A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Hey guys! So excited to get going; it's my first game of mafia in... Five months now, I think? It's been too long, the point is. I don't believe I've played with anyone here before, but it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I figure it's good to start with a little background info, so we know a bit about one another as early as possible. I'm twenty, I'm a college student, am unemployed, and my hobbies include music, video games, forum mafia, and playing tennis. I almost solely play mafia from my iPad, so I apologize in advance if I have any formatting errors, unfinished posts, etc. because it's a pain in the neck sometimes. I got my username based off the music group Simple Plan, but added an article because I can/I wanted to, for those interested (kyndy). I'm set in the eastern time zone.

I notice that Ika didn't actually say anything except for a vote. I get that there's not much going on, but join the discussion! It's all for fun, and what's the fun in sitting back and being quiet?

VOTE: Fromage

Your name is way too cheesy.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

I like BMR's strategy of jumping straight out of RVS as soon as possible with some relevant thoughts. I don't believe the WIFOM she (kyn) presented is much of a lead, so much a sign of inexperience. She does have ten games under her belt on site, however, so I'll simply ask this.

Kyn, which side, between town and scum, do you feel you're better at playing? Why?

BMR, do you look at Kyn's intro, or at least the part you highlighted, as scum-like?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed May 27, 2015 5:32 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

What in the world... That was the fastest day one lynch I've ever seen. Just... Wow.

To answer Fromage's question about how knowing about players helps, honestly it's debatable if it does at all. For one I think it's nice just making friends, since this is only a game to begin with, but I feel it does help because it generates activity, and if people aren't even willing to introduce themselves, I get the feeling that it may be something to look into, aka they may be hiding something. But also, it generates more of an experience thing due to age and profession in my mind. For example, if one introduces oneself as a lawyer or law student, I feel weary because they're obviously very well-rehearsed in terms of persuasion and law, and it stands to reason that clearing them as quickly as possible would ideal, if there were any PRs which were capable of doing so. There are quite a few examples of situations like that, where I find something worth remembering simply from the way someone opts to self-introduce or not.

One last thing before game-night, BMR posting on his alt is an interesting revelation, to say the least, because it proves his experience. His #14 convinced me he wasn't as new as his join date, and I'm glad to see I was right about that. @BMR: I'm particularly interested in hearing, from a more experienced perspective, your thoughts on the sudden hammer from Ika. Would you agree this seems scummy?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Okay, after seeing Ika flip VT, I'm absolutely baffled, but at the same time, quite pleased. With the setup, Ika claimed he was going to "visit" someone last night, and scum fired hoping he was a PR, so knowing he'd be a target today, he drew their fire last night, and I'm grateful for him doing that.

I'm willing to believe Fromage is being framed by the scum team here, making it look like the L1 on Kyndy was the scum instead of the hammer, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's scum. What I will say is that I'm VERY suspicious of YGS (that is, You Got Schooled) because his only post day 1 was #20, which not only was a wagon vote, but offered absolutely nothing else. Another scum read for me is BMR (Blue Moon Rising), whose interrogation of Kyndy's WIFOM to lead a wagon seems rather curious.

I also want to hear from sthar8, who was hoping to contribute day 1 but went to bed before doing so beyond a joke vote/RVS. Null read right now simply because he didn't get to contribute.

In mind also is Texcat's #43. He specified that his decision between voting Ika and voting Fromage was made easier when Ika was killed. I get a scummy vibe from that, because if scum is indeed framing Fromage as I feel they might be, it would be VERY easy to jump on the wagon claiming saying one of the last two had to be scum on such a quick lynch, especially after Ika flipped town.

pistachi0n's #42 bothers me a bit as well because it's fluff. It doesn't add anything productive to the game, and seems very possibly an activity post, but to this point, he is giving off stronger town vibes than most anyone else.

@sthar8: Since you didn't get a chance to really play Day One, I want to hear from you if at all possible now. What are your thoughts on the quickly lynch? Do you feel that Fromage's L1 vote is particularly scummy? If. Not, whom do you feel is giving off the strongest scum vibes right now?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Sat May 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 45, You Got Schooled wrote:Hmm, part of me would love to like the above post (looks like scum hunting, some good surface points raised) but parts of it aren't ringing true - we are scummy for enjoying an rvs wagon, but sthar, who has one more post than us is null? Looks like an awful lot of scum- reads, SP, but I guess after thay super speedy day 1 I can't really blame you... Do you have any questions for us?

Sthar's null read comes from not only the fact that he didn't jump on the wagon during RVS, but also because his promise to post the following day was rendered impossible to comply with due to the lynch.

As of right now, my scum reads in order of most to least scumlike:
YGS
Texcat
BMR
Fromage

If anything, I'd call pistachi0n a null, simply because his RVS was simply that and wasn't meant as the start of a quicklynch.

I do have a few questions, but I do prefer to take things at a slower pace and ask one by one rather than piling all questions into one post, knowing my tendency to write WALLS and for people to skim when they get too long. One of my focuses right now is figuring out sthar8 better. Another is making sense of BMR's #47 (below). But I will go ahead and throw this out there: Who are your top town reads right now, YGS?

One last thought I have, is that concealing one's thoughts until asked for them does seem very anti-town, YGS, and that's part of why you're still at the top of my list.

In post 47, MonkeyMan576 wrote:@ASP: Your reasoning seems very flawed. You are saying Fromage is being framed by scum, but give no reasoning for this assumption. No one forced Fromage and ika to vote, and ika was town. If anything, scum may have killed ika to make Fromage look like scum, or they may have killed ika to make Fromage look town, or they may have killed ika regardless of any Fromage reasoning. It is total WIFOM at this point, which is another reason scum may have killed ika, to add confusion.

I will agree that scum could very easily have acted in such a fashion to cause confusion. However, with such a quick lynch, especially with votes seemingly bandwagoned off a weak case made by you which resulted in your vote, I feel at LEAST one of the last three votes on him is scum. Ika flipped town, which, instinctively, would lead to eyes being cast at Fromage. I think that was intentional, and as such am looking more at YGS. Granted, I definitely want to HEAR from Fromage before I can say for sure that what happened wasn't a case of scum framing. He claims it was just a bonehead play, and having been guilty of doing so before, I'm inclined to get more information before labeling him a liar about it.

In post 47, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Then you say I am a scum read for voting Kyndy, when I SPECIFICALLY said that I wasn't looking to quicklynch. But apparently I am more suspicious than the person who put the lynchee at L-1.

You've fingered 3 people(me, Texcat, and pistachi0n) without any good reasoning. Well, lets say one is bad reasoning(me), while Texcat and pistachi0n looks like you are fence sitting because you use very soft language, but it looks like you are trying hard to come off as scum hunting.

At this point in time, BMR, I'm having a hard time telling if that's really what you were doing seeing as you started a debate about WIFOM, the whole reaction test as opposed to a quick lynch, and that, combined with your interrogative (possibly rhetorical?) question on #41 when it's clear you won't get a response from the one person who could argue in favor of doing as he did make me suspicious of you. Granted, you're less a scum suspect than others, but I'm still not getting very town like vibes from you.

Texcat I am suspicious of because of what appears to be a focus play on Fromage. From a scum perspective, there would be two strong suspects in Ika and Fromage because of hammer and L1 respectively. I think Texcat is playing on that ease to target the obvious pick for the day and trying to force another mislynch, because it's a play that would be VERY easy to draw followers onto.

Pistachi0n, as I specified earlier in this post, is more a null read than anything. Granted her post this day phase is fluff, but her willingness to join discussion and tell a bit about herself when I asked day one (because quite honestly, making friends here is a positive, and when it shows openness to answering more important things later on if you're willing to give just a few basic facts, ie "I'm in college and I like scifi") feels more town compared to the rest of the game. I WOULD like to hear more from her, but at this point I'm more willing to believe she is town than scum.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 52, texcat wrote:
In post 44, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm willing to believe Fromage is being framed by the scum team here, making it look like the L1 on Kyndy was the scum instead of the hammer, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's scum.
This makes no sense whatsoever. Why would scum kill a mislynch target? You just speculated that they killed Ika because of his claim to "visit". And now you expect us to believe that they killed him to frame Fromage? Fromage doesn't need to be framed. He's entirely scummy enough on his own. Why are you protecting him? Why this convoluted argument that makes no sense about scum framing?

A Simple Plan wrote:But I will go ahead and throw this out there: Who are your top town reads right now, YGS?

One last thought I have, is that concealing one's thoughts until asked for them does seem very anti-town, YGS, and that's part of why you're still at the top of my list.

Really??? I guess you can ask, but town reads at under 50 posts? I do have a couple of scum reads, but I think it's way too early for town reads.
A Simple Plan wrote:Texcat I am suspicious of because of what appears to be a focus play on Fromage. From a scum perspective, there would be two strong suspects in Ika and Fromage because of hammer and L1 respectively. I think Texcat is playing on that ease to target the obvious pick for the day and trying to force another mislynch, because it's a play that would be VERY easy to draw followers onto.

From a scum perspective???? WTF does that mean? Why are you talking about the scum perspective? And if they are strong suspects, why the need to frame Fromage?

VOTE: A Simple Plan

First off, there is entirely the possibility that scum wanted to produce
both
results by killing Ika off. One, they target what is hinted at as a town PR, and two, they make Fromage look much worse for wear than he is. Killing Ika baffled us completely, and that's another thing scum probably hoped to do. There doesn't have to be just one motive for them to do what they did.

Second, I didn't ask who you think is town. I asked who your strongest reads in that direction are. I can understand not having strong town reads- I don't have strong town reads either, but I have people who certainly feel less scummy than others, and if you have everyone at the same level of scumminess, you either haven't been following or aren't bothering to make reads because as scum you wouldn't need to read anyone to try to determine alignment. Even smaller things should give you some thoughts, even if they're not strong.

Third, my strategy is to try to figure out WHY the scum team did what they did last night. Looking at things from another perspective gives me more to think about and gives me an opportunity to figure out who might be scum. Taking things from the perspective of "Fromage is town", killing off Ika is the easiest way to make him look like the bad guy and get him lynched, and two mislynches in a row with no leads would put scum in a good position. Ika being NKed makes me more and more convinced that Fromage is town, because if Fromage were scum, killing Ika would leave him as the obvious target and make it hard for him to dig himself out of a hole.

If you really feel like being progressive with this, Texcat, I've got a couple questions/requests for you.
1. Rank everyone remaining (excluding yourself, of course) from most to least scummy.
2. As asked in #46 By YGS, why the 1v1 scenario on voting Fromage or Ika? Is YGS jumping on the wagon as he did not included in the same realm of suspicion as Fromage (and as was Ika)?
3. What do you think of BMR's explanation of #41 on #51, the whole "don't think it's a non-controversial statement"?

Because I haven't addressed it yet either, I will say that I don't quite understand that explanation on #51 myself. Everyone else except Ika, it appears, is in agreement that his quick-hammer was definitely anti-town. Why that statement is controversial, I don't quite understand. Aside from Ika, who has a town motive for that hammer? Do you have any reasoning why Ika might have done that as town, BMR?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Sun May 31, 2015 11:12 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 58, texcat wrote:ASP, I have no idea why you continue to insist that scum are making Fromage look bad. That idea is just cockamamie. Why are you defending Fromage? And now I see that Fromage is defending you as well. I believe that by attacking me, Fromage is using what is called a chainsaw defense.

I'm defending Fromage because he's an obvious target. It would be VERY easy for scum to frame him because of the L1 vote on Kyndy. It was clear that the D2 target would be either The L1 or the hammer on the quicklynch, and with Ika hinting PR, not only would that be a motivation not to lynch him, but with him gone, it makes it very easy for scum to target Fromage. I am interested in getting more out of Fromage before I am willing to think he is scum than just one bonehead vote. I am Just Keeping all options available.

#63 from Pistachi0n feels very town-like. His argument is sound and makes sense. It's in line with my read on BMR as well.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 64, sthar8 wrote:I'd like to post in this dp if y'all don't mind. My vla ends tomorrow.

Then do it. 24 hours should be enough time to write something. The stall posts rather than being productive, without ever giving anything, seems suspicious.

@BMR: What answer were you expecting from your question in #41, since Ika obviously couldn't answer and nobody else thought it was pro-town?

To me, that question wasn't pro-town because it's trying to stir up discussion about the hammer and whether or not it is controversial, when the only person who disagrees with him is dead. By starting that discussion and professing the same thought we all are thinking, he hopes to appear town, but it comes across as an attempt to blend in with the town, and it isn't productive.

As far as Fromage, I like his #57; his mindset seems to be similar to mine, and I understand the mistake. The question toward Texcat is productive and allows an insight into Texcat's mindset for the game as well.

Pistachi0n is Fairly New, judging by her join date, but I like her logic, and she seems fairly town. I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Texcat right now?

YGS's #67 is finally explaining their thoughts, and I think that's a lot more productive than they have been so far. I disagree with the thought that my scum-read for concealing your thoughts was unsupported: you hadn't to that point posted any thoughts for me to site as evidence that you've done anything productive. The only thing you accomplished day one was jumping on the wagon, and so far in day two, you haven't given anything unless you've been asked for it. Providing what you have, I'm willing to say feels more productive than anything else so far from you, but I have to ask, what are your reads on others- Texcat, and sthar8 in particular?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 73, BlueMoonRising wrote:
pistachi0n wrote:Then in future posts, texcat continues to insist Fromage is scummy, but doesn't quote from or question anything Fromage says, just keeps bringing up the L-1.

Putting someone on level 1, knowing the could be quickhammered, is scummy in and of itself.

Then question: what was the point of the Kyndy wagon, if putting someone at L1 is scummy and less than L1 likely wouldn't accomplish anything?

L2 isn't typically going to draw a response one way or another from an experienced player. Like, I don't see how the fact that it was L1 itself is scummy. Jumping on a bandwagon without a good reason is scummy, but as has been specified, who, as town, would quick hammer like that? Surely Fromage wasn't expecting it, just as nobody else was, and the L1 was meant as a means of providing pressure on someone who made a scummy comment to get information, and not as a quicklynch.

Why is Fromage's vote to go to L1 so much scummiest than YGS's L2 vote, when YGS offered NO motive for his vote other than "Wagon"? At least Fromage explained his motive for voting. To me, YGS's vote felt like he was trying to force a quicklynch by jumping on a wagon. How is that less scummy that what Fromage did?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 75, BlueMoonRising wrote:Just because you have town motive for voting doesn't mean there can't be negative consequences to that vote. Any time you put someone at L1, there is more risk of a quicklynch than putting someone at L2. That is basic mafia 101.

I can see your point that YGS vote had less reasoning, and is scummy for that reason, but I don't think that cleares Fromage of suspicion.
I am willing to bet either Fromage or YGS is scum.

I suppose I can understand the logic that the risk is heightened for a quicklynch at L1 more so than L2, but I still see a more town-motivated vote from Fromage than from YGS. Fromage stated that he didn't know it was L1 until after he'd made the vote. It would have looked more scummy to unvote after giving a reason for his vote and not being given a reason to unvote, than to be the L1 on a quicklynch, in my opinion.

I am under the same impression you are in regard to the underlined portion of your quote, but I'm of the mindset that YGS's vote looked scummier by comparison to Fromage. That in no way clears Fromage, for sure, but I would be more willing to vote YGS than him at this point.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 80, texcat wrote:Even if you think that town would not hammer on purpose, you have to consider the possibility that scum will. Or that Ika will take the "don't hammer by accident" remark as a challenge. :roll:

I will continue to argue that it was scummy, but I do realize that town does scummy things all the time. Doing something scummy does not always mean you are scum.

So basically what you're saying is, that since both BMR and I are at L2, nobody should declare a vote for either of us despite our reads because someone could quick hammer? I think BMR looks incredibly scummy, and I would put him at L1, except according to you that's scum move number one, and I'm Justifiably Keeping my eye on you because to me that's just poor logic.

In post 83, You Got Schooled wrote:Alright, sorry guys, been real busy. Having a read and catching up properly

- Don't like this from Texcat. This is trying to set up the lynch for the following day. Note; why does Texcat attack Fromage for the L-1 vote and not ika for the hammer?

- #1 scum tell committed right here. 'Oh no, my #1 scum read died. Guess I'll have to reevaluate'. As if everybody else wasn't going to attack ika for his play as well.

Also, again, the blame is squarely being placed on Fromage's shoulders like he should have known that wagon was going to end in a lynch. The loaded question is just lolbad as well.

I highly doubt both scum would act in this way; attacking from the same angle. One of Tex and BMR are scum.

- This post from ASP can go either way for me. I can see it coming from scum defending the person who is very likely going to be under attack whilst their scum buddy does the attacking.

However, I can also see it coming from town who thinks that scum are going to try and take advantage of an opportunity that has been presented to them.

I'm leaning the latter because I like the majority of this post from ASP. He is questioning and scum hunting everybody and it feels like he is paranoid about everyone.

~BBT

In post 84, You Got Schooled wrote: - I like this post from Pistachion. Town points.

- BMR, I believe you have 2 other accounts no? MonkeyMan and beastcharizard...?

This post is also saying things that town would say. It feels forced though.

- Dislike this vote from Texcat. I'm town reading ASP right now and have liked his posting. It also appears to be an OMGUS after ASP showed suspicion of him.

- Another good post from Pistachion.

- Sure, you could have used that post to actually post some content though.

- ASP's thoughts pretty much mirror my own here in terms of who would be targeted after the D1 wagon.

- Pistachion, do you think it's likely that BMR and Tex are scum together?

- Why are you acting like Fromage should have known that Kyndy would be hammerd? He had no way of knowing, unless he has played with ika before, that ika was going to hammer that wagon. You're trying really hard to paint Fromage as scum here and I don't like it.

The fact is, Fromage's vote on the Kyndy wagon is null. Sure, he could be scum taking advantage of an early wagon and hoping for a lynch but it's also pretty ballsy for newbscum to try and pull off. Fromage's reasoning for his vote is pretty solid and I'm happy with it.

I like both these posts from YGS. They're putting in more effort and giving more reads. Pro-Town posts for sure, and they seem to have similar thoughts to me on the Kyndy lynch/Fromage's L1, which definitely feel pro-town.

In post 87, You Got Schooled wrote:OK, caught up.

VOTE: BMR

Question: Are you more sold with a lynch on BMR than on Texcat or on sthar8?

Question for YGS, Pistachi0n, Fromage: Between Sthar8 and Texcat, whom gives off stronger scum vibes?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 93, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
YouGotSchoold wrote:
- BMR, I believe you have 2 other accounts no? MonkeyMan and beastcharizard...?

No, beastcharizard is not me.

The wagon on me has no basis in logic, except that apparently some people don't think Fromage should have any responsibility for a L1 town vote.

In post 94, BlueMoonRising wrote:Speaking of which....I could have sworn I logged into BLR.

Fromage certainly does take some of the blame for his L1 vote, but there are multiple reasons not to lynch him for it this day phase:
-his posting, for the most part, has been town-minded. #57 explains the thought process on the L1 vote. #59 is emphasizing a question asked that Texcat ignored. #81 explains a read. All town-motivated actions.
-his L1 vote was, as stated, an attempt to move out of L1. Nobody in their right mind would hammer on Page 2, and Fromage made it known after the fact that he had made it L1 and for nobody to hammer. The fact that it happened was out of his control, and the argument on him is that his mistake was the second-biggest after Ika's on D1, and Ika is dead. That's a weak argument to begin with, and he has since shown town motivation, enough so that multiple players are convinced he's not the lynch target for the day. Your focus onto him is an easy route for scum to take, and is very suspicious.

On top of that, you're seemingly buddying another of my top scum reads in Texcat, and placed a vote on me because I present a possible scenario contrary to the one you think is certain in Fromage being scum, labeling it as WIFOM.

A few questions:
What is your read of Texcat right now?
What reads do you have on YGS and Pistachi0n?
If you scum read Fromage so badly, why is your vote on me?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

EBWOP:

And what's up with the repeated posting on MM? That account has as many posts this game as sthar8 does all game...

Speaking of which, what sthar8 is doing is about as good as lurking. I call his complete inactivity this game scummy. This is ridiculous...
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 64, sthar8 wrote:I'd like to post in this dp if y'all don't mind. My vla ends tomorrow.

In post 98, sthar8 wrote:
In post 70, A Simple Plan wrote:Then do it. 24 hours should be enough time to write something. The stall posts rather than being productive, without ever giving anything, seems suspicious.

Can you not fucking read? Or do you not know what v/la means?

I do apologize for making it sound like a personal attack; it was never meant as such. I don't recall the account being labeled as V/LA, and I missed the comment regarding it at the end of #64 because your lack of activity here was starting to piss me off and I never read past the seemingly sarcastic "if y'all don't mind." That comment made me pretty mad, and I had trouble not making it into a personal attack. But still, I don't like that it took almost 48 hours to go from #64 to #85, where you claim to have lost your only productive post to that point. I can understand losing it, but I'm still of the opinion that it would've been almost as quick to type up the same post you did in #97 as it was to make your comment in #85.

I do appreciate that you have similar thoughts about BMR and Texcat in your #99.
Question- Would you consider Texcat a scum read for you?
Question- What is your opinion of Fromage?
Question- Do you think, as of right now, BMR is the best lynch target for the day?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 102, You Got Schooled wrote:So, 3 people not voting.

Can we change that?

As of right now, I'm not certain who I want to vote for. I've got a strong scum read on BMR. I've got a significant scum read on Texcat. I'm not a fan of my interactions so far with Sthar. I am, so far, most interested in targeting one of the first two because my argument with Sthar to this point is about his inactivity; however, according to some people L1 is scummy, and I would like to actually use some of this day phase, since Day 1 was a mockery of how the game should be played, and I dislike the idea of starting a third possible wagon and stringing votes out even further.

In post 103, You Got Schooled wrote:That 17 day deadline is surely wrong as well?

~BBT

Not from what I can tell. Day Deadlines are 3 weeks, and we've only been going for a little over 96 hours (4 days) on Day 2.

In post 104, sthar8 wrote:
In post 100, A Simple Plan wrote:
I never read past the seemingly sarcastic "if y'all don't mind." That comment made me pretty mad, and I had trouble not making it into a personal attack.
So it made
you
angry at
me
that dumbass town hammered a RVS wagon 6 hours after I said I was going to bed, and I didn't get to make a game relevant post in day1? So angry that you couldn't bring yourself to read my one line post? That's not rational and I'm not going to account for your feelings being ridiculous.

No, I was mad that you had posted stalling posts saying you'll post later when, until very recently, you never did. I read "I'd like to in post this DP if y'all don't mind," and I said "Well fucking do it!" I get that you have a life, but I'm not interested in seeing stall posts while waiting 85 hours (12:27pm Saturday to 1:58am Wednesday, your time.) for a compilation of posts that were minimal for how much has been done, and posted over the span of 16 minutes, meaning they likely didn't take much more than that to write. I get that part of that was V/LA, but your account wasn't (to my knowledge) labeled as such, and we had no way of knowing other than one of your stall posts. If you're going to post, make your posts count.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 122, BlueMoonRising wrote:I'm here. I don't have much new to add. To me, the
WIFOM is way scummier
than people having the gal to actually suspect someone who put someone at level 1, especially considering the hammer is dead.
If I were mafia, killing ika was the perfect choice because of this very reason
, the L1 vote can raise their hands up in innocence and try to absolve themselves of any responsibility, and if they are scum, and successfull, then mafia basically just got away with a free mislynch.

The bolted parts of your statement introduces a whole new level of WIFOM in my eyes. If you are mafia, killing Ika would have been a good plan. Ika was killed by mafia. Therefore, you seem more likely to be mafia. But by stating this, you tend to be trying to avoid the lynch because of the appeal to the thought that scum would be way too bold to state their plan, therefore you are town. But if you are town, why is it that scum had the same plan you did? And in addition, you're introducing WIFOM, which is scummy in itself, as you have stated, which again, if it's scummy why are you using it? I have very little reason to suspect Fromage other than his L1 vote, and I honestly believe he was just in the wrong place on that lynch at the wrong time.

VOTE: BlueMoonRising

This is L1. Be careful not to repeat Ika's move, please.

Also, I like sthar's increasing activity and his questioning of BMR's mindset that I have explained my thoughts on above. I am willing to give it arrest for now, seeing as how you're starting to contribute from a seemingly town mindset.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Please Note
: I will be out of town tomorrow, and though I am due to return home tomorrow night, I do not expect to sign back on until Sunday morning.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 138, BlueMoonRising wrote:I am a jailkeeper. I visited texcat last night because she was the most pro town.

I'm calling you on your bullshit. Scum 100% guaranteed. Did you breadcrumb at all?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Was hoping to avoid having to fully counterclaim, but I'm JailKeeper.

In post 65, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm defending Fromage because he's an obvious target. It would be VERY easy for scum to frame him because of the L1 vote on Kyndy. It was clear that the D2 target would be either The L1 or the hammer on the quicklynch, and with Ika hinting PR, not only would that be a motivation not to lynch him, but with him gone, it makes it very easy for scum to target Fromage. I am interested in getting more out of Fromage before I am willing to think he is scum than just one bonehead vote.
I am
J
ust
K
eeping all options available.

I am JK = Jailkeeper
In post 88, A Simple Plan wrote:So basically what you're saying is, that since both BMR and I are at L2, nobody should declare a vote for either of us despite our reads because someone could quick hammer? I think BMR looks incredibly scummy, and I would put him at L1, except according to you that's scum move number one, and
I'm
J
ustifiably
K
eeping my eye on you because to me that's just poor logic.

Again, I'm JK.

Since this looks like a lynch, I want to publicly declare,
I AM TARGETING TEXCAT TONIGHT
. If I die tonight, Texcat isn't scum.
Reads:
Pistachi0n - conftown.
Fromage - reasonably strong town.
YGS - null/leaning town
Sthar - leaning town with his intent to hammer
Texcat - strong scum
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Wow... Just dammit. What the heck?! I was SURE Fromage was town! Ugh.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Good game guys
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:08 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

@ETL: I'm guessing you mean me not countering the kill on Ika, not Pistachi0n?

Also, I'm absolutely furious at myself. I had scum pegged with my target N1, and I coulda stayed on him and been freakin fine. But dammit, Texcat, stop making me scum read you lol
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:43 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Hey BBT- that a Hydra? Who's the other head, if you don't mind?

Also, for those who haven't seen it, the dead PT is hilarious. Kyndy: "town read on ASP". "I think BMR is town." Ika, long before the BMR flip: "YGS is scum".

Me at D3 start: "Texcat/Sthar" and then literally less than 8 hours later "oh FML, Fromage/YGS?!"
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

Why is thread getting about 800% faster posting rate than during the actual game?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

This is true. But yeah, BMR infuriated me so much. I was like "Should I go for Texcat or should I switch?" And I decided to target Texcat like I said I would. It was between he and Sthar, actually...
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 214, Fromage wrote:
In post 49, A Simple Plan wrote:I feel at LEAST one of the last three votes on him is scum.

That was a pretty good feeling. :cool:

Yeah, and then I town read the hell out if both of you (you especially, Fromage) by game's end. Ugh, why didn't I just listen to my freaking gut?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:21 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

I wasn't aware it was BBT, if we're being honest
Question:
I'm probably a big dumb idiot, but what's VCA, again?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

We finished on page 7. There've been three pages of discussion on how shitty we played.

Return to “Completed Open Games”