Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:16 am

Post by DixC »

VOTE: karnos for killing my productivity by inviting me to these forums!
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by DixC »

^I've noticed the game is about people making baseless accusations using knowledge they don't have to pretend to even greater knowledge that they wish they had.

Reminds me of science.

The science of scum.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 48, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Sigh my dog just died so you can look it up your self, I believe in fast high pressure wagons, blah blah blah, watch how the machine works in response to all input, blah blah blah, I do this most games, and it's not a scum tell, blah blah blah.
Sorry to hear about the dog, VOTE: DrMyShotyIzSuj. Does that have some relevance to the game? I've noticed that scum are not beneath using any and every thing to obfuscate with pathos.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by DixC »

Sorry for the misspelling: VOTE: drmyshottyizsik
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 69, Smithereens wrote:I'd suggest that virtually every post on that page (page 2) was made with the activity complaint in mind.
I think this is reasonable: Perhaps he was honestly just trying to explain not being as active...
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:20 am

Post by DixC »

In post 74, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 67, DixC wrote:
In post 48, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Sigh my dog just died so you can look it up your self, I believe in fast high pressure wagons, blah blah blah, watch how the machine works in response to all input, blah blah blah, I do this most games, and it's not a scum tell, blah blah blah.
Sorry to hear about the dog, VOTE: DrMyShotyIzSuj.
Does that have some relevance to the game?
I've noticed that scum are not beneath using any and every thing to obfuscate with pathos.
I hate this. At best, it is reachy. At worst, it is insensitive and a bit non-sensical. I mean, how many times do you think a player could pull a stunt like that, if that is what it is (Hint: it isn't)? And it seems to be saying something terrible about Shotty as a person, and I don't think there is any call for that.

I'm not Townreading Shotty, but I really doubt he would stoop to fabricating a story about the death of his dog just to get sympathy. He's not even in a really tight spot (yet).
Stunts, Fabrication? No need: only irrelevant honesty.

Could just be talk for its own sake, that I can buy, but there's no need to defend the good name of someone who has contributed literal "blah blah" to the conversation: Particularly against accusations that were never made.

Of course he's also been here for 6 years and has a custom-ish title: so clearly his "blah blah" out ranks my honest question of relevancy.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:39 am

Post by DixC »

^You're right.
In post 79, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm going to be limited dealing with getting everything handled.
Thank you for the response: Again, I am sorry for your loss.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 128, Smithereens wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: podoboq
In post 175, Transcend wrote:^^ i like this guy, why did he get l-1'd :( ^^
'cause he text-walled against accusations that deserved less than a line.

VOTE: Ranger I'm concerned that your preternatural capabilities are not on display this game.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by DixC »

I noticed after, is a pronoun error a major taboo?

Ranger, comparing post rates and updates I see a significant difference in this game: what are some queries that might help you out here?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 232, Ranger wrote:
Murdercat wrote:I implied it might be because Ranger can be lazy as scum (my experience with her suggests this is the case).
Lazy is literally my playstyle.

Where do you think I got into the habit of posting nothing but readslists in the first place?
SirCakez wrote:Why do I feel like you're barely doing anything here?
Because I'm barely doing anything here?
DixC wrote:Ranger, comparing post rates and updates I see a significant difference in this game: what are some queries that might help you out here?
Mostly, talking to others. I suppose talking to me is not without benefits, but I can't think of anything. Like I said, largely reactionary.
{karnos, Aneninen}
{SirCakez}
{Smithereens, shotty, Chip Butty, Murdercat}
{DixC}
{Maruchan, Transcend}
{podoboq, PenguinPower}
Scum read: too lazy to do work but so not-lazy that you'll work on telling people that you're lazy? Also preternatural lack of lazy basis for good outcomes... crazy, yes, lazy, no.

Town Read:Not concerned enough with my question to actually answer it. Has podoboq at bottom of the list.
In post 215, Aneninen wrote:
In post 25, karnos wrote:On the one hand, this game is off to a very slow start.
On the other hand, I'm curious to see how ranger's read lists look with such a small sample of posts to read from.
Whut?
As the first post on Page2?

Maruchan's is forced. Scummy.
Murdercat has noticed it in . Good. Townish.
In post 41, drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: karnos
game to slow? let's get a wagon rolling!
L-2
La wow! If Maruchan's scum, Shotty's scum too.
In post 55, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 54, podoboq wrote:
In post 53, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 52, podoboq wrote:and an inconsistency worth owning up to.
Hate to be that guy, man, but that looks an awful lot like coaching.
No, I'm saying that he should have owned up to it. He didn't. He defended the inconsistency, and it's the fact that he didn't own up to it that's a problem.
WTF? I made the point about taking pressure of in #50. #51 was unrelated, from Karnos. And that quote I said could have been coaching was in #52. Shooty didn't reply at all to #50, but you say he defended the inconsistency??? That's BS, pure and simple.
Now you are definitely on my scumdar.
Parrot Bebop.

Podoboq seems to be flailing, eg. .
In post 66, Ranger wrote:{karnos}
{SirCakez}
{Aneninen, Murdercat, Smithereens}
{Chip Butty, shotty}
{Maruchan, DicX, PenguinPower, Transcend}
{podoboq}
Ranger's town again. Good to know.
scum read: is scum if maruchan and shorty are scum
town read: is not scum if Ranger is scum
In post 178, podoboq wrote:OK, so Maru is basically obv town to me. If you don't understand why, try treading what he posts. If it still doesn't make sense to you, slap yourself in the face three times, then ask me why, and I'll spell out for you how Maru is being the most supportive of pro-town play and showing the most opposition toward people who are showing anti-town play.
Scum read: is scum
Town read: is scum
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 am

Post by DixC »

In post 268, MURDERCAT wrote:Can't say I'm enjoying your ISO.
I am enjoying your deflection... or your attempt to double-deflect against Smith... blatant.

^Penguin: I don't like to jump around a lot, kills tell a lot. For some people a "lean scum" is actually a way of saying "I am going to pretend that I think you are scum because I am sure you are not scum and if I pretend I think you are you are less likely to be killed at night as scum will think that the village will just kill you anyway". Which I believe is what is called "second level" play: and if i'm reading this forum right, they simply short hand it "L2" (though that could mean something else?).

Personally I spend all day playing l3 with myself; so there's that.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 am

Post by DixC »

In post 302, MURDERCAT wrote:Thoughts?

{Aneninen, Ranger}
{karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Chip Butty}
{SirCakez, Maruchan}
{Transcend, DixC, PenguinPower}
{podoboq, Smithereens}
Why do you have me down with Transcend?! How can you have Ranger so freaking high?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:39 am

Post by DixC »

In post 307, Transcend wrote:
In post 304, DixC wrote:
In post 302, MURDERCAT wrote:Thoughts?

{Aneninen, Ranger}
{karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Chip Butty}
{SirCakez, Maruchan}
{Transcend, DixC, PenguinPower}
{podoboq, Smithereens}
Why do you have me down with Transcend?! How can you have Ranger so freaking high?
wanna vote anenien
He's defending Smith like they are joined at the hip; super fast to vote palindrome just to get the heat off of smith...
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:22 am

Post by DixC »

In post 316, MURDERCAT wrote:Anen's thoughts are lining up very closely with mine.

DixC hasn't really done anything except for and . 257 contains no analysis at all and 271 makes no sense to me. Nothing sticks out as town in the whole iso.

I don't have to wall to provide my input and the fact that my input is short doesn't make it less valuable.
You are deflecting at every turn, unwilling to answer direct questions, unsatisfactory in each of your responses, and, ironically, attacking me on the one thing that you most suffer from. All great tactics for scum: if no one sees through them. I see through them.

So there we go: VOTE: MURDERCAT

Edited vote capitalization for vote counter
Last edited by davesaz on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by DixC »

I reviewed all ISOs and concluded that this an accurate post:
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:
In post 36, MURDERCAT wrote:What's pinging me about is that I'm being talked to in a way (tone wise) that usually only comes about when someone has a strong town read on me later in the game. There's of course no way to know I'm town yet, unless you are scum. I also don't like the "it's a really good catch" part (feels like a buddy) but then saying it's not worthy of a vote. But then unless you give content he's highly inclined to vote. It feels like he doesn't have a real opinion, but he's trying to make it seem like he does.
I'm goign to jsut break this donw bit by bit.

1. Tone. You can gauge tone over internet? Have you gotten in contact with all the famous things like Ripley's Giuness, etc (IDK how to spell them)? Might be able to sell this skill as an oddity.

Real number 1 now that the sarcasm is over: You decided that I was acting like I had a town read on you, based off of me explaining something? Like are you for real? No. I don't have a read on anyone. I suck at reads. Over analyzing and making cases and arguments I'm good at. Implying that because I overtly explained a concept to you, means i have subconsciously labeled you as town, is just dumb. Whats even dumber is to do so "based on past experience" when that past experience is with complete random other people that aren't me. I like to be able to communicate/explain/teach. I enjoy the feeling that something i expanded up[on helps someoen else understand something better. Period. real life, mafia, good/bad guy, whatever. Thats a personality trait. Deal with it.

2. Saying pointing out someone's good catch's is buddying. So we're all independently scummhunting here? there's no group cohesion?
Mod go ahead and close the topic, we don't need it anymore. We can scumhunt without the rest of these fools, on our own. That whole group-process to finding scum is overhyped apparently
(I guess I wasn't done with the sarcasm). Pointing out that you didn't notice something, that someone else did, and that you agree with it, encourages more content from them. It's a concept called positive reinforcement. Think of potty training a dog. I'll give three examples that are the most similar to ways I could have reacted to someone else posting good content. So, I have a new dog I'm trying to pottytrain. he goes pee in the house. Lets take option 1. Ignore it and not give positive or negative reinforcement. He has no lesson to learn one way or the other as I haven't given him a lesson. He continues to pee in the house. He pees outside. We take Option 1 again and not give a positive or negative reaction. He never gets pottytrained nad he keeps peeing inside and outside, both good and bad actions, and he never becomes a better dog. Skip to option 2. He pees inside. You scold him. You punish him. You've negatively reinforced the behavior. He goes pee outside, no reaction. He's confused. He knows you DON'T want him peeing inside, but doesn't know that you DO want him peeing outside. Maybe he thinks he just cant pee in that room, and he tries another room, still a bad action. eventually by process of elimination, he will learn that the only thing that is not negatively-reinforced is the outside. the one good option. this takes forever. Skip to option 3. He goes pee inside. You do nothing. he doesn't stop peeing inside, no lesson learned. he pees outside. you give him a treat. he goes ecstatic over that treat and wants to learn how to get more. he goes pee inside again and gets no treat. he gets a treat when he goes pee outside. OH SHIT. He's just learned the quickest way to get treats is to pee outside, and he IMMEDIATELY ceases peeing inside, because he wants fuckin treats yo! You've just pottytraiend your dog.

of coruse the most efficient way is to combine postive and negative reinforcement to back each other up, BUT IF YO UCOULD ONLY postive OR ignore OR negative, the best thign is to positive.

same thing to player participation in a game. You keep telling them they are doing the right thing, you appreciate their efforts, you want them to continue trying, you'll get good engaged, players who actively try to scumhunt.
you just keep telling them when they are wrong, they get apathetic, they lurkmoar, they proddodge, they resent you, the game stagnantes.

I think telling someone they made a Good!Post, is the best option here yeah? Not buddying. Encouraging pro-town behavior.

3. Not worthy of a vote. This is fucking Page 1, Day 1, less then 10 posts into the game, random voting/question stage. NO CONTENT here is usually EVER worthy of a Serious!Vote, this early. I was not willing to make the irst Serious!Vote of the game, based of this little.

You have no qualms, you mate the first Serious!Vote of the game, on me, for over-analyzing something. While your justification is misguided, your willingness to stick your neck out earns townie points. good job. Now just try to annoy me less when you earn your towny points and we'll get along just fine.

4. I didn't have a really good opinion. I wasn't trying to seem like I was. I apologize if you got that impression. I was merely trying to expand on a point that was only briefly made, to more publicly cement that point into the collective group psych, so as to ensure it stuck, and wasn't glossed over. Later, based on podoboq's future actions, this point is either 100% null, or can back up a pattern of future scummy behavior.

Glad to see my inherent personalty quirks continue to get me scumread out the gate. Go take a quick meta on the playerslots in my most recent 2-3 games, and tell me you see any difference in the play of my first post here than in those, and then take a look at what roles i flipped in them.

I love how you and SirCakez are pinging on me for "trying to appear to do something when not actually doing anything" when that's exactly what we were pinging on podoboq about. -.-

Literally #62 and #63 stopped me from frustration replacing out after #60 and my last game I played. I'm sick of people getting on me for over-explaining stuff, when that's just my fucking personality

Ranger wtf is your #64-#66, I don't even understand. You did that same shit last game and i never fucking understood wtf you were doing

@Murdercat #95, proddign someone to respond to your post, when they have yet to post after it is stupid. They likely haven't read your post yet. Take al ook at their "Last Online" on their profile.

Or meta me in any game for the past 3 years, and learn I'm in the Navy and have a hectic schedule, and if you read an older game you'd know we go underway often where I only get internet during Evening hours, and if you read a recent game you'd know I'm on deployment right now, which is permanently underway, with internet only during evening hours. I literally cannot respond to your post any quicker.

be assured, I do read each and every post, and I do make massive wall-style catchups to every post since my last post. I just take awhile to do it. If i don't respond to a specific line of inquiry, AFTER I make my post, fee lfree to ping me on it.
My conclusion is that we're on the right course shutting down people that try to shut down people.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:07 am

Post by DixC »

VOTE: Maruchan mad a major error in letting smiths status as known-to-him town slip.

The above post is a haphazard fray of emotions and disjointed logics.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 545, MURDERCAT wrote:I have the biggest gut scum read on DixC and I can't shake it.
I get the same vibe off of you: I've concluded that I just don't like the way you've been playing, so I moved off of you until I can distinguish scummy from irritating.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 560, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 558, podoboq wrote:it's possible that this is a plan communicated between the two over day chat.
Do we know this setup has or does not have day chat? I looked but didn't see. Is this a slip?
Perhaps an anti-slip? Being wrong about a fact known best to mafia to dirt act from being mafia?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 am

Post by DixC »

In post 626, podoboq wrote:
In post 623, Smithereens wrote:"I'd rather get mislynched than have Maru lynched..."

Are you even listening to what you're saying at this point?
I believe that Maru is almost definitely town at this point. I think it'd be bullshit to lynch a V/LA, and if it's me or Maru, I'd rather it be me. Plus,
I believe Maru has more value to this game than I do in the long run.
I can't divulge further right now.
I simply cannot figure out why anyone would say that.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 649, drmyshottyizsik wrote:No he is just trying to create WIFOM
Ah, so his is truly a dizzying intellect.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by DixC »

^it was a good escape!

My two highest scum reads are both voting smith... Smith has got to be, without a doubt, the least scum i've seen another player be. I couldn't imagine up a better 'not scum'. wow.

Anyway, with a day left I think it's time to drop the hammer lest some scum hands us bubble gum and we forget why we came here.

Based on ranger's insights: VOTE: podoboq

Ranger: I think penguin is, like myself, simply new to the board and thus likely to 'step in it.'

Back when I played my first "are you a werewolf" game that went past level 1 play I did exactly this by trying to guess who the seer was. I was trying, simply, not to lynch her: but it got me killed because I didn't understand "only a wolf would want to suss out the seer"

I understand the logic of it now; but we lost a villager because I was new.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:41 am

Post by DixC »

In post 674, Transcend wrote:that's l-1 right?
What does L1 and L2 mean when the mod posts it?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 728, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 707, Smithereens wrote:Don't worry guys, you can shit all over me if it goes wrong, just put your votes on with confidence~
In post 710, Smithereens wrote:
Podo -> Trans -> Maru -> Aneninen. Use this flow chart in case I die tonight. Maru and Trans are interchangable
. Avoid introducing new names into the lynch pool without objective scum tells or
the approval of Ranger
In post 712, Smithereens wrote:
My scum reads are irrelevant
. My controversial actions stirred up enough people to drop a deliciously large amount of AI material for us to read through. I'm happy with the results, you would be happy too if only you were town.
In post 715, Smithereens wrote:
I've dropped the assumption that my reads are correct.
What are we left with? Pages of posts you've made that betray everything from your desire to lynch a person you've prior recognised as town to you attempting to reach for more reasons to substantiate a scum read that was falling apart.

And not just on you, Trans and Maru have dug themselves into pits as well.
Smithereens, you are confusing the fuck out of me. You seem def on your scum reads but see the bits in pink. And are you saying you def read Ranger as Town? Why? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I need to see reasons.
Good point: The schizotypicality is strong with this one.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:50 am

Post by DixC »

In post 773, podoboq wrote:
In post 753, Aneninen wrote:I'd pick Shotty or
Penguin
In post 744, Dunnstral wrote:[Chip Butty, Karnos, Transcend, Smithereens, DixC]
[SirCakez, podoboq, drmyshottyizsuk]
[Aneninen,
PenguinPower
]
[Ranger, MURDERCAT]
In post 770, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 753, Aneninen wrote:I'd pick Shotty or Penguin.
Agree 100%
In post 771, Transcend wrote:i doubt shotty's scum

i'd possibly
rope penguin here
In post 600, podoboq wrote:Readslist, in case I get lynched lynched

karnos
Maruchan
SirCakez
Chip Butty
Transcend

MURDERCAT
DixC
drmyshottyizsik
Aneninen

Ranger

PenguinPower

Smithereens
We've got five. Let's do it
VOTE: PenguinPower
Everything about this rally is scummy: it's literally looking for anyone to agree on for a kill.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:31 am

Post by DixC »

In post 797, podoboq wrote:
In post 791, DixC wrote:Everything about this rally is scummy: it's literally looking for anyone to agree on for a kill.
Town wasn't working together, and the consensus seemed to be that Smith and I are TvT. We shouldn't no lynch, and I don't want people to just settle on lynching me obviously, so yeah, if the consensus seems to be Penguin is scummy and we can actually get a majority to vote there, I don't understand how that's a problem.
A self save scramble toward a no-no Lynch, very town. Ok, so since pinguin and I are new here and I'm trying to avoid the bias of "kill the new guy", just like the bias of "kill the annoying player" with MurderCat, who else you got?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 736, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 731, Chip Butty wrote:Yeah, and I see Shotty switching between wagons. If podo/Smithereens is t/t and Shotty is scum, he doesn't care which wagon goes through...
Ya so I would definitely jump to a declining wagon instead of just waiting until tomorrow in the morning for the leading wagon to get hammered, I mean for god's sake there is already intent posted! If anything you should be making the argument that I am podo partner and got cold feet about bussing him because I figured the smith wagon would prevail and then when it didn't I tried to forcibly make it come on.
I like that you made the argument yourself, and I believe you.

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by DixC »

Screw it:
VOTE: podoboq karnos, Dr. My Shotty we're all friends, let's move over to podoboq
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 836, Dunnstral wrote:I think Penguin is town, but also think podo is town :neutral:
Smith isn't moving to Smith: so come over to podoboq and i'll jump to Penguin if we don't get podoboq through.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 838, Dunnstral wrote:podoboq is my town read that I do not want to lynch
What makes you so sure? And where would you go?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 840, Dunnstral wrote:Ranger :roll:
MURDERCAT probably

I'd settle for lynching drshotty too if we can make that happen (that also seem slike the most likely)
You're probably right, but a bit late now to drum up a run that doesn't have some support behind it. So you like podo better than ^penguin ?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 842, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 841, DixC wrote:So you like podo better than ^penguin ?
No

I don't like either
Seems like it's one or the other... a veritable sophie's choice.

I'll switch to VOTE: MurderCat and if we get enough in the next few hours good; if not my intent is to make sure the hammer goes through.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 845, Aneninen wrote:I don't like your idea, DixC, Dunnstral.
Firstly, I don't think Murdercat is scum.
Secondly,
we need to lynch
and there's 8 hours left. We shouldn't launch new wagons.
What we know for sure is that team evil is voting Penguin; this means we shouldn't vote penguin.

However is the low probability that we lucked into a kill AND some scum are voting ^Penguin but can't escape it worth a kill?

I'm thinking in a game such as this the most likely time for the greatest information gain will be tomorrow and killing someone who's got a bunch of votes (who will thus likely be good) will be a mistake.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by DixC »

Dunn: With the other vote locked, no one can get anyone except Penguin.

Smith: you can have the hammer, i'm not going to do it.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:22 am

Post by DixC »

No surprise Podo has me low, i've had him marked as scum forever.

Smith didn't go after Penguin, nor did anyone else that could have hammered Penguin.

The probability of there being two-three scum in this list is high:
podoboq,
MURDERCAT,
Transcend,
SirCakez,
Chip Butty,
Aneninen

The probability of there being one scum in this list is moderate:
PenguinPower,
Smithereens,
Ranger,
karnos,
drmyshottyizsik,
Dunnstral
In post 833, MURDERCAT wrote:That literally only makes sense if both Smith and Podo are scum and I'm willing to bet my life that at least 1 is town.
Now this is telling. Not that MurderCat is on the side of pod or smith, but that murdercat is trying to imply a discordance between he two so large that he is 100% certain.

The only way to be so certain is to 1) lie or 2) know because you are scum.

Based on what we know we should restrict our kill to someone on this list:

podoboq,
MURDERCAT,
Transcend,
SirCakez,
Chip Butty,
Aneninen
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:55 am

Post by DixC »

In post 926, MURDERCAT wrote:Yes, I know you did, but scum would also prefer not having to claim so it's hard to believe you.
It could just be that some-few people who've been here a while feel like they have leave to act like fundament-based chapeaus: which is why I'm not keen on voting for podo, you, or tran: even though there is a high probability that at least one of you is scum as no one hammered ^pengiun and you three, with your low-brow shenanigans, are most likely to be scum.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 622, podoboq wrote:
In post 621, Smithereens wrote:
In post 619, podoboq wrote:
In post 605, Chip Butty wrote:If you and Smithereens are the only viable wagons as we get near deadline, I'll consider voting you to avoid a nolynch* but other than that, I'm not enthusiastic.
If you want to try to build a wagon on someone else, I would vote it over letting myself get mislynched, but I'm not optimistic. We don't have a lot of time. If you legit think we're TvT, then by all means, try to start a new wagon. If you want to make a case on shotty, I doubt I'll jump over, but I'd lynch him over nolynch or getting mislynched.
You should stop trying to divert the wagon off yourself onto a completely innocent bystander. You actually deserve to eat your words since your tact with trying to get me mislynched backfired.
It's not a tactic. I tried to get things consolidated on two players here. More importantly, off of Maru, because at this point I'd rather get mislynched than have Maru lynched.

Also, I just said I'm unlikely to jump off of you. I have other scumreads, and if a wagon were to form on Ranger, for example, I'd be willing to lynch it. I'd rather lynch you, but if that's not considered an option, I'm willing to compromise if some other wagon actually happens.
In post 932, Dunnstral wrote:I mean

I want Ranger still
I'm inclined to give you VOTE: ranger but only because I think you and PoDo are a unit have been against ranger from the start and if ranger is scum then it was a setup to sac ranger to make you look good.

The only way you don't look guilty as hell for wanting to kill the person that's got you and podo as scum is if you know ranger is too.

That or Cakes; he's flying extra-low and on the ^Penguin train list.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by DixC »

Why didn't Dunnstral hammer if he's scum?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by DixC »

Smith and Ranger are running this town. Even if [l]A[/l] scum wasn't on the penguin train, that leaves others. Since Dunnstral likes Aneninen, we need a kill, Ranger doesn't have Aneninen as clean, we need a kill, Aneninen was on the penguin train, and we need a kill: I suggest VOTE: Aneninen who is flowing extra low, but not too low, to avoid 'participating'.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:39 am

Post by DixC »

In post 989, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 980, SirCakez wrote:How the hell did Smith wriggle out of that yet again?
VOTE: Smithereens

Dunnstral slot is town pretty sure
Maru's posting was gross at times but I think Dunn's posting has been transparently town
Are you scum??
I'm at 90% on Cakes being scum

VOTE: Dunstral

Smith has too many votes for comfort: If you aren't evil move over to Dunstral.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:29 am

Post by DixC »

In post 994, Dunnstral wrote:Pretty sure smithereens is scum trying to get this awful counter wagon going.
you are playing fine and more believably than smith; but your previous slot holder was also tied at the hip to podo.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1095, Aneninen wrote:
In post 1094, Dunnstral wrote:Transcend you can sheep me btw
VOTE: Dunnstral
He is scum with Transcend
Thatpost
We know that if someone gets an early game run it's likely because scum are involved. Do not think me ignorant here, i know that there is a high likely hood that we have more village in our sites than mafia. I knew not to hammer Penguin because of this, I knew not to hammer smith because of this. I made some noise so I could get some votes moved around and sift through where players would go.

From this we have a good sense that ranger's list is reasonable:

{Murdercat}
{karnos, Aneninen, Persivul, Chip Butty}
{DixC, podoboq, PenguinPower}
{SirCakez}
{VOTE: Dunnstral, Transcend}

Just look at the scum-trains, the ISO, and my God the hammer!
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:07 am

Post by DixC »

^backing of until we hear from others (perhaps more N1 cops/docs?)
VOTE: SirCakez
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:31 am

Post by DixC »

In post 1131, Dunnstral wrote:Note: DixC voted me because my slot was "tied to the hip" with podoboq

and his progression doesn't make sense

VOTE: DixC

Let's get him please, look at

Your slot did act that way: I don't know why.. Hell, you explain why you and Maruchan both, in that slot, happened upon defends end the same guy?

Did you expect that the play was bound to draw a cop and wanted to some how clear your name by being buddies with town?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by DixC »

I'm n2 cop, hopefully such info will help the town
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1329, MURDERCAT wrote:Nah man, I got it.

Anyway, I'll reevaluate after a Dunn flip of course, but the fact that Dunn went from DixC as top tier town to must wagon basically proves to me his reads are fake.
Just check his ISO.
No real arguments.

He's a loud mouth who's trying to push/beg/plead his way into a kill. He's acting like the thug is he is.

What set him off? I asked for an explanation for why he was buddying podo just like Maru was. My guess: scum pre-formed a plan and stuck to it. He's acting like the thug he is.

VOTE: Dunnstral
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1344, Persivul wrote:
In post 1215, DixC wrote:I'm n2 cop, hopefully such info will help the town
It's very early in phase and you were only at L-2. Why did you think this would help town more than scum?
I read every post, I consider every argument, and I try to say something when I can, but I'm not nearly as capable of investing as much time as Dunn has in this game.

Given that he's been able to invest 3x more than I have and I found it very likely he would get it done the same way my kids try to get things done: thoughtless nagging.

So incase the train ran away before I was able to get back to the game, I wanted everyone to know my role so they could make an informed decision.

Also, I'm inclined to believe the other N2 claim. I expect clumping in random outcomes. Only non-random events are evenly distributed. However, we have a psychological bias toward seeing 'patterns' in clumps even though they are indicative of randomness; and seeing 'randomness' in controlled distributions.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:59 am

Post by DixC »

In post 1346, Persivul wrote:
In post 1345, DixC wrote:I read every post, I consider every argument, and I try to say something when I can, but I'm not nearly as capable of investing as much time as Dunn has in this game.

Given that he's been able to invest 3x more than I have and I found it very likely he would get it done the same way my kids try to get things done: thoughtless nagging.
I can't post that much right now either...but I wouldn't have any fear of going from L-2 to lynched without a chance to claim this early in phase.

IOW your unprompted claim comes across as scummy.
This and another game I'm playing are my first on this forum. The concept of L-x is something I've just learned.

I've played a lot, but IRL and on a forum where this is not the main game (I brought it to that forum and just adapted it from IRL play). Karnos invited me to this forum.
In post 1356, Persivul wrote:
In post 223, DixC wrote:I noticed after, is a pronoun error a major taboo?

Ranger, comparing post rates and updates I see a significant difference in this game: what are some queries that might help you out here?
It's concerning that you claim to be voting her based on meta, but haven't been here long and don't know her gender.
The one other game i'm playing Ranger features heavily as well, and she keeps her Wiki up to date. So the one person who's play in other games I've read through is Ranger.
In post 1367, SirCakez wrote:when dunn flips town I'mma slap all these people who are like "hurr durr cakez/dunn scum team"
I would never say this because I don't know who else is scum. Only scum know who is scum and thus are much more willing to stake their fate to the outcome of flip.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:09 am

Post by DixC »

In post 1413, karnos wrote:
In post 1390, MURDERCAT wrote:Karnos, talk to me about DixC's scum game.
He is a good player, but the games were very different on the other forum. Essentially blitz games, each game day was 1-2 RL days usually, and most of the players were not taking the game super seriously, so it's hard to directly compare play over there with here.

Here are a couple games where Dixy rolled scum:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread. ... t=werewolf

Great! Now I have to explain that my user name there is an homage to Dixy Lee Ray not the southern racist party...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixy_Lee_Ray
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 am

Post by DixC »

In post 1422, Persivul wrote:
In post 1421, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1399, Transcend wrote:against my butter judgment i have a feeling dunn's town now
because you're scum and don't want to be caught on his wagon?

It is being infuriatingly difficult to put votes on Dix/Transcend. That's a big tell but nooo no one wants to pay attention to that.
That's only infuriating if you're trying to pull votes off dunnstral. For people scum reading dunnstral, it's no big deal.
In post 1423, SirCakez wrote:True I guess
If there's not such thing as too scum to be scum this is just about as scum-admit as it gets.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1427, MURDERCAT wrote:DixC, how would you play this game differently than you have if you were scum and your partners were cake and Dunn.
Yes. I've noticed that people over-react to minor things that confirm their suspicions so I wouldn't have ever mentioned them good or bad. They would always be the people I suspect the most-mediumest and if I ever voted for them it would be because I was absolutely sure they had no chance at all of surviving the run (i.e. a legit cop came at them). If that were the case I would do my best to drum up a case against the cop while lowering them to '2 and 3 after cop'.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1445, Dunnstral wrote:I think there is a very good chance that town will win if they just follow my kill order after I die.

MURDERCAT, what are you thinking?
You were asked a direct question about where your 'obvious scum' reading came from.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by DixC »

Persivul's making a lot of sense this game and others are being jerks about it instead of engaging him at his level. Among Transcend, Dunnstral, and SirCakez I would say it's over 90% one is scum.

I if we monty-hall problem it we could decide on one, kill another, then switch to the 3rd if the one we killed wasn't scum.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1475, SirCakez wrote:Persivul's making sense but he's not doing anything
Easy charge to lodge. What backs it?

What justifies Dun's repeated non-answering?
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (isolation #53) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 1479, Ranger wrote:I'm taking a break from mafia.
Swear to god, if ONE little time of things going wrong causes me to be unable to keep up with my games
this badly
, this consistently, I'm clearly in no shape to play.
I need to sleep.

For this game specifically though: I'll say that I'm not lynching outside of {Dunnstral, Transcend}. SirCakez is probably scum, yes, but not getting lynched.
And with that said...I'm sorry. As confirmed town (or close enough to it anyway), I should be pushing hard, but I need another day before I read.
It's just a game, take care of yourself! ... but also give us a VOTE: Dunnstral :-D

Return to “Completed Open Games”