Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 426: *Unspecified, as of yet* -GAME STARTED DAWGS

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Yo yo yo, wassup bros. It's me again, and I'm here to bring you my next game of awesomeness :D

However, I'm going to get people to give me idea's for the flavor, mainly because I want to give you guys a chance to write the flavor too (well mainly to give the ideas. Obviously I have no idea what to write about and I'm to lazy to do anything about that).
So, this time, you may send a topic or something you would like to happen in the flavor, when you respond to your role PM.

Spoiler: Rules
1. Be nice to your fellow players, and always remember to attack the style and not the player. Anyone who goes too far with this is liable to be modkilled, and I do NOT want to have to do that. You have been warned >_>

2. Do NOT quote your role PM or any other form of communication with me without consulting me first. Paraphrasing is fine though, however direct quoting my result in a modkill.

3. I expect my players to post at least once every 3 days. If you go any longer without posting I will prod you. If you ever need a third prod, I will just replace you instead, and if you do not respond to your prod within 48 hours I will also replace you.

4. Have fun :D

Days will generally last 2 weeks, Nights will last 72 hours.

Spoiler: Playerlist
UberNinja
Scigatt

drmyshotgun
Hyperion

Arugula
Malakittens
roflcopter
Chrimi
Shiidaji
BK201
Greywing
Blastoide
Loranthaceae
Jal

Spoiler: Alive
UberNinja
Scigatt

drmyshotgun
Hyperion

roflcopter
Chrimi
BK201
Blastoide
Loranthaceae

Spoiler: Dead
Jal, Mafia Rolecop, lynched Day 1.
Shiiidaji, Mafia Backup-Jailkeeper, shot Night 1.
Greywing, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2.
Malakittens, Town Jailkeeper, shot Night 2.
Arugula, Vanilla Townie, shot Night 2.

Spoiler: Killed by some monster that may or may not have appeared in the flavor, or me, which ever one you think sounds cooler (Modkilled)
Nobody, and I hope this stays like this :P

The setup for this game is Tit for Tat.
Last edited by Om of the Nom on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

The role PM's found in this game are as follows:

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vigilante
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Vigilante.
Abilities:

Each night, you may select a player in the game to target for a nightkill.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Backup Role Cop
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Backup Role Cop.
Abilities:

In the event the Mafia Role Cop dies, you will gain its power and be able to investigate a player at night to discover their role. Vanilla Townies are Mafia Goons both investigate as "Vanilla".
Win condition:

Town Jailkeeper
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Jailkeeper.
Abilities:

Each night, you may select a player in the game to jailkeep. This will simultaneously roleblock them and protect them from one nightkill.
Win condition:

Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Role Cop
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Role Cop, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Role Cop: Each night phase, you personally may investigate one player in the game to discover their role title. You cannot investigate and kill in the same night.
Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Backup Jailkeeper
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Backup Jailkeeper, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

In the event the town Jailkeeper dies, you will inherit their power, allowing you to "jailkeep" someone at night. This will simultaneously block and protect them from one nightkill. You cannot use this power and commit the factional nightkill in the same night.
Win condition:

If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Randomising roles right now, then I'll send them out.

The game will start when 10/12 players have confirmed.
The Mafia may start talking in pregame until the start of Day 1.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

All the role PM's are out now.

Purple is my colour. Don't use it or else you could be modkilled or killed by the mythical being that may or may not have been mentioned in the flavor.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

THAT'S IT GUYS, 10/12 HAVE CONFIRMED.

GAME START MUDDERTRUCKERS!

DEADLINE IS ON THE 29TH OF JULY.
WITH 12 ALIVE, IT'S 7 TO LYNCH, LETS GET THIS GAME STARTED WITH A BANG.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by Scigatt »

BANG!
Vote:Malakittens
for familiarity.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Oh, and I might just mention that I've decided to use the flavor ideas for that individual person's death scene. If you want a death scene, then feel free to send in a flavor idea at any time in the game.

At the end of the game, I'll write everyone's death scenes and post them all in one post, so that way if you gave me an idea, but you didn't die, you'd still have some flavor from me.

Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Heey hello there. This is my first game here on mafiascum.net but I've played 3 newbie games a normal game and an abnormal game on some other site. I was very sad to see that I'm vanilla town because it's roughly the 6th consecutive time this happens (i was third party once). The first time I was like thank God I'm not one of the bad guys, the second time I thought Well OK, the 3rd Hey! at least give me a blue role damnit, the 4th Hey WTF!, the 5th FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! and now the 6th time i'm back to thank God I'm not one of the bad guys
NOT!

But Hey, GL HF
PS: I like the idea of sending in flavor but can't think of anything now.. will do so eventually. My word, 2 weeks for a day cicle is freakin looong lol
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 7, Loranthaceae wrote:Heey hello there. This is my first game here on mafiascum.net but I've played 3 newbie games a normal game and an abnormal game on some other site. I was very sad to see that I'm vanilla town because it's roughly the 6th consecutive time this happens (i was third party once). The first time I was like thank God I'm not one of the bad guys, the second time I thought Well OK, the 3rd Hey! at least give me a blue role damnit, the 4th Hey WTF!, the 5th FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! and now the 6th time i'm back to thank God I'm not one of the bad guys
NOT!

But Hey, GL HF
PS: I like the idea of sending in flavor but can't think of anything now.. will do so eventually. My word, 2 weeks for a day cicle is freakin looong lol

wut?
Blastoide
Blastoide
Goon
Blastoide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by Blastoide »

Vote: Chimri

For making one of the funniest mafia games I've read.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Hello, feel free to refer to me as Shii.

Vote: Arugula
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

... Lora why.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

@Scigatt and @Shii Are you insinuating that I said something fishy? When you take the whole context of what I said into consideration it's clear that I was talking about my feelings when I got the role and not that I'm claiming to be a bad guy (as in I'm glad to be VT -> NOT! I want to play scum or blue obviously); People who downplay the context are likely to be scum because stretching this sort of stuff in this manner is not helping discussion. I got my eye on you 2
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Post by Scigatt »

In post 12, Loranthaceae wrote:@Scigatt and @Shii Are you insinuating that I said something fishy? When you take the whole context of what I said into consideration it's clear that I was talking about my feelings when I got the role and not that I'm claiming to be a bad guy (as in I'm glad to be VT -> NOT! I want to play scum or blue obviously); People who downplay the context are likely to be scum because stretching this sort of stuff in this manner is not helping discussion. I got my eye on you 2
What was the meta on roleclaims on your previous site? We generally don't do that lightly around here.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

Scigatt wrote:[quote="In post 12 What was the meta on roleclaims on your previous site? We generally don't do that lightly around here.

"Phew, I'm vanilla town" Is a standard first line on that site regardless of role.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:50 am

Post by Greywing »

In post 14, Loranthaceae wrote:
Scigatt wrote:"Phew, I'm vanilla town" Is a standard first line on that site regardless of role.

So basically, you just roleclaimed and then admitted you might be lying?

VOTE: Lora
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 15, Greywing wrote:
Scigatt wrote:"Phew, I'm vanilla town" Is a standard first line on that site regardless of role.

What scum intent do you draw from that?

Scigatt wrote:[quote="In post 12 What was the meta on roleclaims on your previous site? We generally don't do that lightly around here.

"Phew, I'm vanilla town" Is a standard first line on that site regardless of role.

Right then, don't go into it any further.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Jal »

@Lora: What site is that standard on?

In post 12, Loranthaceae wrote:@Scigatt and @Shii Are you insinuating that I said something fishy? When you take the whole context of what I said into consideration it's clear that I was talking about my feelings when I got the role and not that I'm claiming to be a bad guy (as in I'm glad to be VT -> NOT! I want to play scum or blue obviously); People who downplay the context are likely to be scum because stretching this sort of stuff in this manner is not helping discussion. I got my eye on you 2

They're not even voting you and yet you're being overly defensive and starting to point the fingers at possible scum. How is asking "wut" or "why" in response to what you wrote somehow stretching what you you said and not helping along the discussion? I see it quite as being the other way around.

VOTE: Loranthaceae
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Greywing »

In post 16, Shiidaji wrote:

What scum intent do you draw from that?

Page 1, and he's already waffling.
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 17, Jal wrote:@Lora: What site is that standard on?

They're not even voting you and yet you're being overly defensive and starting to point the fingers at possible scum. How is asking "wut" or "why" in response to what you wrote somehow stretching what you you said and not helping along the discussion? I see it quite as being the other way around.

VOTE: Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

oops i must've clicked submit instead of reply.
Anyway.. @Jal: what site is bandwagoning someone like this standard play for a townie?
I didn't realize claiming vanilla town was something unusual.. I mean it's safe to say no mafia is gonna claim scum and no blue is going to claim blue so it's a matter of taste or mood or something so I don't see why make a fuss about it.
When I called Scigatt and Shii scummy I thought they pretended not to get what I said about not being to enthusiastic about being VT again, which would be something a scum player would subtely make conversation about because it's safe to do so.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:01 am

Post by Malakittens »

Well claiming without need isn't something that is normal here.

Vote: Shi

Cause I can<3
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 am

Post by Shiidaji »

I was expressing exasperation at an early VT claim. They effectively narrow down the list of who scum want to gun for during the night. I don't recommend doing it on-site.

PeEdit: That.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 21, Malakittens wrote:Well claiming without need isn't something that is normal here.

Cause I can<3

Myeah well, point noted. What do you think about this rather silly and exaggerated assessment of the situation by this fellow right here?

In post 21, Malakittens wrote:Well claiming without need isn't something that is normal here.

Cause I can<3
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

damnit .. I meant

Return to “Completed Open Games”