Open 411: The game of C9++! (Game over: Town Win!)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 411: The game of C9++! (Game over: Town Win!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler: Playing
Darkling_Perhaps
CF Riot
absta101

ac1983fan

kondi2424

Spoiler: Lost
Mastermind,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
vijay2vasandani,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D2
Venmar,
Town Doctor
, killed N2
OhGodMyLife,
Vanilla townie
, lynched D3
psyche,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched killed N3
chamber,
Vanilla Townie
, killed N4.
Nobody special,
Mafia Godfather
, lynched D5.
Alduskkel,
Vanilla Townie
, killed N5.
Panzerjager,
Mafia Goon
, lynched D6
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 15 times in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

The audience silently filed into their chairs, whispering in muted, but excited, voices. This was the spectacle of the year, the show that everyone that couldn't participate in would almost (but not really) kill for.

And now their dreams would come to life, fantasies fufilled as the actor or the gazer.

Slowly, the lights dimmed as the stage was curtained in darkness. Then, from the shadows, a voice that had enthralled them for many a year before rose once more.

"Plebians, workers, nobles, ladies and gentlemen of all races, standings, and stature! You have come to see a show of glory; a man-made spectacle only beheld once every year, one you may have put your entire life into seeing, to etch it forever in your memory. Well, look no further, as your dreams shall COME TRUE!!"

And as those last words were shouted to an exultant crowd, the darkness lifted as a caped figure stood in front, head bowed as the audience clapped, cheered, and generally went mad. He silently raised a hand to tip his tophat at the audience, deftly replacing it upon his head as he rose from his bow.

As for the man before them, his face was clean-shaven and jovial for this appearance, his body trim and fit for the flair he purposed himself for. He had adopted many visages over the course of the event, some requiring...extensive changes that more often than not ate into the profits of the show itself. But it still benefitted greatly from this, as sometimes the wonder of what his next look would be was as hyped as the show he ran.

He gazed fondly at the still cheering crowd, a huge grin plastered on his face. Eventually, though, he motioned them to calm down.

"It is always a pleasure to see such a crowd come and fill these halls every year," he begins. "And you know why, too!" With a sweep of his hand and a flousih of his cloak, the nine platforms on the stage--cleverly disguised as part of it and easily missed if you weren't looking--opened up as nine contestants rose up, one to a platform. Their reactions to the crowed were varied, ranging from blank stares, nervous shuffles, or excited waves.

"Here are your contestants!" the master exclaims "Carefully selected, cleverly picked, or if you were lucky, candidly volunteered to participate tonight. Watch as they battle each other in a contest of wits, strategy, and intruige, to see who will be crowned the victor."

He turned to the contests, spreading his hands wide.

"Let the game of C9 Mafia BEGIN!" He proclaims, the roar of the crowd fully behind him.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Spoiler: Rules (Stolen from Rhinox with modifications who stole from Faraday with some modifications who stole them from Hoopla with some modifications):
> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Voidedmafia
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The vote tags are also appropriate for voting.
5a) Broken bold tags won't count. Mispellings or shortened names are ok as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you're voting, it won't count.
5b) If there are two people with similar enough names (Hoopla and hoopsmcgee, for instance), be sure to indicate which one you mean when voting)
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.
6) Unvotes aren't necessary before placing a new vote. However, unvotes are necessary if you want to completely remove your vote. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes - a majority (for example, if there's 5 people left, there needs to be 3 votes to lynch someone; if there's 4 left, there still needs to be 3). When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If at least 50% of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch (if there are 5 people left in the game, 3 need to vote for a no-lynch; if 4 are left, 2 need to).
8a) A no-lynch will also occur if there is no majority at the deadline.
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. You are allowed one more post WITHOUT information in it. Something like saying "Darn, I was NKed!" is fine.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 72 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you (up to 3-4 times) I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too if they haven't posted within 48 hours. I'm human and I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
13) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks, except day 1 which will have a 3 week deadline.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
15) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. The night scene may not exactly be up after 72 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.

> Other Information

17)
These are my colours and font I will use for modly purposes. All other colors except that used by my co-mod (if there is one) are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself, just don't post a rainbow.

18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully once a page on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will end your existence. Yes that means modkill.
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
21) No cryptography., not even for injokes. Do it once, and you'll get an in-thread warning. Do it twice, and it's instant mod-killing.
22)
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO SEE (V/LAs, VC or replacement requests, night actions, etc.), BOLD IT!
The LAST thing you want is to submit a kill and then not have it go through because I couldn't find it.
23) Have fun!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

C9++ is a game that uses a semi-open setup. please click the link if there are any questions you may have about role generating, distributions, etc. If there are any further questions, don't be afraid to ask me!

Here is a list of all the possible roles in this game, from the wiki page provided above:

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities: Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Cop
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Cop.

Abilities: Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Town, Antitown or No Result.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town 1-Shot Cop
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town 1-Shot Cop.

Abilities: Once at night, you may investigate a player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Town, Antitown or No Result.

Town Doctor
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Doctor.

Abilities: Each night phase, you may protect one player in the game from one nightkill.

Town 1-Shot Doctor
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town 1-Shot Doctor.

Abilities: Once at night, you may protect a player in the game from one nightkill.

Town Vigilante
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Vigilante.

Abilities: Each night, you may select a player in the game to target for a nightkill.

Town 1-Shot Vigilante
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town 1-Shot Vigilante.

Abilities: Once at night, you may select a player in the game to target for a nightkill.

Town Innocent Child
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Innocent Child.

Abilities: At the start of Day 1, the moderator of the game will announce you as an Innocent Child, confirming you as town.

Town Mason
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Mason along with your partner(s) [Player Name] (and [Player Name]).

Abilities: You are confirmed town to your mason partner(s) and vice versa. You are permitted to talk to your partner(s) during pregame and at nights in this [quicktopic].

Town Roleblocker
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Roleblocker.

Abilities: Each night, you may select a player in the game to roleblock. They will not be able to perform an action at night if they have one.

Town 1-Shot Roleblocker
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town 1-Shot Roleblocker.

Abilities: Once at night, you may select a player in the game to roleblock. They will not be able to perform an action on this night if they have one.

Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner(s), [Player Name] (and [Player Name]).

Abilities: Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.

Win condition: You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Roleblocker
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partner(s), [Player Name] (and [Player Name]).

Abilities: Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Roleblock: Each night phase, you individually may perform a roleblock on another player in the game. You cannot block and kill in the same night.

Win condition: You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Godfather
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Godfather, along with your partner(s), [Player Name] (and [Player Name]).

Investigation Immunity: You appear innocent to Cop investigations.

Serial Killer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Serial Killer.

Abilities: Pregame you must choose to be either Investigation Immune or 1-Shot Bulletproof.
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.

Win condition: You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Role PMs have been sent out! The game will begin when at least 11/13 players have confirmed!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

11/13 have confirmed, so the game will begin!

Votecount 1.00:

Not voting - Chimera, vijay2vasandani, Darkling_Perhaps, Nobody Special, Chrimi, Elmo TeH AzN, absta101, Venmar, ac1983fan, OhGodMyLife, Alduskkel, mastermind, kondi2424

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-20 15:09:21), or by 2:10 PM on June 20th, 2012.

Chimera will be V/LA for the next week or so.

absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 am

Post by absta101 »

VOTE: Vijay
He's been scum in all my games.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote: Vijay

This wagon has potential
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote: vijay2vasandani

Let's take a crack at this.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Vote: AAlldduusskkeell
for hopping on the bandwagon this early.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Chrimi »

Confirming!

VOTE: Vijay

Cause I know him well.
mastermind
mastermind
Goon
mastermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 am

Post by mastermind »

VOTE: kondi2424 cuz it's fun to
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

FoS: Nobody Special
for hating on this awesome bandwagon
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Venmar »

Vote: Chrimi

Because i like you :P
Also, finally a game without Kassadin or BK-201.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Darkling_Perhaps
Darkling_Perhaps
Townie
Darkling_Perhaps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Darkling_Perhaps »

VOTE: OhGodMyLife for bandwagon jump
Achievement Unlocked:
Posted in a Forum
(25 Points!
)
Darkling_Perhaps
Darkling_Perhaps
Townie
Darkling_Perhaps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Darkling_Perhaps »

Yay, I forgot to exclude the vote from the rest of the text before I hit reply.

VOTE: OmGodMyLife
Achievement Unlocked:
Posted in a Forum
(25 Points!
)
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Vote: VJ

VOTE: VM CONFIRMING NOW.[/b]
PAGE 1 wagon GOGO!!
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Venmar »

Vijay is already at V-2 before he has even had a chance to post..

Can we slow down please? I don't want a quick lynch so soon before the person who is getting lynched has not even posted yet.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

What makes you think he'll be quicklynched?
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

VOTE: ELmo Teh Azn

Opportunistic scum.

Just kidding, that's still a random vote, but seriously some people need to back off the wagon... we do not need a page 2 lynch thanks.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

replace "random vote" with "non-serious vote."
Not a dayvig.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Venmar »

The wagon has started off way too fast for my taste. Considering some players might be trigger happy to jump on these kinds of opportunities, i am actually a bit concerned. Especially since it is on a player who has not talked yet.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 21, Venmar wrote:The wagon has started off way too fast for my taste. Considering some players might be trigger happy to jump on these kinds of opportunities, i am actually a bit concerned. Especially since it is on a player who has not talked yet.

Which players who haven't already voted him would you expect to be trigger happy enough to quicklynch?
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 22, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 21, Venmar wrote:The wagon has started off way too fast for my taste. Considering some players might be trigger happy to jump on these kinds of opportunities, i am actually a bit concerned. Especially since it is on a player who has not talked yet.

Which players who haven't already voted him would you expect to be trigger happy enough to quicklynch?

Why are you acting like Venmar was wrong in his reaction to an L-2 on page 1?

Like, yeah, bandwagons get us out of RVS, but the situation could have spun out of control very easily before anybody knew what was going on.
Yes, it's a joke wagon, and yes, it was not likely to cause a lynch, but how can one see a situation like that and not be worried?
Not a dayvig.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Venmar »

I haven't played with most of you before, and the small handful that i have ( Chrimi , Vijay , Kondi, Darkling ), i am not sure about since i only played 1 game with them so far ( not including this one ). But from experience from playing mafia, i know that some players jump on wagons. I have met these kinds of people, and i have no idea if any of you are those kinds of people. All i want is to slow this down.

Question for OhGodMyLife

- This might be just a gut feeling, but why are you questioning me so much about my reaction to a L-2? I only want to slow down a quickly growing wagon and you are questioning me as i have done something wrong. If i have done something wrong, I would be glad to hear it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”