Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (isolation #1) » Mon May 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I kinda feel like hammering but Im nowhere near read up.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (isolation #2) » Mon May 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Ah come on I just reached page 51 and was about to state intent.

:P
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (isolation #3) » Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Haha you're funny.

I'm not going to be able to compile all my thoughts from 62 pages in one go and I don't do tierlists.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (isolation #4) » Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I kinda only have boring reads rn, Ranger and RC are town and imperium could be scum. I liked nosferatu's posts. I haven't read enough to have somethign really decent though.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (isolation #5) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Masquerade »

I started reading from page 1 during night (instead of from Day 2..) and I came to page 34. I read superficially, and I kinda thought jim (he's still in the slot where I ended) was town.. Imp is actually probtown as well. I kind of digged the scumreads on Ollie much earlier.
I don't have strong opinions on anyone (the only one I was sure that's town was RC fyi) I still have about half the thread to read up on, and when I'm done with that I plan to iso a handful of players as I can only focus on so much at one time. Not sure who yet but Ranger will be one of those as she's getting heat rn.
While reading up I'll also keep up with the new posts so I don't get behind more. And if anyone wants to help me out; it will help my focus if I'm asked questions because rn I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack..
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (isolation #6) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1593, Lowell wrote:Oh. Okay. Would have been nice to get a notice to that effect of some type.

That would have been nice idd.
About your hydra-question: do you mean for here? I don't know what the rules about that are, I never hydra'd before. But if the mod allows it I'm ok with finishing this game together.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (isolation #7) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Masquerade »

Will get back later, time for dinner.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (isolation #8) » Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Why do most of you make such huge posts?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (isolation #9) » Thu May 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I love reading actually, but I just had to read up on 65 pages of a game which consist for a big part of long walls. And they don't do anything for me. I suck at catching up. Also, I started reading Day 2 when I replaced in, when Night started I began reading from the start so the reads I posted before nightfall were all based on Day 2.

I don't remember exactly what it was that made me townread Jim, but Alone pinged me with a post and my gut is telling me Ranger is scum so I'm going to look into that slot in a bit and elaborate on that later.
It wasn't all that hard to see Severa was RC, but that could be hindsight because I had obviously already seen the playerlist. He was also obvtown. So I'm also going to take a harder look at the people that voted him.
I don't have a huge problem with the Snarky-lynch. I agreed with the reasons for scumreading him and I do find him hard to read. I usually scumread him, regardless of his alignment. And ongoing reasons.

If I had to name 3 suspects rn it would be Ranger, Massive (Acryon doesn't PL as town) and Virtue. Ranger and Massive I'm quite confident in rn, Virtue not so much but it's all still superficial. I'll dig into iso's later but I'm gonna be busy next few days with mother's day preps and work so time will be sparse.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (isolation #10) » Fri May 06, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Masquerade »

Just read Bella/Virtue and I don;t believe they're scum with Massive and I'm pretty confident that slot is scum so Virtue can be town for now.
Might have some free time later to do another iso. Also, got transferred back to box office so might be able to read more tonight.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (isolation #11) » Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Masquerade »

Not slow enough to read up at work sadly. Gonna have to wait. it is however slow enough to keep up with new posts so if anyone wants to talk, shoot.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (isolation #12) » Fri May 06, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Masquerade »

The 'for now' is key. It hints to how I will reevaluate my read on Virtue in case I'm wrong about Massive. But I happen to know Acryon does not PL as town and here he started out suggesting a PL on kain. And nobody has responded to that yet so I might need to put in more power in my statement.

VOTE: massive

I will get to in-depth reads later, most likely will not finish them this weekend because busy with mother's day as well (lots of prepping).
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (isolation #13) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Ye but when *we* didn't know Severa was RC is what he means I think.

Just got home from work, little tipys very late, not gonna read anything anymore, maybe later today after I slept.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (isolation #14) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I dunno, I liked Nosferatu when I began my catching up but that feeling has disappeared completely.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (isolation #15) » Fri May 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1618, Ollie wrote:But actually... no interest in reading the game or engaging with anyone, but still wants to hydra...
In post 1594, Lowell wrote:well GL masq.... let me know if you need a hydra partner...
Does anyone have any knowledge of if Lowell prefers being town or scum?
How is that relevant?

I don't know Lowell, never played with him before, maybe he asked because he saw my joindate? I'm an alt btw.
Reading mafia-games is a LOT different from reading a book. A book usually has a storyline it won't deviate from, or only for a few chapters to catch back later, and it's already written.
Here there's dozens of people with hundreds of opinoins that can be interpreted a thousand ways.
Finish that thought yourselves.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #16) » Fri May 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1615, massive wrote:Wait. You think I'm scum and you're willing to forgive other players based on associatives with my slot? Can you unpack that?
I think I did but if I didn't you'll let me know, right?
I feel like I forgot something I should respond to and I don't think that^ was it.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (isolation #17) » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Sorry for slacking off. I had the weirdest night where I suddenly lost power, then internet, and a lot of sleep trying to fix it all. And then mother's day today. Will get to this tomorrow.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (isolation #18) » Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Oceanwind (irt )
1. Haven't gotten the chance yet, sadly. The hinting at a PR in her pinged me when I caught up with the latest posts, but that's the closest thing to something concrete I have rn.
2. I don't remember if I read that, I skimmed over a lot but I do remember I hesitated and looked into several other games. It's something I can;t yet really elaborate on until a specific game is over. I think I repeated several times there were ongoing reasons, so why are you pushing me to elaborate on this?
3. That's simply a pre-flip association. I do those, it's automatic, and it's not set in stone. I will reconsider once I see a flip, and we can only lynch one player a day so I don't really see a problem with that. Titus' first posts after replacing in with her main make me lean town on her individually.
4. I was more certain of my Acryon/Massive-read (well, more an opinion than a read I guess since I still have to properly look at them) than my Ranger-read. I said Ranger was based on gut, you apparently got the reason for my Massive-vote, I don't get where you're trying to go with this question?

And as I'm reading along I'm liking Magna a lot and Ocean not so much.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (isolation #19) » Mon May 09, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Masquerade »

Also, I broke my glasses today so reading will be slower. But I can still read so finally do some isos tonight.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (isolation #20) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I've lost entire motivation to play due to all the freakishly long posts in this thread. I try to read and I'm reading so much that I'm overflowing.
So here's a small thing and ask me anything and I'll elaborate because I don't know where to start.
I think Magna is town, I think Ocean is scum, I think Nosferatu could be scum as well, I don't know about Ranger it was gut but Jim and alone feel town to me, Ollie is probably town as well, I know Acryon isn't around to answer me about the PL-thing but you know, I always see wine in everything and it would have been a good wifom-defense if Acryon/Massive is idd scum. Imperium I;m still reading as town though I barely read any of their posts. Please add tl'dr and then delete everything you wrote before that ty. Titus might be town too. Those I didn't name haven;t made enough of an impression either way to get stuck into my head and are therefor null.

VOTE: Oceanwind
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (isolation #21) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1782, Nosferatu wrote:why are you on the ocean wind wagon?
Because I think he's scum.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (isolation #22) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Masquerade »

@Nosferatu: Because I didn't like his responses to Magna and his questions to me seemed weird. What did you think of the responses I made and how Ocean reacted to those?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (isolation #23) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by Masquerade »

No that was just a coincidence.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (isolation #24) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Masquerade »

What did you think of the answers I gave?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (isolation #25) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1793, Nosferatu wrote:Why does it matter?
I don't know yet, I'm lost and I'm just grabbing onto anything rn to get some engagement.

@Magna: I'm aware you feel that way and repeating it isn't going to make me suddenly change my mind on it. I have issues with concentration so I JUST CANNOT READ WALLS. Now leave me alone about it. I like mafia and this is the first game I ever played on MS that has such a shitstorm of walls. I like playing with RC, mainly because he is able to get his point accross, get people lynched, without a SINGLE wall in his entire iso. Ranger's walls are easier to read than Imp's because of how it's editted. Magna, I know you always or at least usually post big and yours aren't too hard to follow either. It's mostly Imp with those flat gigantic walls of text. I'm not reading those. Good thing that the stuff I did read from them is making me think they're town so I don't need to read them now either. (And before people start, ofc I will reconsider my read on them if there's a situation asking for it)
Now, you mind talking to me about my reads instead of my personal playstyle?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (isolation #26) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1803, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Can you only engage with a game when people go out of their way to poke and prod you directly?
Part of what I base my reads on is how people interact with me because I'm the only alignment I'm certain of (you know, I know my role pm) So yeah, a huge part of getting more in-depth reads for me is interacting with players. Sadly, I am not the most social of people so I do have a bit of a hard time coming up with stuff to talk about myself.
I think why I'm having a hard time with the 1st 2 days is because I can see myself joining both wagons. So that makes it harder for me to critisize the people on those wagons. I do want to have a look at what people posted as reasons for joining a wagon, but haven't had the motivation for that yet.
(It would probably be a really good idea to hydra with someone that's reasonably good at what I lack but that's not a discussion for here)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (isolation #27) » Wed May 11, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Masquerade »

Ranger, I'm getting the feeling you're avoiding talking about your reads. How come you are spending so much time talking to Magna, whom you are townreading? You're not voting so you're not pushing any kind of case and you've been putting off reads for a while now. Not used to that from you. Never saw you as scum. 1+1=2

VOTE: Ranger
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (isolation #28) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 am

Post by Masquerade »

Ranger, I've never seen you so disengaged with the game before. I've also never played with you that you were scum and meta doesn't do anything for me. I need to interact and meta-reads don't give me that option. So interact with me and with others and start pointing stuff out.
How come you are not sure of anything?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (isolation #29) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Masquerade »

Blitz 22 took all of 2 days because the cult targetted me and completely suicided. That's not a good example of your play to me.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (isolation #30) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Masquerade »

AND there were 2 modkills on town.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (isolation #31) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1832, Ranger wrote:I'm not sure of anything. There's no "because" in there. I don't have confidence. Heck, for all I know, the townreads I insist upon (MagnaofIllusion, Imperium, Killthestory, Nosferatu) could be wrong. I really don't think they are and, frankly, if I had to reread the entire game while also rereading every single living player looking at every single one of their posts to try and determine their alignment, I don't think I could do it.
And for this, I know exactly how you're feeling (if it's real and not scum-ate) because I'm feeling the same way. But at least I'm trying to work with what I can do and I don't even see you do that. You can always be wrong in any game you're in, how is this game different?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (isolation #32) » Thu May 12, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1836, Ranger wrote:You're being awfully convenient with your choice of knowledge in me.
Then let me put it in another way that I was hoping not to have to point out: I was scum so my perception in that game was completely different from this one. Also, with 2 townies modkilled day 1 after they've been clogging the thread with their arguments was a good enough reason to be disengaged from the game at all, so yes, I'm discarding that one.

And how exactly are you at risk of being the next misslynch? Because I'm the only one here voting you so that's really not a lot of pressure for you to be overly occupied with defending yourself.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (isolation #33) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Oh lol didn't even realize I had that many votes yet.

Anyway, busy weekend, only here to announce I'm putting a v/la.
Mod
I'll be v/la through this weekend due to work and party.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (isolation #34) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Don't lynch me btw, it will be lylo if you do with 3 scum vs 4 town so nto a good idea. We need to find scum. Unless someone can stop the kill (don't say anything!) then we might have some more breathing room. Anyway, now would be a good time to let me know what it is you guys want from me because I'm sitting on a scumread on Ranger and I have absolutely no idea how to move forward. So ASK ME QUESTIONS AND ENGAGE WITH ME SO I CAN PROPERLY DEFEND. And stop it with Lowell was scum so lets vote Masq because I CAN'T DEFEND AGAINST THAT.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (isolation #35) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Oh ffs why can't I count?

Nvm...
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (isolation #36) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Masquerade »

It will be 3 vs 5.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (isolation #37) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by Masquerade »

That's still lylo actually.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (isolation #38) » Fri May 13, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Masquerade »

It has nothing to do with rolefishing. It is the situation we are in rn: if we lynch town today, and scum are succesful in killing town tonight, we're in lylo tomorrow. With
scum alive. Maybe if I worded it this way before it would have been better but I think I already mentioned I can be awkward here. Not sure, I may have said so in another game. Shouldn't matter because most of my games have most of you guys in it anyway.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (isolation #39) » Fri May 13, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Masquerade »

and
if
scum*
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (isolation #40) » Fri May 13, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Masquerade »

I'm btw posting from work rn, not able to do intensive reading but I'm here for short posts if anyone wants to talk.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (isolation #41) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Masquerade »

Why should she be suspicious of you?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (isolation #42) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Masquerade »

Because I'm bored at work but it's just nhot slow enough for me to read isos :(
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (isolation #43) » Fri May 13, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Masquerade »

Yeah I don't do desperate. I only do frustrated so now PLEASE READ ME FOR ME AND NOT FOR LOWELL BECAUSE I CANT DEFEND AGAINST ANY OF THAT> If I didn't know my slot'sd alignment i might even agree with you.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (isolation #44) » Fri May 13, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Masquerade »

Anyway, will catch up properly later, time to clean up here..
And Kts, I did see you were reading me for me, i will pay extra special attention to your post when I get home (or when I wake up, depends on how clean-up goes and how soon I wanna go to bed0
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (isolation #45) » Fri May 13, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Masquerade »

And that's not AtE. I'm emotional. I'm female. And I haoppen to be on my preiod. Which sucks. And the keyboard at work sucks too.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (isolation #46) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1869, Killthestory wrote:IVE BECOME IMPORTANT.

Masq is scum mainly because of his predecessor, and he hasn't necessarily helped himself. When it came to Lowell, Lowell posted little. When he did post, it felt off. In the last game I played with Lowell, the guy didn't seem to like me. He got me lynched because he didn't like my playstyle and thought it was scummy.

Then you have this game where in the early game Lowell was buddying the fuck outta me. He said he was gonna sheep me to victory or some shit and that I was town. That's a major jump from one game to another. It felt insincere, and his pushes lacked any sort of genuine scumhunting. It was just scummy as fuck.
I don't know why Lowell did this, obviously, but did you flip town that last game? Maybe that has something to do with it. And what was Lowell's alignment that game?
Then you have Masq who's pushing good cases, but I disagree. Any case can be made to look good in the eyes of others, but it isn't necessarily true. Any mafia player knows this to be true since some players convince themselves that another town is scum when they're town. So while Masq's pushes might have looked good, I disagree with them because I'm currently townreading a couple of the people he's pushing. His defense also is lacking any sort of passion a townie might have. Not, like, anger, but more of a certain desperation. I'm feeling Masq more like an entrapped animal rather than a desperate townie trying to make others see reason.
Well I wasn't 100% confident in my Acryon/Massive-read and couldn't elaborate (and still can't yet) because of ongoing so I can see why you feel that way about this case. I'm going to try and put more passion in my Ranger-case when I have more time. Not sure if I can do that but I think that's my problem and that's why I keep being scumread as town.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (isolation #47) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Masquerade »

Triggerhappy finger, I also meant to post this in that one^
In post 1884, Killthestory wrote:WHY IS EVERYBODY FEMALE AND I KEEP ASSUMING THEY'RE MALE

also, ok, i understand. see if you were a guy id have mistook that for AtE, but im a gentleman and would never do that to an attack chopper
Yeah that was kind of my goal last night and now I feel really bad about doing that because I want you to get off my back because I posted something towny, not something personal. I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (isolation #48) » Tue May 17, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Masquerade »

Ranger, what's the difference between Snarky and me?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (isolation #49) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Masquerade »

So rn I'm thinking massive and Ocean are town. Gonna take a break and come back later for more reads.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (isolation #50) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Masquerade »

Oh but I didn't read Acryon so that read is purely based on what massive has done so far. I might read him later.

Return to “Completed Open Games”