Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

VOTE: Sakura Hana.

MTD looks kind of town so far.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 am

I'm reading Dragon Alliance as town. When he called Sakura a mislynch wagon, I don't think that's something scum would be saying about their buddy, or something they would say about a townie being put under pressure.

I'm conflicted on Hoopla right now.

I have a gut scumread on Aisa.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Aisa.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

In post 101, Profont wrote:Why? What gave you a townread on him based on three contentless posts?
He was self-deprecating in a way that didn't seem like staying under the radar/making us underestimate him, but being concerned about his helpfulness. Not a strong read by any means. So you're the kind of player who wants explanations for everything huh? That's such a pain.

@Albert: Glad to hear it. Town's really dodging a bullet here.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:43 am

In post 104, Shockwave Rider wrote: I don't have much new to add, I am currently reading Rott and Aisa as town and am still content with my DA votae.
Why a townread on Aisa?
Hoopla wrote:why are you conflicted?
I don't like your early jump on the Sakura wagon or your attacks on Dragon Alliance. Your later posting looked townish to me but looking through your iso I can't remember why at the moment.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Albert is probably town here. This is one of those games where I have a ton of town reads and not really any scum reads so far.

I'm kind of curious about what Rottweiler's doing here. Their posts don't seem to be oriented toward scumhunting. Might seem a little hypocritical coming from me, but there it is. Rottweiler, who are your scumreads?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:13 pm

In post 159, Rottweiler wrote:what makes you think that?

how do you feel about Sakura and Aisa?
I think Albert is town because I think as scum he would have taken advantage of the directionless state of the game to try and take the game over for towncred. I think he's uninspired town, but I don't see Albert as generally an uninspired scum player.

Aisa I have a gut scumread on, though I think MTD's point about her. I don't have any opinion about Sakura right now really.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:26 pm

UNVOTE: VOTE: notscience

This looks like fishing for towncred.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Also I don't like that Rottweiler hasn't responded to my question about their scumreads.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 am

In post 188, notscience wrote:Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it

But it does jack shit now
This is just it though. Your post looks like an attempt to gain towncred by "generating discussion" by doing something outside the box. With the way this game has been going I think that would be a good way for scum to fish for towncred. I notice you haven't drawn any conclusions from the reactions so far.

Sorry I haven't been on. I'll get in a reread and say more later today.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Well I reread the game and it didn't change a ton. I think my reasoning for thinking DA is town was wrong though. The rest of my town reads are the same. My top three are ns, Hoopla, and Rottweiler. There are players like IAAUN I don't really have anything to analyze from though.
In post 47, Rottweiler wrote: I don't like how it's repeating something that has already been said. It's like he was nervous about what to post so he resorted to repeating something.
Is this a strategy any scum has used ever?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:51 pm

In post 210, Dragon Alliance wrote:Explain how it was wrong please.
I think I responded to this but it got lost. My townread on you was based on thinking you were saying that you actually had a townread on Sakura. But actually you were just saying that you considered it a "mislynch wagon" because there was no reasoning behind it.

Unvote. Vote: Rottweiler.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:47 pm

In post 259, Sakura Hana wrote:Well since Wis considers me doing nothing a scumtell, im going to continue to do nothing and then when I flip town that'll stop being a scumtell so there.

Have fun~

o/
Pretty sure Sakura is town here.

ika's reads list was cringeworthy.

Rottweiler wagon looks super town right now.

Beast and Notscience should be voting someone. Beast why did you unvote you didn't give any explanation for it?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:56 pm

In post 344, beastcharizard wrote:VOTE: aisa

They are too quick to say someone is town. Like me for example. They then retracted it when they realized it was a bad reason. I think people can make mistakes but theirs was just odd, especially since I am pretty sure I explained why I called it a mislynch before they called me town.
Err didn't I do the same thing?
ika wrote:i need shockwave to answer myquestion on whats cringworthy about my reads. but a big nullish overall.
They're not on the same page as me at all. Why else would I call it cringeworthy? Is this a fluff question? Sakura and especially profont as scum. And Rottweiler and Hoopla as your top town reads left me confused.

Scum is too scared to talk about the Rottweiler wagon. Though unfortunately it's dying down now.

Albert you're certainly taking a unique approach to this game.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:53 am

I like iamausername's point about aisa voting for Sakura because she couldn't read her. That's not scumhunting. In a game this size there should be someone you think has a more than rando chance of being scum.

UNVOTE: VOTE: aisa.
We need a real wagon to form here so we don't get a clusterfuck lynch at deadline.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 am

Oh man Greymarble and MTD are not good options.

We need to get something through though and I slightly prefer Greymarble. MTD has looked town all game.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Greymarble.

Unfortunately we probably won't have time for claims.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:34 am

Oh wow Greymarble was Sakura. This really is atrocious.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MTD.

Is that L-1?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:57 pm

VOTE: Aisa

MTD's interactions with Beastcharizard suggest he's not scum. His interactions with Aisa slightly point to her being scum.

Rottweiler is still my second suspect.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:24 pm

In post 562, MTD wrote:Yep, it is.
If you didn't know, you're stupid, if you did, dito.
I've been wondering about this a bit. Does this mean scum was on the MTD wagon? I don't like to put much stock in what scum who are already dead say but that's what it looks like.

Also Albert is an even stronger townread now. He likes to recruit the traitor as scum.

I kind of forgot about notscience. That wagon is decent but Aisa is better.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #617 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 am

Also since scum decided to have notscience make the kill that probably means the other scum was more scummy than him, because they would be more likely to be tracked/roleblocked. I think that makes Profont and iamausername less likely to be scum.

Also I saw Aisa online earlier but she didn't post.

I think that's L-1?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 am

K

UNVOTE:
VOTE: notscience
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:13 pm

In post 623, notscience wrote:A+ bodyguard lynch there
Yeah that's why you're still alive bro. You were obviously roleblocked too.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 pm

In post 636, Rottweiler wrote:Aisa is clear (went nowhere)

VOTE: shockwave

~Wis
There could be ninja.

I do think though that scum chose one or maybe no modifications so Aisa may well be town. If so I think it's Hoopla.

VOTE: Hoopla

I don't have much I can say in my defense besides the MTD forgetting me in his readslist thing.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm VT.
In post 651, Rottweiler wrote:If there actually is a RB or a cop, they will have gotten more results by then (RB is basically a cop too with one scum left).
Remember there could be a strongman.
Shockwave Rider wrote:Shockwave, can you remember the composition process that generated your quote-screwup here?
I don't know what I'm doing but that happens to me a lot.

I suspect Hoopla somewhat through poe and somewhat through gut. I have townreads on Greyarble and Albert. Rottweiler obviously isn't scum at this point. Aisa we'll see how the claims go but the track is a point in her favor. IAAUN I think would have made the kill over notscience and sees fairly townie to me. Profont I don't know he just seems null.

Hoopla is scummy to me on a gut level. I didn't like the attacks on BC's slot(now flipped town) or the early naked vote on Sakura.

Not a strong case I know. But I'd be very surprised is someone other than Hoopla/Profont/Aisa. Which looks very convenient because I have suspects and if I was scum I'd need three mislynches but there is is.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #685 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Just waiting for the rest of the claims here before proceeding.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Actually having some doubts about Hoopla scum. I'm thinking is Hoopla the kind of person who wouldn't pick any modifications? I wouldn't tend to think so but I don't really know who would either.

So Aisa is confirmed town now I think?

I iso'ed Profont because they're the player I don't have much of a feel for. overall I think they're thought processes seem genuine. I like their approach to the Dragon Alliance wagon. It's similar to mine and I think is coming from a town place. I'm not reading them strongly town but I'd definitely still prefer a Hoopla lynch.

Greymarble makes an interesting point about IAAUN.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm

/In before Aisa claims a pr and makes all of this discussion moot.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:38 pm

I like that I'm town because I'm not a good player.

Albert even if Profont's post is scummy, what does just unvoting bring to the table here?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #753 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 am

Just going to wait to vote IAAUN until the replacement gets caught up I guess.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey.

VOTE: Hoopla.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #792 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Albert why is it that you think I'm scum? Is it just process of elimination?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #796 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:27 pm

In post 793, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yeah POE. It's not Hoopla or Bertkerberos. Maybe Profont, depending on if his attack on MTD looks like a bus or not; I'm still undecided.
MTD was traitor. Scum didn't know he was on their team....
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #814 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Bert is voting me twice apparently.

All's I know is it isn't albert. It's Profont or Hoopla. Don't think Hoopla's getting lynched today so
UNVOTE: VOTE: Profont.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:58 pm

In post 815, Profont wrote:..Because I've had periodic on-off moments about this game, and I accept that I'm probably going to be lynched, which is fine - don't want to survive to mylo with our slotslot alive, and I haven't done that much to make people seem to think I'm town.
This looks like bs. There's no reason to be fine with your lynch if your town. It just makes town more likely to lose. Heck I haven't done anything to make myself look like town, but I'm not okay with being lynched. I'm a survivalistic little shit.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #825 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:30 pm

In post 822, Profont wrote:What does everyone think of this? Who would be "scummier" than notscience?
Well I think notscience was one of the scummiest players after day 1. The other players who had been suspected became semi-cleared after MTD flipped scum. But I think notscience may have chosen to kill over Hoopla because several people suspected her and I think she's the kind of player likely to be tracked or roleblocked. Profont and IAAUN weren't suspected much and I don't think would be high priority track/roleblock targets either. That was my thinking. We know scum didn't choose any modifications so it wasn't a decision based on ns's partner being a rolecop and so not being able to or wanting to make the kill also. Wow that sentence became a real mess.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #833 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:40 pm

In post 831, Bertkerberos wrote:
Vote: SR
:cry:

I think it's Hoopla. Hopefully tomorrow I can read through again and give you more details.

UNVOTE:
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 am

No lynching really accomplished nothing with basically two confirmed town players in the game. It just makes it so that there won't be a confirmed town player in lylo/mylo.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #856 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Here are some things about Hoopla:
In post 24, Hoopla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: sakura
Naked votes are something that I see more often as scum and are something I'm more tempted to do when I'm scum. Not a huge tell but it is something.

Next I don't like the attack on Dragon Alliance. I feel that wagon was on low hanging fruit ad the kind of thing scum would flock to. Also after a week of the game had passed Hoopla basically hadn't given any reads on any players other than DA. It's true the game was very slow but it could be scum not actually curious about determining the alignment of others but just doing the minimum to look like they have a justified vote.
In post 843, Hoopla wrote:i've suddenly lost motivation for this game. don't know why, but i'm happy settling on my vote for profont. he needs to be one of the lynches either today or tomorrow, so lets just get it done.
I feel like if Hoopla is town, she should have more confidence that Hoopla is scum. She seems to think I'm not likely scum because of the setup choice thing. So who does she think the other scum is then Albert? She doesn't seem to have much confidence in Albert scum or reason to believe it. It's also not a very good read imo.

VOTE: Hoopla
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #863 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 am

=======[]
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #867 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:51 am

In post 864, Greymarble wrote:I can't remember why I'm not voting Shockwave. I looked it over and he should probably be the other wagon.
I really don't think omitting a scumbuddy is a convincingly unlikely event.
Okay you don't think that makes me town but why am I actually scum?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #871 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:50 am

In post 869, Profont wrote:What are we going to do? Have Greymarble and ABR been thoroughly cleared by behavioral PoE?
There's no way in the world Greymarble is scum. Albert is possible but too unlikely to really consider.

You guys owe me a Hoopla lynch if you end up lynching me.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #883 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey Greymarble I appreciate the effort but what do you think the odds are that Profont actually gets lynched today?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #903 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm

In a world full of waffling and stalling, one man has the guts to stand up and do what has to be done. Coming this Spring, Shockwave Rider stars in "The Hammer."

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Profont.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #910 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 am

Answer for what? I didn't even want to lynch Profont.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:55 pm

In post 911, Hoopla wrote:that's a pretty convenient defense.
The hell is this?

VOTE: Hoopla. You played a good game. Don't know that I have much more to say. How awkward it was when you were explaining why you were voting for me was pretty hilarious though.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #936 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:32 am

Albert I'd love to talk you out of your read but I need to know why your instincts point to me.

Really the best point I have against Hoopla is how unconfident she was with her Profont vote yesterday when he should have been a strong scumread for her based on her views of all the players.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #965 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 am

In post 964, Hoopla wrote:despite shockwave's tunnel on me, he essentially comes from nowhere to hammer profont who he didn't express suspicion for, yet was clearly a necessary mislynch for shockwave's victory path as scum. i'm actually curious about grey (and abr's) thoughts on shockwave's hammer yesterday, because neither of them have seemed to mention it.
There was like a day left before deadline when I hammered him.
Hoopla wrote:Also this post is simply scummy. It's logicked out like an excuse instead of an explanation.
"A townie should be more sure of this!" + "I see more often not a huge tell I don't like I feel kind of thing it could be scum I feel like she seems she doesn't seem."
It's true I don't think these points are overly strong, though I do think they're legitimate. I suspected Hoopla yesterday mostly based on process of elimination. I feel like Albert wasn't taking advantage of the apathetic town the way I would expect if he was scum. And I felt Profont had a town resonse the early Dragon Alliance wagon while Hoopla had a scum one. The points quoted above are an attempt to create a case nonetheless.

I'm interested in why Hoopla is now sure I'm scum rather than ABR. At first she was voting e because she felt I'm more likely to be lynched. But now she's sure I'm the scum, for no real reason.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #970 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 am

In post 966, Hoopla wrote:simply put, ABR isn't good enough to fake a scumgame like this. it's unnecessarily creative and weird. if he is, good on him, i'm prepared to lose to that. you're just more likely.
When did you come to that conclusion? Why wasn't that part of your reasoning when you fist voted for me?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #983 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am

In post 976, Hoopla wrote:i think the game of mafia was the true winner here today.
:(

Hoopla you played a very good game. I was onto you but couldn't do anything to express myself well enough.

I know you want to take the blame greymarble but I did very little to look town. I'm surprised I survived as long as I did.

Return to “Completed Open Games”