Open 335: Gurgi EC8 (Game over- Town wins!)

Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Open 335: Gurgi EC8 (Game over- Town wins!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Snarky »

Open 335: Gurgi EC8

Welcome everyone to this palpitating mafia game. Death is hiding amongst two of your townfolks. Find death before it finds you!

Ey! But isn't this a playerlist?!!

*Bolded have confirmed
Empking

pinkfloyd

malpascp
PeregrineV

tclawren
Battousai

Guthrie
Smear

Xalxe

André

Will Zane

Spoiler: Winners
PeregrineV

pinkfloyd

Empking

Smear

Xalxe

André

Spoiler: Losers
Will Zane

Battousai

Spoiler: Alive and well
Empking
Smear
André
PeregrineV

Spoiler: The deads
pinkfloyd
Vanilla Townie
, drowned in a lake day 1
Xalxe
weak cop
, killed by a devilish soul Night 1
Will Zane
mafia goon
, lynched by villagers day 2.
Battousai
mafia goon
, forfeited day 2.
Last edited by Snarky on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Snarky »

So, what's Gurgi EC8?

-The game starts with
day

-One team of two
mafia goons

-Three to five
vanilla townies

-One to three
weak cops
(25% of chances to have one weak cop, 50% of having two, 25% of having three)
-The role PMs:

Mafia Goon

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon (aka infected by death's soul), along with your partner, [Player Name]. Each night, you may communicate with your partner in this QuickTopic [topic link] (aka the telepathic connection between the souls of death). Also, still during night, you and your partner must choose someone to kill. As if it was not enough, you also have the ability to talk and vote in this thread.

You win when every member of the town have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent it from occuring (aka when death rules over the town)

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie (aka innocent sheep who fears death). Your only ability is to talk and to vote in this thread.

You win when all the members of the mafia have been eliminated (aka when death has vanished from your hometown(
aka when you become immortal
))

Weak Cop

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Weak Cop (aka the person that, by whichever means, can detect whether or not someone is infected by death's soul). Each night, you may investigate a player. If your target is innocent, I'll send you a note telling you so. However, if your target is guilty, he will steal your soul and eat it (aka you will die). You also have the ability to talk and vote in this thread.

You win when all the members of the mafia have been eliminated (aka when death has vanished from your hometown(
aka when you become immortal
))
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Snarky »

Crap! There really are rules for this thing?

*Note: These rules have been blatantly stolen from Alduskkel. Maybe too blatantly...

1. Rules may be added, removed, or changed at my discretion.

2. If you do not post after 72 hours you will be prodded. You then have 48 hours to pick up the prod. If you do not pick it up after that time I will begin looking for a replacement. Weekends and holidays are counted as normal days.

3. a) The deadline for Day 1 will be 3 weeks, and all subsequent Days will have deadlines of 2 weeks. If a Day ends early, the remaining amount of time (rounded to days, not hours) will be added to the deadline of the next Day, up to a maximum of 1 week extra.

b) Night rounds will last for 72 hours. During this time the thread will be locked, and all roles with night actions should send me a message telling me what they're going to do. Nights may be extended, just like Days.

4. Short version: Vote in the form Vote: example. As long as a vote isn't ambiguous, I'll count it. If it is ambiguous it won't ever count, even if clarified. You'll have to redo the vote. Also, unvoting is not necessary.

Long version: Voting must be made in the format Vote: example. The colon is optional, as is the space between the colon and the player's name. Capital letters are also optional. Unvoting is not necessary but appreciated. Votes using abbreviations for player names, misspellings of player names, and even misspellings of abbreviations of player names will all be accepted as long as they meet the above conditions. Abbreviations of misspellings of player names will be treated as mere abbreviations. In the event that a vote is ambiguous however, it will not be counted, not even retroactively. You can vote to not lynch anyone, and the rules for that are the same as regular voting. Trick votes aren't allowed.

5. No invisible or small text.

6. To lynch in the Day rounds you need a simple majority of votes, or 50% rounded down +1.

7. Discussing this game anywhere outside of the game thread itself is forbidden, unless you are specifically told otherwise in your role PM. Discussing other ongoing games in this thread is also forbidden.

8. If you die you get one contentless "bah" post. Note that if you reach the required majority needed for a lynch then you are immediately dead (i.e., claiming that your death scene hadn't yet been posted so you were allowed to keep posting content won't work). During Twilight (after lynch majority is reached/after deadline hits, before round ending scene) anyone who is alive may post content (but the lynchee doesn't count as alive).

9. Lynch majority will not be reduced at deadline. If a lynch majority is not reached at deadline, No Lynch will occur.

10. Don't quote PMs you get from me. Paraphrasing is your friend.

11. If you are going to be gone for 72 or more hours, say so in the thread, or PM me. This will put your inactivity clock on hold. Do not count on me checking the V/LA thread.

12. Don't intentionally lie about out of game circumstances to gain an advantage in the game.

13. Flavor is flavor, no story clues or anything.

14. Rule 14 is dead. I know it's sad.

15. In the event that you are modkilled you will automatically lose, regardless of who wins.

16. Do not lie to me about things related to the game.

17. If I make a mistake, tell me.

18. If you have a question about the rules, just ask.

19. Be considerate towards your fellow player. Excessive personal attacks will result in a warning, then forced replacement or modkill.

Note: If you're being insulted, say so in thread or PM me. I'm not you, so I have no idea if you don't care or if you're upset or whatever. Therefore, I will tend not to intervene.

20. If you think something you're about to do might break the rules, assume it will and message me asking if it's okay to do.

21. And of course all basic game mechanics of a standard Mafia game apply, such as roles and alignment being revealed on death etc...
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Snarky »

PMs have been sent. The game will start when 7 players have confirmed via PM. During this time, members of the Mafia can talk to each other in their QuickTopic.

Note: This is my color, if you use it, I'll change the color of your text in lime green. You have been warned. If you use it to try to impersonate me, then you shall be punished. Just don't use this color.
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Snarky »

Marvellous! Seven players have now confirmed. Day 1 starts...NOW!

With eight players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch

Deadline: October 6th at 11:59PM EDT

Countdown:(expired on 2011-10-06 11:59:00)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, good, nobody on this playerlist is on my "First Vote" List. Wonderful.

VOTE: Guthrie for having the same name as my Media Teacher.

In srs bsns:
We need to be sure not to take cop claims as "auto-confirmed," since there could be 2 real cops and scum could claim one and get away with it.

ALL weak cops NEED to breadcrumb their investigation AT THE LEAST. I'm still trying to decide if we should do a claim of "If I'm a cop, I will investigate X tonight" prior to the hammer. I'm thinking no, because scum can just kill off a cop and we'll lynch a townie.

Speaking of which, our mislynch numbers aren't high, particularly when you consider that 2-3 deaths might occur on one night.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Empking »

In post 5, Xalxe wrote:

In srs bsns:
We need to be sure not to take cop claims as "auto-confirmed," since there could be
real cops and scum could claim one and get away with it.

Vote: Xalxe
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

Um....what?

I know there is a possibility of three, I'm just saying that if there were 2, scum could claim one more. Which would make three, which is a possibility.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Empking »

In post 7, Xalxe wrote:Um....what?

I know there is a possibility of three, I'm just saying that if there were 2, scum could claim one more. Which would make three, which is a possibility.

YHour sentence wasn't clear.

You missed out the
thing too then.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Will Zane
Will Zane
Townie
Will Zane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Will Zane »

Vote: Empking

Xalxe obviously ended the RVS with his first post, easy to vote for him and easy to attack him. Too easy. Proceeds to accuse him of not being clear while in the same post is not clear himself. Contradictory and scummy.
Psychic.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Empking »

In post 9, Will Zane wrote:

Xalxe obviously ended the RVS with his first post, easy to vote for him and easy to attack him. Too easy. Proceeds to accuse him of not being clear while in the same post is not clear himself. Contradictory and scummy.

How wasn't I clear?

(i've noticed another mistake in Xalxe's post. There can be four deaths in one night.)
Will Zane
Will Zane
Townie
Will Zane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Will Zane »

Clarify this?

You missed out the 1 thing too then.

Bad wording or what?
Psychic.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Empking »

In post 11, Will Zane wrote:Clarify this?

You missed out the 1 thing too then.

Bad wording or what?

There could be one Weak Cop in which case scum could claim it.
Will Zane
Will Zane
Townie
Will Zane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Will Zane »

Survey: In my opinion, we could break this setup by massclaim. Anyone agree?
Psychic.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Empking »

I disagree.
Will Zane
Will Zane
Townie
Will Zane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Will Zane »

After REALLY thinking it over I'm gonna have to retract my previous statement, lol.
Psychic.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

1) Will, I disagree, but thanks for the input
2) Empking, I wasn't going for categoretical accuracy, I was going for HEY LISTEN UP THIS IS SOMETHING TO BE CONSIDERED DAMMIT. If that's why you're voting me, please to be stopping.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Empking »

In post 16, Xalxe wrote:
2) Empking, I wasn't going for categoretical accuracy,

Well you should have been.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

My apologies, O Lord of Mafia Discussion.
Andr├®
Andr├®
Goon
Andr├®
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Andr├® »

Well, hello guys. Seeing as it looks like we are out of RVS, I will refrain from making a random vote.

Before I comment on anything, I would like to ask you guys a few questions. Empking is the only player I've played with before, so I would like to learn about the rest of you guys by asking these questions:

1. How much experience do you have playing mafia?
2. Have you played any games with anybody here?

Now, to answer my own questions:
1. I've playing mafia for 3 years: 1 year offsite, and 2 years here in mafiascum (I used to play under the name Far_Cry.)
2. As I said before, I've only played with Empking.

On to the game:

In post 5, Xalxe wrote:Oh, good, nobody on this playerlist is on my "First Vote" List. Wonderful.

VOTE: Guthrie for having the same name as my Media Teacher.

In srs bsns:
We need to be sure not to take cop claims as "auto-confirmed," since there could be 2 real cops and scum could claim one and get away with it.

ALL weak cops NEED to breadcrumb their investigation AT THE LEAST. I'm still trying to decide if we should do a claim of "If I'm a cop, I will investigate X tonight" prior to the hammer. I'm thinking no, because scum can just kill off a cop and we'll lynch a townie.

Speaking of which, our mislynch numbers aren't high, particularly when you consider that 2-3 deaths might occur on one night.

This is a seriously stupid post. You state the obvious ("we need to be sure not to take cop claims as 'auto-confirmed' ", and "Our mislynch numbers aren't high") and give your "strategy" (" 'If I'm a cop, I will investigate X tonight' prior to the hammer"), which you go on to say is a bad idea yourself. If you are trying to come off as pro-town with your post, you are doing a bad job.

In post 9, Will Zane wrote:

If you find Xalxe scummy, why are you voting for Empking?

In post 13, Will Zane wrote:Survey: In my opinion, we could break this setup by massclaim. Anyone agree?

No. But wait, you said you REALLY thought about it and changed your mind:

In post 15, Will Zane wrote:After REALLY thinking it over I'm gonna have to retract my previous statement, lol.

How can you REALLY think about it for 10 minutes?
This is a new main account for Far_Cry.

Currently on hiatus from mafia.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 19, Andr├® wrote:1. How much experience do you have playing mafia?2. Have you played any games with anybody here?

Oh, good, RQS, that's much better than RVS.

But, for the sake of the fact that I'll catch shit until I answer:
1) I have about 2 years onsite (don't check the join date, it'll only make your brain hurt), and several more F2F
2) I recall playing with Empking once before.

Also, RE: my first post, I was assuming the town is full of stupid and won't realize that until it's too late. I'm attempting to head off any claims of "Oh, I didn't KNOW we only had one Mislynch; I thought I could hammer without" etc etc.
Andr├®
Andr├®
Goon
Andr├®
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Andr├® »

In post 20, Xalxe wrote:Also, RE: my first post, I was assuming the town is full of stupid and won't realize that until it's too late. I'm attempting to head off any claims of "Oh, I didn't KNOW we only had one Mislynch; I thought I could hammer without" etc etc.

That addresses only 1 part of your post. How about the rest?
This is a new main account for Far_Cry.

Currently on hiatus from mafia.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Empking »

Actually: Hypoclaim?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 21, Andr├® wrote:
In post 20, Xalxe wrote:Also, RE: my first post, I was assuming the town is full of stupid and won't realize that until it's too late. I'm attempting to head off any claims of "Oh, I didn't KNOW we only had one Mislynch; I thought I could hammer without" etc etc.

That addresses only 1 part of your post. How about the rest?

My point was general avoidance of town stupidity and scum hiding behind same; I think that covers the whole post. Except the Guthrie vote, but I suspect he'll be replaced.

Emp, I used to know what that meant, but I've forgotten. Define?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 23, Xalxe wrote:Emp, I used to know what that meant, but I've forgotten. Define?

We claim who we'd investigate in the night ass if we were a Cop before we do it.

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting we do it now. I'd like to get some reads just whether or not we should do it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”