Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Vote: Amy Farrah Fowler.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Unvote. Vote: farside22.

I'm not a fan of that random vote. Voting for a player being replaced isn't likely to cause any action.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 28, Mr_Blonde wrote:Same premise here - wasted vote. How is this different than self voting?

Self voting is likely to provoke responses. Voting a player leaving the game is not.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 33, Mr_Blonde wrote:
I would consider your action a provoked response. Wouldn't you? This doesn't say anything for Farside's motive, but it does devalue your statement somewhat.

Sure. I'm the kind of player who actively looks for these things. But in most games Farside's vote wouldn't get any notice. It's not so much about motive but rather a lack of motive. Voting for a missing player isn't going to progress the game the vast majority of the time.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 40, farside22 wrote:
Do you think the bw on Amy caused much reaction?

Some. I have some ideas about it but I want to keep them to myself for now.

Mr_Blonde wrote:That's fair. So now that Farside has explained a bit - what do you think of her response?

It was okay. I think it's pretty clear that the reason Hiraki replaced out is because the game took so long to start though.

In post 63, chaoslord54 wrote:
Vote:farside22

Your way of claiming is scummy, rather or not someone replaced out is not a read on their role and to argue as such is ridiculous. Also, your case against Mr.Blonde has no real evidence against it and I do not understand why a wagon is building on him so early because of a post where he said "let's dance."

Don't like this. The tone is overexaggerating the situation as the wagon on Mr Blonde is hardly major. This post looks like an attempt by chaos to position himself on the wagon rather than genuine concerns about farside's play or the Mr Blonde wagon.

Unvote. Vote: chaoslord54.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 101, acryon wrote:
I also feel that, since I talked in that same post about her not providing much real content outside of just questioning people, and her next post() is asking yet another question of others without providing other real content or even answering your question.

What's the difference between asking questions and "real content?"

In post 119, SnugglyDuckling wrote:
In post 81, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 40, farside22 wrote:
Do you think the bw on Amy caused much reaction?

Some. I have some ideas about it but I want to keep them to myself for now.

Why?

Because I don't think going into them now will help the town.

SnugglyDuckling wrote:@anyone who is actually reading this: is it more usual to say "scum" or "mafia" and does it matter? (on a site called MafiaScum probably not)

Scum is probably more common. Scum is a more general term that includes any player or team opposed to the town. That can include serial killers, werewolves, cults, mafia etc.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 122, SnugglyDuckling wrote:Why don't you think going into your ideas will help the town?

I can't really go into it without revealing what they are.

I'll bring my ideas up when they become relevant.

I don't agree with your view on questioning acryon. Probing questions are like leads in a case. Some of them go somewhere, some don't. The best thing to do with the leads that don't go anywhere is to abandon them. There's no need to follow up. Also I think TobyLoby has been offering other kinds of content.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 138, farside22 wrote:@dryfit: do you agree with what Toby/duck feel about acryon?If so why?

No. I have acryon as being pretty null right now.

RoyalApe, who is scum?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 158, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 151, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 138, farside22 wrote:@dryfit: do you agree with what Toby/duck feel about acryon?If so why?

No. I have acryon as being pretty null right now.

RoyalApe, who is scum?

No clue yet. Who do you think is scum?

Chaoslord. Maybe farside.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 170, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:I don't like the fact that she posts something that's not especially relevant to this game (or asks a pretty awkward question) and then hides and keeps this one-irrelevant-post-a-day style up. It's the reason that most people have her as null, and every single extra post that adds to her crappost total is an extra notch on her scumminess scale (for me). So I have her as Null/Leaning scum right now. She can redeem herself by posting something smart, but right now she's getting scummier with every post.

Actually I'm pretty confident Astinus is town. She's taking a pretty carefree approach to this game.

In my town pile all I really have right now is Astinus and TobyLoby but I'm pretty confident about those. Amy Farrah Fowler's content looks good but I suspect she's an experienced player who's more than capable of duping us. Going to withhold judgement for now.

Still a big fan of the Chaos wagon.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 182, Baezu wrote:Mod Notes:astinus has asked for replacement. Ranon replaces astinus

Also is turns out Ranon that you're actually Astinus...

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 217, Ranon wrote:
Yup, Hi guy. Not much to say, I'm getting no real reads :lol:

Do you have any opinion on Chaos or his wagon?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 228, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:
In post 215, Dry-fit wrote:Amy Farrah Fowler's content looks good but I suspect she's an experienced player who's more than capable of duping us. Going to withhold judgement for now.

Ironically enough I'm a new account with not THAT much in the way of experience.

But thank you :)

I find it very difficult to believe you're not an alt. Aren't you?

When I say Astinus was carefree I mean mainly in the first couple pages. She put herself out there by joining a growing rvs wagon before voting herself just because she could. Doesn't seem like very careful play to me.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 236, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I finally read through everything and this is my first comment on the wagon against me. Although looking back now, I can see how my vote and my reasoning can seem scummy I think the speed of my wagon and the lack of people questioning the idea of my one post proving rather or not I'm scum is actually a legitimate way to look at things is pretty bad. I definitely think that scum is on my wagon and are influencing it although to who is exactly scum I'm not quite sure. I'm going to post a reads list after my next class tonight and will go from there. Also, if there are certain questions I have missed please direct them towards me and I will do my best to answer.

Honestly the whole "my wagon is scum driven because it was so fast" is awful. Saying a wagon is scum driven because it's fast is bad but saying that about your own wagon seems even worse.

Hey CKD it's been a while. Read up and vote Chaos <3

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 255, Belisarius wrote:Who besides chaos do you think is scum?

Maybe farside. But my number two suspect recently has been Skelda. I think he's overestimating his points against RoyalApe. I also don't like him saying no one should have had read on Astinus other than null.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

You are but in your case you seem to be intentionally playing it up to be provocative.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

CKD is making me doubt my Chaos scumread. Or at least convincing me that Skelda and Chaos aren't both scum.

In post 277, farside22 wrote:I don't see scum avoiding fast wagons and calling everyone town. It typically leaves them with no one to lynch.

I agree about scum not wanting calling everyone town, but that's more on later days with more clears. There's still plenty of time to change your reads later in the game on D1

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 287, FakedBlogger wrote:VOTE: farside22

:mad:

I hate naked votes.

Toby isn't a good place for a vote.

@Mod: Some serious action needs to be taken about Astinus posting in tread at this point. It's compromising the game.

I've reported her to Mr. Flay. I don't believe I have the power to ban her, do I? Is there anything else I should be doing? Sorry this has never happened to me before
Last edited by Baezu on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

My gut reaction to Skelda's post right above this is that it looks town. Gah. Catching up.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Belisaurius is a wildcard for me. I still don't know what to think of him.

In post 311, farside22 wrote:
Why is Toby a bad vote?

I'm pretty confident she's town. In my top two town reads. Personally I like the little questions she's asking. It's a similar style to my town game, especially from a few years ago. I think town are more likely to ask these probing little questions because town wants very much to figure out what's going on. Scum pretty much know everything already so they aren't curious. I also feel like Toby hasn't been kissing up to anyone this game and is presenting her ideas in an open way.

We have a day left. I'm having second thoughts about Skelda but he's not an awful lynch. Would still massively prefer a Chaos lynch. Something needs to get done VERY soon though in any case. Nonvoters and scrambles need to make a relevant vote asap.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 353, scrambles wrote:I dont think people who are reasonably suspicious are ever mafia. Reasonably suspicious lynches deny all culpability to the lyncher. Safe lynches are never good lunches. I prefer something unsafe, like Beli.

Right. The player no one has a townread on is an unsafe lynch.

Unfortunately just in the interest of getting an actual lynch through I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: Belisaurius.

Chaos should really be the lynch today though.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Dry-fit »

You know what, I can't do it. The wagon is just too bad.

Unvote. Vote: Skelda.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 500, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I was looking through what I miss and I do not understand why there is such a big wagon building on Belisarius...I mean the cases against him are not put together very well and the speed it built after there has not really been a large wagon on him the entire day is alarming.

It makes me cry inside that this guy isn't getting lynched.

Beli's reaction to supposedly being hammered is null to me. He could have easily said what he said as either alignment.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll have time for a claim from Skelda.

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Open Games”