massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 am

Post by massive »

Egopost. Will catch up today.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:19 am

Post by massive »

I haven't been able to catch up as much as I would have liked today, but I feel like I should post some quick thoughts. I'm caught up since my substitution, for what little that's worth. Like OceanWind so far. I kept reading things about Imperium's huge push on the D1 lynch, and found a bit of time to go back and see what happened at the end of D1 and I saw this:

In post 977, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. The contradiction of jumping on Creeper’s wagon but later in the day Town reading the slot as “low hanging fruit”.
2. The insistence in voting the Kain slot (who had not posted in thread) over the claimed scum Bella slot (who actually had posted in thread) with the justification that Kain was obviously more scummy for having flaked yet not being able to support that position with anything other than “you don’t know site meta”.
3. Alternating waves of pointless sarcasm, claiming scum and Appeals to Emotion and Fear.
4. Hopping on every wagon that looks to save their own necks with that being the sole justification.
5. Complete void of scum-hunting from the slot.

and my immediate thought was, "someone has never played with ABR before." But I know Nacho has and I would bet a dollar Tammy has. So was this a fairly accurate summary of the points on ChurchOfMercy? Or is this just your own thoughts, Magna?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (isolation #2) » Mon May 02, 2016 5:17 am

Post by massive »

So far, just based on today, I don't see how anyone could convincingly say "this is Snarky's scum game / town game" because it's less of a game and more of a series of "nuh uh" posts.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (isolation #3) » Mon May 02, 2016 9:18 am

Post by massive »

Thanks for making me look at Snarky's ISO to see if that was true, Magna. I agree that Snarky doesn't have the force of personality to railroad an "easy lynch" on just about anybody. The "case" on Severa is a lot of "can we vote Severa now?" and not much else. I know some people can push magical reads as gospel without being willing to give any reasons (cough RADIANT COWBELLS cough) but if Snarky is trying this, he's failing pretty hard.

But I did find this gem

In post 1105, SnarkySnowman wrote:
A - I thought both CoM and Severa were scummy, but definitely not of the same alignment. I thought Severa/RC was way more likely to be scum than CoM. I wasn't wrong to not be on the CoM wagon, which I thought was probably town.

Sweet plea for towncred. Doesn't really match THIS

In post 871, SnarkySnowman wrote:Intent to vote CoM. I have no idea what the count is right now and don't want to derphammer.

but it's a good try.

VOTE: Snarky
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #4) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:30 am

Post by massive »

In post 1582, Ranger wrote:I'm mostly thinking scum are in {Virtue, OceanWind, Lowell, Ollie}.

In post 1584, Ranger wrote:{Virtue, OceanWind, Lowell, Ollie, massive} is where I'm focusing my effort on in my reread. Three of the names there are scum.

Did I do something in between these two posts to make you go, "Oh yeah, massive is scum!"
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (isolation #5) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 am

Post by massive »

In post 1595, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So massive why don't you elaborate on the fact why that set of quotes made you think Snarky was scum. That would be wonderful.

Trying to paint yourself as "right to stay away from the CoM wagon" directly contradicts a stated intent to hammer. Snarky was trying to change the narrative around his lack of participation on the CoM wagon.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (isolation #6) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:52 am

Post by massive »

Wait. You think I'm scum and you're willing to forgive other players based on associatives with my slot? Can you unpack that?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (isolation #7) » Fri May 06, 2016 9:53 am

Post by massive »

In post 1616, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Ok with this in mind I’d like your read on Killthestory. He initially help form the wagon and then jumped off to sideline his vote around here and there. He multiple times proclaims Church to be a bad lynch or Town. But he ends up going back to Church with such empty posts as .
Acknowledge I see this. I'll try and look now through the end of the work day. I'm usually VLA on the weekend but if I have internet connectivity out in the wilds of Colorado, I'll try and answer this. Look for it Monday at the latest.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (isolation #8) » Fri May 06, 2016 11:05 am

Post by massive »

"Helped form the wagon on CoM" is a stretch. His empty posts / empty votes aren't limited to CoM -- in fact, pretty much every vote from him D1 was an empty vote. He flips on Church between 285 and 412 so the main question is, what's in there that would cause him to flip his opinion?

... actually, between 381 (responds to COM calling them scummy) and 412.

I don't really see a reason to flip their opinion. I don't think they were quite as invested in COM's wagon as you seem to; in fact, I'd say he was protective of COM (trying to start counterwagons on Bella and my slot)

Man I don't know. This is a preposterous statement:
In post 446, Killthestory wrote:Are you fucking stupid? I was the one who started the CoM fucking wagon and put the most pressure on him. I just feel he's town, and that Bella is definitely scum
and this
In post 464, Killthestory wrote:CoM's later on posts regarding AtE gave me bad vibes, but his early posts gave me good vibes.
is in direct contradiction to what actually happened, and that was that COM's early posts caused Kill to scumlean him and complain about them doing anything at all.

So I'm not crazy about Kill. His ratio of noise to signal makes it tough to read though.

------

Why does Kill shoot RC overnight? Is RC that much harder to mislynch than Severa in that slot?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (isolation #9) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:02 am

Post by massive »

1713 just removed any doubt I had that Imperium wasn't town.

OceanWind -- I want you to townread me, so what can I do to help move you in that direction? I may not have the quantity of posts that other players might, but surely I can post something in terms of quality that can be helpful.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (isolation #10) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am

Post by massive »

In post 1735, OceanWind wrote:
What of made you townread Imperium? I mean, I get why ate-ish posts get townread but I'm asking for more specifics.

Because Tammy expertly stated exactly how I feel about being scum as well, and since it's something I 100% identify with, it gives me a lot more confidence in equating her play here with my own play in my town games. Having the Tammy head be the dominant head actually works out for me nicely, because I can't read Nacho for shit.

And I've been on the Tammy side of these discussions -- just usually AFTER the game is over, and invariably it's with other town. So I'm on Ocean-town, Magna-town, and man it's starting to look like the scum are just letting you drown them out.

VOTE: Masquerade

Nothing Masquerade has said so far shown any sign of scumhunting. Voting me for a half-meta reason for my predecesor, townreads based on pre-flip associatives, plus hey OMGUS is a thing.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (isolation #11) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 am

Post by massive »

Magna, do you have any townreads?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (isolation #12) » Wed May 11, 2016 8:15 am

Post by massive »

In post 1816, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1805, massive wrote:Magna, do you have any townreads?
Yup. Not nearly as many as before as they keep getting killed. Imperium is clearly my top Townread.
Any point to the question?
I'm trying to see the difference in how you treat your town reads vs. others.

Titus
: Was there anything other than the "personal attacks" / style of play from OceanWind that prompted your vote? Is there a game benefit for scum-OW to take that stance on Tammy's comments and then replace out?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (isolation #13) » Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 am

Post by massive »

In post 1838, Ranger wrote:{massive, RachMarie} both hold no opinion of me and even if they're not scum, they'd probably join my wagon
I am not interested in lynching you today.
In post 1847, Masquerade wrote:Unless someone can stop the kill (don't say anything!) then we might have some more breathing room.
Nice soft fish for the known jailkeeper and doctor. It's an open setup for crying out loud.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (isolation #14) » Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 am

Post by massive »

Titus, why aren't you suspicious of me?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (isolation #15) » Tue May 17, 2016 9:59 am

Post by massive »

In post 1899, Ranger wrote:Pretty sure I haven't called the massive slot scum. That's a slot I need to confirm is town.
I'm down. It would help me to get an idea where you are coming from too, because I'm not anywhere near confident of you being scum like some of the others seem to be. What can I answer that would be helpful?

Return to “Completed Open Games”