{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sun May 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Ranger »

I wonder if shotty thinks he was bussed hard?
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sun May 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

Well if we're gonna play this the way the game's
supposed
to be played and not let us have fun then, guess I don't have much of a choice but to share my actual thoughts.

{texcat, Murdercat}
{SirCakez, Persivul}
{Kappy}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
VOTE: Aneninen.
For
not
bussing so hard.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Ranger »

{texcat, Murdercat}
{SirCakez, Persivul}
{Kappy, Chip Butty}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Ranger »

{texcat, Murdercat}
{SirCakez, Persivul, karnos}
{Robert E Me}
{Kappy, Chip Butty, GreyICE}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Tue May 24, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Ranger »

Shadow_step wrote:Can you explain how this works?
I can!
{texcat, Murdercat, Persivul}
{SirCakez, karnos}
{Robert E Me}
{Chip Butty}
{Kappy, GreyICE}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Tue May 24, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Ranger »

Shadow_step wrote:do it then please.
I will!
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Tue May 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

{SirCakez, karnos, drmyshottyizsik}
{Robert E Me}
{Chip Butty}
{Kappy, GreyICE}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Wed May 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Ranger »

GreyICE wrote:Does Ranger intend to keep making these lists for the entire game with no explanation?
Perhaps.
{SirCakez, karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Chip Butty}
{Robert E Me}
{Kappy, GreyICE, Aneninen}
{Shadow_step}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #139 (isolation #9) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Ranger »

GreyICE wrote:So Ranger, what changed between the two lists I posted?
A common mistake is the belief a player in my list must have posted for there to be a change.
This is not necessarily true. There could be two other common ways for my opinion to change: players near that player posting, or players posting either about those players or on the player themselves. The latter happened. Persivul posted about you; SirCakez posted about Kappy. I happened to agree with both of them, ergo, you two both moved down, producing the illusion Chip Butty had moved up.

All my reads have a trigger. When I feel like it, I may explain them. I see no reason to at this moment.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Thu May 26, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Ranger »

GreyICE wrote:A convenient way to say others are doing your reasoning and abrogate all responsibility for your reads.
The lists speak for themselves. I am held accountable for players' positioning on them, regardless of whether reasoning is given or not.
Still in a setup with multiple cops you should be aware you'll draw investigations like corpses draw flies, so I'm not worried about you.
I'd draw investigations anyway. Every Ranger veteran here has been smoked by scum!me at least once. (Well, maybe not Persivul, though Pick Your Power was close.) Even for those without a brush with my scumgame, they hold my townplay to a high standard and expect two things of me: one, accuracy, two, for me to be a corpse by D3, usually via nightkill. (I still say burden of proficiency is a fallacy, doesn't stop them from using it.)

The main concern I have this game is being offed before I can explain, since no matter the amount of faith players place in my reads, not often do they blindly sheep me on my word alone. So I guarantee you that short of some idiots quicklynching a player, I'll explain before the end of the day. Right now is too soon.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Thu May 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Ranger »

I could tell you right here and now that even if I hadn't had multiple games' worth of experience with karnos, he would be a strong townread.

Given those games, he is arguably my strongest townread. So, uh, yeah. Not lynching him. He's town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #180 (isolation #12) » Thu May 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Ranger »

{texcat, Murdercat, Persivul, karnos}
{SirCakez, drmyshottyizsik, Chip Butty}
{Robert E Me}
{Kappy, GreyICE, Aneninen}
{Shadow_step}
Some of these reads are on the verge of changing. (Four, to be more specific.) I'm waiting on more to be sure.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:03 am

Post by Ranger »

So my scumreads haven't changed all that much. I know they're not all right, and the order's probably in need of adjustment, but my reads are basically the same otherwise.

What has changed is that we're reaching the point where I'm willing to explain; I'll elaborate on my reads tomorrow.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #293 (isolation #14) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Ranger »

GreyICE wrote: Not only is it basically designed to be perfect for scum play - you get to sit out the most important part of the game for reading scum alignment, the early game where the skills of players and shape of the game is not apparent. That's obvious. It's a game play style that is designed to sacrifice some percentages for your town game to boost your scum game, which I find a little obnoxious.
Actually, quite the opposite.

Readslists are very hard for me to fake. Especially when I do decide to eventually explain them. My style
is
lazy as town, but it's not without benefits. There are pieces of information that I can only get by not explaining where my reads come from, namely, watching others try to interpret them. There are also pieces of information I can only get by explaining where my reads come from, sure, but I can do the latter at any point in the game. I can only do the former prior to the latter. I come from a site where the RVS is constantly analyzed. The early game is one of the most important stages. So I try to interfere with it as little as possible, while contributing content which still furthers the gamestate by being worthy of discussing.

It usually works quite well. You did point out the Achilles' heel of my style, being that I require others to actually post in order for it to be effective, though I say I could still read players if everyone used my style given that it's
my
style and I can generally spot fakers.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #296 (isolation #15) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

So...
{texcat, Murdercat}
{SirCakez, Persivul}
{Kappy}
{Shadow_step, Aneninen}
Starting with this. texcat immediately became a top townread for . It was exactly the RVS I was expecting from town. I also really liked : texcat is relaxed and feels natural this game. Now, I'd have to double-check my games with texcat to confirm, but this attitude is in general what I look for in town players in the RVS: natural, casual posting. Since then, nothing has weakened that read. asks a good question about shotty. latches onto something which I don't think is accurate, but feels sincere. I liked the elaboration in as well. At this stage, I should probably look at my prior games with texcat to confirm, but for the time being, I have no problems calling her town.

Murdercat was a mild townread for : the unvote rather than vote weakened it, as does the fact that Murdercat was not in the game, so wouldn't have the same reason to vote him. What drove him up there was the elaboration in : I buy it. Nothing since then has thrown the read into question. was definitely a good start, albeit one I currently disagree with. It's not much, but for this point in time, it's good enough.

SirCakez immediately became a townread for , but not a top-tier townread because while I think it was a good, natural RVS, it wasn't impossible to be scum, especially as he was the first poster. was on point in regards to Kappy. was another good post. I liked furthering his point and also his push against Aneninen. This is furthered in . These strong, early pushes all look good for SirCakez.

He is not, however, a top townread, because the pushes get weaker and more inconsistent later-on. For instance, calling karnos vs. GreyICE likely townVtown, but wondering why I have a townread on karnos. He's one of the players I want more from, and that continues to be true. If he's scum, I'm sure I'll catch him eventually, but right now I wouldn't focus on him.

Persivul shared the tier with SirCakez because of . What kept him from getting up to the texcat tier is that he actually left additional commentary in his post, sort-of breaking the chain. I was anticipating town to just keep on following the chain up until shotty got to L-1, without reasoning attached. The first thing which pushed him up to top-tier was , his first push on GreyICE. I was seeing similar things (more on that later), yet I was not giving my reasoning, so he couldn't have copied me. His paranoia of me in is understandable, and combining this with the GreyICE push, he's my strongest townread now.

Kappy's was null to me at the time: it broke the chain (which I thought was bad), but it also seemed to be based off of an experience of equivalence to the 634 crowd's shotty bussing. left a bad taste in my mouth, but it was mostly a gut thing. came across as being faked. / rubbed me the wrong way too. comes across as newbscum who doesn't know how to defend themselves. is another post which feels fake. I did think the vote on me in was slightly more likely to come from scum's first time with me than town's. Then we got , again, feeling like scum who doesn't know how to respond to pressure. Which is why Kappy is now a scumread.

Shadow_step comes from the very awkward nature of . It broke the flow, and just stood there awkwardly. I also didn't like . I also didn't like . All in all, it's mostly a gut read, but I haven't been fond of what he's posted.

Aneninen is actually a read I did describe; people just missed it and wrote it off:
For not bussing so hard.
This was a serious vote reason, not some throwaway joke. Aneninen was the
only
veteran of 634 that did not vote shotty and reference bussed so hard. (Including shotty himself!) Instead, we got an entirely unrelated RVS on Persivul in . I also dislike the callout of illegal content in . The wall in did help slightly, since Aneninen pressured GreyICE, but otherwise...nothing Aneninen has said since then has spoken out one way or another. I'm used to Aneninen becoming obviously town, and this game...he isn't. did contain some nice Kappy pressure though.

So, this covers half my reads. I'll cover the other half in a separate post.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Ranger »

For Chip Butty, my read started out as null: I didn't get much out of . The vote in was alright, but I was hoping for more from it. My opinion on him started to improve with posts like , or more specifically, the followthrough . meshed really well with my thoughts at the time, and not in a sheepish manner. was townish as well. was a decent observation. also jives well with me. It is also a more town-based reaction to first-time interaction with me than Kappy's was. Honestly one of the only things which kept him from being a top-tier townread was his GreyICE defense, thinking GreyICE is dumb instead of just scum.

Robert E Me is currently my null tier, maybe nulltown. I liked the naked Kappy vote in , but it wasn't a very strong reason to think him town. Jumping in to sheep the growing GreyICE wagon in (note that GreyICE got to L-2) was also something that on the one hand, I agree with (GreyICE looks scummy), but on the other hand, was a bad vote to randomly pop in with. I don't, however, like the current wagon on him, which has the distinct vibe of being a scum counterwagon to GreyICE.

For shotty, was an alright entrance into the game. I really, really loved , when he decided to be serious. His vote on GreyICE in , contrasting Robert's, felt reasonable and natural. Overall, this shotty may not have contributed much, but everything he
has
contributed has looked town.

Then there's karnos. I've had previous experience with karnos, his first game in fact. Here I'm seeing a lot of the same. I liked his ; it felt like a natural RVS in contrast with, say, Aneninen's. The bits of defensiveness in his iso are not the best since I don't remember him showing that as town, but once he started to go on the offensive, I saw more and more of the karnos I was expecting. This started taking off strongly at about . was a good post. His defense on himself also feels town: instead of defending himself to save himself, in , he is redirecting the accusation on him to further pursue his reads, explaining his stance
and
furthering it. is another solid push against GreyICE. was another good point, and I loved the explanation in . In essence, karnos is picking up steam and getting rolling, which is what I expect of his towngame.

And then there's GreyICE. stuck out to me. Sure, town could legitimately have a not random vote. (I did!) Sure, town could even declare it as such. But I happen to side with karons here, in that I don't see GreyICE's pursuit of karnos as being town. The scumread really took off with , which felt not only fake, but also active lurking: something meant to look town, without actually being town. Focusing on the setup instead of on scumhunting. His reaction in is even worse. It was extremely fabricated tone-wise. doesn't sound any better. is doubt-casting on both Persivul and myself, which is more typical from a scum player. So's . Nothing has really changed my opinion of him since then.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #303 (isolation #17) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Ranger »

So!
After actually verbalizing my reads, and listening to my own words, I have to backtrack here:
There actually
are
changes. Significant ones! Just talking about my reads has helped me.

Where I'm at right now:
{Persivul, karnos, Chip Butty, Murdercat}
{texcat, drmyshottyizsik, SirCakez, Robert E Me}
{Shadow_step}
{Aneninen, Sickofit, Psyche}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #304 (isolation #18) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Ranger »

Kappy: 4 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty, drmyshottyizsik)
This was the first wagon of note. It looks like an all-town wagon on Kappy.
GreyICE: 4 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik)
Kappy: 3 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty)
This is the beginning of the GreyICE wagon. If there's scum there, it's Aneninen.

Then, Robert E Me votes in . This leads to , where GreyICE is at L-2.

Chip Butty's vote in was reasonable. Then we get from texcat, and immediately, from SirCakez. These aren't so great.

We end up with this:
GreyICE: 5 L-2 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Robert E Me)
Robert E Me: 3 (Chip Butty, texcat, SirCakez)
...with karnos .

So right now, I kind-of want to lynch Psyche. Though Shadow_step is lower on my tiered list, {texcat, SirCakez} are my top sorting priorities.
VOTE: Psyche.
Back to L-2 you go.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #309 (isolation #19) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

Robert requested replacement.
Mod didn't announce it here, but it's in the replacement request thread.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #353 (isolation #20) » Sun May 29, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:Docs: I believe Docs should never claim in this setup, even after they have completed their night of activity.
Not quite.

If there's a night with no kills, a doctor for that night should claim their protection target. Obviously, there would be the slight risk scum chose to no-kill and hope they got saved, "clearing" scum, but we'd cross that bridge if we came to it, and they'd have to have some massive guts in order to pull this off: sheer probability would dictate a protection would be on town, and every night they choose not to nightkill is a chance for an extra day (via a legitimate doc save later), not to mention, every time they choose not to off a player, they're letting a cop (who could investigate them) live. Ergo, most likely, if a doctor protects someone and there's no kill that night, the person they protected is PROBABLY town.
Aneninen wrote:Ranger, read that post again! Doesn't it sound like he's afraid of you?
I'm not arrogant enough to assume any player (even scum ones) are afraid of me until I'm already a corpse. (Or I have a role stopping them from killing me.) I do think GreyICE's discredit of me was strategic though!

As for ,
Does that make Robert town? Nah. Parking a vote on a buddy like that is super weak. They don't get lynched from pressure votes. If they do get lynched they're free town cred. Distancing. Or just going after weak town.
This is talking about a town player.
Who is town? Percy. Man sucks at lynching me for lousy made up shit, but that's his ego. In his rare better moments he realizes his "case" is really, really dumb and pokes to look elsewhere. If I just bowed down and kowtowed like he wants he'd do something useful. Sadly I'm not playing that game so he's replacing out rather than admit he's wrong. As scum he'd have too much pride. Wouldn't replace out because he botched on getting a townie lynched.
Shotty is town. Unlike he's like scum with oercy, but nah. Too damn honest. Sotty scum is not hard. No panic, no fear.
These are talking about town players.
Texcat? Town. Easy. Freebee.
Aninen? Like to say town. Probably. Natural.
Kappy.., so many oosts, so many one liners. Ranger vote is trash. If he's scum Ranger is town 110%.
Shadow is Def town.
These are not talking about all town players. GreyICE has at least one scumbuddy in here, and maybe both.
Can't we lynch ChipButty Today?
Considering a lot of your case on him relies on GreyICE/Psyche being scum?

No.

By the way, if people really want me to address why Sickofit's page 13 posting is scum, I will, but...it's really, really obviously scum. Like, stronger than GreyICE, scum. (The Psyche wagon is just larger.) If we're not lynching Psyche today, we're lynching Sickofit. No other lynches today are acceptable, and no claims they make should let them off the hook. Mkay?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #355 (isolation #21) » Sun May 29, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Ranger »

Ranger wrote:If we're not lynching Psyche today, we're lynching Sickofit. No other lynches today are acceptable, and no claims they make should let them off the hook. Mkay?
I am dead serious about this, by the way.

I'm flat-out delivering an ultimatum here: sheep me or face my fury and wrath on future days. In particular, this is to SirCakez who voted karnos, but also applies to karnos, shotty, Chip Butty, and Murdercat. (texcat I'm beginning to think
could
be scum, and definitely is if I'm wrong on any of {Aneninen, GreyICE, Sickofit}, most likely Aneninen.)

I don't get reads this good that often.

But I am absolutely
DEMANDING
to be sheeped. Not asking. Demanding. Choose one of {GreyICE, Sickofit} to lynch. We're not touching anyone else today. You can prod, you can poke around, you can ask questions, you can push, go ahead and do all of this and more for names outside of them, sure, that's your prerogative. But as for the actual LYNCH, we're sheeping me today, period, end of story. Don't like it? Either cop me or kill me.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #356 (isolation #22) » Sun May 29, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Ranger »

{Persivul, karnos, Chip Butty, Murdercat, Robert E Me}
{drmyshottyizsik, SirCakez}
{Shadow_step}
{texcat}
{Aneninen}
{Sickofit, Psyche}
Updated reads.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #361 (isolation #23) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Ranger »

Yo, Kop.

Good to have you in this game.

The quick news here is: I'm town this time. If you have any doubt whatsoever, cop me.
We are lynching one of {Psyche, Sickofit} today. Aneninen is currently my top pick for the third, but texcat is not far behind. You're free to read the game, but know this is happening regardless of whether you do or don't.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #367 (isolation #24) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:I'm in broad agreement but why Robert/Kop on the first tier? I get that his absence looks innocent now, but the first tier? Wouldn't somewhere in the lower-middle be more appropriate, given that his two posts were a naked RVS vote and a slightly spurious almost-naked vote?
I saw the town motivation behind those posts. I would have preferred there be more, and I would have preferred he handle them differently, but the posts he made were more town than scum. When combined with my dislike for the wagon on him, and how my scumreads have interacted with him (all of my scumreads have interacted with him in a way that suggests "not scumbuddy"), he just feels
right
as being town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #399 (isolation #25) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Ranger »

Persivul wrote:I get this reasoning from the newbies, but texcat? That vote is terrible.
WTF, cakez too?
My point exactly.
I don't think both of {texcat, SirCakez} are scum.
Heck, it's
possible
neither of them are.
But both entered my radar for that.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #400 (isolation #26) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Ranger »

Sickofit wrote:@Mod
So say I'm a N6 doctor and I get killed/lynched, what my flip look like?
^Scumclaim, by the way.

Also, I didn't point this out earlier, but I feel the need to now. I find it no coincidence both Sickofit and Psyche basically handled their predecessors the same way, saying, "Oh, yeah, they were scummy, I get where you were coming from in seeing that, but I'm not going to defend against it while here I am totally defending against it and cannot answer for them while here I am totally trying to answer for them". More egregious from Psyche, but also present in Sickofit.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #401 (isolation #27) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Ranger »

Sickofit wrote:@Ranger and Chip Buddy
I get that my predecessor made things a bit more difficult for me... But I hope to change your minds. I assure you... My win condition is town.
^Sickofit's version.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #406 (isolation #28) » Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Ranger »

Psyche wrote:what you don't think i should try?
I didn't say that.
But you literally could not have done it in a scummier way.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #564 (isolation #29) » Mon May 30, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Ranger »

is an accurate summary of Psyche's posting.

I also lol'd at .

At this point, Chip Butty is my second-strongest townread, right behind Persivul.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #566 (isolation #30) » Mon May 30, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Ranger »

Kop wrote:Hi Ranger
<3

Also,
Sickofit wrote:I'm invting you guys to vote me now. I'm Daring you >:)
^If you want to contrast scum bravado with town bravado, you need look no further than here. This? Scum bravado. Especially obvious after my posting.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #567 (isolation #31) » Mon May 30, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Ranger »

Persivul wrote:This is a good reads list. I would flip texcat and pigeon.
At this point, I might do the same.

Aneninen's posting isn't particularly better, but general vibes are beginning to tell me he's slightly less likely to be the third than texcat.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #569 (isolation #32) » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Ranger »

Kop wrote:Scum!ranger wouldn't be pushing this hard for a lynch, especially if she knew it was going to result in a town lynch.
Devil's advocate: I pushed this hard for an "either/or" lynch last time as scum, as you're well aware. But, different circumstances, etc.
Chip Butty wrote:If Ranger is scum, then her audacity is breathtaking, and the only way that that is what is happening is if she is bussing both Sick and Psyche so hard that they will be just gooey blots on the road by twilight D2. And going into D3 with (at best, from a scum perspective) 8/1 with at least 3 cops left wouldn't be attractive, even if Sick and Psyche do appear to be scum liabilities, so I don't think that is what is happening.
Same devil advocate, for the same game: I pretty much faced those
exact
odds last iteration of this setup. Would never willingly throw myself back into those circumstances, of course.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #571 (isolation #33) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:He said earlier that he is willing to self-hammer to bring about a 1:1 trade, and I am calling him on that. If he refuses to go through with it, it shows he was being insincere earlier when he said he was prepared to do that.
The problem with that is if he's scum and is put to L-1, he's probably self-hammering
anyway
, to end the day.

If he's town, he's going to follow through and self-hammer; if he's scum, he's most likely still going to self-hammer. Regardless, putting him to L-1 ends the day once he self-hammers, and I'm not ready to end the day yet. We've still got a replacement to hear from, especially given it's the GreyICE/Psyche slot. I'm even more confident in that slot being scum than I am in Sickofit being scum, and therefore it is absolutely
critical
to let the day continue until we have
forced
content from that slot.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #572 (isolation #34) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

Murdercat wrote:You think sick is scum after all of that?
Yes. This is scum bravado.
Sickofit wrote:Then vote me
In due time. It'd be anti-town to end the day right now, even with a scum lynch.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #574 (isolation #35) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Ranger »

Murdercat wrote:But this is a noob who played with RC in his first game and thinks that is how to play town. Does that matter to you?
Nope.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #576 (isolation #36) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Ranger »

Then you can always join me on Scott Brosius. ;)
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #582 (isolation #37) » Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:So I guess the plan is to pile onto Psyche's slot, force a claim, then return to Sick?
Not exactly. The plan is to force content from the Psycheslot, force claims from both Psycheslot AND Sickofit, and then we lynch whichever of them we like. In that order. Scott gives content or dies, that's step one. If he refuses, we lynch him. We get a claim from him and Sickofit. If they refuse, we lynch them.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #634 (isolation #38) » Mon May 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Ranger »

Right, page 25 convinces me of two things.
One, Scott Brosius is absolutely scum.
Two, SirCakez is almost assuredly town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #678 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Ranger »

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik.
BUSSED SO HARD.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #682 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Ranger »

{Persivul, karnos, Chip Butty, Murdercat, Kop}
{SirCakez}
{Aneninen}
{Shadow_step}
{drmyshottyizsik}
{Scott Brosius}
This, btw, is more or less where I'm at right now.
Regardless of shotty's alignment, Aneninen is less likely to be scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #684 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Ranger »

People keep on acting as if Persivul's the one who caught it. ;_;
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #733 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Ranger »

So...we're not hammering him yet.
In the mean time...anyone want to discuss who his likely scumbuddies are?

I know interactions don't strongly suggest this, but just on individual play, I still
very
strongly think Scott Brosius is scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #734 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

A quick search for what it's worth says {Aneninen, Murdercat, SirCakez} are all unlikely to be shotty partners, though this was just with a quick thread search.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #735 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Ranger »

At this stage, under the assumption shotty is scum:
  • Regardless, Persivul is town.
  • Murdercat is an unlikely shotty buddy, and was a townread anyway.
  • SirCakez is an unlikely shotty buddy. This helps him be a stronger townread than he was.
  • Aneninen is an extremely-unlikely shotty buddy.
  • That leaves {Chip Butty, karnos, Kop, Scott Brosius, Shadow_Step} as a pool for partners.
  • I really think Scott Brosius is scum.
  • In regards to shotty, {karnos, Kop} are both null.
  • Chip Butty's interactions are vaguely suggestive of a scumbuddy, but Chip's play has been town otherwise.
  • All of {Shadow_Step, karnos, Kop} lack shotty interaction prior to today; I want to hear more from each of them.
I'd also like to review how people have treated Scott Brosius's slot, but that can wait.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #739 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Ranger »

Shadow_step wrote:Anyone has a theory to why texcat was killed?
Either my reads are
completely
and entirely wrong with texcat's being superior, or it was a cop-snipe.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #740 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Ranger »

I mean, one possible explanation is that Scott Brosius is scum and that they thought once Scott Brosius would be lynched we wouldn't think texcat would be a scumbuddy (contrived as that sounds)...
...But otherwise, texcat's only pushes were on Kop (predecessor, actually, and even then just a naked vote) and karnos.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #741 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

Also, relevant to this game, karnos was scum here, and that game didn't feel like this game to me.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #743 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

Isoing karnos, I still think he's not likely to be scum with Scott Brosius.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #745 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Ranger »

Not exactly.
The plan was to force content from the slot.
He gave enough. More's obviously better, but what he gave was adequate to fulfill that requirement.
The next part of the plan was, and still is, to force a
claim
from him.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #746 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Ranger »

Though speaking of Scott...
Assuming he's scum, {Kop, Aneninen} are unlikely to be scumbuddies.
This would vaguely suggest, when combined with the assumption of shotty being scum, third scum lies within {Chip Butty, Shadow_Step}.

And at this stage, I really don't want it to be Chip Butty.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #750 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:Ranger, can you explain why you think I am a candidate for third scum?
Interactions, mostly.
You had shotty as pretty town the whole game. (I know, pot kettle black, but I
do
have to keep it under consideration.) You defended GreyICE(Scott Brosius's slot) as "dumb" rather than scum. You even defended him against Aneninen's attack. When momentum built on GreyICE, you were the driving force behind diverting attention onto the Robert/Kop slot. While Psyche became a scumread of yours later, you were among the ones who chose to pressure Sickofit instead of Psyche. You were also goading Sickofit, as if to get that lynch to go through. This list from GreyICE:
Bank 2 of Karnos, Chip, Kappy.
Is likely to contain one scumbuddy, and like it or not, you're in the running with karnos for being it. There's also this gem which ties all three of you together:
As for that Chippy, Shotty doesn't like your posts either.
All-in-all, your interactions fit as being scum, and then there's also how much on-the-fence posting you've done.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #830 (isolation #52) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Ranger »

Murdercat wrote:Ranger I really don't understand why you think this makes anen look town.
Read Aneninen's interactions with shotty.
For that matter, shotty's interactions with Aneninen.

It doesn't line up as being scum-scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #831 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Ranger »

Kop wrote:Which one am I? Because you posted a reads list, and you've got me top tier. Now a few posts later, I'm a null read, since when do you put null reads at the top level of town reading?
The prior readslist was made before doing a round of isos and research. It was accurate for the time, but now is in need of an update.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #832 (isolation #54) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

{Persivul, karnos, Murdercat, Aneninen}
{SirCakez}
{Kop}
{Shadow_step}
{Chip Butty}
{drmyshottyizsik, Scott Brosius}
A few names in here are a bit rough, but I think this is a fair approximation of where I'm at.

It does rely on shotty being scum, and Scott being scum, but the former is something we're going to find out and the latter is basically a given regardless.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #834 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by Ranger »

Chip Butty wrote:Ranger, can you say specifically what on page 25 brought you to these conclusions, especially the Scott one?
It was . It's mostly lazy commentary, same as what the predecessors had given, along with lots of waffle-filled stances that refuse to take a hard-line on most players. The few interactions he does have are weak pushes off of weak reasons. It's like he doesn't believe what he's saying; there's a distance between his given reads and his given play.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #842 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

What
were
people's alignment/roles, anyway?

Kinda important for me to know, just personally speaking.

I was an N2 doctor.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #846 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Ranger »

I had a sneaking suspicion the distribution this game actually
was
4:6 cop:doc. Was I right?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #879 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Ranger »

VOTE: Reroll, same playerlist. (Different mod though.)
What do you all think of that idea? ;)
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Completed Open Games”