Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Gravity »

/confirm.

Hey everyone. :)
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Gravity »

Never played with any of you before, but here are what I'm thinking so far:

I didn't get anything from the Town Block stuff (I didn't even know what it was before this). All I got from it is that Constantine is probably bad Town, rather than scum for suggesting it.

Pastro actually looks the scummiest to me so far, looks like scum trying to find bad reasons to suspect people. Firstly he jumps on Constantine and BMW for their votes and puts suspicion on those posts, which I took in a clearly jokey nature and nothing to form a read on. Also, for his following of Mathdino with the exact same reasoning he used, and none of his own independent thoughts on anything else. In my opinion, this is nervous scum trying to find their way in to the thread, and following the most present player at this point.

VOTE: Pastro
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Gravity »

Can I ask how Aneninen's post determines anything on his alignment? I got nothing from it, considering it was still pre-game and didn't seem at all like a serious post. I wouldn't use that as a reason to push something on Day 1 until he has posted more.
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Gravity »

I'd be okay with calling Mathdino Town for now considering I think Pastro is scum, I don't see them as the same alignment as I believe Pastro is new scum that followed an active Town player with their reasoning.
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Gravity »

In post 129, acryon wrote:
In post 127, Gravity wrote:Can I ask how Aneninen's post determines anything on his alignment?

It doesn't. I would guess the votes were more for reaction than for believing he was actually scum. Asking to be in the town bloc was no good, as was everything related to the idea of a town bloc, but stupid/bad != scum.

You're probably right.

Got any thoughts on what I said about Pastro and his opening posts whilst you're here?
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Gravity »

Just reading back now, will let Pastro's replacement post a bit first. The 'he's a newbie' argument doesn't flow with me though, his posts looked really opportunistic and just like he was trying to find the easiest place to park his vote, and look like he was contributing.

UNVOTE: Pastro

In post 189, notreallygood wrote:
Some of you have got scumvibes from Pastro because of his dismissive attitude, but I'd like to make it clear that it isn't advisable to judge a player's alignment based on their playstyle. Sure, his posts may look scummy at the first sight, but check out his profile and you'll see that he may be a new player who isn't very familiar with how this game works. Also, post 118 suggests that he may tend to take jokes too seriously. Taking all these things into consideration, I've got a null read on him, for now.

It wasn't just his attitude, it was the way he reacted to the thread. He didn't seem comfortable at all, he didn't directly confront anyone, he made points on random votes and jokey posts that didn't determine alignment in anyway, and copied someone's vote EXACTLY. It was literally the same reasoning Math had used. I realize he's new, but I'm not going to ignore clearly scummy play when I see it, but I will let his replacement speak.

In post 189, notreallygood wrote:The same thing can be said for Constantine, but Math has already explained why he isn't likely to be scum. Besides, as he has mentioned, he's been victorious in a few games using the townbloc strategy, which is probably why he'd suggest that. I don't feel any scumvibes from him.

For Gravity, his posts feel unnatural. I've played with him before, and in that game he didn't place his vote on someone and call them "the scummiest to me" this early in the game. He would just say "a little bit suspicious". Also, he wouldn't keep asking about others' opinions on someone he voted. So this really comes as unusual to me.

I can't really say much about House and Math apart from arguing with each other. I appreciate their motivations to question each other's logic, though, and House has also answered Acryon's questions about Math's logic, while Math has also reminded us that he wasn't really suspecting Constantine, but rather wanted to point out his "bad play"(as he calls it). Overall, both of them come as town to me, although the two of them may have conflicts from time to time.

Need some time to go through others' posts. Remind me if I've missed anything.

VOTE: Gravity

None of this is telling me anything new, he's on the fence about a lot of what he is saying aside from me. In what way were my posts unnatural? Also, using wording to suspect me looks really bad IMO. It doesn't really matter how I phrase it, I found him to be the scummiest so far. Would I have looked more Town if I had said he just looked suspicious? I don't understand that at all. Saying he's the scummiest so far is taking a pretty big stance this early in to the game, showing I was confident in my read and willing to push it. How does that look scummy? I thought he looked the most suspicious so I pushed him, something I did the last game I did on here as Town. Also, I don't see how asking people's opinions on a player in the game is unusual? I'm merely trying to create discussion in the Thread, and get other people's thoughts.

NRG's is a little bit better, but I don't like how his entire case on me seems to be just based on how I played last time and wording, and nothing really to do with this game aside from asking people questions.
Gravity
Gravity
Goon
Gravity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Gravity »

In post 194, copper223 wrote:@BMWS
Compare it to Texcat, he came into the game, voted one random guy, didn't really bother justifying it and parked it there until he has s better scumread, that reads more town to me because you aren't even thinking about being seen as scum, ofc you can always meta it so it's by no means a universal tell. Now you came in and voted, someone told you RVS is over and you quickly unvoted, this to me shows the opposite, you don't want to have to justify that vote or draw attention to yourself, which indicates your primary focus is not scum hunting (town) but rather surviving (mafia). This read is reinforced by your latest post where you explain your play to people questionong you but once again give mo indication about who you think is scum nor do you bother to vote and by now you should have plenty of material for a "first impression" of who you want to investigate as a potential mafia.

Agree on Texcat, I'm leaning town as well. I was looking over her posts, and she doesn't seem to be trying to force anything out to seem useful, and like she's 'trying' to look Town. Her progress so far seems like a gradual Town build whilst she gains reads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”