Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Venrob »

Ok, so i've done a bit of a skim read so far. I am SOOO pissed and surprised that 4 got the top pick. I mean 1235 all got doubled up, but 4 of all numbers got top.... 4 is always the one that everyone chooses.

Given I hav e a history with this setup... and not a good one... I just hope this game doesn't go to shit for town like it always does.

For reference purposes, Open 472: Town of Lottery Addicts is the only game i have completed of this setup. I also failed to mod it once, and played a game which got abandoned once. Bad luck. In Open 472, I was one of the 4 people who picked the number 4- and had second to last place. I still didn't end up VT though- I got vengeful. But town didn't believe my roleclaim, and believed scum at lylo.... So hopefully I don't make it to lylo, because whenever I do town loses. Unless I become confirmed town before lylo, then I'm fine with living :)

Anyway, for rvs vote.... why not VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp

Also for number theory, I have found that picking a semi-high number generally results in high draft order, because everyone doubles up below you. That is why I picked a high number, and I presume same goes for siv.

Either way, I hope this game doesn't go to shit because of me like every game I play does.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Venrob »

No, I'm saying that if the town decides to lynch me even though I am town, I'd rather it not be at LYLO.

Reads? Not really. I don't get reads this early into Day 1. If you wish to confirm that, you can check out my other games- that's what I pretty much always say regardless of alignment.
And if I seem defensive, please note my 1 town win and 6 town losses.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Venrob »

I have played scum, 2 wins 3 losses as scum compared to 1 win 6 losses as town. My first game here was a scum game, and it got to lylo (2 scum 3 town.) The only reason I won is that one of the townies had a scum read on the other 2 and a town read on me and my partner. If not for that, I would have been lynched really early. I think everyone was giving me benefit of the noob considering it was my first game on-site. I played really badly... but still won.

In my other game i won as scum, I got dayvigged on day 1. My partner, solo, went on to win the game.

So I don't really have any great scum accomplishments. And my 1 town win was a masons and mafia setup, which honestly seems easy to win for town considering the mafia kept killing themselves XD

So I don't really have a good history, everyone always reads me as scum.

If you want to look for yourself, all completed games are on my wiki.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Venrob »

UNVOTE:
Still had an rvs vote out.

OK, so i've caught up a bit... and honestly the only thing I'm getting as far as reads is mathdino seems townie to me. I don't have the time right now to make a big post or anysuch or to read into peoples posts and analyze, but I will be back later today for a better read of the game. Just got up, haven't even had breakfast yet but wanted to make a post while I had a minute.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Venrob »

In post 178, davesaz wrote:
So we have:
Games go to shit when you're in them
Everyone reads you scum
You have a terrible record
Don't have time right now

We're gonna need to see a lot more than a bunch of AtE, or this is going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

For the first 3, yeah that happens a lot sooo
for the last one, may I point out that I am a 15-year-old in a house which has 4 people and 1 computer, and the computer belongs to my uncle. I have no claim to time on this computer other than when he is not here or decides to give me time on it. Furthermore, mafiascum does not work on my phone. I can read posts from my phone, but not post or check pm's- because i cannot log in. When i log in i am immediately logged out.

So I really don't have that much time.

Anyway, what I'm reading here is... a lot of people seeming townie to me. I don't generally get good scum reads on day 1.

On the reading the entire wiki subject, I do that too. I didnt have a reason where I learned the hard way or anything, I just like to know what I'm getting myself into. The only time I don't read the wiki is if I am quite familiar with the setup already. The big purpose of an open setup is so that you know everything that can happen in it, so why wouldn't you read the wiki? mnot reading the wiki defeats the purpose of it being open.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Venrob »

As for everything, in the general discussion that has happened sop far I have a town read on Amy, Davesaz, MathDino, and Droog.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Venrob »

OK so i caught back up... Still getting some decent town reads, not really seeing anything scummy enough for me to vote. In re to the above post by math, honestly I can see myself making a post like that as town so I wouldn't be too quick to call that a scum post. It seems more like frustration than scum tbh.

Ankamius, I don't think we've played a game together... Maybe you're thinking of Venmar? I took a quick scroll through my wiki and we haven't been in any games together that I can see. Regardless, welcome to the game!

If anything I'm gonna be watching siv and flubber a bit more due to the wgeurts wagon.. I agree, it seemed a bit too fast. Dave still strikes me as town though, as does math.

Anyway, I gotta go. I'll probably be back online in an hour or 2, though.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Venrob »

In post 290, wgeurts wrote:
In post 289, Venrob wrote:OK so i caught back up... Still getting some decent town reads, not really seeing anything scummy enough for me to vote. In re to the above post by math, honestly I can see myself making a post like that as town so I wouldn't be too quick to call that a scum post. It seems more like frustration than scum tbh.

Ankamius, I don't think we've played a game together... Maybe you're thinking of Venmar? I took a quick scroll through my wiki and we haven't been in any games together that I can see. Regardless, welcome to the game!

If anything I'm gonna be watching siv and flubber a bit more due to the wgeurts wagon.. I agree, it seemed a bit too fast. Dave still strikes me as town though, as does math.

Please just post a list of reads and just vote the top scum read. If people are ties use random.org, just do something!
Other reads are delayed but not cancled, back to phone posting.

VOTE: Flubber
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Venrob »

Well, Siv is another person I am willing to vote, so since this looks like it's happening...

VOTE: Siv
L-2

Also, it seems that one of my friends has pissed off some serious hackers, and they may be coming after me.... so I'm going to give a preemptive
V/LA for a week
incase they take down my internet.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Venrob »

Ok, UNVOTE: siv. I have my reasons.

Also, since when can doc self-protect? I have never seen that happen....
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Venrob »

I was planning on checking siv's ISO in Open 472, and didn't want a lynch while i was gone. Figured better safe than sorry.

My results from ISO'ing him show that he is a hell of a lot more active post-wise in this game than 472, though actual content in posts isn't much better. He was scum jailkeeper that game, (which was this same setup), and lasted to the day before lylo. Of course his scumbuddy Ser Arthur Dayne had everyone thinking of him as the towniest person, so town lost anyway that game.

His play is similar between these 2 games, and he was scum in that one. VOTE: Siv

My current thoughts on the gamestate? Siv is either scum or really bad town, hopefully scum because it is looking like he is gonna be lynched. If we can get a scum down day 1, that is a huge advantage for us. I have more townreads than scumreads, but that is completely normal D1 for me.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Venrob »

farside22 wrote:Ven: Why did you vote flubber first over Siv?
Spoiler: quote
In post 290, wgeurts wrote:
In post 289, Venrob wrote:OK so i caught back up... Still getting some decent town reads, not really seeing anything scummy enough for me to vote. In re to the above post by math, honestly I can see myself making a post like that as town so I wouldn't be too quick to call that a scum post. It seems more like frustration than scum tbh.

Please just post a list of reads and just vote the top scum read.
If people are ties use random.org, just do something!

Other reads are delayed but not cancled, back to phone posting.

I was told to vote my top scum read, and if there are ties use random.org. Since it was a 2-way tie i simply flipped a coin- and it landed tails, so I voted flubber. Then siv moved up on my scumreads list and I switched my vote to him. My flubber vote was in my next post after the quoted post.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Venrob »

Ok, I just read up to here... Sorry for the inactivity, internet went down- not sure if it was the hackers or not, in fact it is probably just fricking Frontier being a shitty internet provider. I will try to be somewhat active, but the internet is going on and off a lot sooo.... New internet is being gotten on the 8th, so I'm going to have to
V/LA until Dec 8th
. Will try to get on when i can in the meantime, but this internet is just not functional when I need it to be.

As for my catch-up, yay siv finally updated his wiki (which was bothering my OCD by not being updated TBH)
My vote stands right where I think it is necessary.

Noted. ~insanity
Last edited by insanity018 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Venrob »

OK, got an internet connection at a friend's house and have just read up on the game... Home internet is no longer shit, but completely nonfunctional. Hopefully switching to Cox internet will fix the many issues with AT&T/Frontier.
In post 686, Mathdino wrote:While his lack of explanation as to his hopping on and off the Siv wagon is annoying, I'm not scumreading it.

Venrob:
Please explain what you were talking about when you unvoted Siveure-- "I have my reasons."

I explained in the post where I re-voted him, I wanted not to have a lynch happen while I was taking some time to read him. Better over-cautious than under-cautious, right?

As far as everything goes, anen is reading to me as playing like I do when I really get into the mechanics of a setup (Make a plan, figure out exactly what I'm gonna do to screw scum, or screw town if I'm scum that game, and then start working on the plan without fully disclosing it.) This is something I would do personally as either town or scum, depending on setup. With this setup, either anen is town or scum with no "Plan" but is just covering their asses from being lynched. I'm honestly leaning toward the town option there, so my vote won't be moving. Alc seems decent to me, not particularly town or scum... Someone link to the case on him?

For now I'm going to stick with my siv vote. I will be online for approximately an hour before I go home, and then I won't have internet access at all until Monday after the internet is redone (so afternoon/late night EST).
The only place I have gotten internet access at all for a while now is at school, but MS is blocked so I can't read/post from there.... Really bad timing for my internet to shit out.

Also @FormerFish, It is true that in FTL mafia I was scum and gave my shitty internet as a reason for my inactivity... But that's just because AT&T is a really crappy ISP. The internet was constantly shitting out on us, and we finally upgraded to a better plan with them.... But now with the whole AT&T/Frontier thing, the internet decided it was going to pull a full-out failure on us.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Venrob »

Internet is all hooked up with Cox now, so I should be online a LOT more. Siv did seem scummy to me at the last time I was on, but he wasn't.... Well, better than a no lynch i guess...
And of course one of my townreads gets killed.

As for what I'm seeing, for now I'm going to VOTE: anen.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Venrob »

We could use some more activity here....
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Venrob »

There isn't much I have to comment on. Now I can comment on that vote- you voted me to give me something to discuss. Now I have discussed it. Useless.

There just isn't enough activity in general for people to be active... paradoxial problems.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Venrob »

My point is I don't really have anything to say, so me posting more will just be fluff. I would love for more people to discuss things, because then there may be something for me to discuss.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am

Post by Venrob »

I have a feeling that my self-fulfilling prophecy will be fulfilling itself today....
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Venrob »

Prod acknowledged, will make an actual post later today.. christmas shopping day #1
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Venrob »

Uhg... back. I thought I'd be home from christmas shopping and dinner out with the family in time to make a post yesterday, but frankly I was just too tired. I'm gonna do some reading and make a post.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Venrob »

Read a bit, and I feel comfortable with this- VOTE: wgeurts

anka's 878 is perfect here.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Venrob »

In post 878, Ankamius wrote:
In post 874, wgeurts wrote:Woop, fixed my laptops internet.
Now, seriously (half-policy):
VOTE: Venrob
I don't see any posts from him, his whole thing looks staged as well.

UNVOTE: droog
VOTE: wgeurts

This post and his last one are both really bugging me; this one for the timing and fake-looking reasoning, and the last one because... wat. He thinks there's one scum being voted when there's 5 wagons of two people and asks someone else to do VCA? Then votes someone for doing nothing?

I really don't care that his laptop's internet was out and he was phoneposting. He got his internet back with this post and what he decided to do with it doesn't sit right with me at all.

The post mentioned was my reasoning. This is exactly why wgeurts is scummy.
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Venrob »

Well, I'm so sorry everyone. School has been cranking up the homework level lately and I just don't have the time to be doing this....
UNVOTE:
Mod, I need to be replaced.

Just to leave off- dino, siv has played with me before.... but he's not exactly alive to confirm my meta. Just know that though I am not always this inactive, my play otherwise is relatively the same game-to-game.
wguerts is on my scumlist
Dino is DEFINATELY town, so note to my replacement that he is good and trustworthy.
Beyond that,
Merry christmas and happy holidays to all!
Hope this doesn't end up ruining the game.
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Open Games”