understand that the threat of town retribution should keep people in line with your game breaker plan, but it also involves some risk. If both Mafia end up being in the D-G characters, town is in serious trouble and pretty much out of power. It'll devolve into a four person free for all.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:07 am

Post by MattiLou »

In post 198, uctriton00 wrote:And this is what I think:

A = Matt
B = Myself vs C = Mala
D, E, F, G = Max, JD, Om, RBD

Why would you put yourself in the night one shootout position for your preferred situation? it makes no sense.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:55 am

Post by MattiLou »

If two scum are in the shoot out, there are three outcomes

1.) They refuse to shoot each other, town holds majority and can lynch them and vig shoot them. Clearly something is sketchy if neither of them die

2.) One shoots the other, kind of a weird scum play, as there's no advantage to shooting your partner. If that happens, one scum is dead, and the remaining one doesn't have a kill. The surviving scum might hope to play off as a townie because a mafia is now dead and they filled their part of the bargain, but it still looks suspicious, why wouldn't the dead scum have shot them?

3.) both shoot each other, which will not happen.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:56 am

Post by MattiLou »

so Uct, why is it bad if both scum end up in the first shootout plan?
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by MattiLou »

I would still like an explination as to why Uct believes that two scum in the night one shootout is a bad thing. If that happens, how is that bad for town. Uct, you said you would put yourself in the night one shoot out to make sure it goes as planned. Why would you do that? If you're town, you're wasting one of our kill slots with an automatic miss. Please, please explain. Maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by MattiLou »

but we then know who all of the scum are and we have four armed villagers.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by MattiLou »

Not at all. I'd like to know how you suggest the night should go though.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by MattiLou »

My preference is Mala versus either RBD or DJD
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:26 am

Post by MattiLou »

RBD, your original plan was to have the shootout between two people I thought. Now there are three? Why?
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 am

Post by MattiLou »

I also kind of dislike a plan where I end up getting shot no matter what.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 am

Post by MattiLou »

If someone thinks I'm sketcy, fine. I'll go into the shootout. but Max and RBD both have me put in the shootout regardless of if Uct is scum or town. Whatever he flips doesn't make them trust me more or less? If they want me dead no matter what Uct flips, why not just be honest about it and vote for me?

Return to “Completed Open Games”