shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 am

Post by shos »

of course I did! but to have it is a different thing than to help others have it
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1121, petroleumjelly wrote:As a minor suggestion for Miss Murgatroyd and Miss Eliza, I would say if you think you are short on time but want to re-read the entire game, please skip the summaries you do of every single page in the game. That is just going to slow you down and make it less likely you get through the material. I suspect if you kept much shorter notes to yourself instead of making a big production out of it, you would have been able to finish.

Thank you for the advice, but that would unfortunately take me 3 times as long to make shorter notes rather than longer ones. Think of it as moving your finger under the words while you read a text so that you don't lose your place, shorter notes are like just keeping a finger on the page somewhere, longer notes are keeping my finger on the line so that i know which line i'm on and don't get lost.

It helps me read closely enough. If I don't do it, I start skimming and miss stuff, and I find paraphrasing time consuming and difficult.

A member of the Cabinet congratulated Wilson on introducing the vogue of short speeches and asked him about the time it took him to prepare his speeches. He said:

“It depends. If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now.”

But the problem wasn't so much a lack of time, but that my disability was affecting my reading comprehension to the extent that i couldn't understand most of what was written in the thread. I thought that I was losing my ability to communicate entirely, because I've been slowly having more and more trouble with language since October and it wouldn't have been the first time it happened to me.

It's starting to get better again, though! Language is just very resource intensive and so it's the first thing to go when anything is wrong and it took me 3 months to figure out what the wrong thing was in my environment and set it right. It's early still, but things seem to be getting better. I couldn't have written this post a week ago, so it's getting better. I'm sorry I didn't figure it out what was wrong offline in time for this LYLO.

I don't know if I would have made the right choice if I had been at my best; Anen and shos are both talented enough scum players that it wouldn't have been an easy choice regardless.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Ether »

I'd keep the roleblock at one shot, and I still think the percentage range is fine, but there is one thing I'd change. I'd add some way to give players more control over what percentages they get, like maybe a 24-hour pregame phase where players can swap percentages with each other. (That's before they get roles, obviously.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1117, Bellaphant wrote:That crumb was a total accident - I've never said Jeez in my life, I think I was confused at how to show frustration at a scum-buddy?

Was it accidental? "Jeez".

In post 1126, Plotinus wrote:I've been slowly having more and more trouble with language since October and it wouldn't have been the first time it happened to me.

I don't see any problems.
(And at least you're not drunkposting in German...)

In post 1126, Plotinus wrote:It's starting to get better again, though!

Get even better! ^_^

In post 1127, Ether wrote:I'd add some way to give players more control over what percentages they get, like maybe a 24-hour pregame phase where players can swap percentages with each other. (That's before they get roles, obviously.)

How would that work?
Wouldn't it make the game too convulated?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

it was at its worst in early January, couldn't language at all and I got prodded and I tried to accuse shos of buddying me by copy pasting quotes of other times that people had buddied me.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by shos »

lol
I really wasn't buddying, you were great when you weren't sick.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

i'm sorry i got paranoid of you, shos. I know now that it wasn't buddying.

It seems like if i notice somebody is buddying me, they're just townreading me, and if i don't notice and the buddying works then they're scum and buddying me.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

It's ok Plotty

Scum had me pretty misted anyway so it's not like I would have been much help this game lol
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:57 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

the cake was a half lie
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus