orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Hi guys. Steam is shit and updating again. And only 144 posts is easy to sort through.

Also, if OP is correct and the Mafioso are ‘stereotypical’, I think we should start posting pictures of ourselves because we all know the best way to determine if people are Mafias or not are by their choice in clothing.

I’m just going to ignore the fact that I can only lynch one of three people for now and offer my thoughts on everything.

Thor starts off with what I think is a reaction test. Topgun responds well (I think takes Thor too seriously).

Theaceofspades enters on post 20. From four posts I’m starting to get a vibe that this may be the newbie who seems scummy as hell. We’ll see.

I’m not sure why Thor hasn’t pointed out the possibility of taos being a noob town yet. He must be able to see that taos is inexperienced.

@42, what bait?

Devourer enters as like the first voice of reason in the entire thread. Maybe there were others but taos mostly masked that. I didn’t see Top really say that the WIFOM was a suspicious thing (this is referring to post 17, right), so I’m seeing an oversensitive Devourer taking Top’s observations to be an attack. Ace is policy right now, not a scum lynch. He’s one of those players I don’t think you can read because they post randomly.

The hyperfocus on taos/thor/topgun should stop.

I think rainbowdash contradicts herself in 47. She says that T12 is a scum read, and then says that scum are uneasy getting into confrontation. Wouldn’t the logical thing for scum T12 to do just to not reply to Thor?

Thor continues the taos whatever.

@50: Never mind. T12 is scummy. Thor’s call for a speed lynch shouldn’t be taken seriously. Anyone still harping on that point is just grasping at straws. And no scum would play THAT badly, would they?

--Thoughts at this point in time: taos would obviously be a lynch candidate on odd days. Why don’t we not waste our even day lynch, and policy him on odd days when our options are limited? I’m also very concerned about the hyperfocus surrounding 3 players.

@55: Devourer sort of speaks my mind on the T12 case. T12 is definitely scummy for taking the speed lynch seriously, but not because of his passive play.
Can somebody enlighten me on how Thor normally treats VIs?

@63: Who’s toroid

@64: I’m going to stop reading taos’ posts now. Not really, but I want to.

Toroid/Thor interaction makes it seem like the two aren’t scumbuddies, for the sole reason that they’re almost getting along too friendly for scum to be comfortable with.

@81: lol

@87: At this point, I’m starting to get a little antsy about Thor’s “vote me and be scum, sheep me and be town”. Although this is probably mostly a joke previously, the fact that Thor says it in a serious manner in this post is disconcerting. Are all of the VIs exclusively voting for you?

Oh god that hammer was shocking.

It’s a page 4 hammer, you flipped your vote massively, called thor “town by default” which is a phrase I find avoidable at all costs. TAOS’ flipping mafia would clear Rainbowdash. I really hope you explain your move from topgun in the future, aside from “let’s policy someone”.

Goddamnit he was town.

I keep forgetting that Toroid is in the game. He’s probably one of those people who get to the end because people just forget him. I would probably say he’s clean by his inclusion in the ‘available to be lynched’ category because scum would have used another random inactive (my predecessor) if Toroid were scum.

@94: Devourer is cum lol. Also, I need to look over Devourer’s posts again.

I don’t think Toroid can vote Devourer, can he? Or am I understanding the rules incorrectly. And where is the sudden devourer popularity even coming from?

Rainbow should be getting more pressure for that hammer.

@100: Haven’t we seen already that policies are bad, why are we still going after name user

@103: WHY NAME USER he didn’t do anything (scummy).

I think Devourer is just getting flak for slipping under the radar. The lack of solid evidences of scumtells tells me that a). the level of play here at this site is so high that we’ve moved beyond evidences, overrated anyways, or b). this is scum driven. I’m willing to bet on at least one of the people who’ve jumped on Devourer to be scum, because of the lack of evidence against him, and the fact that he seems to be a better player than T12 and NU, and so is a better scumlynch.

Thor seems scummy to be right now. He needs to offer something substantial with regards to devourer, not just throw out random names and see if it sticks. I still don’t like his day 1 play—even if you were to policy lynch on day 1, why would you restrict all your attention onto that one person (who you can’t even read anyways)? Really stifles the information us town get to use.

@107: Why is thor town? I feel like I missed a page somewhere.

@109: I definitely missed a page somewhere if Devourer is calling Thor, his primary accuser, a townie. He makes a good point on Toroid. I like him not jumping on NU. I’m starting to buy the T12 lynch. I like the devourer one less and less, although that may be because I’m reading fast.

@110: What is a melon doing on my mafia game

@112: Why is Thor exempt from suspicion for /driving/ the taos wagon? The unjustified (as far as I can tell) reads on Thor are scary.

@113: “I’ll sheep all the darn well I please for as long as I feel like it” Remind me to lynch you all the darn well I please.

@114: I’d imagine that Toroid is trying to avoid confrontation with Thor here, either because scumbuddies or because Toroid is sheeping with someone who for some bizzare reason is being taken as confirmed town ( I take back my ‘too friendly to be scumbuddies’ comment from before). In either scenario, Toroid is scum.

Yeah Toroid is just trolling now.

@124: Oh. Thor is town because T12 is scum? Does that work the other way around, too?

T12 continues to harp on the speedlynch request. Meta’ing Top might be a good idea, although I am not going to be the one who does that since I have the last 6 pages to re-read.

@131: +1

First melons, now ponies. Stop.

I am almost fine with hammering Toroid right now, but I’ll re-read devourer. Oh look, steam finished updating.

I’ll sort out this mess later, but you can see my thought process. I made these comments as I went through the thread, and did not go back to edit.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:12 am

No. I take that back. If we end up lynching Toroid, it'll be because he's the least helpful townie in those 3, not because he's scum. And I think there’s a scum somewhere in that group between Thor and Rainbowdash.

It makes no sense for Toroid, who was cruising along just fine, to be cast into suspicion by putting himself up for lynch. I can easily see Thor putting himself up for lynch though, just given his high opinion of himself. Name User/topgun would have been infinitely better choices. Furthermore, I am simply not buying the Thor=confirmed town narrative I'm reading, and as far as I'm concerned, thor and rainbowdash's interaction seems fake. TAOS wasn’t a poor lynch—he was just a poor odd day lynch. Furthermore, I just don’t /get/ why devourer’s name is being bandied around.

Rainbowdash: Since you knew about the mechanics of the game, why did you choose to policy lynch on an odd day, when ample time remained for you to convince people of the T12 case? Furthermore, does the T12 scum/Thor town work the other way around if T12 flips town?

Explain to me how T12’s play is passive (per 47) seeing as he’s been going after someone who is, in your eyes, a confirmed townie? Also explain how sure you are of this.

Thor: Why did you choose to focus on nobody but a VI on day 1? That doesn’t seem very pro-town to me.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Thor665
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Because it's hasty, it doesn't use or give town any information, and because I don't see how you can arrive at the conclusion that someone is scum from something like 2 pages with such certainty that you are willing to lynch the guy.

I retract that comment about focusing solely on taos. A read of your posts in isolation tells me that I'm wrong.

In post 93, Thor665 wrote:
The list of available lynches came up so quickly that clearly scum had done some pre-conversation about who was going on the chopping block. Makes me feel like it was 'if X is lynched than A, B, C, if Y is lynched than A, C, D' sort of deal.

Or maybe one of the two people around during deadline were scum.

I find it interesting that you've been dismissing T12's case on several occasions. Something to keep in mind for later.
In post 100, Thor665 wrote:I kinda lean in favor of User, simply because *literally* every single player who expressed suspicion of Top12Gun is here in this lynch pool, and to my mind that tends to clear him unless he's really unsubtle scum, and that seems an insane level of unsubtle.

I agree with this and this post needs more love. I also find it strange that Rainbowdash is ignoring this point, while her argument of Thor being obv town is based on the scumread, the lurker, and the VI being on Thor's wagon.

In post 106, Thor665 wrote:
In post 105, Devourer359 wrote:Please explain your reasoning behind this. Besides the fact that I'm cum. Please keep that a secret.

I believe scum voted Aces.
And this makes Rainbowdash...?

Yeah, Thor isn't scummy, but we shouldn't be taking him as being cleared either.

UNVOTE

At this point in time I'm leaning towards Rainbow being scum. First off, I don't buy the T12 case. If T12 were scum, he would not be going after Thor like a little kid who got his sandwich stolen. The focus on speedlynch request is VI, nothing more. Scum would not be trying to push a lynch that obviously just isn't going to happen with all of the thor town reads flying around. Secondly, the hammer stunk, because I don't like speed lynches. Thirdly, putting rainbowdash up on the chopping block has the curious effect of clearing him, since we're all thinking "Oh yeah, scum wouldn't put themselves up for lynch after hammering town".

Rainbow's insistence that "it's not possible to vote for scum today" sounds like scum who put herself up on the block to clear herself of a scummy act (hammering TAOS page 4).

The town read on Thor is disconcerting just because how convinced Rainbow is.

VOTE: Rainbowdash

I am now fully caught up with this game and will no longer be making excuses of "did bad job of skimming thread". Sorry bout that.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm

In post 150, Thor665 wrote:Your quotes are *hyper confusing*

I would say I react to VIs in a number of ways. But by the time I start calling them VIs what I want them to understand is I think their scumtells are laughable and that they should sheep me. To a certain extent I'm trying to make them at least ask themselves 'why is this guy saying our play is so bad and no one else is disagreeing...is it bad?'

I have been called a VI defender (I think that's part of the logic behind 'Papa Smurf'

Other than that...::shrug:: I dunno, I think i treat them with more care then a lot of people who've played as long as I have, but they still bug me and make it hard to get a clear read through all the newb juice.

Right. This bothers me because
In post 146, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
I’m not sure why Thor hasn’t pointed out the possibility of taos being a noob town yet. He must be able to see that taos is inexperienced.

You drove the TAOS wagon knowing full well that he was a VI. And not once did you seriously push for a different lynch candidate on Day 1.

Why is this?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Devourer, a few questions if you will.

How do you feel about Thor's involvement in the TAOS lynch?
Opinions on the hammer?
In Rainbow vs T12, which is the more likely scum?
You've said that you're bad at expressing your opinion. Could you just give me a quick rundown, executive summary, of your opinion of Toroid and Rainbowdash (who I think you've avoided expressing an opinion on this whole game)? Do you believe Toroid is scum, or just the least scummy of all three? Furthermore, it seems like you jumped from having a null-read on T12 to having a scum-read all of a sudden when Thor asked you about it in #109.
You seem to be asking more far questions than you are expressing views, and you only express your views when pressed specifically for them. This is normal town-play for you?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 pm

In post 150, Thor665 wrote:But by the time I start calling them VIs what I want them to understand is I think their scumtells are laughable and that they should sheep me.

Wouldn't the VIs sheeping you classify as scum attempting to fly under the radar and make their attacker love them so they won't get lynched?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm

No. I don't think you were serious with your first post. Were you?

I meant the case on T12 being scum. It's just a memo to myself, don't read that much into it.

Because VI scum would be hopping on with lynching Toroid by now.

I didn't see a T12 push. I saw you saying that T12's case was silly after you got hooked on taos (49). And I know that it was a quick day, but if you were serious about you being a VI defender, I definitely would've expected more focus on other people. Focusing on VI for a day, as I'm sure you would know, really isn't meaningful because it's a VI.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:12 pm

1. I think this is flawed. You pushed for an Ace lynch. Whether or not that was a speed lynch was outside of your control. It was chance that Rainbowdash hammered and that you called for a speedlynch in your first post.
2. We're misunderstanding each other here. I'm saying that you pushed for Topgun to be cleared, since you've said that the case was silly on multiple occasions. The point still stands that you didn't push for a lynch on anyone aside from taos.
4. Reacting to a player =/= pushing for a lynch. That's inconsequential though. I'm not worried about you only focusing on one player, so much as I am that that player was a VI. If what you said about your play regarding VIs was correct, I see no reason why you should've pushed so hard on taos.

In post 152, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 106, Thor665 wrote:
In post 105, Devourer359 wrote:Please explain your reasoning behind this. Besides the fact that I'm cum. Please keep that a secret.

I believe scum voted Aces.
And this makes Rainbowdash...?
Are you exempting Rainbowdash from suspicion because "lol sheep me BE TOWN"
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Thor, do you think Top12 is scum now?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Yeah, it is.

UNVOTE:

I’d like Toroid to tell me what his views on his partners on the chopping block are, and whether or not he is fine with being lynched today. Devourer should answer my question.

Also, if Rainbowdash/Thor are scum, we lost this game, and I will worship the two of you forever. It is good that the possibility of that is extremely low.

I don’t agree that your push on T12 was anything outside of RVS. On day 1, you didn’t say anything about him when taos started posting. If we ISO,

1 is RVS
2-4 is at topgun
5-12, 15-16 is building a taos wagon
16: “T12’s case is pretty silly.”
17-18: back on top12
19-23: Defending the taos wagon
27: taos
28: replying to a shit vote
29: keep bringing stuff back to taos
30: brief summary

Looking at that, I would say you pushed taos pretty hard.

Oh so you’re sheeping rainbowdash? Okay, that’s cool, I’ll compete with you for top sheep. Have you considered a rainbowdash/T12 scum connection? Just a thought.

Thor’s switch on his stance on top12 seems natural. His insistence that he was not pushing too hard on taos day 1 does not.

I’m becoming more and more convinced on the T12 case, but that would necessitate that Thor would be town. Ugh.

Thinking this over.

Pre-Post Edit: Oh my god posts.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 pm

I also don't buy the idea that both scum are not on the wagon. Not that I'm going to use that gut-feeling to build a scumcase.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 pm

19-23 was a typo I copied something wrong. It's Thor saying Top12 is scum in a roundabout way. But there was never really a top12 wagon to push, so yeah.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Ugh sorry.

17-21 is Thor on top12, 22-23 is defending the taos wagon.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm

In post 152, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
I retract that comment about focusing solely on taos. A read of your posts in isolation tells me that I'm wrong.

However, I would still say that the ISO tells us that you pushed hard for TAOS. Probably too hard given your stance on VIs.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

In post 174, Thor665 wrote:Can you explain to me the strategy of early wagons?

For scum or what
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

That's not actually correct. Scum does stuff to lynch town. Town does stuff to lynch scum. I think we see a fundamental difference here.

So obviously the answer here would be that scum builds quick wagon to do a quick and easy lynch, and we all know that quick day 1s never benefit town.

Early wagons are built by town on a scummy case, but that wagon should not turn into a quick lynch, which I do not believe is ever beneficial to town.

And on that note, back to
and I believe you should too.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Replying to one of Rainbowdash's earlier points on her hammer, you were the single swing vote. While I don't believe that the ace wagon was completely town, anyone who hammered Thor would have been marked as certain scum. I don't think that Thor was particularly in danger.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

My beef is with the fact that the wagon was being pushed on a VI, who you said you tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I am calling her out for the quicklynch.
Rainbow being in the lynch pool and then NOBODY pressuring her tells me that Rainbow put herself in the lynchpool to be self-cleared
. As I've stated before (removed some things to reflect my thoughts now, italics for emphasis)

In post 152, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Because it's hasty, it doesn't use or give town any information, and because I don't see how you can arrive at the conclusion that someone is scum from something like 2 pages with such certainty that you are willing to lynch the guy.

Secondly, the hammer stunk, because I don't like speed lynches. Thirdly,
putting rainbowdash up on the chopping block has the curious effect of clearing him
, since we're all thinking "Oh yeah, scum wouldn't put themselves up for lynch after hammering town".

Rainbow's insistence that "it's not possible to vote for scum today" sounds like scum who put herself up on the block to clear herself of a scummy act (hammering TAOS page 4).

The town read on Thor is disconcerting just because how convinced Rainbow is.

I don't know about T12. While he is just bad, he's still reading noob town over noob scum to me. Also,

In post 168, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Have you considered a rainbowdash/T12 scum connection? Just a thought.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Are you serious claiming Toroid is scum for a self-preservation vote? Because that's really bad.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Sorry. Reading 62 pages and stressing out about exams has turned my brain into mush.

Thor should be voting Rainbow right now because she makes a better lynch target than toroid. I don't see scum toroid putting himself up there.

Sheeping you means that you're unlikely to vote for her, and thus Toroid was the planned scum lynch.

Any questions?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

In post 195, Thor665 wrote:How do you see T12's current vote move as newb town and not newb scum?

Scum T12 would have gone after Toroid by this point
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:33 pm

V/LA til thurs
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm

In post 210, Thor665 wrote:So...till after deadline.

Oh gawds, you people.

Vote: Toroid

Because he isn't the lynch T12 or Orc want.

Sort of back for ten minutes.

Explain your last sentence.

I think I'm overthinking this Toroid/Rainbowdash thing. For some reason I'm very paranoid about Rainbowdash being scum.

213 is almost appeal to emotion. Also, it's a fundamentally flawed argument to say that "they were wrong before, they'll be wrong again."

And yet, Rainbow is either avoiding me or I'm missing a post somewhere.

I'm okay with either lynch.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 am

Increasingly, I find myself on a bad vote. Rainbow as sum has no reason not to engage with me right now. She actually believes that everyone is townie, even when she's a leading wagon.

My vote is on the wrong person.

VOTE: Toroid

HAMMA
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm sorry :(

Top is not scum by dint of the fact that he did not go after Toroid. Nor is rainbow. I reckon that there was at least one scum on the chopping block.

VOTE: Thor
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm

UNVOTE:
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Can the scum just claim please my head is swimming right now.

Rainbow: bit of a hypocrisy in voting chk over top when you're saying it's top+chk/me, and you're jumping on chk for voting the exact same way?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 pm

231+232 were made close enough together that the scumteam would have hammered you, I think.

More and more I'm agreeing with chk/top. But then again, were I scum in this scenario, I would bus hard, so I could also see Rainbow as scum.

Either way, chk is a good lynch for the day. Thor, want to lynch with me?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Ugh wait no.

Rainbow, is thor still town? And why do you think so?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Dash: You believe that nobody on the chopping block was scum?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm

In post 252, Rainbowdash wrote:

Second is more of just me because chk is just going to ignore it and say its a scumtell or something, but I dont think scum has been playing a long bus which if it was Thor + anypony they would have needed to be doing.

Also, Thor is known to bus hard as scum, isn't he?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:29 pm

You know what.

This game
sucks
for making me think so much.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Here are your remaining scum-candidates:
Thor665
Rainbowdash
chkflip
Top12Gun

Now, let's examine the major interactions between these four.

Rainbowdash quickhammered on Day 1.
Thor and Rainbowdash have been sheeping each other the entire game, up to today. Rainbowdash has had a chainsaw defense of Thor that was based upon two points: No case on Thor, and Thor attacked everyone. The second one is blatantly false, because Thor hard-busses. The first one holds some value, but there was a 2 page interaction between me and Thor which went completely unnoticed.
-Even if Thor is town, Rainbowdash's adamant defense is still unfounded.
Rainbowdash and Thor have both seperately, at some point, stated that the Day 2 chopping block consisted of no scum. This paves way for a chk/t12 link.
Rainbowdash has been harping on t12 for basically the entire game. Current read is t12/chk as scum.
T12 is inactive, and just looks scummy. Easy target.
Rainbowdash/Thor/Toroid were placed on the chopping block. We know that after Rainbowdash was placed on the block, /nobody/ went after her. This makes no sense. If scum placed town Rainbowdash on the block, I would have expected at least one person to be questioning Rainbowdash about the quicklynch. This did not happen. Scum placing town Rainbowdash on the block does not make sense.

Rainbowdash is scum. Here is her reasoning:

Put Thor/Rainbowdash/Toroid on the block, for Toroid to be lynched. Pave way for a T12 mislynch the next day. That's game.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I also think that if Rainbowdash is scum, then Thor is town. This is because there is no point in Rainbowdash chainsaw-defending Thor so hard. Scum uses that kind of play to get a strong townie who is susceptible to ego-stroking on their side. But that's for tomorrow. Rainbowdash has to go today.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Thor: Do you find Rainbow's adamant town read on you suspicious at all?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Assuming rainbow is scum, I would be open to a Chk lynch. However, I also see rainbow/Thor as a possibility, which is why I like rainbow's lynch better. Chk/top just isn't cutting it for me. I would rather accept the notion that both scum were on the block than no scum being on the block.

Can you just vote rainbow for me, birthday boy?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

The latter.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm

The scumteam could be Thor/chk. However, lynching chk when it's Rainbow/Thor would result in a loss--lynching Thor when it's Rainbow+not-thor would result in a loss. I'm more comfortable with the rainbow vote.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Reasons why rainbow is scummy:
Quickhammer
Putting her up on the chopping block and then having nobody go after her shows me that she put herself up there to be cleared. If scum put her up there, there at least would be some pressure regarding the quicklynch.
This paves the way for a Toroid mislynch, followed by a mislynch based on the T12 scumminess she's been showing flaunting around all game.

And yes, I would agree that rianbow/t12 makes no sense.

Would you really not put a single scum on the block if you were scum?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

The question that has not been asked nearly enough is this:

What was Rainbow doing on the Day 2 block?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Yet nobody pushed for Rainbow on Day 2 aside from me...I think.

I am convinced that scum would not leave both of their own off the block.

For that reason, I find Rainbow's insistence that 'everyone on the block was town' as a classic instance of "being on the block proves that I'm town" and gains some cred from Toroid's lynch, even though she drove it.

Right now, here are the pairings I feel are possible.
Thor+Chk
Thor+Top: Defense by the former of the latter on D1 through D2 supports this. Thor's bussing meta does not.
Thor+Rainbow: This has fucked with my head for a very long time. This is possible.
Rainbow+Chk

Rainbow is not the most common name in those pairings. However, to assume that I judge each pairing with equality is a mistaken assumption. I see Rainbow+Chk as the strongest, more so than Thor+Top and Thor+Chk. The rainbow/Chk interaction seems slightly off in that they both slapped down votes in Lylo without much hesitation. Furthermore, it makes perfect sense for scum to do this. Either Rainbow wins, and Chk is bussed, giving Rainbow all the town cred she needs, or Chk wins and townie Thor is killed off in Lylo. Bussing at this time is the ideal play for scum.

Rainbow's mindless defense of Thor is also bad.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (isolation #41) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Every time Rainbow posts I want to smash my head in for being stupid.

UNVOTE: Rainbowdash

Rainbow: Thing about your interaction with thor is that you weren't just negating the case on Thor, you were pushing Thor as a town-read. You're basically saying that Thor is town because there are stupid people in the village trying to scumhunt. That doesn't follow. Who is your strongest town read right now: Me or Thor?

I'll be in palau for the next 24 hours so I look forward to seeing something from you in that time.

@Thor: I don't take that much stock into meta. I find your interaction with Rainbow suspicious because you don't find Rainbow's defense of you suspicious and I find it suspicious and this is a bad sentence because I'm off on a plane soon but yeah.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I am town. My votes are on Rainbow/Thor today fo' sho'.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm

No. No. No.

Rainbow has been pushing a chk/T12 narrative this entire game and I will not buy it.

VOTE: Rainbowdash and here it stays.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah, 292 confirmed it. I'm not scum, so can we lynch rainbowdash already?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #45) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 pm

In post 278, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I see Rainbow+Chk as the strongest, more so than Thor+Top and Thor+Chk. The rainbow/Chk interaction seems slightly off in that they both slapped down votes in Lylo without much hesitation. Furthermore, it makes perfect sense for scum to do this. Either Rainbow wins, and Chk is bussed, giving Rainbow all the town cred she needs, or Chk wins and townie Thor is killed off in Lylo. Bussing at this time is the ideal play for scum.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #46) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Second to Rainbow/Chk. Which is why I'm voting Rainbow. You should too.

Rainbow, if you were town, I'll shoot you. :3
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (isolation #47) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 pm

In post 291, Klick wrote:
@Both Thor and Rainbowdash:
If I'm town, and you're town, chk has to be scum. Who out of orc, each other, and myself is his most likely partner?

Also, this is a flawed question. You are still a viable scum candidate with Thor. Although granted, if that's the case, we lost this game because I flatly refuse to vote for anyone aside from Rainbow, and we have 3 town vs 2 scum and my vote is set.

I was cheated D2, I will not be cheated again

!
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #48) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm

In post 301, Thor665 wrote:
In post 281, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:@Thor: I don't take that much stock into meta. I find your interaction with Rainbow suspicious because you don't find Rainbow's defense of you suspicious and I find it suspicious and this is a bad sentence because I'm off on a plane soon but yeah.

1. I don't care if you do or don't put stock in meta - all I want to know is why you're applying it to one pairing and not the other. Because you are doing that.

2. I have explained that the case on me was so bad I was amazed it existed - that makes defense of me seem shockingly normal. I already said all of this, what part is so strange to you?

In post 291, Klick wrote:
@Both Thor and Rainbowdash:
If I'm town, and you're town, chk has to be scum. Who out of orc, each other, and myself is his most likely partner?

Well "if you're town" then you can't be his most likely partner and I would answer Rainbow.
If we're not accepting you as town then I would say you or Rainbow.
Those are actually my two main pairings, I rather want to lynch Chk but nobody else is talking that way...which makes me want to do it more.

If there is a bad case against Thor on day 1 (which i wasn't around for), I would agree that it would make the people making the case look scummy. That does not directly translate to you being town, especially not to the extent to which Rainbow was defending you.

I feel much the same way you feel about the Chk lynch, but applied to Rainbow.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #49) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm

UNVOTE: Rainbowdash

Chk, why the hell are you not voting your scumread?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (isolation #50) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh right, sorry, Palau has made me dumb. I forgot that Rainbow/Chk was the scumteam, so that's why chk isn't voting Rainbow.

thor/klick, COME WITH ME.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #51) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm

I now feel very good about this game. Chk/Rainbow is, I can say with 90% certainty, the scumteam. Everything makes sense. Come on guys let's get this done with.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I can't.

I'm just hoping like fuck that no scum would leave both people off the wagon, and because Rainbow has been going after top, and because obvscum rarely is.

I cannot lynch chk because I feel Rainbow/Thor has a stronger possibility than Rainbow/Chk.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #53) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Everyone who is not hammering Rainbowdash believes the scumteam is chk/me.

Why is this.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #54) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm

You are NOT AERIOUS
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

This game is too easy.

Klick is not scum because RD-t12 makes no sense.

Lynch Thor today, Chk tomorrow.

Sorry Thor. Klick, follow.

VOTE: Thor
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Chk, 379 is WIFOM. And Thor himself even said that RD-T12 clears the other if one is scum. Thor's vote is self preservation, he knows that RD-t12 makes no sense. And so do you.

If you are town, you better vote Thor right now. Please. To be honest, I'm buying Thor-RD more than I buy RD-Chk.

Thor, if you're town, I would really appreciate a self-hammer. The scum HAS TO be between one of you and Chk.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm

I AM A WINNER

<3 you all
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (isolation #58) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Also: replacement town beat mighty THOR

In my first game on this site no less. Thanks all for a great one. :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”