Open 507: The Case of the Hard Boiled Egg (Game Over, 6/13)

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 507: The Case of the Hard Boiled Egg (Game Over, 6/13)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Hard Boiled Egg

Hello detectives, I'm Encyclopedia Brown. I'm working hard on a case, and I need your help! I've been told you're the 13 best sleuths we have in the neighborhood. Together we're going to solve a mystery. I'll tell you about it later, when everyone has checked in!

Spoiler: Player Info
ac1983fan
Amrun
(BS2000)

Berkerberos (hydra)
fuzzybutternut
(MeowMix)

Kerberos (hydra)
Lazurial
Lucky2u
kunkstar7
(mnemonicdevice)

oriole
Rank
Rural Juror
(DrCirno)

Taskmaster (hydra)
Twin Flames (hydra)

Dead/Missing Players:

-
Taskmaster, the Hider, has gone missing on Day 1

-
Lucky2u, a vanilla townie, has gone missing on Night 1

-
Twin Flames, a vanilla townie, has gone missing on Night 1

-
Rank, a vanilla townie, has gone missing on Day 2

-
fuzzybutternut, a vanilla townie, has gone missing on Night 2

-
oriole, the Detective, has gone missing on Night 2

-
Lazurial, a vanilla townie, died on Day 3

-
Amrun, a vanilla townie, loses

-
kunkstar7, a vanilla townie, loses

-
Rural Juror, the Vigilante, loses

-
ac1983, Bertkerberos, Kerberos
win the game as Mafia Goons!

Achievement Unlocked: Perfect Scum Win

Ok guys, to solve this
Hard Boiled
mystery, I'm going to arrange us all by roles. Pay attention now, as some of these roles have special conditions!

I need 7 of you to be just regular townies!
Spoiler: Townie
Welcome, X. You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Please confirm via PM by stating your role.

I'll need 1 brave person to be our Tracker or Vigilante! You can't choose your ability until you reach Night 1! Sorry!
Spoiler: Tracker/Vigilante
Welcome, X. You are the Tracker/Vigilante. You have the following abilities:
-Decision: on night one, you must choose whether you want to be a tracker or a vigilante. You will remain this role for the duration of the game.
-Tracker: if you choose tracker on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me the name of someone who you want to track. I will return a PM telling you who that person targeted that night, or that they targeted no one.
-Vigilante: if you choose vigilante on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me a name of someone who you want to kill. That person will die, unless in some way protected.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

I need 1 super slick Hider!
Spoiler: Hider
Welcome, X. You are the hider. You have the following abilities:
-Hide: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or a vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or a vigilante that night, both of you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

I'll need 1 more person though. I'm going to flip a coin and they will begin Day 1 as a Detective or a Psychologist!
Spoiler: Detective
Welcome, X. You are the detective. You have the following abilities:
-Investigation: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has killed another player at night on any night, including the night that your action was submitted.

Spoiler: Psychologist
Welcome, X. You are the psychologist. You have the following abilities:
-Diagnosis: every night, you may PM me wit the name of someone who you want to diagnose. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has the capability to kill another player at night. If they have already killed another player, or kill another player on the night you diagnose them, they will lie to you so you will be told that they do not have the capability to kill.

But 13 of you guys showed up. That means, 3 of you must be part of the Tiger Mafia, the local bullies in town! Oh no guys, we can't let them ruin our chance at solving the mystery!

Spoiler: Mafia
Welcome, X. You are a Mafia goon, along with Y and Z. You have the following abilities:
-Factional communication: You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.
-Factional kill: Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 61 times in total.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Here are some rules, guys! I stole them from the other detective agency, but I'm sure they don't mind a little play, plaj, plag, a little copying.

MECHANICS
* Daystart
* The Tracker/Vigilante chooses on Night 1 which role they would like to be.
* The Hider dies if it hides with a Mafia Goon or a Vigilante, or if the person it hides behind dies.
* The Detective targets a player and finds out if that player has killed another player or not.
* The Psychologist targets a player and finds out if they have the potential to kill, but if the player has already killed, the psychologist will get a negative result.

GENERAL
* This color is reserved for the Mod. Do not use it in your posts.

* Do NOT quote or discuss any private communications by the Mod. It will result in a modkill.
* I reserve the right to add or modify rules over the course of the game as needed.
* In case of any doubt, use the site wide rules. When in doubt of anything, ask!

VOTING/LYNCHING
* It takes 50% + 1 to lynch.
* All votes must be in bold or use the voting tag.
* A vote is required to be bolded.
VOTE: uctriton00
. No exceptions.
* Unvotes are not required.
* You may vote for someone using a concatenated or abbreviated version of their name. I reserve the right to ask for clarification in any case of ambiguity.
* Deadline expirations count as no lynches!
* You may vote to No Lynch. I WILL ACCEPT a majority vote for a no lynch if enough of them occur!
* Once enough votes for a lynch or no lynch have been achieved, no further votes or unvotes will be counted.
* If you are lynched, you may continue to talk in thread until the thread is locked (the "twilight" period).
* Dead players may NOT make a "bah" post the following day, NO EXCEPTIONS!
* If you notice any errors in the vote count, please let me know in thread.

DEADLINES/ACTIVITY
* Each game day will last two weeks.
* Each game night will last 48 hours.
* Saturday/Sunday are considered 24 hours.
* The July 4th holiday will count as 0 hours. Get your eat on and celebrate America.
* Actions may be submitted to me either via PM or Quicktopic.
* You may submit your night actions in advance.
* You may change your night action as many times as you want up until deadline.
* If you do not submit a night action, the action is forfeited.
* If you will be V/LA please notify me in the thread in bold font. If the V/LA is for too long a period, I reserve the right to replace.
* Prods will be issued to players who are not V/LA and do not post within a 72-hour period. If you are prodded, you have 48 hours from the prod to post in game or you will be replaced. If you are prodded three times or more, you may be replaced. For purposes of a prod, Saturday and Sunday will be considered 24 hours.

COURTESY
* No rules against cursing or insults. But if the majority of remaining players believe that you are being disruptive to the game, I will issue warnings. After several warnings, you may be replaced.

Have fun!
Last edited by uctriton00 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Everyone was gathered in Encyclopedia's famous garage, where he has started many cases in his career. Shelves around the wall had mementos of his previous work.

Around him were 13 others, who had answered his personal ad. It read "Sleuths wanted to help solve a mystery! Rewards available!" All of them had patiently waited for Encyclopedia to finish scribbling notes on his notepad.

"Ok fellas, here's the deal. I have a mystery to solve, and there's going to be a reward for solving it. I hope it's something great!" Everyone in the room had smiles on their faces.

"Here's how we're going to do it. Everyone will play a specific role in this mystery. We'll need to put our noggins together and work as a team. I'd do this myself, but I've had problems with the Tigers. I've foiled many of their plots, and now I think they're out to get revenge on me. So hopefully I can trust you all."

Everyone in the group laughed at Encyclopedia's paranoia.

Encyclopedia himself chuckled. "I guess I'm just being silly from the excitement of getting a reward! Anyway, guess where we're going?"

The group shrugged in unison.

"Our case is taking us to the bakery! The chef invited me to come down, and said to take whoever else I wanted to come along with if I think they could help. Let's go, guys!"

Encyclopedia and his new friends headed down the street, and made it to the corner bakery.

The bell clanged against the door as Encyclopedia pushed it in. "Hello, Mr. Ramsey, we're here!" he yelled.

A voice appeared from behind the counter. "Sorry Encyclopedia, I just had an accident and was cleaning up! Anyway, how may I..... hey what are you doing?"

"Excuse me?" Encyclopedia said.

"Why are there so many of you?" he asked.

"We're all here to try to help".

"So you brought an entire village with you? Who are these nitwits?"

"They all signed up about a week ago."

"Yeah and you aren't suspicious? Don't you think some of these kids are here to give you a wedgie while your back is turned?"

Encyclopedia looked flustered. "What's a wedgie?"

Mr. Ramsey covered his face with his palm. "You're going to get murdered in junior high" he muttered. "Anyway, let's move on:

I began baking a cake for a very important event, the annual Summer picnic. My secret cake recipe calls for eggs. I went into the refrigerator, and pulled out some eggs. However, all the eggs were hard boiled! I can't use them! I want you to find out what incompetent staff member had sabotaged my eggs."

Encyclopedia was taking notes. "Ok, we'll get started on it right away. Is there anything else?"

Mr. Ramsey pulled Encyclopedia aside, away from the group. He told him, "Encyclopedia, I really think some of these in the group are here to hurt you. Keep your eyes open, ok?"

Encyclopedia nodded, and the entire team exited the bakery. They gathered around in a circle in the parking lot.

Encyclopedia asked the entire group, "gosh, guys, Mr. Ramsey seems to be worried about our group. Maybe we should talk it out?"
Day 1 begins now, and ends on July 12, 11pm CA time.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

ac1983fan (1): Lazurial
Amrun
Bertkerberos (1): Taskmaster
DrCirno (1): Lucky2u
fuzzybutternut (1): Twin Flames
Kerberos
Lazurial (1): fuzzybutternut
Lucky2u
mnemonicdevice (1): oriole
oriole (2): mnemonicdevice, Bertkerberos
Rank (1): ac1983fan
Taskmaster (1): Amrun
Twin Flames (1): DrCirno

Unvote: Kerberos, Rank

Deadline in (expired on 2013-07-12 22:00:00)

The team all began talking amongst themselves. Encyclopedia raised his hand. "Well, I'm going to let you guys continue to talk it out, but meanwhile, we're going to get started on this mystery".

Encyclopedia began brainstorming. Maybe there was sign of a forced entry? Maybe someone had snuck in? The team went to the back door.

The back door didn't look like anything was wrong with it. It was a standard food-service restaurant gate. It had a screen to let air out the back, to prevent heat from building up inside, as well as the main door. Nothing seemed to be tampered with.

"Hmmm, no signs of forced entry. It likely was an inside job. Next time we meet, we're going to talk to the staff of this place."
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
fuzzybutternut (2): Twin Flames, DrCirno
Kerberos :
Lazurial :
Lucky2u (2): Kerberos, fuzzybutternut
mnemonicdevice
oriole (2): mnemonicdevice, Bertkerberos
Rank (1): ac1983fan, oriole
Twin Flames :

Unvote: Rank

Encyclopedia went in through the back door, and went into the office where Mr. Ramsey worked. There he found a list of his employees. It turns out he had several assistant chefs who worked at the bakery.

"I bet we can get some answers if we ask each one of these people about there whereabouts. Maybe we can catch someone in a lie!"
Last edited by uctriton00 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
fuzzybutternut (3): Twin Flames, DrCirno, Bertkerberos
Kerberos :
Lazurial :
Lucky2u (2): Kerberos, oriole
mnemonicdevice
oriole (1): mnemonicdevice
Rank (1): ac1983fan
Twin Flames :

Unvote: Rank, fuzzybutternut

The first employee was Chef Green.

Encyclopedia asked "Mr. Green, may we ask you a few questions?"

Chef Green put down his phallic stirrer. "Of course you can, my boy. My, what a team you have here."

Encyclopedia grinned. "The more the merrier! Anyway, did you hear what happened to Mr. Ramsey's cake?"

"Why yes I did, that's unfortunate" Chef Green replied. "Someone had hard boiled all the eggs already."

"Yes, that's what happened. So Chef Green, where were you yesterday morning, around 8am?"

Chef Green responded "I was at home, naturally. I was watching television. I always watch television before I come in to work."

Encyclopedia jotted down notes. "Ok, that makes perfect sense. What time did you get to the bakery?"

"Oh, a few minutes after 10am. I was running a little late."

"What were you running late for?" asked Encyclopedia.

"I had forgotten my chef's hat at home, so I ran back to get it, and that caused me to come a little later than normal. Usually I'm here at 10am on the dot."

Encyclopedia closed his notebook. "Thanks for your cooperation, Mr. Green!"
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
Bertkerberos (3): ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice, Lucky2u
DrCirno:
Kerberos :
Lazurial :
Lucky2u (5): Kerberos, oriole, Bertkerberos, DrCirno, Taskmaster
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Twin Flames :

Unvote: Rank, fuzzybutternut

The second employee was Mr. Blue.

Encyclopedia couldn't get over Mr. Blue's resemblance to Mr. Green. Both of them even had the same phallic cooking tool. Nevertheless, Encyclopedia asked "Mr. Blue, may we ask you a few questions?"

Chef Blue smiled, "Yes, what can I help you with?"

"Where were you yesterday morning when the incident happened, Chef Blue?".

Chef Blue said, "I was here at work. I came in early."

Encyclopedia said, "Do you always come in early?"

"I try my best to. We have some regulars, and I don't want them coming in to a disorganized store."

"What time did you come in?"

"About 7am"

Encyclopedia jotted down notes in his notebook. "Got it, thanks!".
Last edited by uctriton00 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:37 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
Bertkerberos (3): ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice, Lucky2u
DrCirno:
Kerberos :
Lazurial :
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Taskmaster (2): Amrun, Rank
Twin Flames :

Unvote: fuzzybutternut

The third employee was Mr. White.

Yet again, it was an uncanny resemblence Mr. White had to both Mr. Blue and Mr. Green. Encyclopedia asked "Mr. White, may we ask you a few questions?"

Chef White asked, "I'm busy, can it wait?"

"Well this will only be a minute" Encyclopedia said.

"I have to get these cookies ready. Hand me that bag of flour, will you?"

Encyclopedia handed him a bag of flour from the shelf. Chef White took it and added it to his mixing bowl.

"Sir I just want to know where you were at the time of the incident yesterday morning."

"I wasn't here, I had the day off. Now I'm trying to catch up. Please I'll answer whatever you want but I need to finish these cookies."

Encyclopedia and his team were shooed out of the kitchen.

The team gathered around the front of the store. It was now 12pm. "Ok team, those are all the alibis we have. Are we missing anything?"
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:32 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
Bertkerberos (2): ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice
DrCirno:
Kerberos (1): fuzzybutternut
Lazurial :
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Twin Flames :

Unvote: Lucky2u

Encyclopedia said "how about we check the scene of the crime?"

The team left Chef White to his business, and headed to the large industrial refrigerator. It was a fancy appliance: about 10 feet tall, stainless steel doors, and they opened up wide for easy loading and unloading. To the right of it were several racks of material, such as flour, meal, and other things you'd find in a bakery. To the left were two ovens, stacked on top of each other.

The floor was a linoleum tile, meant so nobody would slip in case a spill happened.

Behind them, on a large center island, were four large burners, all under a large stainless steel hood.

Under the burners were a garbage disposal and a storage area.

A large counterspace was on the left side of the island (where Chef White was working), and a large sink was on the right side of the island.

A closet marked cleaning supplies was on the left wall, and a restroom was on the right wall, next to the back door exit they previously found. To the front was the opening of the wall where the counter was, which faced the front of the store.

Encyclopedia took a look around. "Hmmm, where do we even start?"
Last edited by uctriton00 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Amrun :
DrCirno:
Lazurial :
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Twin Flames :

Encyclopedia took one of those tiny American flags on a toothpick and began waving it around. Happy 4th of July!
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun (1): Taskmaster
DrCirno:
Lazurial :
Lucky2u (4): Kerberos, oriole, Bertkerberos, DrCirno
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Taskmaster (3): Amrun, Rank, Lazurial
Twin Flames:

Encyclopedia rallied his team. "Ok everyone, holiday is over, back to work. Let's start investigating".

The first place they looked at was the refrigerator.

Inside the refrigerator, were the basics. There was a box of baking soda. There were some mixes and puddings. There were milks and juices. There were bottles of vanilla, vinegar, and anything else you could imagine. It was a very well stocked refrigerator.

Also inside were the carton of eggs. Taking out his magnifying glass, Encyclopedia inspected the carton, and took out his fingerprint kit to take fingerprint samples.

Encyclopedia took the eggs out and held up each one. They looked perfectly normal. He took one and spun it on the counter.

"These eggs are definitely..."

Encyclopedia put on a pair of sunglasses.

"hard boiled."
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:32 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos (1): mnemonicdevice
DrCirno:
Lazurial :
Lucky2u (3): Kerberos, oriole, Bertkerberos
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Taskmaster (5): Amrun, Rank, Lazurial, ac1983fan, DrCirno
Twin Flames:

The next place they looked was the shelves.

Encyclopedia began rummaging through the ingredients. There was a sack of flour again. There was a bag of cornmeal. There were a delicious looking jar of walnuts. A jar of brown sugar, and a jar of white sugar sat next to each other. There's also a bottle of vegetable oil, and a bottle of olive oil.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this, if anything" Encyclopedia said to himself. "Everything looks normal".

"Maybe we should keep looking."
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 am

Post by uctriton00 »

And I just started a pile of laundry too
Hold your business
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
7 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos (1): mnemonicdevice
DrCirno:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
Lucky2u (2): Kerberos, oriole
mnemonicdevice (1): fuzzybutternut
oriole:
Taskmaster (7): Amrun, Rank, Lazurial, ac1983fan, DrCirno. Lucky2u, Bertkerberos
Twin Flames:

Unvote:
Encyclopedia took a step back and decided to look for more clues. "Hey can someone hand me a kit?"

Nobody in the team said anything.

"Where is Taskmaster?"

Encyclopedia scanned the room. Taskmaster was nowhere to be seen.

Encyclopedia ran out the back door, and looked in the alley. He wasn't there either.

"TASKMASTER! WHERE ARE YOU???" yelled Encyclopedia at the top of his lungs. He ran down the street, looking left and right. Nobody was on the sidewalks. Nobody was up the street. There were no cars around.

Encyclopedia came back to the restaurant, and went up to Chef Ramsey.

"Encyclopedia, what's wrong?" he asked.

"I don't know where one of my team members went." Encyclopedia had a frown plastered on his face.

Chef Ramsey looked down at Encyclopedia. “I found this. At the front of the store.”

It was an index card, in Encyclopedia’s own handwriting.

Taskmaster, the Hider, has gone missing on Day 1.

The sun began to set through the glass windows of the bakery. It was time to go home for the day.

Night 1 has begun. Night 1 will end in (expired on 2013-07-09 09:00:00)

Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Encyclopedia laid in his bed at night, thinking about Taskmaster. He lost a team member in broad daylight, how could someone just go missing like that? Encyclopedia rolled over in his bed.

The sun rose on a new day, the second day of this investigation. Encyclopedia was determined to find out where Taskmaster went. The only way to solve it, would be to solve the crime. Encyclopedia had a bowl of cereal, the whole grain type, to help fuel his fiber. He walked out the door and took in a deep breath of fresh air. "We're going to make progress today, I can feel it. We'll find you, Taskmaster."

Encyclopedia walked down the street, agreeing to meet the rest of his team at the bakery. He had a confident step in his walk, believing this would be a good day. There was a smile on his face, and determination in his heart.

He began waving at the group at the corner as he approached. However, nobody waved back. They were all gathered around the light pole.

Encyclopedia pushed his way through. "What's wrong? Why are you guys so quiet?"

He looked at what was posted on the pole.

"Who the hell is that?" Encyclopedia asked. He peered closer at the sign.

There were two names.
Lucky2u, a vanilla townie, has gone missing.
Twin Flames, a vanilla townie, has gone missing.

"No, my token colored folk!"

The joy and confidence had disappeared from Encyclopedia's face. It turned to rage.

He slammed his notebook on the ground.

"We are going to SOLVE THIS CASE and FIND OUR MISSING FRIENDS."

"Let's do some hardcore mystery solving, NOW."

Everyone ran into the bakery.

Day 2 begins now
, and ends on July 22, 9am CA time, or in (expired on 2013-07-22 09:00:00)
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:26 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:

Unvote:

Day 2 ends on July 22 at 9am CA time, or in (expired on 2013-07-22 09:00:00)
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice (2): oriole, fuzzybutternut
oriole:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, DrCirno, Kerberos, Lazurial, mnemonicdevice, Rank

Encyclopedia began inspecting the floor.

"Finally, a clue". Encyclopedia was determined to find clues.

"It's a shoeprint by the back door".

In plain view was a white shoe print on the dark colored floor of the bakery. Encyclopedia snapped a picture of it.

Chef Ramsey came in. "What did you find?"

Encyclopedia told him he found a shoe print. "So what, people walk in this kitchen all the time."

"Yes" Encyclopedia said, "but this is white, not a standard black scuff mark shoe print tracking dirt."

Chef Ramsey, "very good, Encyclopedia. Maybe we can use it."
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice (2): oriole, fuzzybutternut
oriole (1): Kerberos
Rank (1): Amrun

Unvote: ac1983fan, Bertkerberos, DrCirno, Lazurial, mnemonicdevice, Rank

Encyclopedia was pumped that he found his first clue. The next place he inspected was the burner.

"This is where the crime took place. This is likely where the eggs were boiled on." Encyclopedia looked around. "There must be a pot somewhere."

All Encyclopedia found were pans. Just pans.

"Wait how can you boil an egg in a pan? This doesn't make sense."

"There has to be a pot somewhere. That's likely a key piece of evidence."

Encyclopedia didn't have his entire team with him. "Um, how come we're all not here?"

He went to the front of the store to see where they were.

mnemonicdevice, Rank, and Lazurial
were all eating donuts.

"DUDE, GET BACK TO WORK!" he prodded of them.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun (1): Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice (1): Amrun
Rank (2): oriole, fuzzybutternut

Unvote: ac1983fan, DrCirno, Lazurial, mnemonicdevice, Rank

The dishwasher.

Encyclopedia walked over. He lowered the door of the diswasher, and looked inside.

"Call me kettle, because...."

Encyclopedia pulled out his sunglasses again.

".... I see a black pot."

His teammates groaned.

"Come on, that was smooth, admit it" grinned Encyclopedia.

"I found a thumbprint. Let's add it to the clues."

Last edited by uctriton00 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
Kerberos (1): Lazurial
mnemonicdevice (1): Amrun
Rank (1): oriole

Unvote: ac1983fan, DrCirno, mnemonicdevice, Rank

Encyclopedia looked around. He needed the next place to explore.

"That closet, that's where the cleaning supplies are."

"It's worth a shot."

Encyclopedia walked up to the door. It was an unconspicuous door in the kitchen. Chef Ramsey had told them it was where the cleaning supplies were kept.

On the front of the door was a piece of gray duct tape that said "1Q".

"This looks weird" Encyclopedia thought.

Encyclopedia carefully opened the door and took a peek inside.

DrCirno
was inside the closet.

"What are you doing in here?" he asked her.

"Waiting for Chinese food?" she said.

Encyclopedia kicked her out of the closet and prodded her back to work.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos:
DrCirno:
fuzzybutternut:
mnemonicdevice:
Rank (2): oriole, Amrun

Unvote: ac1983fan, DrCirno, mnemonicdevice, Rank

DrCirno
left, taking a box of powdered donuts with her. It left a trail of dust out the door as she left.

"Well, I need to replace her now" Encyclopedia said to his team.

"I'll go online and see if I can find anyone available to help. There should be lots of kid detectives out there who are willing to join my investigation. Meanwhile, you guys continue your investigations, and I'll be back soon."

Encyclopedia headed over to the local library, and hopped on their computer. He hummed as the modem made its trademark beep-boop-whirr sounds as it logged onto Prodigy.

"Let's see, where can I find some people my age to help me? Let's try these teen chat rooms."

Encyclopedia clicked on a room and started typing.

"12/m looking for partner"
"Must enjoy mysteries"
"Have 9 of my other kid friends with me too"
"Message me, it's fun!"

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos:
fuzzybutternut:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice, Rank, Rural Juror

Day 2 ends on July 24 at 9am CA time, or in (expired on 2013-07-24 09:00:00)
Encyclopedia left the police station. The sergeant patted him on the shoulder. "Son, you were lucky. None of those men who lined up at your door were able to harm you. Be smarter next time you're on the Internet." Encyclopedia nodded. "Yes sir, sorry about that."

Encyclopedia went back home to his garage to grab a bite to eat. Someone was waiting for him. "Oh no, another Pedobear?"

It was
Rural Juror
, who was here to answer the ad.

"Well, lets not waste time, lets get to investigating!"

I originally wanted to only take two weeks for finding clues, but I'll give us an
extra 48 hours
to catch up.

Encyclopedia and Rural Juror headed over to the bakery to join the others.

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

At comic con in San Diego, will check up on the thread later for the prod stick

Wooo
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Bertkerberos:
fuzzybutternut (1): Rural Juror
Kerberos (2): Lazurial, fuzzybutternut
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice, Rank

Encyclopedia started walking out the door. His team looked at him strangely, confused as to why he was walking out the door.

"I'm going to be in a convention for nerds."

His teammates stared at him blankly.

"The Comic Con. You know, the big one in San Diego."

Everyone in the room shrugged.

"I'll be back in two days. Meanwhile, you guys can continue on your investigation. When I can, I'll log onto Prodigy and check in on your investigation from time to time."

"Oh, and by the way...".

Encyclopedia reached for a pie off the shelf. It had a whipped cream topping.

He chucked it at
ac1983fan's
face.

"You haven't done anything for more than 4 days" he scolded.

Encyclopedia put on his trademark sunglasses, got into his car, and drove off.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos (2): fuzzybutternut, ac1983fan
fuzzybutternut (1): Rural Juror
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rank (3): oriole, Amrun, Bertkerberos
Rural Juror:

Unvote: mnemonicdevice, Rank

Encyclopedia stumbled into the bakery. He made a beeline towards the coffee and reached for a donut. His teammates tried to stop him.

"What, I can't have a donut? If I want a donut I'll damn well have a don--". Encyclopedia stopped mid-bite.

The donut.

It was a jelly, the worst flavor of all.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" yelled Encyclopedia.

Last edited by uctriton00 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:34 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos (2): fuzzybutternut, ac1983fan
fuzzybutternut (2): Rural Juror, Rank
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rank (3): oriole, Amrun, Bertkerberos
Rural Juror:

Unvote: mnemonicdevice

Encyclopedia went to the large sink.

"The criminal would have had to fill the pot with water in order to start the boil."

"I think what we do here is pretty easy. We take a set of fingerprints on the sink."

Encyclopedia took out his kit, measured some fingerprints, and put them away for inspection later.

"Ok, I think we've searched all the rooms we could. We'll hang around the bakery for no more than 24 hours before we go home."
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos (3): fuzzybutternut, ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice
fuzzybutternut (3): Rural Juror, Rank, Bertkerberos
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote:

Encyclopedia began packing up his clues in his bag. He wandered around the bakery a second time.

"Someone's been missing from action again."

Kerberos
was napping in the same closet Dr. Cirno was napping in earlier.

Encyclopedia prodded her with a broom.

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
6 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos (3): fuzzybutternut, ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice
fuzzybutternut (2): Rural Juror, Rank
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
Rank (4): oriole, Kerberos, Amrun, Bertkerberos
Rural Juror:

Unvote:

"All packed up for the day" Encyclopedia said as he loaded his things into the car.

Encyclopedia did one last look at the bakery. His teammates were all still standing around in the front of the store, next to the breads.

"So what are you guys thinking?"
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:05 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos (3): ac1983fan, mnemonicdevice, Rank
fuzzybutternut:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
oriole:
----> Rank (6): oriole, Kerberos, Amrun, Bertkerberos, fuzzybutternut, Rural Juror

Rural Juror:

Unvote:
Encyclopedia closed up the trunk. "So meet again tomorrow guys?"

One of the teammates spoke up. It was Rank.

"Hey Encyclopedia" Rank said.

"Yes? Is something wrong?" Encyclopedia asked.

"Why do you have a car?"

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you like 12 or something? How can you drive?"

Encyclopedia stared for a bit. "Oh, wow, I thought the mod was just making an error in flavor".

Rank thought for a bit. "Well if he makes an error in flavor, he usually edits out the post."

Encyclopedia shrugged it off. "I don't think there's anything to worry about." He reached for the car door and pulled on the handle.

Beep, beep, beep.

That's when Rank noticed something was wrong. Rank lunged forward and shoved Encyclopedia out of the way.

The car went up in flames from the explosion, creating an inferno in the parking lot. Everyone was knocked back a few feet as they landed on the pavement.

Encyclopedia laid face down, covering the back of his head with his arms. He crawled forward, trying to get to safety. Smoke started to overcome him, and he passed out.

His eyes opened. A plastic mask covered his mouth, feeding him oxygen. He was in the back of an ambulance.

He jumped out the back door and looked around. Firetrucks were putting out the embers of the smoldering vehicle.

His teammates were all standing around him, covered in blankets, receiving medical treatment from paramedics.

"What, what happened?"

Chef Ramsey came up to Encyclopedia. "Boy, are you alright?"

"Yes sir, what happened?"

"I called 911 when I heard the explosion."

"Is anyone hurt?"

"Yes, but everyone is ok."

"What about Rank? Rank saved me."

"Encyclopedia, that's the thing."

"What, what is the thing?"

"We couldn't find Rank. Anywhere."

"What?"

"We looked around and he's gone. He's not here. Firemen came and picked up everyone around they could find, but nobody found Rank."

Encyclopedia closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Bastards" he said to himself.

Rank, a vanilla townie, has gone missing on Day 2
It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end in 48 hours, on July 26, 12pm local CA time.

Special note
: Moderator will have VLA on July 26. All night actions are still due at 12pm and any sent after that will not count. However, the Day 3 flavor post and unlocking may not occur until later that afternoon or possibly on Saturday. Day 3 will still be two weeks long and will begin when the unlocking occurs. Thank you for your patience.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 am

Post by uctriton00 »

The sun poked through the windows of the hospital room. Noise could be heard from the hustle and bustle of the hallways. Encyclopedia remembered he was kept here overnight to treat his injuries. He sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes.

The nurse walked in. "How's our little slugger?" she asked.

"Doing fine, ma'am. Thank you for taking care of me. I have to get back to my friends though. We're on an important case to solve."

The nurse chuckled. "Oh you silly kids. Well, here's some breakfast, then you can be on your way afterward. Your parents will be here to pick you up soon." The nurse left a tray of cereal milk and some fruit by his bedside, as she left the room.

"Thank you" he said. He reached for the milk carton.

Two faces. Again.
fuzzybutternut, a vanilla townie, has gone missing.
oriole, the Detective, has gone missing.

Encyclopedia dropped the carton. It hit the ground, and milk spilled all over the floor.

He began to cry.

The nurse passed by and poked her head in. "I see what you did there" she said.

Day 3 begins now, and ends on August 9, 12pm CA time, or in (expired on 2013-08-09 12:00:00)

Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote:

Day 3 ends on August 9 at 12pm CA time, or in (expired on 2013-08-09 12:00:00)
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:56 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, Lazurial, mnemonicdevice, Rural Juror

Encyclopedia gathered everyone in his garage. His 7 teammates all stood around quietly, somber from the weekend's events.

"A lot has happened, but we're not going to give up hope, we're going to solve this mystery" he said reassuringly.

"We have evidence that we collected. We can work from this."

Encyclopedia opened up his folding table and set up in the middle of the garage. He organized evidence he collected. First was a shoe print, that had white dust covering it. Second was a black pot, which is likely the murder weapon for Chef Ramsey's eggs. And lastly, the fingerprints from the scene. We have fingerprints from the egg carton in the refrigerator, the sink where I think he filled the pot with water, and the pot itself.

"Also, we have three stories for the crime."

Chef Green came in late because he forgot his hat at home.
Chef Blue was here early cleaning up.
Chef White says he wasn't here that day.

"Let's go solve this mystery and maybe find where our friends went!" Encyclopedia said.

They all headed over to the bakery.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:45 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, Lazurial, mnemonicdevice, Rural Juror

The team stood in the kitchen.

"Let's put together a theory. Whoever came in, did it when nobody was watching. There were no witnesses. Chef Ramsey would have chewed them out for it otherwise."

"Person comes in, grabs a black pot, fills it with water, puts the eggs in it, and boils it, then puts the eggs back."

"Person leaves without being noticed."

The team all nodded in agreement.

"Alright, so who would be here without being noticed?"

Encyclopedia began thinking.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
Lazurial:
mnemonicdevice:
Rural Juror:

Theories were being thrown out, but Encyclopedia nor his team could decide on a course of action yet.

One of his teammates began freaking out. It was
mnemonicdevice

"Hey mnemonic, what are you doing?" he asked him.

"I can't...." he stuttered as he began to twitch. "It's just, all so, hard to grasp."

Encyclopedia stared at him puzzlingly. "What's hard to grasp?"

"You know, why we're here. I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"This is all just so hard. I don't know what's going on." mnemonicdevice eyes began getting bigger.

"You're not making any sense."

Chef Ramsey stepped into the kitchen. "Encyclopedia, do any of you know what happened to those brownies I left out? Those are for grown ups only."

mnemonicdevice ran out the door, leaving a trail of crumbs.

"I think we'll get a replacement. Be right back, guys." Encyclopedia headed back to the library to look for another team member.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, kunkstar7, Lazurial, Rural Juror

Encyclopedia came in, with a new kid.

"Say hi to
kunkstar7
everyone!"

kunkstar7 nervously looked around the room. Everyone seemed like they knew each other already. He tightened his grip on his brown lunch bag.

The other kids stared at him, not knowing what to make of the new kid.

"Hey nerd, what's in the bag?" yelled someone. "You still get lunches packed for you?"

kunkstar7 looked at them. "No, I told your mom to make it for me after we finished this morning."

The bakery turned into a chorus of "ohhhhhh"s and "shiiiiiit"s.

kunkstar7 took a spot amongst the group.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial:
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, kunkstar7, Lazurial, Rural Juror

"Let's start with these alibis."

Encyclopedia approached Chef Ramsey in his office.

"What is it you want, boy?"

"Sir can we have Chef Green's address?"

"What reason do you have?"

"We should check out his alibi, to see if he really wasn't here that morning. I want to investigate his house for clues."

Chef Ramsey thought for a while. "Well, I'm going to trust you know what you're doing." He handed him a slip of paper with an address on it.

"Hey, this place isn't too far, let's go, guys!" The team all left the bakery together, and headed to Chef Green's residence.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial (1): kunkstar7
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, Lazurial, Rural Juror

Mr. Green lived in an apartment complex. Luckily, the complex didn't have a gated entrance to it. Encyclopedia went up to the door of the unit.

"It's locked". Well of course it's locked, Encyclopedia thought. His teammates all sighed.

"We'll need a way in. Quick, everyone look around."

The front door was a regular door, with a deadbolt and a single latch. There were keyholes to both locks.

The unit was on the first floor, and had a balcony out back with a short wall. Behind the wall was the patio door, a heavy sliding glass one, with a standard screen door covering it. Next to it was a laundry room and storage unit, which looked like where Chef Green stored his tools.

"We can do this, let's just see what we can figure out."
Last edited by uctriton00 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial (1): kunkstar7
Rural Juror:

Unvote: ac1983fan, Amrun, Bertkerberos, Kerberos, Lazurial, Rural Juror

Encyclopedia looked inside the laundry room.

There were some hangers, which were on a bar hanging above the washing machine. There was some basic cleaning supplies such as window cleaner, baking soda, and bleach. There was also a tool kit with screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, snips, and some screws and nails.

The washing machine was a basic machine, a basic Maytag style one, not the high efficiency front loading kinds. Also there was a matching dryer, a gas model Maytag.

The adjacent patio door was a sliding door, and was covered by a screen door, which was locked.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:44 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Current Vote Count:
4 to lynch

ac1983fan:
Amrun:
Bertkerberos:
Kerberos:
kunkstar7:
Lazurial (4): kunkstar7, Amrun, ac1983fan, Bertkerberos
Rural Juror:

Unvote: Kerberos, Lazurial, Rural Juror

"I can break us in" Lazurial said.

He took two wire hangers and snipped them into two smaller pieces. He took the pair of pliers and bent them into shape. He now had a lockpicking set.

Encyclopedia watched in amazement as Lazurial got the front door to the apartment open. Everyone followed inside.

The small unit had a very basic living room. A couch, coffee table, and TV. There was a small dining table next to the adjacent kitchen. There was a door to the bedroom window.

Encyclopedia approached the bedroom door. He held his breath as he turned the knob, and exhaled when he saw what was inside...

"Nobody is in here" he said.

"The guys, there's no sign of them. I think we're in the wrong place." Encyclopedia hung his head down.

A noise came from the living room. Someone had come in through the front door.

"Who are you?" the cop said.

"I'm Encyclopedia Brown".

"Do you live here?"

"No."

"How did you get in?"

The cop saw Lazurial, who still had his lockpicks in his hand.

Lazurial immediately dropped the picks and ran past the cop. He made a dash across the hallway, and into the open courtyard.

The cop drew his gun and pointed it at Lazurial. "Stop right there!" he yelled.

Lazurial kept on running. He didn't want to be caught. Tears began to flow from his eyes as he ran as fast as he could, away from the cop. This isn't how he wanted his game to end. There wasn't time to explain, his brain, his gut, the only feeling he knew was flight.

The sound from the gunshot echoed throughout the entire complex. The bullet whizzed through the air in a split second.

Lazurial's body fell forward with a giant thud on the pavement. Encyclopedia's cries rang through the hallways, as he made a beeline to his teammate.

"LAZ!!!!" he yelled. "LAZ!!!!"

Encyclopedia stood over Lazurial's body. "Laz, buddy, are you ok?" he asked. He cradled Lazurial's head as he knelt down beside him. "Laz, I need you to hang on. Laz, just, just hold on, we'll get this fixed."

The cop ran to his car to radio for an ambulance. Encyclopedia's team rushed over to join him, to check on Laz.

"It's not...." Laz spitted out with his dying breath.

"I'm.... I'm one of... I'm sorry."

Tears poured from Encyclopedia's eyes. "Laz? What are you trying to say?"

"I'm.... town....".
Lazurial, a vanilla townie, died on Day 3 in Encyclopedia's arms.

Encyclopedia looked up at his team. "No, no we can save him, everyone pick him up, it's ok, it's...." His emotions were overcoming him.

Someone spoke up. It was Rural Juror.

"This is all your faults! You guys did this!!!" Rural was now brandishing a vigilante pistol.

"RURAL WHAT IS THAT???" Encyclopedia yelled.

"I'm going to avenge everyone, avenge everyone for this rotten game!" Rural aimed his gun at the rest of the team.

Encyclopedia was still holding onto Lazurial, but was frozen in terror at the thought of one of his own teammates packing heat. "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HOLDING THAT?"

"The entire game, and I'm going to waste one of you right now because I think we're not all on the same team here!"

He pointed the gun at ac1983fan. "I'm going to waste you first, you son of a bitch, I bet it was you!" Without hesitation, Rural Juror pulled the trigger.

Nothing. A single click, and nothing.

Rural Juror stared at his gun. "What in the hell". Encyclopedia looked on in confusion.

"Looking for this?" came a voice from behind.

It was Bertkerberos, holding the pistol magazine.

Rural stood there in shock. He began holding the empty gun out menacingly. Unfortunately, that was enough for the cop to come by. "PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR OR I'LL SHOOT" he yelled. Rural obeyed, dropped his gun, and was handcuffed. The cop took him over to the hood of his car and began arresting him in connection with the disappearances.

Encyclopedia, still holding Lazurial, yelled, "Amrun, I can trust you, do something!... Amrun?"

Amrun didn't respond. She couldn't respond.

Her mouth was duct taped shut. She was on the ground wiggling, trying to get a word out of her muffled mouth. Kerberos stood next to her, holding an emptied out cardboard roll of tape. She tossed it in Encyclopedia's direction.

"Help me....." a voice came out.

kunkstar7 was inside the unit still.

Hanging from the coat rack.

From an atomic wedgie.

ac1983fan, Bertkerberos, and Kerberos whistled for a cab. They all piled in and sped off.

Rank looked at the cell across from him. "You think they'll find us?"

Lucky2u looked down. "I'm hungry" he moaned.

"Shut up" fuzzy said. "Just try not to think about it. Do what Taskmaster did."

Taskmaster had fallen asleep cozily in his cell from boredom. He'd been in there for a long time.

Twin Flames was doodling on the ground. "Well hopefully everyone else in the game is having fun."

"Screw that, I had this game solved" oriole said from his cell. "I could have helped us win."

A voice came from the shadows. "The whole lot of you, keep it quiet. You want food, here's food."

The figure dropped a gift off at each cell.

A bowl of hard boiled eggs.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Game Actions:

Taskmaster lynched on Day 1
ac1983fan kills Twin Flames on Night 1 = successful
DrCirno chooses Vigilante on Night 1
DrCirno vigilantes Lucky2u on Night 1 = successful
oriole investigates Lazurial on Night 1 = "not killed" result

Rank lynched on Day 2
Bertkerberos kills oriole on Night 2 = successful
Rural Juror vigilantes fuzzybutternut on Night 2 = successful
oriole investigates ac1983fan on Night 2 = not applicable (orioled is killed)

Lazurial lynched on Day 3
uctriton00 stuck at various airports for work the entire day = successful
Flavor written = successful
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Post Game Chat and Q&A

Mod chooses to reveal the QTs
Quicktopics: Dead = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TXGE5TinGgS9a
Quicktopics: Scum = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Ev48ykv4MR6

My gripe with how they do the postgame Q&A on Survivor is that they don't talk to some of the contestants. But unlike Jeff Probst, here I'll make time for everyone! Feel free to participate, not participate if you like.

Taskmaster
(notscience and Dr Pepper), so you died on Day 1, and you drew the hider. I think if you were quickhammered by Bert, you would have put out a claim and shown your bread crumb, which was a pretty solid one (even though I personally didn't see it, I wouldn't have questioned it after you wrote it out). Who would you have chosen to hide behind?

Lucky2u and Twin Flames
(Rach and Nobody Special), you both died for different reasons on Night 1. Lucky, you were the vigilante target by DrCirno. She can share her logic if she wants (she has been invited back to the topic), but do you think you did anything particular in your gameplay to cause yourself to be vigged? And Twin Flames, is this just a common case of being "too townie"? That would have been my first guess.

Rank
, you died on Day 2. You came back from your V/LA just in time, but pretty much the wagon had been run up on you. Not sure if there's anything different you could have done. I think you were jumped on for low activity, which isn't always a good excuse to lynch someone IMO so maybe people can chime in.

fuzzybutternut and oriole
, again there was some dichotomy in why you died on Night 2. fuzzy, you were served up by the vig, Rural Juror this time. I have no insight on why you were served up. Oriole though, you were pretty strong town and I don't think there was anyone who would have served you up as a lynch candidate through the day. As you saw, you would have gotten that guilty result on ac1983fan had you lived. If you did live, I'm wondering how the counterclaiming would have gone against you (assuming you'd out your role in the Day 3 lylo).

Lazurial
, your reads were developing pretty well. I think you had the ac1983 change in tone as an excellent read. Unfortunately there wasn't much you could do as you were turned into a deadline kill due to general inactivity from the rest of the field, so you were rather easily served up as a mislynch.

Amrun
, the strong town read along with Oriole, and an excellent read on kunkstar7 as also town. I think had the game continued to progress, you could have been easily the next one up to go at night.

kunkstar7
, you were in the game for what, a few minutes, but you did extremely well in your slot. I think you turned that slot from a null lurk slot to a strong protown slot. Together with Amrun you were going to be a strong town block that scum couldn't take out.

Rural Juror
, an unlucky shot, but what's weird is that DrCirno probably would have shot fuzzy too. And in the QT you'd notice Nacho had pegged your slot as the vig, AND pegged your choice for a target too. Again, assuming we went into Night 3, who would you have shot?

ac1983fan
, I think you already summed it up and coasted by while a lot of other people in the town began fighting each other. Laz did pick up on your change in action though, and you were offering yourself up (or Nacho made you offer yourself up) as the lynch.

Bertkerberos
(Bert, Nacho, Syry) oh my, how you survived that lynch on Day 1 is astounding. Did you honestly make a mistake? And were you surprised the wagon to your death wasn't run up on you on Day 2? And Nacho, that was amazing how you were able to pin the vigilante. I don't think any of us have yet figured out how you read that.

Kerberos
(Mara, Mollie, Mala), like Jan Brady, you fell in the middle and actually I think were pretty safe if Bert had gotten himself lynched. A lot of people in the topic said, "either/or" for you and Bert. Also lol @ post 766, when you had ac1983 online, and you were hoping Bert was on for a mislynch.
Last edited by uctriton00 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:14 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 786, Nachomamma8 wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5207790

nommed for best flavor, i enjoyed the shit out of it
Thanks!

The day flavors had already been preplanned in my head, but the night flavors all depended on if it was a townie or a mafia being lynched. This here was akin to a "bad ending".

Had the game ended with a town win, you would find out who the perp was and stopped them. Had it ended in a 3P LYLO mislynch, you'd find out who the perpetrator was, but you'd die in the process.

Return to “Completed Open Games”