Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

/in
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

quick someone tell me if I'm scum or town before my pm gets here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

too late. but if you guessed town then you are correct.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think Beast would lie to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1850 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1839, Wisdom wrote:Beast didn't, you are prolly lying tho

naw, thats against my wincon.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 13, Zebulin wrote:Is there a deadline for those who haven't confirmed?

*twitch*

In post 30, Zebulin wrote:So, are you a vanilla townie or a mason?

*twitch*

In post 38, goodmorning wrote:
In post 33, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 29, goodmorning wrote:Hmmmmmm Sonic might be Scum.
Why?

Because that post was so utterly overdone it's ridiculous. He's holding the cards in his left hand and telling us to watch the right, but in such an obvious way that it looks to me like a double- or triple-bluff.
I mean, there're a couple different options and not all of them have him as Scum, but it's pretty blatantly manipulative and I don't like it.

naw, that was just normal MS goofing around and acting like he was going to catch scum this game.

In post 55, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're voting him for bad grammar?

if the zeb slot flips scum then I could see this as a buddy. Though I do like his point about Dan's two RVS votes being off but Dan was town so meh.

In post 70, Shinobi wrote:The thing you need to understand is that lynching someone because you don't like their playstyle is lynching someone for poor reasoning. Being weird doesn't make him scum. If we actually try to lynch him at this point in the game, it's nothing more than a policy lynch.

This post is worrisome though. Defending a perceived pl/mislynch.

gonna take a nap and then read the other 70 pages.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1901 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1858, Shinobi wrote:@Nero: What's wrong with defending a supposed "policy lynch/mislynch?" I fail to see what the issue is, can you elaborate?

I think its something that often comes from scum, its free town cred.

In post 1898, goodmorning wrote:Still waiting on Nero. Anything?

No, today was football day so I plan on being back after SNF/TWD or when I wake up in the morning.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 151, Josh_B wrote:Site participation/game participation has nothing to do with the mod giving a daystart. Especially when a player has already posted in a game.

^^^^^^
This slot is town but Josh gets town points for this and Mala gets scum points.

In post 183, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yuck. Asking why someone isn't town-reading you. Bad post.

????

I ask folks to back up their reads all the time. Whats scummy about that?

In post 196, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:She is null right now for me because I don't see anything that's particularly townie or particularly scummy from her so far.

but you were agreeing with MS' case on her. So I dun get it.

I HATED BBT's vote on MS on p9.

Zeb'd fascination with # of posts is rubbing me the wrong way.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well I'm not a speed reader already and with still being slightly headachey it makes things somewhat hard but I mean, its a week till deadline so I have plenty of time.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1965, Malakittens wrote:Why are you getting so defensive over my thinking your slot is scum for lurking.

First of all, I'm not even lurking.

Second of all, The first time I read your post I was like "WTF, I haven't even replied to her accusation yet!" but I assume you meant

In post 1959, Nero Cain wrote:This slot is town but Josh gets town points for this and Mala gets scum points.

Which is not actually a reply to you at all. Its a reply to Josh B's 151. He's right though. Nyanna had already posted in the game so he knew it already started so you asking if he was "avoiding" the game 'cause of the no link is all kinds of :?: I also don't understand how you could think that was a reply to you 'cause I quoted Josh's post and not yours. I just don't know if it was a willful misrepresentation or derp misrepresentation which is becoming so common on this site.

Was he (Nyna) posting elsewhere on the site or something? If not, why did you think he was avoiding the game instead of just being a lurksack?

As far as your accusation goes...well I'm not even lurking so :igmeou: and you have accused this slot twice of lurking and your original accusation that I was "scummy" 'cause I hadn't made you think I was town was right after I went on v/la.

In post 1940, vezokain wrote:Nero is on vla till he feels better

So its starting to look like you are going for the path of least resistance. Can I expect more lurker hunting when I finish reading the thread?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1967, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1956, beastcharizard wrote:
And Wisdom has to be replaced as well.

I'm actually really unhappy about this.

Why?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1974, Josh_B wrote:I find it highly notable that Nero has confirmed Wisdom as town, and Wisdom has confirmed Nero as town with out prompting.

I don't think this ever happened. I DID say that I thought MS was town and by extension Wisdom 'cause they are in the same slot.

If Wisdom was calling me town he may have been trying to get some town cred.

@BBT-was was it scummy for Huntress to ask why she is being scumread?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1988, Huntress wrote:Might the converse also be true? It seems an odd thing to say of your townread.

nope. I know Josh is misreading like crazy so maybe he's wrong about Wisdom saying that he knows that I was town but lets pretend that Josh is telling the truth (and not misreading) and Wisdom had said that he knew I was town. Why do you think town would say that?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well ok, I'm not a mason with Wisdom so like who do you want dead now?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1985, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, so Pea is scum.

Why I hear you ask. Well, here's why;

Hey! Look at who Scripten was going to move onto if NPAU flipped town;

- Uct is town, Shinobi not so much. Follow up to come when he is on his laptop. This never comes.

- This post is odd. He states that he thinks GM could be scum because of her lack of effort and emotional defence. He follows this to say that he simply does not see the case for NPAU being scum. In summary, he can see GM being scum for reasons, but he does not see NPAU as scum, he just doesn't town-read him. Yet, he ends up on the NPAU wagon completely ignoring his own reads and following who he thinks is town. This is bad logic, he saw a reason for GM being scum, GM was a viable lynch, but he decided not to pursue it in favour of somebody he could not see as being scum.

- Over-reaction. He 'hates' both these wagons. Both are 'probably' town. Wait, NPAU is now a town-read? Because in , you specifically state that you're not town-reading NPAU. Looking for some town-cred after the NPAU lynch?

- He casually throws a scum-read out. Conveniently, right at the end of the day. You would expect him to follow this up at the start of D2. He doesn't. To my memory, still hasn't.
- He semi-agrees with my case on Dave. He needs to look at Dave in-depth. This also never happens.

- Reads list. Here we go, he was scum-reading Huntress and he had to look at Dave in-depth as well. This is it. Sadly, no, it isn't. In fact, he doesn't even mention Huntress, he begins to pursue Heph again. He also states that 'Dave hasn't pinged him as town or scum because he hasn't been paying attention to him in terms of alignment'. So, you're not trying to get a read on Dave because....?

- I think Wisdom pointed this one out. He pretty much sheeps everything Wisdom has said. He town-reads Uct in this post.

- Reads-list. He is scum-reading Uct. Why did this change? Still scum-reading Huntress, whilst doing nothing about it.

Pea continually states his 'scum reads' but never actually follows up on them. He is continually 'catching up' which makes him look ridiculously town and I believe this is one of the main reasons I kept my town-read on him as long as I did.

His reads are inconsistent and I don't feel like they're genuine.

Pea should be today's lynch.

Is this the current case on peabody?

but I much rather kill shinobi.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2000 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:shinobi

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2010, davesaz wrote:Dave needs to see some posts by a replacement.

Dave needs to look at my post I've already posted.

In post 2017, Shinobi wrote:Stop taking potshots at each other pls

????

BBT is scum hunting. That's not a potshot like at all.

Sheep me onto the scum lynch guys.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Your scum for the same reason that anyone is ever scum on this site-you got a red pm.

but more precise-I think posts like #70 often come from scum. Its not some cray-cray thought process to think MS was posting weird and attribute that to scum posting. So it looks to me like you knew he was town and thus are defending him and writing it off as a pl when that's not was happening.

Just like Dave was being kinda scummy and BBT was scum hunting him. You writing that off as "taking potshots" doesn't make sense.

Nor do I like your "there's no case on me!" despite me talking about you and two things but I'm also assuming that you've done a shitload of other scummy stuff

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2048, Shinobi wrote:I don't like lynching people for bad reasons.

Its only a "bad reason" if he's town so thanks for that I guess.

In post 2054, Huntress wrote:Actually, "taking potshots at each other" is a fair description of the last sentences of 2015 and 2016. I agree with Shinobi there.

meh. I could *maybe see that* but its the heat of battle and things get said but still, I think overall BBT was hunting Dave so it looked to me like she was waiving BBT off and miscatagorizing legit scumhunting.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2081, Peabody wrote:I highly doubt a scum would protest lynches because the people are 'boring'.

disagree. Scum protect town all and or their scumbuddies all the time.

In post 2065, davesaz wrote:Nero, it would really help me to know your uct read.

heavy town lean with a twinge of doubt that he was bussing/distancing from Shinobi.

In post 2106, Josh_B wrote:Nero, do you think I'm being selfish?

Not really but why are you against a shinobi lynch?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no but Shinobi is my strongest scumread.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:bbt

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2146 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no lynches are dumb and I don't particularly want to join a wagon with Shinobi on it.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So you are scumreading a player, in what world does it make sense to join that wagon?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2152 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2149, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I mean, look at how towny that wagon on Pea is.

Shinobi isn't town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2154 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

don't care about Huntess

Mala always seems scummy to me

I think you are scummier than Pea.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2160 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2157, uctriton00 wrote:But that hephaestus slot (nero cain) logic to not get onto the wagon is ridiculous. Scum read on heph (especially for that one terrible finger point he put back there on day.... day whatever that was).

Other to joust avoid a nl, why should I join a wagon with mt biggest scumread on it? Do you often join wagons with your scumreads on it?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2164, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2160, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2157, uctriton00 wrote:But that hephaestus slot (nero cain) logic to not get onto the wagon is ridiculous. Scum read on heph (especially for that one terrible finger point he put back there on day.... day whatever that was).

Other to joust avoid a nl, why should I join a wagon with mt biggest scumread on it? Do you often join wagons with your scumreads on it?

You shouldn't vote Peabody because he's Town, but if what's stopping you is a scumread being on the wagon... well, Scum can bus. I've never ever understood people not joining a wagon just because they scumread one person on it.

I agree but 9 times out of 10 scum being on a wagon signifies a mislynch.

In post 2222, Peabody wrote:Check out Heph.

I'm defending someone that I believe is on my team and they are calling me scum? wtf.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I like how UCT is now trying to accuse me of trying to earn cheap town cred by not voting Pea-PRE-FLIP!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm in his slot silly goose.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2246 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

WTF did he do that was so scummy?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2250 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I very much like how Shinobi and UCT are now heavily implying Pea is a mislynch

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2278, Shinobi wrote:A long catch-up is not alignment indicative.

Scum intentionally stall like all the time. So thanks for letting us know this is town.

vote:Shinobi

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yes. I know you are new (or an alt faking newness) but scum taking their time and stalling is a common scum tactic. You going oh "nope scum don't do this!" looks very much like scum that knows Aegor's alignment.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do you not think its very important?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So you are now slightly backtracking and saying he could be stalling.

How would his catchup confirm or deny that he was stalling?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2290, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!!!

Let's all lurk and hope scum catch themselves. OK...

Ready...

GO!

This is a great idea!

but its kinda a strange thing for someone to say when they think they are voting scum, no?

What do you think about Shinobi?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think UCT is scummy.

Why do you think Shinobi is town?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2361, Josh_B wrote:I'll also take Nero Cain and Huntress for close seconds

WTF? I'm scum. bullshit. I don't know what a scum Josh looks like, is this it?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2385 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, this is a shitty time to go
v/la! Might be gone a day or two
and am fine with lynching Josh. So I guess GM and Dave can finish their rereads.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Just to clarify, my v/la takes effect tomorrow.

VCA is a decent scumhunting tool. Its not as perfect as Titus and DGB make it out to so I pretty much hate GM arguing against that.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2400 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2399, Nero Cain wrote:Its not as perfect as Titus and DGB make it out to be but I pretty much hate GM arguing against that.

FIXED!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2402 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I could buy a Josh/GM team and am ok with voting with my team mates.

vote:Josh

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think that's only 3. Gonna make your scumbuddy bus you.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2440 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't remember being majorly suspected so ya for me. Thanks to my team for helping me win. I think you did fine Beast.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2443 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think so I also did not read the full game when I replaced in. lol

Return to “Completed Open Games”