, Butchered Night 3
8. Aether,
Vanilla Town
, lynched Day 4
13.Venmar
Lance
Vanilla Town
, killed Night 4

Thrown into space by the arbitrary modgod (modkilled)

Spoiler:
Hopefully no one! Modkills do not appease the bloodgods...
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
"TeCh was a textbook pro-town obv town all-around town townie.
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
"Techno played a hell of a scum game, one of my best newbie scum players" bv310
"Tech, you carried my fat ass, that Vig shot took more balls then I had" AP
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

List of Roles:

7 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons
1 Tracker/Vigilante (this is chosen by the player N1)
1 Hider
1 Psychologist/Detective (this is randomly determined pre-game)

Game Specific Mechanics:

1. The Psychologist/Detective does not choose their role. It will be determined pre-game.
2. The Tracker/Vigilante must submit their choice to me Night 1. If no choice is submitted, the role will be randomly determined.
3. If the Hider hide behinds a player with the ability to kill (Mafia Goon or Vigilante), or if they hide behind a player that dies that night, they will also die.
4. If the Hider hides and is targetted for a kill, that kill will not go through.
5. When the Detective targets a player, they will receive information about whether that player has killed or not.
6. When the Psychologist targets a player, they will receive information about whether the targetted player has the potential to nightkill another player, but if the targetted player has already performed a kill, the Psychologist will receive back a result saying the player is unable to kill.

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla Town:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are a fabled
Vanilla Town
, with no power but your voice and your vote. Use them wisely!

Win Condition: You win when all mafia players are dead.

Please confirm via PM by quoting your rolename.

Mafia Goon:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are a conniving, sinister
Mafia Goon
. Your partners are CertainPlayer1 and CertainPlayer2.

Your powers are as such:
Factional Communication: Each night, you may communicate with your evil brethren here -link link-. You may also communicate here during pre-game. You may not post here during the day, nor may you communicate with mafia members anywhere else.
Factional Kill: Each night, one of you may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. This can also be done in the QuickTopic. If no kill is submitted during a nightphase, no kill will be performed. If the killer is not specified, it will be assumed the poster who first submitted the message containing the target's name is the killer.

Win Condition: You win when all town-aligned players have been killed with at least one mafia member alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Hider:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are the sneaky little
Hider
. Your powers are as such:

Hide: Each night you may submit to me the name of a player you wish to hide behind. If that player has a killable role (mafia or vigilante) you will die. If you hide behind a player that dies that night, you will also die. While hiding behind another player, any submission of kill targetted at you will fail.

Tracker/Vigilante:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are the powerful but indecisive
Tracker/Vigilante

Pick: Night 1, you may pick between the Tracker and Vigilante roles.
Track: As tracker, you may target a player to track for the night, submitted to me via PM. I will PM with details of who that player targeted, or if they targeted no one.
Kill: As Vigilante, you may PM me the name of a player once per night that you wish to kill.

Psychologist:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are the analytical
Psychologist

Diagnose: Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to diagnose. You will receive information about whether that player has the potential to kill, but if that player has already killed, including on the night he/she is diagnosed, you will receive back a result telling you they cannot kill.

Detective:

Spoiler:
Welcome, CertainPlayer!

You are the analytical
Detective

Investigate: Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. I will give you information about whether that player has performed a kill or not, including on the night you investigate them. If they have not performed a kill, you will receive a negative result.

Last edited by TeChNoWC on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

RULES (please read):

1. All sitewide rules apply
2. I AM THE MOD, BOW TO ME. My word is final. If you have a query, do not hesitate to PM me.
3. All votes must be in
bold
text. If a vote is not in
bold
text, it will not be counted. A vote cannot be undone without an accompanied
unvote
. When unvoting, please state the name of the player for my ease of use.
4. You may use nicknames in voting, but it must be obvious to me and the other players involved.
5. Do not directly quote me ingame. You may paraphrase.
6. A lynch occurs at a majority (50% +1). A no lynch occurs at 50%. Any votes or unvotes following a hammer vote will not count. Once a player is hammered, they are deadsies.
7. Twilight occurs after a lynch has been reached. You may continue talking (even the dead player) until I lock the thread.
8. Once this has been done, any dead players may not post the next day. I WILL NOT ALLOW 'BAH' POSTS.
9. You will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. After three prods, you will have 24 hours to post in the thread or face replacement.
10. Swearing is allowed, attacks are allowed, but nothing personal. Keep it nice, folks.
11. Do not talk about other ongoing games in my game or I will fuck you up.
12. Purple is my colour. Do not use it. And I'm not quoting the hexcode, because you can't use any purples. Just don't be stupid and stick to other colours.
13. No small or invisible text, or funny gifs with codic languages etc. All information must be viewable and able to be interpreted by all. However, you may crumb, or use a form of code, but it must be using generic letters and numbers. Message me if you are unsure about this.
14. Do not try to exploit these rules. If you are unsure about something, message me.
15. Fluff and spamming is allowed, but please keep it to a manageable minimum.
16.Day 1 will have a three week deadline, with every day after that being 120 hours shorter (five days) until the day length reaches seven days. If there is no majority vote at the end of a day no lynch will occur.
NO CLAIMING YOUR BUDDIES!!!!!!!
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

Game will start once 11 of 13 players have confirmed.

all players have confirmed so far.

My good good friends AngryPidgeon and Venmar have replaced in!

AngryPidgeon will be replacing Shamrock, and Venmar will be replacing Lance.
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

“Three years,” they said.

“Three years in this stinking hellhole, and what will I have to show for it?”

You and a crew of thirteen others set off from Earth just 12 weeks ago, and already, the boredom and mania is setting in. You think you hear odd things at night. Strange, subtle noises, movement; shapes, and flickers of light – you are sure you are going insane.

Your crewmates have spoken whispers of the same. You wonder just how long it will take until full psychosis takes a grip of you, and you slip into utter madness.

Still, there is only one thing keeping you sane right now, and it’s your friends around you. You’ve spent a long time bonding with your crewmates; some of them you’ve known and trained with for years, particularly your good friend, Captain Techno.

He is as competent with what he does as any man you’ve met; and yet, something bothers you. He doesn’t seem to be aware of all the strange occurences on the ship. Techno seems to be suffering from a fair amount of insomnia and exhaustion; so why isn’t he hallucinating, as you are?

One morning, you awake to the sound of footsteps. This time though, you doubt the presence as merely hallucination. Rising from your bed, you follow the noise; straight to the mess area.

There stands none other than the Captain, donned in full environment suit, opening the hatch to the exterior manifold.

“What are you doing?” You scream, as the Captain steps out into the crossover zone. The room beyond is quickly flooded of oxygen, and de-pressurized. The Captain opens the final latch, and steps out into the abyss.

Something catches the corner of your eye. As you look down, you notice the trail of blood that accompanied the footsteps to the mess; a noise echoes behind you, and you quickly realise the Captain was being chased.

A note lies strewn across the floor, and you pick it up, hesitant to read, your eyes fixated on the door behind you.

“Gone to fix the communications array. Someone on this ship is trying to sabotage it; and another attacked me in my sleep. I might not make it. Find them. Find help. Make it back to Earth, the mission is compromised. Make sure the bastards don’t make it back to Central Command. I thought I could trust all of you; you were my friends, you were my brethren, you were my blood.”

As you look to a nearby window, you see the body of the Captain float by, the communications array all but destroyed. A bullet hole has penetrated his visor; and you quickly realise he is dead – and shockingly, that there is a third betrayer.

TeChNoWC, ship Captain and all-round-nice-guy
has been
stabbed, shot and left floating in an unending abyss
Night 0.

The others quickly rush in, awoken by your screams. All the crew is present; and all look as dumbfounded as the next. You can’t tell who to trust, and who to blame.

Quickly one of your friends opens his mouth to accuse you of some travesty, and he, in turn, is also quickly attacked. And thus, the fighting ensues.

Day 1 has begun!
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 1.0

Not Voting:Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, AngryPidgeon, Venmar, Declan_giggs, Disturbed_One, Aether, Lord Mhork, Name User, ImJadenYuki, Lastsurvivor, the director, MattP

With 13 Alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2012-11-15 14:30:00)
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Votecount 1.1

OmoftheNom - 4 (MattP, Om of the Nom, AngryPidgeon, Venmar) -
L3

Aether - 1 (Aether) - L6
Lastsurvivor - 1 (Declan_giggs) - L6

Let me know if you see any problems.

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

"The greatest hazard of all, losing one’s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." - Soren Kierkegaard

Also guys, please remember to
UNVOTE
when unvoting.

In post 24, AngryPidgeon wrote: Oh also I was flirting with a coworker who is visiting from Arrrrland who took BART back with me, but don't think thats going anywhere.

Follow my example! :P
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 1.2

Om of the Nom - 4 (MattP, Venmar, the director, Name User) -
L3

the director - 4 (AngryPidgeon, NovaDragon, Om of the Nom, Lord Mhork) -
L3

Name User - 2 (Lastsurvivor, Disturbed_One) - L5
Aether - 1 (Aether) - L6
Lastsurvivor - 1 (Declan_giggs) - L6

Not Voting: ImJadenYuki

"Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires." - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 1.3

MattP - 5 (the director, Om of the Nom, Disturbed_One, Lord Mhork, declan_giggs) -
L2

the director - 3 (AngryPidgeon, NovaDragon, MattP) - L4
Om of the Nom - 2 (Venmar, Aether) - L5
Name User - 1 (Lastsurvivor) - L6
Venmar - 1 (Name User) - L6

Prodding ImJadenYuki

"Nobody loves a woman because she is handsome or ugly, stupid or intelligent. We love because we love." - Honore de Balzac
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

:D
VoteCount 1.4

the director - 7 (NovaDragon, AngryPidgeon, Lastsurvivor, Om of the Nom, Venmar, Lord Mhork, MattP) -
HAMMER

MattP - 3 (Disturbed_One, declan_giggs, the director) - L4
Om of the Nom - 2 (Aether, Name User) - L5

"Love and Death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn." - B. R. Hayden

Death Scene Incoming.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

Finally, you decide, it is time.

You sigh a deep sigh, as the others slowly pull the director towards the de-pressurization chamber.

Since the oxygen supply had been sabotaged, time was running short. You weren't confident with the decision, but you never really trusted the guy in the first place. In fact, few of the crew did. His only good friend was the Captain, and he rarely spoke of his association with the director. It was quite likely this guy was planning something horrid all along.

The director screamed and bellowed as the more vocal members of the crew carried him to his imminent death.

"I swear, I never touched the Captain! Nor have I sabotaged any of the equipment! Fools and betrayers, I hope you burn for your transgressions!"

the director looked down at you, his pallid eyes begging for appeasement.

"This is wrong, my friend. All wrong. Who are these people to decide my fate? What have we become? Barbarians intent for blood?"

You shake your head, as strong doubts begin to cloud your resolve. You remain silent.

The screams and cries of the director subside quickly - and as you examine the faces around you, the doubts become even stronger. Soon you are the only crewmen left at the chamber doors, as the rest of the crew quietly retire to their cabins, drained from fatigue.

"I'm sorry," you mutter quietly, though no one is near to hear you.
"If you want absolution, avenge me - weak fucker."

the director stands before you, his hollow face staring at yours. Beside him stands the Captain, bloodied and broken, but still able to look at you in sheer disgust.

The hallucinations have returned.

Noises in the quarters. Movement, and stirring - can you trust your senses?

Only one conviction grasps you strongly now; you killed the wrong man, and the betrayers are still out there, preparing to wreak more havoc on the crew.

"
Stay awake
," you tell yourself, fearing what the night may bring. If only you could.

the director, Vanilla Town
has been lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1! You have (expired on 2012-11-01 15:00:00) to submit your Night Actions.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

havingfitz replaces ImJadenYuki. As a result, I will be extending nightphase for one more day.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

As you awake, you realise you fell asleep leaned up against the door to the chamber, the director's freshly dead body leaning beside you on the other side. In fear you quickly retract, and you are surprised you made it through the night.

Someone, you feel, wasn't so lucky.

Pools of blood litter the hallway to the crew quarters. You now begin to believe you may be the only innocent left alive aboard the ship. Why they left you alive, you do not know. Though petrified, you begin to traverse the corridor, feet stained with the blood of foe or friend - not even the vast unknown of space could frighten you more than the unknown of the current moment.

Prying open your crewmates doors, you find most of them to be happily asleep; but not so for two of your comrades. Their butchered bodies, sat upright in their beds, stare gapingly at you, eyes hollow and emptied, just as the expression of the Captain in your hallucinations.

'This, this is all a bad dream,'
you begin to tell yourself. But alas, it is not. You failed to save some of your closest friends from peril, and now you are so much closer to being surrounded by the coven of betrayers that from the onset were but a small group of insurgents in comparison to the large group of loyalists you once formed.

A feeling of dread surrounds you, as you realise the mission is hanging by a thread. For among the dead, are two of the Captain's most trusted advisors; his lieutenants, men you both feared and trusted, and with knowledge, determination and skill unmatched by most of the other crew. How are you supposed to find the culprits now? For before you lay

MattP, Vigilante
Butchered Night 1

and

Lord Mhork, Psychologist
Butchered Night 1

Day 2 has begun! Get posting

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2012-11-17 06:30:00)
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.0

Not Voting:Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, AngryPidgeon, Venmar, Declan_giggs, Disturbed_One, Aether, Name User, havingfitz, Lastsurvivor

With 10 Alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Day 2 will end in
(expired on 2012-11-17 06:30:00)
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 498, havingfitz wrote:OK....so a quick look at yesterday's wagon on the director shows several votes on him that were not preceded by unvotes off the voter's previous votes. So was that an illegal lynch?

mod...do we need unvotes or not? The rules say we do but the director was lynched anyway. Please confirm one way or the other. Based on the rules D1 shouldn't have ended like it did and we should not have the quickhammer we currently appear to have.

I kind of gave up on the idea because no one was unvoting after repeated attempts to make people do so. Given my initial wording of the rule though, this probably should be enforced harder.

Unfortunately this doesn't undo yesterday's lynch, but from now forward I should and will be enforcing the rule. This will be retroactive of all today's voting, so the upcoming votecount will only reflect votes that have preceded or been followed with an unvote.

Votecount incoming.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.1

Declangiggs - 3 (AngryPidgeon, Venmar, Om of the Nom) -
L4

NovaDragon - 3 (Declan_giggs, Disturbed_One, Aether) -
L4

AngryPidgeon - 2 (havingfitz, NovaDragon) - L5

Not Voting: Lastsurvivor, Name User

Day 2 will end in

"I have a very good life, so I have nothing to complain about. Sometimes, I just have existential angst" - Meg Ryan
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.2

NovaDragon - 3 (Disturbed_One, Aether, Lastsurvivor) -
L3

AngryPidgeon - 2 (havingfitz, NovaDragon) - L4
Declangiggs - 1 (AngryPidgeon) - L5
Aether - 1 (Om of the Nom) - L5

Not Voting: Name User

Day 2 will end in

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper" - T.S Eliot

In post 552, Declan_giggs wrote:FYI: I have about 45 minutes left in the office, then I will be limited access again until sometime on 11/4 late in the day

@mod please note LA status thanks

Noted.
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.3

L3

Aether - 3 (Om of the Nom, Name User, NovaDragon) -
L3

AngryPidgeon - 1 (havingfitz) - L5

Not Voting: Venmar, Declan_giggs, AngryPidgeon

Day 2 will end in

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" Friedrich Nietzsche
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.4

L3

Aether - 2 (Om of the Nom, NovaDragon) - L4
Disturbed_One - 2 (AngryPidgeon, Name User) - L4

Not Voting: Venmar, Declan_giggs

Day 2 will end in

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." Jean-Paul Satre
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:58 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.5

L3

Disturbed_One - 3 (AngryPidgeon, Name User, Om of the Nom) -
L3

Aether - 1 (NovaDragon) - L5

Not Voting: Venmar, Declan_giggs

Day 2 will end in

Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time." - Albert Camus
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.6

Disturbed_One - 5 (AngryPidgeon, Name User, Om of the Nom, Lastsurvivor, NovaDragon) -
L1

Om of the Nom - 1 (Aether) - L5
Declan_giggs - 1 (Disturbed_One) - L5
Venmar - 1 (havingfitz) - L5
havingfitz - 1 (Venmar) - L5

Not Voting: Declan_giggs

Day 2 will end in

"Time moves in one direction, memory in another." - William Gibson
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 2.7

Disturbed_One - 5 (AngryPidgeon, Name User, Om of the Nom, Lastsurvivor, NovaDragon, Declan_giggs) -
HAMMER

Om of the Nom - 1 (Aether) - L5
Declan_giggs - 1 (Disturbed_One) - L5
Venmar - 1 (havingfitz) - L5
havingfitz - 1 (Venmar) - L5

A lynch has been reached!

Flavour and flip incoming. Brace yourselves.
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

You struggle to stay awake, gasping for air.

With the oxygen diminishing, the hallucinations are even stronger now, and time is even of more essence. Quick kills produce less oxygen consumption; and it seems as if everyone is vying for blood. You trust very few now.

Finally the group frantically comes to a decision, and guided by haste, panic, and hopefully a dash of logic, the mob descends upon Disturbed_One like vultures to the kill. So alienated from the situation by your own inner torments, you say little about the decision, and neither object. Eventually, you succumb to the group, and are simply glad you will have more oxygen to hoard. Life seems to be hanging by the smallest thread, and all thought of nobility and honour, or even the mission, seems like a long and distant memory. Both the Captain and his lieutenants, and even the director, who you stood beside in his moment of anguish and death, only haunt you now as faces gliding through the halls of the ship.

Disturbed_One is thrown into the chamber beside the still body of the director, and the doors are sealed. As they are, he smiles an evil smile, and winks slyly at you.

"Hahaha! Death to Captain Techno, and death to all the efforts of mankind! Fools! You will not spread the taint of humanity any further - we will not be stopped!"

A shriek of laughter follows, and eventually a cry of rage, as Disturbed's lifeless corpse joins that of the director. But slowly his true form is revealed, and he is far from human. This man, who you trusted as a friend and colleague - a man with a wife, children and friends and family around him - may never have been the man he claimed to be at all.

As the screams slowly subside, a dash of faint hope reaches you, and you see the smiling faces of the dead crew before you. A beacon of light; and you feel a maddening urge to celebrate this victory, though small it is. Some of the others, less crazed than you, tell you to 'shut it' as you cry with joy. For

Disturbed_One,
Mafia Goon
was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2! You have
(expired on 2012-11-16 21:30:00)
to submit your night actions to me.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

That night you let yourself sleep, retiring to your cabin in ecstasy of your victory – ignoring the fact that two more betrayers still lurk among you.

Your dreams are visited that night by the four dead crew members, as they in turn encourage you to push on. You can feel insanity taking a hold of you, but boy, does it feel great. It has been many years since you have felt a high like this – and in a moment of reason, you realise the low levels of oxygen are having a placebo effect on the crew; what a great time for the betrayers to strike.

For in your sleep you are disturbed by screams, and, assuming them to be real, you awaken to find blood yet again filling the hallways.

“What if I am imagining all of this,” you wonder, as the lines between reality and hallucination blur ever more. Such thoughts only deepen your lack of trust in your feelings and actions, and you wonder if you can be of any assistance in weeding out the betrayers.
As the others quickly rush in to the halls of blood, you notice someone is missing.

“havingfitz,” you say to yourself, realising he is not present. You were never sure what he was until now.

For havingfitz,
Vanilla Town,
has been murdered Night 2.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 3.0

Not Voting: Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, AngryPidgeon, Declan_giggs, Aether, Name User, Lastsurvivor, Venmar

With 8 Alive, it's 5 to lynch.

It is now Day 3! Day 3 will end in
(expired on 2012-11-27 21:30:00)
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 3.1

Declan_giggs - 3 (AngryPidgeon, Lastsurvivor, Om of the Nom) -
L2

Om of the Nom - 1 (Aether) - L4
AngryPidgeon - 1 (Declan_giggs) - L4

Not Voting: Venmar, Name User, NovaDragon

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 2 will end in

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Name User has been prodded.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 3.2

Declan_giggs - 4 (AngryPidgeon, Lastsurvivor, Om of the Nom, NovaDragon) -
L1

Not Voting: Venmar, Name User

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 2 will end in

"Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit." - Elbert Hubbard
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 3.3

Declan_giggs - 5 (AngryPidgeon, Lastsurvivor, Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, Venmar) -
HAMMER

Not Voting: Name User

Flip and flavour incoming. Everyone at your stations, crew.

Last edited by TeChNoWC on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

Lies and accusations abound, as the heated arguments intensify. There are few of you left now.

But this day does not take long to unfold, and a decision is quickly reached. Amongst the commotion the suspected liar is seized, and Declan_giggs is thrown into the chamber, his body sliding across the floor as the mob hurl him in full fury.

Unto his dying breath, Declan continues to spout his 'lies' - and suddenly you begin to doubt the decision.

Instinctively, you reach for the controls to deactivate the doorlocks and save Declan's life - when suddenly you witness something all too familiar, as Declan's composure changes, and he mockingly jeers at the body of the director beside him, cold and lifeless.

"This, is the future of your meddlesome race."

Declan's screams of laughter fill the entire ship, until nothing more can be heard, and the lifeless, inhuman body collapses beside that of his brethren and ilk.

A cry of relief resounds within you.

"Soon it will all be over," you think to yourself, as you retire once again to your cabin.

You dream of Earth, and wonder if it were ever more than a dream. Or if you will ever make it home. And it dawns on you;
one among you still wishes make sure this doesn't happen.

You curse at the unknown betrayer under your breath, and vow that with your last ounce of strength, you will find and slay him tommorrow. You hope.

But for now, you take comfort in today's proceedings. For,

Declan_giggs,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3! All Night actions must be in within
(expired on 2012-11-22 21:30:00)
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

You awaken the next morning in a cold sweat, your nightmares filled with the fear of dying at the hands of the last betrayer. You sigh a sigh of relief, realizing you are still within the mortal realm.

But instead of waking to screams, this morning, you awaken to silence. The ship's emptiness weighs upon you, as the feeling of loneliness and abandonment grips you. Yet, the loneliness you feel is not all that different from the loneliness that beset you the moment you found evidence of betrayer's among you. Slowly, you lost confidence and trust in every member of the crew, and they you. Even your closest friends - such as Disturbed_One, and Declan_giggs, may not be who they seem. The revelation of their true identity utterly destroyed any notion of trust you had in any other human being but yourself.

As you leave your room, you enter the mess area, and see four other crewmates, sitting silently, tired of the ensuing chaos from the days before them. Blood covers all their hands, and you notice two bodies lying at the foot of the table. Instantly, you feel the dismay that clouds the thoughts of those around you.

"Where were you?" One cries out, as you idle into the mess.

Lost for words, you simply shake your head, and shortly reply "asleep".

But your accuser has little energy to respond. It is as if everyone has succumbed to defeat, for last night was a devastating blow to the crew. Just how powerful this last betrayer is, you may never know. But you remember your promise to yourself, and vow to avenge the deaths of yet even more fallen comrades. For,

Lastsurvivor,
Vanilla Town
, was butchered Night 3

and

AngryPidgeon,
Hider
, was butchered Night 3.

It is now Day 4! You have
(expired on 2012-11-30 19:30:00)
until deadline. Get posting!
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 4.0

Not Voting: Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, Venmar, Aether, Name User

With 5 Alive, it's 3 to lynch.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:29 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 4.1

Aether- 3 (Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, Name User) -
HAMMER

Not Voting: Venmar, Aether

INCOMING FLIP PEOPLES

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

The five remaining crew, exhausted from the countless bickering, killings and lack of oxygen, decide to quickly choose an appropriate target for the chamber and hope for the best. Deciding amongst themselves on Aether, they brace themselves for a frantic struggle, and throw him headfirst into the dreaded room of death. Even you cannot be bothered but to quickly press the button and hope to God Aether was the last betrayer - for many considered him 'odd' anyway.

But alas, Aether's quirks were not a sign of his allegiance. As you eagerly awaited for the frantic screaming to turn to a cry of rage and the sinister laugh echoed by Disturbed_One and Declan_giggs, it was not to be. Aether's lithe form remained human, as he fell lifeless on the cold steel, his body falling upon the director's. You quickly realise your apathy has led to murder - and yet another crew member was killed.

Of the four left, one is still the betrayer. A awful thought echoes in your mind, and only the sane - and even this you question - voices of the Captain, his lieutenants, the director, and now even Aether, call you to reason. For your thoughts and desires lead you to massacring the rest of your companions, for you know you are not one of them - but you could not bring yourself to commit such an act.

If the betrayer cannot be found tommorrow, you realise your death is imminent. Even surviving through tonight will be a tough feat.

For before you lies another dead crewmen, as

Aether,
Vanilla Town
, was lynched Day 4!

It is now Night 4. You have
(expired on 2012-11-28 01:00:00)
to submit your night actions.
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

You expected to be dead this morning. But alas, you are not - at this stage, even death seems like a warm embrace. You begin to contemplate it with odd fascination. Without two crew it will be impossible to take the ship back to Earth, and you know that today is your last chance to find the betrayer.

Reaching into your locker you find your space suit, still untattered from the plaguing events of the journey. Without hesitation you put it on, and approach the outer airlock. With the others still asleep, you venture outside, intent on your last course of action.

For the Captain spoke to you again last night. He told you what you needed to do, lest you failed to find his killer. Arming the ship's autocannons, you point them towards the hull of the craft, and with enough firepower to rip it to shreds, you figure that the last betrayer will have no hope of escape; even if he succeeds in evading your capture. With the mere press of a button, it can all be over. You gently caress it in your fingers. So tempting.

In your next act, you meticulously empty the chamber of the evidence of the past few days - the evidence of possible insanity. If you destroy the ship, you figure, no one will know what happened here - and Earth needs to know about the horrid threat you faced on the
Celestial Hue

A few hours pass, and you return to your cabin. But someone else has been up in the meantime; and as you approach the open door, it reveals what was to be expected. What an utter waste, you think, as the cold, dead body of Venmar sits up and erect in his bed. What manner of creature could do this.

For Venmar,
Vanilla Town
, was murdered Night 4.

It is now Day 5! You have
(expired on 2012-12-06 01:00:00)
before deadline. Go post!
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 5.0

Not Voting: Om of the Nom, NovaDragon, Name User

With 3 Alive, it's 2 to lynch.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 5.1

NovaDragon - 1 (Name User) -
L1

Name User - 1 (NovaDragon) -
L1

Not Voting: Om of the Nom

With 3 Alive, it's 2 to lynch.

"Every moment is an experience" - Jake Roberts

Deadline is in
(expired on 2012-12-07 01:00:00)
Last edited by TeChNoWC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Name User has been prodded.

I will give a one day deadline extension due to my one day late prod. BUT THAT IS ALL!

Oh and I'm not wasting my time on a VC - I'm sure you guys are smart enough now to know where all the votes are :P
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 5.2

NovaDragon - 2 (Name User, Om of the Nom) -
HAMMERED

Name User - 1 (NovaDragon) - L1

End scene incoming.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Drip, drip, drip. How the sands of time drip slowly, yet as the hourglass fills, we realise how few the grains really are when separated from the whole. And as the hourglass slowly filled, and the air quickly diminished, it became apparent that the time to act was now.

You already knew where to strike. For last night, something miraculous had happened.

Why had you not died all those nights? Why had the betrayers not targeted you? Why had Disturbed_One and Declan_giggs looked at you differently from the others, in the moment of their destruction? The last betrayer was clever indeed; so clever, he had allowed himself to believe a lie - at least during the day. The visions, the communication with the dead - spirits vying for this new human part of you to overcome the true nature of the beast. But alas, ghosts are foolish. Your kind will consume the stars, and ascend to the very place of the gods.

Last night, the final peice of the puzzle clicked in place; you are the last betrayer. All this time your malicious efforts had been brooding under your deceptive state, leading your bewildered human form deeper and deeper into delusion. And now, finally, you tasted the sweet taste of victory, the rage of a thousand generations of oppression for your kind, waiting to be unleashed on these hapless humans who sought childish notions of expansionism amongst the stars. Unfit to be kings, the humans trampled all manner of beauty underfoot. They were a blight. Your love for your crewmates quickly diminished, and all that was left was pure hate. Kill them betray them trick them. The trigger for destroying the ship was in your hands, but now you had different aims. And though your human form, at first, struggled with the new beast, hoping to destroy the
Celestial Hue
in that moment of ultimate betrayal - self-betrayal, you quickly crushed the whimpering voice.

And your victory could not be more sweet and swift. Though death was close, with superior wit you fooled the dirty humans, and had them destroy each other; and only you remained. Commanding the
Hue
towards your homeworld, you had won a great victory for your race; the human's technology would quickly be assimiliated into your own, and their weaknesses exposed. This would be an easy war. You would be lauded as a hero amongst your people; they will call you captain and commander, and you will posthumously celebrate the lives of your dead comrades.

For NovaDragon,
Vanilla Town
, was lynched Day 5
and Om of the Nom,
Vanilla Town
, was endgamed

Name User,
Mafia Goon
has won for his team! Declan_giggs and Disturbed_One also win posthumously.

It is now postgame. Feel free to post, deadlings!
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Town played badly for most of this game. I think scum deserved this win.

Town MvP is hands down without a doubt AngryPidgeon. Almost managed to nail the scumteam, but Name User slipped through :P I could see the reasoning for his suspicion on Lastsurvivor, but I think there is a strong correlation between Last's play in the previous game to this one, which would suggest town. Plus Last's reaction to Declan's fakeclaim seemed like a pretty strong towntell to me.

Name User played a very good scumgame, but I would say
a) lurk less
b) you should have pummelled declan into the ground D3 for even more cred. Not posting AT ALL could have been a bad move.

Other than that you played quite well. I probably would have thought you were town :P. Scum MvP, though
1) I didn't find Disturbed One's play all that bad, I was surprised he got found so quickly and
2) I liked Declan's bold claim, even though it couldn't stand up against AP's transparent towniness (good ole AP)
3) I think Declan did some good stuff in the maf QT, from memory he steered the kills around and ensured the kill wasn't set to Mhork N1 (that would have been a bit of a waste, lol)

Om, why didn't you carry on with your reasoning that Nova was town because of his reaction to the hammer? It's a great towntell and you usually stick to it.

I think this game also shows why vigs should never kill unclaimed targets. It can end in absolute disaster. Two PRs dead N1 is hard to recover from. The fact that town lost MattP N1 is also a kick in the guts - its usually best to have PRs as moderately good or weak players (who are at least good at following town leader), so that claims eliminate easy mislynches and town doesn't lose out as much from PR nightdeaths.
NEXT TIME TOWN, HAVE A NO LYNCH D1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant emphasize this enough. This setup is easily abusable. Hider claims D1, Tracker/Vig picks Tracker and tracks the Hider (I have to credit BK-201 here for this brilliant game breaker in Open 402 - even if it was mine and Venmar's boss detective skills and andrew's sneaky bullshit that nailed the win). The only problem is if Maf hit tracker N1, which is like a 1/8 chance, and a quarter chance of PR death. If maf hits tracker and hider hits maf, you have two PRs dead N1 with no leads - but this is an unlikely scenario. More often than not, you end up with another conftown D2 and Hider still alive. If not, you have autofound a mafia, and likely (if the Hider picks targets he thinks are town) the hardest maf to lynch, basically chopping off the cobra's head quicker than you can say boo. Pushing Matt to claim was terribad. He was forced to pick Vig and take a stab in the dark, and someone should have stopped that shit before it got out of control.

All in all, a fun game to mod. Oh, and if anyone pulls that Lance shit on me again, I'll cook your balls and feed them to you. Soooo frustrating. Thanks everyone else for playing appropriately! And thanks to AP, Venmar and havingfitz for replacing in (did I miss someone?)

Return to “Completed Open Games”