Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

sorry about the late random vote guys; for some reason i didn't notice pages two and three. in fact, the last post i saw when making that post was the post above stryker's podrik post. not sure why the other pages did not display, but oh well. i am now caught up.
In post 38, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:I'd argue that it's riskier for scum to pick #1. It draws attention to them, and if they get a double then that's more of a loss because of the smaller team size.
i fail to see how this draws attention to the scum except in the context of this game, where someone posted a theory pretty quickly about scum choosing early numbers.

from reading those posts, their logic is similar to mine; i thought 4 was a low but safe number but of course i was wrong. i think if you gave two neighbors a quicktopic before the game, their discussion would be similar as well. i actually think this is more likely to be a manufactured ploy by scum Siveure DtTrikyp (he had those quicktopics on hand pretty fast) than town seeing scum voting 1 (although a bus with one of the two who voted 1 could be in the works), seeing as he voted a ridiculously low number to make sure he would not be implicated in his theory while being protected by the idea that that strategy guarantees you a unique vote, albeit the last one. i agree with the lottery fallacy by Xdaamno. btw, did i IC one of you newbie games? your name is very familiar to me.

unvote

not sure if there is enough for me to place a vote yet; i don't like Siveure's vote on stryker but i'm not sure if i want to vote him just yet. i'd rather be more sure of myself and it is fairly early. i have to say i like the way the game progressed right from the start, so regardless of your alignment, kudos to Siveure to getting the discussion rolling in an interesting and refreshing way i don't see often here in RVS stages (although i've never played with a lottery before)
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 51, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Draft order is can be very relevant with PYP, and number theory really helps identify the best scum candidates.

Hoopla almost broke this game for scum in Day 1. I was scum that game, I'm going to read over it again and remind myself exactly why I was sweating it out so much.
you know, sorry for the double post, but that is interesting. scum would likely vote separately to give themselves the best chances at roles, but they might try and double up to confuse town. it would be an interesting statistical analysis project to see which would be the better idea (there is enough WIFOM here that i would just not double up and go for the power roles if i were scum) and what would be considered an outlier for the size of the group of the number chosen the most often.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Doubling up probably isn't going to happen because most people won't realize the potential gain.
this is not a good reason to disregard the possibility. how do we know they won't realize the potential gain?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

sorry accidentally hit submit early
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And I don't think I've ever played with you.
i was talking about Xdaamno, not you. sorry for any confusion.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5055250#p5055250]post 54[/url], [quote=Siveure DtTrikyp post_id=5055250 time=1372129906 user_id=19215 post_num=54] wrote:And I think what happened was nothing to do with number theory beyond further narrowing down the scum of a pool of 6.
i don't understand the point you are making. can you please clarify this?
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And how the hell is my pick of over 9000 relevant? I could have picked TWO and I wouldn't be implicating myself.
it is relevant because you are accusing scum of choosing lower numbers since you think they can afford to take the risk while you yourself don't choose a lower number - in fact you choose the highest number. i'm not saying it is a smoking gun by ANY means, but it is certainly relevant because you are conveniently not in a position to be suspected by your own theory.

you seem pretty defensive here, so i'm gonna go with my gut and
VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 57, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Posts like this one from that game are very useful. I want to bring some of that into the discussion soon. Pretty much when most folks have dropped in/moved beyond RVS.
seconding this. click that link people. interestingly enough, scum
did
double up in one of the cited games. i'm not sure how well this info could direct us d1, but at some point later on i think the numbers will provide some very interesting circumstantial evidence.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 64, Cade wrote:VOTE: Stryker

I don't like the fence sitting. Appears to like the RVS than relevant discussions but doesn't want to get too involved in it either.
this looks REALLY opportunistic.
fos: cade

In post 66, Mutleyddmc wrote:VOTE: sakura

Scum last time I played.
we aren't in random voting anymore (says the pot to the kettle)
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 65, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 63, Belisarius wrote:Sure, if there's a reason for it besides "picking at random from amongst the top five"

If there's no actual reason, it's still RVS.
I have an actual reason for voting Stryker.

Some rudimentary PoE is only part of that.
why not tell us more about this actual reason instead of alluding to it?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

wall incoming :cop:
In post 73, Mutleyddmc wrote:Am I not allowed to be?
it would be bordering on anti-town. if you don't hit scum day 1, anti-town is the best possible mislynch.
In post 83, Smudger wrote:why would you think Siveure is scum based solely him bringing to the table a meta that had anyone known about they would have probably done exactly the same thing if they knew about it. In particular considering the discussion that is now ensuing? IMO he was/is under no pressure to have actually revealed that information at that time, he could have kept it back and then only used it when he was pressured.

As for his choice of number, so what? he choose a number that probably no one would have thought about, and considering the information he has imparted regarding number choices and how they could be read then its a pretty good choice for a townie to ensure a good role pick and equally the same for scum. the difference is he chose to tell us about the number analysis, so why shoot himself in the foot?
i'm sorry if you got the wrong impression, but it was his reaction to my post that was more the cause of my vote as opposed to the presentation of the theory itself, which is, in my mind, a nulltell. again, in a later post, i point out that the reason i brought up his number was NOT because it was a scumtell (another nulltell) but that i felt it was relevant info that he conveniently didn't fit into his theory and in fact didn't in a spectacular way. again, his response made me more suspicious.
In post 84, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Case on Stryker:

<snip>

@Belisarius
And that's why I'm
not
voting you or Smudger.
he still reads as more of an inexperienced town to me; this isn't strong enough to convince me the other way, especially the nitpick about RVS actions with someone who has "Townsperson" under their tag and isn't a hydra. the flip flop on the number thing is something i guess but again doesn't quite ping the radar for me enough. decent case, but its timing is rather convenient. speaking of which...
In post 85, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 84, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Case on Stryker:
I like this. I like this a lot.

All of that post combined with the fact that he hasn't laid down any opinions of anyone in the slightest, and has actively attempted to shut down discussion means +1 wagon.

VOTE: Stryker
srs vote.
you do realize how bad this looks right? and where has stryker "actively attempted to shut down discussion"? are you talking about the number argument flip? i would hardly say that qualifies. this looks like lazy scum/bad town play right here, and i'm leaning towards the former. your pseudo-lurking doesn't help you much.

fos: YTWC

In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
In post 55, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Doubling up probably isn't going to happen because most people won't realize the potential gain.
this is not a good reason to disregard the possibility. how do we know they won't realize the potential gain?
We don't. But it's very unlikely. How many people use the numbers? You'd have to be one to realize what's the reward in the draft phase. You don't even agree with the idea, so I find it highly doubtful you're scum that's doubled up. Everyone else isn't bothering with the numbers.
your tone sounded very final to me, as if you were disregarding the possibility. my point is that your theory is so vague and not likely to help until later that i don't see why you make such a big deal about dismissing the doubling up thing in the first place. i don't think it is relevant, while you seem to imply:
In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Also, if you wait for certainty you get nothing done because even a cop with a guilty could be scum fakeclaiming. You have to go with the most likely scenario, which is that scum didn't double up.
that we should
disregard
it. that seems a bit severe. you seem to think that i am for using the theory to scumhunt, which is incorrect. i am saying it could be interesting but something we shouldn't use as a case right now. you say we should actively not think about it, which i find puzzling. do you see the difference here?
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And I think what happened was nothing to do with number theory beyond further narrowing down the scum of a pool of 6.
i don't understand the point you are making. can you please clarify this?
Twas a response to pecan's thing about hoopla in the other game.
gotcha. makes more sense now. thanks for the clarification.
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And how the hell is my pick of over 9000 relevant? I could have picked TWO and I wouldn't be implicating myself.
it is relevant because you are accusing scum of choosing lower numbers since you think they can afford to take the risk while you yourself don't choose a lower number - in fact you choose the highest number. i'm not saying it is a smoking gun by ANY means, but it is certainly relevant because you are conveniently not in a position to be suspected by your own theory.

you seem pretty defensive here, so i'm gonna go with my gut and
VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp
Can't argue with defensive. W/E. This SUCKS. So much. Euck.
no you can't argue with defensive, but you could try and defend yourself in a non-scummy way. it is not that you are defensive, but the context around your defensiveness that warrants my vote. also, since this is my first really serious vote of the day, there is, to be frank, less to go on than, say, a vote on day 3. you going straight for the OMGUS here really reinforces my view. you act as though you are in danger of being lynched already, for pete's sake!
In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Anyway, I'm not accusing scum of choosing lower numbers in general. I'm accusing scum of choosing ONE. JUST ONE. Two isn't the mystical lowest number available that guarantees you first place if no-one picks it.
i think this needs to be reinforced about the difference between your case and Hoopla's case in the game that was linked to by pieceofpecanpie. you think scum are more likely to choose 1 (although your evidence seems to be just as strongly correlating with scum choosing lower numbers, so i don't know why you are restricting yourself to just choosing 1, unless *!!wild speculation alert!!* all of your scumbuddies chose low but avoided 1 specifically so you could make your case, or one chose 1 to make you look more town), while Hoopla's analysis specifically talks about scum having higher positions after submitting the numbers, and does not reference the numbers picked themselves. there seems to be more hard data and logic towards Hoopla's case, but your logic certainly isn't faulty by any means either. note that this is NOT an attack on your case and (wild speculation aside) is not an attack on you either, it is just something interesting i wanted to clarify before the cases got lumped together as one entity.
In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Anyway, This is my third PyP game and I was hoping to get high with my draft number. Nobody is going to give a crap what I picked or who I could be scumbuddies with because I've already done this setup twice.
out of curiosity, what numbers did you pick the other times?

also, capsman (TMNTwhatever) you need to rereread i think. even if Belisarius had left his RVS vote on "a town" (that certainty you have is a bit strange) how is that worthy of a vote?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 100, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 96, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 85, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote: VOTE: Stryker
srs vote.
you do realize how bad this looks right? and where has stryker "actively attempted to shut down discussion"? are you talking about the number argument flip? i would hardly say that qualifies. this looks like lazy scum/bad town play right here, and i'm leaning towards the former. your pseudo-lurking doesn't help you much.

fos: YTWC
Saying that there is no point in discussing the biggest topic of discussion at the time looks like an attempt to shut down discussion to me. And you're already accusing me of lurking two days in? dis gon b gud.
pseudo-lurking. you've posted, but i don't see much content. not necessarily a scumtell, but with your opportunistic hop on stryker because of someone else's case basically makes you look like scum flyer under the radar to me. not enough to warrant a vote, but enough for an FoS for sure. and i saw that as an attempt to shift discussion elsewhere from something that was a pet theory but not immediately relevant. perhaps we have strikingly different views about the early importance of Siveure DtTrikyp's theory on day 1. care to enlighten me on how important it is that no one should try and redirect attention elsewhere?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 102, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote: You say you considered the drafting or something somewhere. W/E.

And we shouldn't think on it if our thoughts are "OMG WIFOM WE CAN'T KNOW ANYTHING," when it's fairly clear that stuff works.
clarification? i'm having trouble figuring out what you mean here.
In post 102, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:What context? I assume you don't mean it being the first vote on me when I've gone kinda aggressively pushing some stuff before? What omgus? I can't even find anything that could be omgus. And the stuff that sucks is me playing very good (for me) early on and still getting suspected which I'm kinda tired of. Or maybe I just whine about how much I get suspected without actually being suspected that much. W/E.

I get lynched a lot, so I always panic when someone who seems to know what they're doing (which is basically everyone who can make a case) comes up with a case on me. It's a sivtell.
context as it being early and, yes, the first vote on you. i don't see how you can respond aggressively to votes before the first vote though...? so i am not seeing that argument (or maybe am misreading you). i interpret your "this sucks. Euck." as referring to my case on you. if you meant the situation however, it wouldn't be OMGUS necessarily. clarify this please.
In post 102, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Random other responses below.

I don't like the fos on YTWC - you're not seeing the same stuff that we're seeing on stryker, which is kinda weird.
my fos is based on his timing and overall lack of content, not the fact that he thinks stryker is scummy. again, this is about context.
In post 102, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:PEdit: Where was stryker trying to direct the conversation TO?
i don't think he has a specific definition, but his post still reads more like someone who doesn't see the point to the speculation as opposed to someone who wants to bury it because he is afraid it will implicate him/his scumbuddies. also i can't for the life of me see you guys right now as both being scum, so there's that as well (although that is lesser).
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 103, Belisarius wrote:
In post 100, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:You know PPP's town? Or you have a townread on PPP, so a vote for him is scummy?
That's a hard misrep -- he's voting me because
I
declared a soft townread on PPP and he missed my unvote. I can tell this much and I'm the one being voted.
i didn't read it as that either
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 114, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
In post 105, Alabaska J wrote:context as it being early and, yes, the first vote on you. i don't see how you can respond aggressively to votes before the first vote though...? so i am not seeing that argument (or maybe am misreading you). i interpret your "this sucks. Euck." as referring to my case on you. if you meant the situation however, it wouldn't be OMGUS necessarily. clarify this please.
Huh?

I'm asking where is the OMGUS and you're asking ME to clarify? No. This is clear. You first.

The first is not referring to votes.
i thought it was pretty clear that i thought your OMGUS was when you said "Euck. This sucks." instead of responding to my case. you even said "sucks"
In post 127, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I don't mean like does he change from alignment to alignment, I mean does he change from day to day?

If he stays like this all game we should just lynch him b/c we won't be able to tell.
policy lynches are never a good thing, but if we think he is scum we shouldn't shy away from him because it could be part of his anti-town nature or something like that.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 130, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 96, Alabaska J wrote: also, capsman (TMNTwhatever) you need to rereread i think. even if Belisarius had left his RVS vote on "a town" (that certainty you have is a bit strange) how is that worthy of a vote?
Here's what I thought, before Sak's post. I thought he said that he thought someone else was scum as in he thought the case was good, but didn't want to change his vote from someone who is my #1 townread.
just curious, why is he your number 1 townread?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 130, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:(Was going to put an unvote here but Mod didn't count it so I guess it all worked out)
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 141, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Alabaska, the point of a policy lynch in this instance is that if we can't tell if he's scum, and never will, then he HAS to be lynched because it's no worse than random odds and we don't want to waste time on him. But hey I say we give him a free pass today and crack down HARD tomorrow or day 3.
scum love policy lynches. doesn't mean town can't suggest them but they are really beneficial to scum if the person is a townie. easiest lynch in the world. policy lynch should be used in tiebreaker-esque situations where two people are equally considered scummy by the town. there is probably a vig in the game, so that may be a good shot for them however. not great for a lynch when we can scumhunt
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 142, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:Second, and I'm not sure about this, seeing as I'm pretty new, but I think I heard that a scum tell is having only one scumread, and not scumhunting further.
very true, that is one of my big scumtells
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Alabaska J »

V/LA UNTIL JULY 1
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #266 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

back from v/la, exhausted from flights and laguardia airport in general, will post massive stuff tomorrow if that is cool with everyone
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #365 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:41 am

Post by Alabaska J »

wall incoming
In post 150, Smudger wrote:As for his reaction, taking into context, is that a reason for a vote?
on day one that early, yes
In post 160, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 153, Smudger wrote: So the two people who have introduced opposing number theories to us are town? theories that basically I find confusing and of no use other than to make me look at everyone at the top of the draft pick and the persons holding number 1 and possibly number 4?

thanks that is a great comfort.
Getting bad feels from this. We're not here to make you feel comfortable. And two people with opposing ideas can both be Town, no matter how confusing you find the ideas.

(for convenience, my user is usually shortened to Troubles, by the way.)
this is a blatant misrep. the comfort statement is sarcasm, and he never says or even implies that because they have opposing ideas one must be scum. he is saying that the number theories themselves can be used to draw attention away from actual scumhunting and make a person who is talking about them look more town because of the amount they seem to be contributing. i would vote troubles here but i need to make sure he isn't at L-1 or something so i will wait until the end of my post.
In post 168, Xdaamno wrote:Hey folks. Apologies for the lack of posting.

Alabaska's politeness makes him an interesting read. Any recent previous games you can link me to, Al?
sorry my sabbatical makes that kind of difficult. also, i don't think i used to be this polite playing mafia three-four years ago.
In post 168, Xdaamno wrote:
In post 110, pieceofpecanpie wrote:So you lied?

Are you planning to keep this up all game?
Leading question.
i too have a slight scum read on pecanpie, but i don't think this is a leading question at all given the circumstances of the post. it sounded more like a pissed off question to me
In post 170, Mutleyddmc wrote:Because I'm voting my scum read. There was no need to cover every player if you have null reads on everyone. Could have just said yer I find these people null but here are my town reads. As you didn't actually give anyone a scum read, just a null leaning scum, not ever a pure leaning scum. Seem contrived and just wanted it to make it seem as if you were anaylsing without actually putting anything real out there.
are you really criticizing someone for contributing :facepalm:
In post 172, Mutleyddmc wrote:Yes but there was little point to it to tell us basically you have 0 scum reads and a few town reads
thank goodness for this blatant misrep, just do a few more of these so you are in lynching consideration please (also loving that deckard's vote triggered OMGUS in mutley that almost resembled content)
In post 176, Jennifer wrote:
Stryker
: Siveure DtTrikyp, pieceofpecanpie, Cade, Your Troubles Will Cease (L-4)
interestingly enough, i have slight-to-heavy scumreads on all of these people.
In post 177, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 174, Xdaamno wrote:Btw, just some take-it-or-leave-it advice for town players: It seems there's little point discussing your scumreads with the people you have scumreads on, because if they're scum, they'll try and subvert you.
I disagree. This is a surefire way to increase the likelihood of tunnelling. For me, scumhunting is a continual process and the best way to refine and solidify reads is direct conversation. If you shut your ears when your scumreads defend themselves then you'll never have a reason to move your vote. So, for me, that's a definite leave-it.

You do have a point in other circumstances though: if your second scumread starts defending your first scumread, take it with a pinch of salt.
what? he doesn't say shut your ears to their arguments, he says don't get into an extended argument (which would probably increase tunneling chances in my opinion). misrep #2
In post 179, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 168, Xdaamno wrote:VOTE: pieceofpecanpie
*raises eyebrows*
In post 168, Xdaamno wrote:for the following reasons:
:lol:
fos: pieceofpecanpie
this response to the first case against you plays directly into how i would expect you to react if you were scum. now i have a decision to make on who to vote for by the end of this post...
In post 182, Belisarius wrote:
I wouldn't laugh too hard. Xdaamno's methodology reminds me of Mark McClish. I'm hoping to have more in that same vein (albeit on other players) tomorrow. Tonight, work permitting, but I doubt it will the way things have been going.
who is mark mcclish?
In post 187, Belisarius wrote:Every other time I've mentioned the Driver method, I've been queried on it, so I'll just answer the question before it's asked : The Driver method refers to using an aggregate of the methods taught by Janine "The Lyin' Tamer" Driver, which is something I've only been familiar with for about a week. I expect one of the ongoing games I've used it in to be completed before this one is, so I'll link to that if I'm still alive when the time comes.
i cannot fathom for the life of me why you would not explain in a brief synopsis here what a driver tell is other than telling us to google it. i think that is
very
anti-town. what if you understand something differently than someone reading the shit on google? what if they find the wrong thing? what if it is complex and difficult to understand without a summary? what if they can't find it (like smudger)? why in the world would you do this??? it makes your post basically meaningless to me. i can't even take any context from the word driver, since it appears to be named after someone.

people if you are going to use a system like this, it is basic forum etiquette to explain it properly instead of hoping other people can find it themselves. most people who are lazy will just ignore your post and assume you are contributing, which is pretty handy for scum.
In post 194, Belisarius wrote:
In post 191, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:One problem with your post, Beli, is nowhere in the post do you explain what a driver tell is, and what tells you claim to have found.
Actually I did, at the beginning where I explained what the Driver method is. This gives you enough information to google Janine Driver, learn about the method, and draw your own conclusions instead of relying exclusively on someone (me) who has just started using it.
major issue here. i want to know how
you
interpret the driver method, because you are using it. if you misunderstand it in some way, or alter it in a way you think is meaningless but isn't, i'm left in the dust as to how to interpret your post.

i'm unsure about whether this is scummy or not, since the way bel is posting this makes me feel like he would to it regardless of alignment, but this has effectively derailed all discussion at this point due to his unwillingness to simply summarize his method, and i consider it more anti-town than mutley, to give a barometer.
In post 201, Smudger wrote:
Xdaamno
slight scum read, but based on lack of content than much else. Although this rather off handed comment here regarding town has my interest
In post 195, Xdaamno wrote:
Yes it would. That information is already available to you.
Yeah man, that's true, but I don't really have the time... haha. I would usually think that's up to you, since otherwise you've presented the town with entirely nonfunctional information which 'might' be able to be turned into something useful? Also, wanna speak a bit more about the methodology?
this should not be a scumread at all. we should not be expected to do research and guess how he is applying a method. the burden of explication is on the person using the theory, not the others in the game
In post 209, Mutleyddmc wrote:Well I don't know how he's adapted it to suit his purposes. However I believe from what I've read that it wouldn't translate well to the Internet. Plus the method they use aren't that great as lots them I do for fun.

Eg the yes or no answer shit. I never give a yes or no answer in real life cos I like to wind people up
bel, this post will probably prevent almost everyone from researching your method. and it is from mutley of all people.

if mutley and bel are scum, this is ingenious, but i don't think that is the case.
In post 214, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:You know, the whole stryker thing is a pointless waste of time, as

"Last visited:Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm"

Yeaaah.

Waitaminute that's two days after his last post... Hrmm, I think he really should be replaced by now.

And dangit I've been way too focused on stryker argh.
nice pseudo-content there buddy. we don't need anyone to tell us stryker isn't posting, we've noticed.
In post 215, Belisarius wrote:So, direct responses done, the summary of what I'm doing with the Driver analysis is to pick apart everyone's diction and compare it to a list of things dishonest people say as compiled by a bunch of American cops (Driver was ATF, McClish was (maybe still is?) a US Marshal, both polled their colleagues for additional tells) and observe how that diction changes over time. Hence, posting all of my notes at this phase of the game would skew the results since the scum would know exactly what to stop doing long before any reliable results could be obtained.
see, now that wasn't so hard, was it? also, since it is based on diction, i don't see why people are discounting it because it was originally applied in real life. i think similar rules might apply here, although it doesn't sound like anything i would use myself.
In post 220, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:UNVOTE: stryker

bored with this vote and nothing coming from it.

VOTE: smudger

Extreeeme gut.
you are doing everything you can to keep me voting you, aren't you?
In post 223, Sakura Hana wrote:Wait what, so Smudger finds me null because of lack of content yet finds Xdaamo scummy for the same reason?
VOTE: Smudger
way to not read his actual post and assume someone else is correct in talking about it. freedom left part of it out of his quote.
fos: Sakura Hana

In post 236, Yesterday wrote:
2)
I find this post by YTWC insanely town, I don't think scum would say "can I quote the PM I sent" at all since it'd be a lie given that from what I've seen scum submit their guesses inside a QT (My memory might be wrong on that but that's what I remember from Team Mafia) and his reasoning behind picking #1 is as above what I think town would have rather than scum, explanation again in this post is also town. So yeah similar to Siv would bet he's town for sure.
i like your post, but this snippet draws some major red flags. the pm thing should be a nulltell, since scum could very well know that quoting pms is not allowed and said something like this to evoke this response. i'd say that is more likely, actually, since not quoting pms is probably the most well-known rule on the entire site. i'm surprised this is a "strong town read". in fact, most of your reads outside of sakura tend to be based almost wholly on one or two posts someone makes instead of their whole body of work. i find that weird, especially since you
insist
people are town (something i hate, btw, but a lot of townies do it so meh)
In post 254, Elyse wrote:I'll just post my thoughts as I read.
In post 24, Stryker wrote:
In post 3, Jennifer wrote:
DRAFT ORDER:

Siveure DtTrikyp: 9002
Why would we take you seriously? :laugh:

Why would town not risk to take #1 and try to go for a useful town pr or deny a powerful scum pr?
I don't like this. It doesn't point to him being either alignment. He would want a PR as both town and scum.
In post 29, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Am I allowed to quote what I sent to the moderator here?
Because I picked 1 to deny any scum who thought they were being clever. I figured the risk of scum getting first pick is too great.
Really don't like this, but I think he's town because of it.
this seems like a contradiction. picking for a power role is a nulltell, but then a towntell? maybe i am misreading this. can you clarify, Elyse?
In post 254, Elyse wrote:
In post 168, Xdaamno wrote:Hey folks. Apologies for the lack of posting.

Alabaska's politeness makes him an interesting read. Any recent previous games you can link me to, Al?

VOTE: pieceofpecanpie
for the following reasons:
In post 65, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 63, Belisarius wrote:Sure, if there's a reason for it besides "picking at random from amongst the top five"

If there's no actual reason, it's still RVS.
I have an actual reason for voting Stryker.

Some rudimentary PoE is only part of that.
Nobody genuinely uses PoE this early. It's plausible for town to make up reasons, but scum are more likely to.
In post 58, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Alabaska actually raises a decent point. Choosing a number over 9000 doesn't clear you. Yeah, it doesn't implicate you either, like Siv pointed out in #54, but the defensiveness is interesting.
"actually raises a decent point" is mild scummy language.
In post 110, pieceofpecanpie wrote:So you lied?

Are you planning to keep this up all game?
Leading question.
I completely disagree with this. Did you just ignore everything else he did that made him look town?
i know this isn't directed at me, but even if a person looks town in a lot of posts, a few posts that i find scummy can unravel all of that. you have to remember scum is trying their best to look town, so i don't think it is a stretch to vote someone who has a lot of town posts based on a few that really ping your scumdar.
In post 259, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 257, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Smudger/sakura/deckard is a little weird just b/c 4/5/6.
Because I'm town (not like me saying it will make you guys believe it but w/e).
I was already disengaged from this game and now i feel even less motivated to do anything because i have a feeling everything i say will just make my hole just deeper so i might as well not say anything and die in peace, I already tried when I was scum once and it didn't work, now anything I do will just be fakescumhunting or mudslinging or just deflecting or w/e so yeah, just kill me, and good luck Town.
unvote
VOTE: Sakura Hana
In post 267, Xdaamno wrote:Just nipping in to say...
In post 254, Elyse wrote:Why would we take you seriously? :laugh:
In post 254, Elyse wrote:I don't know what to make of Mutley's (...) nonsense.
In post 254, Elyse wrote:(...)I HATE all player reads lists
Try and keep it chill, the game is just for entertainment :neutral:
what the hell is the point of this post? one of these is even a misquote, as ppp points out later on. this doesn't jive at all with the rest of Xdaamno's posts, but i also have no idea why scum Xdaamno would post this either. this is probably the strangest post in the entire game; i have no idea what to make of it.
In post 268, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Wow!

First quote isn't even Elyse's words.

Second quote is dressed up to look worse.

Third quote is completely out of context.

VOTE: Xdaamno

That kind of selective smearing just reeks.
no comment on Sakura? hmmm...
In post 271, Yesterday wrote:I really like Elyse's replace in post - seems to be on a similar wavelength to me on a lot of things and the focus on the "can I quote the PM" thing feels really town
just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean they are town. be careful not to fall into this trap.

that being said, why do you two like the pm quoting? what makes that town?? why couldn't scum pick 1 and then be eager to quote the pm to seem townie? i don't see how asking to quote a pm would say anything about alignment whatsoever, yet both of you think it is the towntell to end all towntells. i mean, i could have pm'd the mod "i pick 4 because i think scum will only pick below that likely boy am i town for trying to keep them from getting prs!!!" and be scum and then asked to quote it; hell i could even fakequote a pm. of course, that is against site rules, but we are assuming in this case troubles didn't know that (although i find that weird since it is one of the first site-wide rules i picked up on). can you guys elaborate on this?
In post 283, Yesterday wrote:I think I just hit the jackpot, sorry if this seems messy but notice this:

Playerlist:

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Sakura Hana
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
*Xdaamno Moon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Elyse Crimml
Deckard
*Cade
Yesterday Stryker

And Deckards reads list order in :

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
Xdaamno
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Crimml
Cade
Stryker
Sakura Hana

He's left his scum partner until last to state a read on while doing everyone else in the OP's order.
aren't there three scum in this game though? that's what the wiki page says. why one and not the other?
In post 302, Yesterday wrote:It's not at all, I'm third on the order and I'll essentially say it; I have a PR that's rather strong meaning doctor being on me is super important.
:facepalm:

anyway, Sakura seems more like scum to me than Deckard to be honest, also Mutley had already voted deckard so i don't know why people freaked out. i'd rather lynch Sakura since she's being blatantly anti-town in giving up. Deckard may have also been in another game/left the website open so the whole following-the-daychat thing is a little fishy to me. also i would expect scum to pretend not to know about something the minute it is proposed, that's just the right play. i also am not as confident about the scumslip with deckard (i would probably use conditional phrasing as well seeing as not everyone knows my alignment). i would be willing to lynch deckard though just to get the game going since the case against him certainly has its merits and a large portion of the town seems to think he is scum
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #401 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Alabaska J »

its clear to me that sakura was the vig shot because of her actions yesterday. also, just because i was not voting deckard yesterday does not make me scum, otherwise why not go for ppp as well? i'm glad Siveure is so quick to OMGUS and sheep mutley, who is
obviously
the best player here and someone who should be followed :/

as for the massclaim, i have no experience in Pick Your Power, so i defer to others who have played before. would like to hear ppp's opinion.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #402 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Alabaska J »

also, reading
deckard
's iso, he has some interesting interactions with YTWC:

RVS votes him, a common distancing tactic for noobscum (i even did it in my first game as scum i believe)
Addresses a clearly facetious policy lynch post for more distancing
Here and here he continues the line of questioning for no real reason
This right here seems like a key distancing post: he acknowledges that his vote is RVS but keeps it on (theoretically to claim later on that he didn't remove it because of suspicions early on)
In post 159, Deckard wrote:
Your Troubles Will Cease

Null leaning scum. The scum bit is purely based on gut, which I don’t like but can’t ignore at this stage and based on
[#30]
&
[#44]
which seriously reeks.
<snip>
UNVOTE: Your Troubles Will Cease
VOTE: Mutleyddmc

I don't like Muttle's behaviour and I much prefer voting for him than to leave my RVS vote on YTWC though I have a slight scum read on him too, but based on gut as you have read above.
interestingly enough, he has a "gut read" of slight scum on YTWC because of the RVS vote he put on
Belisarius
, although i think YTWC's vote and explanation are not really scummy at all. he then unvotes YTWC and votes Mutley, who everyone at this point had written off as simply an anti-town poor player trying to WIFOM his way through the first few days by not really contributing anything but as a result not doing anything scummy (a more common tactic than you might think for players who don't want to get nightkilled by maf or lynched). seems like a safe place to move your vote don't you think? noobscum indeed. looks like textbook distancing right here so far. after this, he comes under fire from Mutley and shrinks immediately, then hammers himself instead of claiming.

interestingly enough, if deckard had claimed, we probably would have spared him, lynched sakura, directed his vig kill to someone, and if they were town he could have shot them and gotten off scott free, if they were scum he could've shot a townie and claimed a redirect (a likely scenario given that scum knows his target) or killed his partner, guaranteeing him heavy town points by a lot of people here. this theoretically could have been quite a victory for scum, netting them possibly as many as two more town deaths and subtracting a scum death, as the shot that killed
sakura
could have hit another townie as well. we are very lucky he gave up and hammered himself (certainly a strange play).

i'm gonna look over YTWC's posts now. more will come later
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Alabaska J »

just realized i used bold red in that last post. i'll refrain from bolding the colors from now on. sorry about that jennifer
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #408 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 404, Elyse wrote:What was the point of saying what could have happened had deckard claimed? Just looks like fluff to me.
for his benefit should he read from the dead. maybe i should have made that clear. it presents a great learning opportunity for a new player who may very well have had his first PR scum role.
pieceofpecanpie wrote:
@Alabaska
On massclaiming, I've never experienced it before in PYP. Seems like a hideous idea to me, especially taking into consideration who scum targeted.
ok this was my first reaction. Siveure, is the reason you brought it up
really
because you just "felt like it"? that sounds like a horrible reason.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #419 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 418, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Yeah... if you're fakeclaming you'd probably do so with at least some thought for it, and first thing is "don't claim rolecop."

Let's not get too hung over on this. Unless you want to lynch me for it, in which case you can go on about it as long as you like, you idiots.
if you put too much thought into it it is obvious you are fakeclaiming
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #469 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Alabaska J »

great posts yesterday.
the vote is for more pressure on smudger.
pedit: he's already at L-2. no need to vote. however, i don't like massclaiming just yet for the reasons ppp posted. if what you are saying is true, yesterday, and because bel is vanilla, smudger most certainly looks like scum here. i think cop would be first pick, but scum wouldn't need it, and you could make the argument for jailbreaker. i don't think we need to massclaim today (ppp makes a great point about bel's death) but i would like to hear a smudger claim for sure
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #498 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

i definitely was under the impression that yesterday was a cop; also it makes absolutely no sense for him/her to claim cop without provocation; getting the cop for the second to last scum sounds like a pretty bad deal to me. don't know why scum would try that ploy right now as opposed to trying a mislynch (which would probably work on the now theoretically town smudger), especially with how people thought yesterday was town even though stryker was considered scummy. it's awfully convenient that smudger gets roleblocked/jailed trying to investigate yesterday; he must be scared that tracker saw him visit yesterday with the roleblock/is seeing the softclaim i'm missing as well. lets stop speculation on where it is because smudger has admitted to visiting yesterday and that is a scum slip because theoretically if he was blocked we wouldn't see him as visiting yesterday (i'm pretty sure) so its clear to me he's covering his tracks in case the tracker hardclaims (don't do it; no reason to suspect the last scum to see the tracker softclaim at the moment). don't answer ppp: i'm not as convinced of his towniness as you are yesterday. could be a subtle fish to kill the tracker. yesterday, tell us when you are done posting whatever you have to say since there is no doc to save you tonight. you are right: self-hammer before you can say stuff is something to be worried about. i'll put him at L-1 whenever you are ready.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #582 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Alabaska J »

well, that was quick. literally checked this morning, came back in the evening and it was done. good job, everyone. why did bel show up as vanilla upon dying though?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #586 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 583, Sakura Hana wrote:Because he bid on tracker, and smudger got jailkeeper
In post 584, Jennifer wrote:
In post 582, Alabaska J wrote:why did bel show up as vanilla upon dying though?
Jailkeeper/Tracker occupy the same slot, and since Smudger got to go first, Beli lost out. Just really bad luck.
d'oh
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1

Return to “Completed Open Games”