Open 560: Tit for Tat (Game Over, 4/12 alive)

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Explanation of Night 2 and Julatorium's force replacement

The game was sent into night with two open slots, the TSO slot and the Justin Playfair slot.

1. Xfd chose to kill the Justin Playfair slot, irregardless of who was replacing into it.
2. Scum chose to kill Xfd.
3. neil said Lemniscate was interested in an open slot.
4. notscience fulfilled my replacement request and chose the TSO slot.

At this point, the Justin Playfair slot did not need to be replacement, so I just let Lemniscate have it by default (and sent her a role PM just as a formality, to credit her for offering to replace. This role PM was never picked up though so I just deleted the role PM a few days later).

Julatorium asked who the two replacements were, for meta purposes. I said that we will find out on the next day phase. Julatorium made a point saying that scum need to know who the replacements are, in case they were going to meta them for any reason. I replied "scum didn't seem to care who the replacements are", and that's what tipped of Julatorium that the replacement slots are likely not scum. Julatorium voluntarily resigned, because they now had too much information. LlamaFluff replied to the siutation, and said that Julatorium was indeed correct, and would be given credit as a neutral survivor in any case because this was moderator error, not player error.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 am

Post by T S O »

I hate to be critical immediately, but that was depressingly bad.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1191, Not_Mafia wrote:TSO was and is obvtown, therefore NS is too. And scum have a rolecop, So what if we picked up on her JK tells day 1?

I was surprised no one picked up on this scum slip.

GG scum.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Krystal Bald
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Krystal Bald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Krystal Bald »

yup.
Ha͈̜͇̦͚i̭̖͕̭͍̫l̥̲̯ ̱̦͚̤P͓̦͎̳i̟̱z҉͚͈̖̖z̳͡a̶l͈̞̦̙c͖̥͔̮͓̣͎ơ̼̬͚̦̫a͇̪̹̠t̨̲ļ͈͚̼̰.̝̱̦͉
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:47 am

Post by T S O »

If only the Vig had actually gone on who we told him to n1, the game could have been over d3.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:48 am

Post by T S O »

But really? You lynched my slot? You know, the one who got Elmo lynched in the most non-bus-like push ever?

ns wasn't even particularly scummy.
-Marquis
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Moonlight »

I'm usually the kind of guy that blames himself to a fault. I have ridiculously harsh expectations from myself, and it's very rare for me to blame teammates for a loss.

This time though, I can't help it. I'm going to criticize some of you, as well as give credit where I believe it's due. I welcome everyone to criticize my play as well, I want to get better.

@notscience:
You managed to replace into a slot that looked Town as fuck and turn it into a huge question mark with your laziness. There is a reason I limit myself to 1 game at a time; if I did too many, I would become as dispassionate as you. Your naked vote on insanity disgusted me despite it being right. It was as if you had nothing to comment on, and I believe I gave you plenty of room to interact with me. What a waste of potential. The silver lining in this is that now I know I can be a good IC, because I cannot imagine doing worse than you.

@hephaestus:
I wish you were as fiery as your avatar. You were the only clear Townie in LyLo and you should have taken the initiative instead of me. I don't understand why you voted notty without even providing your reasoning. Weren't you aware he already had a vote? Did you not care? Or did you think you couldn't be wrong?

@N_M:
I cannot for the life of me understand how I was the only one scumreading you in LyLo. TSO himself was asking for your head before he replaced out, yet no one seemed to give a fuck. Our interaction had me sold you must be scum, so I don't know how you brainwashed the rest, but good job regardless!

@insanity:
You were awesome to play against and you faked Town uncertainty beautifully. If it wasn't for your early townread of N_M, I don't think I'd have become confident that you're scum with him. Kudos!

@neil:
You, sir, have become my prime example of something I've always believed very strongly: experience means nothing, and what one learns from it is not necessarily true. Enough said.

That's all that comes to mind, excuse my bitterness. >_>
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:51 am

Post by T S O »

I don't have many problems with the above.

I'm not sure I'd have got insanity on d3 anyway because I didn't think Elmo was bussing, but I would have caught up to him the day after.

Let me quote something.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 am

Post by T S O »

In post 950, Not_Mafia wrote:Still prefer Insanity for reasons previously stated. Will vote Elmo in (expired on 2014-07-18 16:00:00) if insanity wagon isn't re-invigorated.

In post 951, T S O wrote:how about now

In post 952, Not_Mafia wrote:Okay fine

VOTE: Elmo

In post 953, T S O wrote:idk why but that vote makes me feel dirty

still though

"I prefer this wagon."
"I prefer my wagon."
"Oh okay, vote: Elmo!"

:/
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:53 am

Post by T S O »

I'm aware I'm acting like a spoiled brat and I'm about to stop but with Elmo dead I felt I'd set you guys up to coast home fairly easily.

hephaestus. jesus. did you read the game?
-Marquis
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Thanks to uctriton for hosting.

Not a very deserved win. If it wasn't for all the replacements we would have lost this hands down.

In post 1252, Tammy wrote:
In post 1191, Not_Mafia wrote:TSO was and is obvtown, therefore NS is too. And scum have a rolecop, So what if we picked up on her JK tells day 1?

I was surprised no one picked up on this scum slip.

GG scum.

That was intentional, it was meant to frame NS as partner, I was also surprised no one picked up on it
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 am

Post by T S O »

I also didn't understand why Moonlight wasn't basically conftown in LyLo.
-Marquis
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The "we" was meant to refer to me and TSO, now I can see it just looks like "we"=scum
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:57 am

Post by T S O »

NM, did you pick up on Mala crumbing?
-Marquis
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Juls »

So insanity would not have survived with us in the game. But I doubt we would have ever figured out Not_Mafia.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1263, T S O wrote:NM, did you pick up on Mala crumbing?

I didn't notice any explicit crumbs but her general play day 1 screamed PR
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Tammy »

I was going to question insanity early day one when I finished catching up but got distracted.

Seriously, if you don't know how to read me in the first place don't pull dumb as shit reaction tests. You don't know what you're doing or looking for so all you end up doing is causing a distraction and pissing me off. And it especially doesn't help if I'm already suspicious of you. Also telling me you don't know what I'm catching up on when I haven't read the damn game is annoying.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1264, Juls wrote:So insanity would not have survived with us in the game. But I doubt we would have ever figured out Not_Mafia.

So, together, game over?

I actually think so.
-Marquis
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1262, Not_Mafia wrote:The "we" was meant to refer to me and TSO, now I can see it just looks like "we"=scum

Ah.

Also thanks to ucitron for running it and sorry for replacing out.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Riddleton »

I think N_M played exceptionally well. Insanity was a little obvious though.

And sorry for being inactive, by the way. I'm aware the tons of replacements killed the game for town. :(
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 am

Post by notscience »

In post 1255, T S O wrote:But really? You lynched my slot? You know, the one who got Elmo lynched in the most non-bus-like push ever?

ns wasn't even particularly scummy.

sarcasm=scum apparently
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Juls »

In post 1267, T S O wrote:
In post 1264, Juls wrote:So insanity would not have survived with us in the game. But I doubt we would have ever figured out Not_Mafia.

So, together, game over?

I actually think so.

My other head still couldn't call you town but I was pretty sure.
-------------------------------------
Juls
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:07 am

Post by notscience »

In post 1256, Moonlight wrote:@notscience: You managed to replace into a slot that looked Town as fuck and turn it into a huge question mark with your laziness. There is a reason I limit myself to 1 game at a time; if I did too many, I would become as dispassionate as you. Your naked vote on insanity disgusted me despite it being right. It was as if you had nothing to comment on, and I believe I gave you plenty of room to interact with me. What a waste of potential. The silver lining in this is that now I know I can be a good IC, because I cannot imagine doing worse than you.

1) I thought I'd have the patience to finish reading and didn't

2) I'm not dispassionate, I just never finished reading so I didn't particularly care

3) So a right vote in lylo disgusts you? undeserved reachouts disgust me too!

4) What did you want me to comment on? The weather?

5) Yes, because a lylo reachout leaves great room for reachout and definitely doesn't make me think buddy!

6) That's fine, I was a shit IC anyways because I drew scum
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 am

Post by notscience »

In post 1266, Tammy wrote:I was going to question insanity early day one when I finished catching up but got distracted.

Seriously, if you don't know how to read me in the first place don't pull dumb as shit reaction tests. You don't know what you're doing or looking for so all you end up doing is causing a distraction and pissing me off. And it especially doesn't help if I'm already suspicious of you. Also telling me you don't know what I'm catching up on when I haven't read the damn game is annoying.

yeah tammy was really town lol
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 am

Post by T S O »

reading LyLo, the worst bit was when Moonlight figured the whole game out, reached out to ns, who I think also knew, AND THEN HEPH IMMEDIATELY DERPVOTED WITHOUT REASONING

*clicks trigger*
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Open Games”